Thor is way too powerful. Too OP. How is anything a challenge for him...

Thor is way too powerful. Too OP. How is anything a challenge for him? How do you even write a good Thor story when he is so powerful? Why the Avengers exist when Thor could have done everything on his own?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fu2bgwcv43o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I know right, batma- I mean, Iron Man would totally kick his ass

So just copy pasta the bait straight from Superman to Thor.

Ignoring of course that Hulk is a strength match (when he shouldn't, Thor should be stronger) and that Thor is slower and weaker then a whole bunch of heroes and Villians. While DC jacks off to Superman so much, they have him cracking the universe and warping reality around his fists.

>While DC jacks off to Superman so much, they have him cracking the universe and warping reality around his fists.
It was literally a Superman villain that did this (Superboy-Prime), not THE Superman.

Isn't Thor strong enough to destroy planets using his blasts? Why he needs the Avengers? How is anything a challenge for him?

>While DC jacks off to Batman so much
FTFY

Thor have his own personality flaw. Superman doesn't.

What is Thor's personality flaw? Does that flaw make him less powerful?

Superman is not only what put DC on the map, but what started the superhero genre as we know it. It makes sense that he's the most important being in their universe.

Same reason Marvel jacks off Captain America.

inb4 he says "he's not very smart" or some variation of that because he only watches movies

Do you think Thor listens to heavy metal songs about himself?

Whereas Superman constantly forgets he has a shitload of powers all the time, especially speed, Thor just loves to rumble the old fashioned way. So he will intentionally not smite a villain so he can brawl with them for a while.

Shut up, i'm so sick of people asking why x is on the team when y is more powerful.

Yes Hawkeye and Widow are useless when you have Thor and Hulk
Batman is useless when you have Superman
Green Arrow is useless with you have Flash and Supergirl
The list goes on...

Stop thinking about Superhero teams so literally, everything about them is retarded if you try to look at it realistically.

The flash is way too powerful. Too op. How is anything a challenge for him

I don't know man, it's not like there are 60 years of comics that could answer your question

Answer to that is writers have had flash job for 60 years

So the only challenge he has is his own dumb nature? The Avengers are needed because Thor won't defeat the villains due to pure arrogance?

Wow, how amazing, huh?

>t. moviefag
Thor is heroic. He loves battle but he's noble. The fucking point of him becoming worthy was that he became protector of Earth. He's not going to risk people getting hurt just so he can fight more.

And I'm sure you know this from experience and aren't just talking out of your ass.

quick to rush into battle before knowing facts about his enemy. At times his arrogance gets the best of him.

Also being a God means you are slave to the myths and they will get you. Like, Balder can't escape his death So much so that he's not even in the MCU

probably some folk metal like Tyr
youtube.com/watch?v=fu2bgwcv43o

>quick to rush into battle before knowing facts about his enemy. At times his arrogance gets the best of him.
How does that changes the fact that he is too powerful to have real challenges? How does that change the fact that the Avengers aren't needed when he is around?

The Hulk can overpower him in a fight, Stark has a few hundred armors that can adsorb his lighting and send it back at him mixed with a unibeam, Deadpool can swipe his hammer and smack him around with it, and Storm can overtake his weather controlling powers with her own.

Why do people seriously believe this garbage? It's like saying if you have one really good firefighter you don't need any other firefighters. Having a team of multiple people is ALWAYS better than one person.

He generally falls for magical tricks. It's a writing trope to get him out of the combat so the rest of the avengers have something to contribute. Alternatively, many villain teams have a couple heavy hitters and Thor needs to solo those.

Street level heroes with big flying bricks was a mistake. It makes these larger than life types pokemon to the sl's trainers in athority in training.

Is this the new pasta?

>Deadpool can swipe his hammer
I remember that but I don't remember why DP is considered worthy.

Go read Tales to Astonish or his series to get the answer.

Also
>Surtur
>Ulik
>Wrecking Crew
>Absorbing Man
>Kurse
>Destroyer
>Mangog
>Ymir
>Midgard Serpent
>Juggernaut

It's not like Thor hasn't gotten his shit pushed in before.

>Isn't Thor strong enough to destroy planets using his blasts? Why he needs the Avengers? How is anything a challenge for him?

Why would Thor destroy a planet? How would that solve anything?

>How does that changes the fact that he is too powerful to have real challenges? How does that change the fact that the Avengers aren't needed when he is around?

Unlike Superman, Thor reguarly fights people on his level. When he's crusading across the galaxy he's dealing with people just as strong as he is. When the Avengers come together they're usually fighting threats too big for any of them such as Kang and Ultron.

Unlike fucking Superman who is always perfect and stronger and smarter than everything.

and then add in Marvel cosmic entities like
>Collector
>Galactus
>Eternals
>Ego
>Celestials
They aren't technically Thor villains but he goes against that kind of stuff on a very regular basis.

