The Death and Return of DCEU Superman

So now that the dust has been unsettled and the Man of Steel is back, what did you guys think of Clark’s death in Batman v. Superman? Did you like it? How did it make you feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dG9yH_EVI0U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was pointless. A hamfisted Jesus allegory.

It was stupid and had no weight to it. It had no sense of tension because you know Clark will be back for Justice League, and the fight itself was awful. Snyder just picked things he knew were popular and shoved them in with no context.

I wish they did that shit before Christopher Reeve became crippled; that would've actually gotten a reaction.

The biggest mistake in all of capeshit.

>Sup Forums - Comics & Cartoons

Get lost on your way to Sup Forums?

I've never actually seen it. I'd left the theater by that point.

Didn't really care. Didn't want it in a movie, but at least they got that and Doomsday out of the way so we don't get a movie about it.

One day these people will stay in fucking Sup Forums.

One day.

>dies for no reason other than snyder thinks student film level biblical metaphors are deep
>the coffin is shaking at the end
>in JL they just say nah he was really dead
It was beyond pointless and poorly thought out. Its a perfect metaphor for the DCEU, honestly.

Get lost on your way to /hm/?

They couldn't even wait one movie to ressurect him? Jesus Christ.

>what did you guys think of Clark’s death in Batman v. Superman?
It was fucking stupid.
>Did you like it?
No.
>How did it make you feel?
As a Supesfags it made me angry as fuck, but that's just the feeling I get from literally everything DC related Snyder has done.

unlikely

Why didnt supes just get wondereoman to stab doomsday with the kryptostick?

Because that would have been fucking cowardly & she was busy being the only thing restraining him & holding back his shockwaves from reaching the more populated parts of the city.

Not one fucking person I knew believed he was actually dead. The circumstances of his death were too terribly executed for even the non-nerds to believe.

Felt the death was very well done, alot more so then the comic death, in the comic it was just a cheap gimmick (the creators said as much)
The movie version of it, completed his arc, he accepts he will never make all people happy and decides it doesn't matter, focus on what makes him happy (Lois) and save the world anyway because it is the right thing to do regardless if it is appreciated.

The rebirth is another matter.
Haven't seen JL yet but I saw the leaked clip of his rebirth & I didn't like that. They really fucking should have done more to make clear his confusion and not remembering Diana or his team up with Bruce.
His line "you won't let me live" suggest he only remembers their battle, prehaps he even thought Bruce was the one who killed him but still.

It was never meant to be a definitive death to the audience.
It was meant to complete his arc and confirm in universe that his intent was good the whole time to the rest of the planet.

I was actually impressed they did it. I wasn't expecting them to kill Superman like that. They didn't signal it and even the resurrection hint was subtle.

>Hey wonder woman, why don't you do my job for me since it'd be more convenient? I mean, that's what heroes do, right? They delegate hard stuff to other people to shoulder?

>and confirm in universe that his intent was good the whole time to the rest of the planet.
How exactly does it do that?

>and even the resurrection hint was subtle.
what

>>Hey wonder woman, why don't you do my job for me since it'd be more convenient? I mean, that's what heroes do, right? They delegate hard stuff to other people to shoulder?

Man you must really hate Justice League.

You are aware the spear had kryptonite, right?

The one thing that only he was being visibly weakened by.

It was actually insulting when He died here, then they showed he was still alive like 10 minutes later at the end of the movie

reminder that he resurrected 3 days (movies) later

And what was he suppose to do, limp to Wonder Woman, ask her to take it while she was already busy keeping Doomsday still with her lasso and then wait till Clark was strong enough to switch places with her? You're asking for a completely contrived way to do it. Superman was the only one who could find the spear, and he had a lucky chance to use it just as Batman used his last kryptonite grenade and Diana had Doomsday roped, and barely was able to keep him still, so Clark had a good opportunity to skewer him with the spear.

Justice League isn't big on Flash telling Aquaman to go save civilians in his stead because it'd be kinda inconvenient for him to do at that moment.

...I
..N
POTTERY

Oh my god, I'm so sick of hearing this goddamn debate. There is no reason, NONE, why Diana couldn't be the one to stab Doomsday with the fucking stick.
>B-But she was busy with the lasso
Oh blow me. Its literally for plot convenience so Clark can nonsensically die this early in the franchise. Literally all it takes is Clark yelling for her to grab it while he occupies the dumb abomination. Anything else out of you fucks is either blatant baiting or stupidity

>cowardly
Cuz leaving a planet unprotected from future doomsday-tier threats is the smart thing to so
>thats what heroes do
Do electricians touch hot wires with their bare hands? Do fire fighters fo into burning buildings without there gear?

When you are presented with:
>save the world and die
or
>save the world and not die
I would hope that anyone, hero or not, would choose the less unnecessarily-suicidal option.

>They couldn't even wait
That sums up DCEU completely.

If they had just don't the man of steel trilogy like they original planned, rebooted batman and put out a flash and a wonder woman movie they would be doing fine.

Instead they are a mess and will miss their chance before everyone moves on from capeshit films

Because he died to save them.

>Do fire fighters fo into burning buildings without there gear?

To heroically to save someone because there's no time to go gear up? Yeah, they might actually. Because heroes sometimes will risk their own life if the danger is imminent.

>Cuz leaving a planet unprotected from future doomsday-tier threats is the smart thing to so

This is retarded logic because then no hero would ever do anything that is life threatening. It's like soldier going "whoa, Imma gtfo of here, if I die, who's going to be around to protect the country tomorrow?" when he gets into a firefight.

>Oh blow me.

What a compelling argument. Should I fondle your balls as I do it?

The soldier could stay and die protecting his country.
Or he could stay in cover and wait for the reinforcements, that he knows will arrive, to arrive.

I felt nothing other than "Oh, Hans wrote some nice music".

user, that's been a thing for decades.

Except in this context there is no reinforcements, all the back up you could get is already there, and they're basically engaged and pinned down, slowly losing battle. Now you could go and help save the day with your involvement, but what you're arguing is it'd be better to just go "yeah, how about I just come over to you guys, give my gun to you, tap out, and you do all the heavily lifting? Because I just don't feel up to risking my life in this instance."

youtube.com/watch?v=dG9yH_EVI0U
The original story had the impact it did because a)it was the Superman people knew and cared about, and b) it was shocking and unexpected.
This Superman was already divisive, but also died in his second appearance. Death of Superman and Batman going against Superman are two of the biggest shockers they had, and they wasted both in one shot.

I forgot to add that the movie death wasn't even a surprise, considering how Doomsday was in the trailers.

It made me feel nothing, just like the rest of the movie.

I didn't really care

They wouldn't be quick enough to switch as Doomsday was building up another attack

Too Damn soon and happened with a Superman barely anyway cared about.

It was a cheap gimmick in the movie too.