Then you have the whole magical villains he has that can really fuck with him
>Amora
>Loki
>Lorielle
>Hela

Being Thor is not an easy job Unless you are a woman

>Unlike Superman, Thor reguarly fights people on his level
Because Superman doesn't fight Zod, Doomsday, Mongul, Darkseid, Brainiac and Mxy, right?

Spoken like a true casual.

This thread is beautiful bait for Superman contrarians.

>Unlike Superman, Thor reguarly fights people on his level
How is it even possible to be this retarded

Thor has powerful villains, most other heroes just play with their dicks or go after bank robbers, filler shit and such.
When Thor isn't doing something big he's either dead or jobbing in the Avengers.

>muh power levels
This shit again.

>Thor is slower and weaker then a whole bunch of heroes
So basically no one ok, next thing we find out you're the one always posting scans of Thor getting owned

>While DC jacks off to Superman so much, they have him cracking the universe and warping reality around his fists.

Fake news, are you sure it's DC that wanks Supes? Busting universes but is knocked out by a tractor, that doesn't seem very coherent.

>or jobbing in the Avengers
on one hand, yes. On the other The Wrecking Crew. They are one of my favorite throw away villain teams cause they can work for almost any situation. They do street level crimes but have near cosmic power. It's so ridiculous but awesome

Its pis steve and tony survive more than a few minutes against any threat on thors and hulks level or any cosmic powerhouse.

Steve literally is as much as a mary sue as Superman due to having unprecedented hyper planning skills to fight literal eldtrichs, tony is second because building any armor and technological defense with a team of peak humans and a couple demi gods vs a alien super god like galactus or kang a superior genius on reeds level is bs and jobbing.

God like beings and heavy hitters like Thor should always solve the heavy hitting stuff without it being called an avenger problem.

Classic villains like the wrecking Crew and absorbing men job to anyone that can hold a book, I wouldn't want to see them in a Thor book after reading how BP easily defeats them with his black Fu.

Thor jobs all the time
He couldn't even beat a bunch of Vikings in Ennis' story

cause those villains are SUPPOSED to job. They don't have deep plans and major goals, they just rob banks and stuff. Absorbing man a little less cause he has had some crazy stories and powerups. I think there is a lot more potential for Absorbing Man than what has been done so far. Wrecking Crew are FUN jobbers, it's true that The Wrecker nearly killed Thor in his origin but he hasn't been that powerful since, and I don't think he should be. He should just be a fun villain that get defeated by some silly means

that wasn't in continuity...but yeah that story sucked

Thor gets his shit stomped way too often to compare him to Superman. He;s very moderate superman.

thor is weaker than the likes of Shazam 2.

The opposite is also true, since rebirth supes got stomped by a Batman villain, lost to some street levelers in a fight against the SS, Deathstroke two times, got stomped by Frankenstein, a farmer had to save his ass, some more I don't even remember.

Supes is weaker than the likes of Hyperion.

Invincible cursed Vikings, one of them was even stronger than Thor.

>does not describe movie thor at all

Way to show that casual

In the first Secret Wars Thor took on the entire Villain side by himself and was winning before Cap yelled at him to cut that out.

If Thor can do that, why he needs the help of people like Captain America, Hawkeye and Wasp to fight against villains?

Thor is not the most powerful guy on Earth, that's more Nefaria or Nate Gray, or Franklin Richards. There is not that much of a power gap between him and the other big guys of the team.

Thor is the guy that will run straight in and brawl with the big bad while the rest of the team goes to stop the superpower granting device, power gem, super mcguffin that actually solves the whole problem.

He is more like the Thing of the team that gets into a punching fight while Reed does all the actual work that solves everything.

I hope I keep seeing more of these. I hope Silver Surfer is next

>How to spot a moviefag

>Thor is not the most powerful guy on Earth
Why with Thor this is an acceptable answer, but with Superman we have people saying "NU-UH!"

Those guys only occasionally appear for events or some incredibly rare spoecial. He does not regularly fight a Zod Doomsday, Mongul is a lantern villain, Mxy does not actually "fight" anyone, and Brainiac is not a physical equal.

He takes on Parasite, Metallo, Reactron, and assorted underpowered mooks on a regular basis.

Most Thor villains are on his level.

I'm not so sure anyone needs Hawkeye's help

>Those guys only occasionally appear for events or some incredibly rare spoecial.
Those guys appear all the time, you dumb fuck. Since Rebirth, he has fought all of them but Brainiac.

>Mongul is a lantern villain
How casual can you be?

And a smart Hulk has been shown capable of taking on and killing the entire non-cosmic MU, your point?

>How to spot a casual

Mongul has not appeared in a Superman book since 2007

Mongul appeared in a Superman book literally months ago as part of the "Revenge Squad".

Please, refrain yourself from posting. You are wrong in everything you said till now.

You haven't read any Action Comics at all have you?

>Flashback of an 80's story still counts

Your wikipedia knowledge is not helping you hear. The difference is I have actually read it and you clearly have not.

>Why would Thor destroy a planet
A drunken bar fight gone out of hand?

But it wasn't a Flashback, you dumb fuck.

Geez, man, are you trying to be wrong on purpose?

Mongul did appear in a recent Action Comics arc from Rebirth. The fuck are you smoking?

He knows he is wrong, but he won't admitted, so he chose to act dumb.

Pretty immature, if you ask me.

But he is though, Marvel's last relaunch, legacy or wtv had a profile for Thor that said he was the most powerful hero in the nine realms

Then why he needs Hawkeye's help to do what he does? Why he needs the Avengers at all?

Blue Marvel, Hyperion, Sentry, Cable, and Black Bolt say hi.

Thor is not on their level

Black Bolt was humiliated by Emma Frost and Dazzler last time he tried to act high and mighty.

Hi samefag, it was a flashback to a Morrison story. Try reading the book instead of coming here to troll

He doesn't? Read the last Mighty Thor issue and you'll see a Thor villain jumping from planet/moon to planet/moon, these kind of things don't carry over to team books, specially with street levelers in them.

This does not work when referring to Thor

This is just angry DC nerd idiocy trying to be contrarian

Are you retarded? It wasn't a flashback, it was for real. Fucking Chinese Superman had to help Clark.

Good God! Just admit you are wrong, mouseketeer

You're right, he's way above them, BM, Hype and Sentry without the void punch on the same level as Thor but are nowhere near as powerful as him.

>It's okay when Marvel does it

Blue Marvel and Sentry have walked through guys that Thor could not touch

BB fought Abs man in his current run, the guy isn't even super soldier level physically, that was stupid.

Blue Marvel and Sentry are shit characters that were literally retconned into existence and should be retconned out of it as soon as possible.

the Sup Forumsfagging on Sup Forums is getting a little out of hand today

Oh, sorry.

Blue Marvel and Sentry are amazing characters whose well-written stories redefined the genre.

Better now?

user that's irrelevant.

Then why didn't they stop him when he became god king of earth and killed the avengers.

You can't, that's why they made him a cuck and gave his job to a girl

Nope, Google what the creator of Blue Marvel has to say about Thor

You're right he's way above them.

They didn't exist back then, not that it would make any difference.

How fucking convenient

Retcon them into the past as if they were always there but not quiiiite smart enough to retcon reasons why they were absent for the events that they should have been a part of

>I was just holding back
It's literally impossible to write a challenge for him. New foe shows up and Thor just instantly slaughters them with a new power up.

>Guy who's slaughtered countless gods beats Thor
>Thor suddenly one shots him
What's the point?

The fact that Thor oneshot Sentry during SIEGE was a really disappointing ending.

I get the idea, but they really need to stop giving guys like Thor enemies that can be stopped by punching

This. There's no tension. When Captain America goes up against Thanos there's real stakes because Cap has nothing but his skills and preptime to help him. He's the embodiment of human achievement, staring down god's. Thor's just a god so I know he's going to win. He literally returns every time he's killed thanks to Ragnarok so what's the point?

Lel he came back after fear itself, he just called the hammer to him and it broke through dimensions and shit

Why is there so much low effort bait? Who cares if Supes and Thor are OP compared to Batman, they don't fight regular street thugs. They fight gods, aliens, and foes who can either counter them or are as strong as them.

Wow what the fuck? How am I supposed to believe there's any threat? When Spider-Man goes up against some street thugs I really believe one of them might shoot him in the head and he'd die without Marvel advertising his death months in advance. You know why? Because he's just a normal human. But Thor is totally unrelatable, how am I supposed to care about the adventures of a god?

How many Marvel bait threads are going on at the same time right now?

We got this one, a Namor one, a Hawkeye one, a Carol one, and a few Thanos ones

Shouldn't someone make a Vision is too OP thread by now?

Read it like the adventures of a God lol, if you can't relate with him maybe you haven't read enough of him or maybe the stories told in a Thor book simply aren't to your liking.

>But Thor is totally unrelatable, how am I supposed to care about the adventures of a god?
I have no idea user.

There's two Supermen ones so it evens out. When's someone going to make a Batman or Wonder Woman one.

Thor beat up Gorr the God Butcher, why would Pluto be any threat? A story isn't good unless I believe that the bad guy can beat the good guy in a fist fight.

You mean the same creator that had him 1-shot Sentry?