The official 2000AD (Judge Dredd and other shit) YouTube channel only has 7,000 subscribers

The official 2000AD (Judge Dredd and other shit) YouTube channel only has 7,000 subscribers.

I mean... I knew 2000AD was niche but not THAT niche.

They only hit 1,000,000 video view across all videos after 7 YEARS.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/2000ADonline
youtube.com/watch?v=8TySMGu_QFE
mediafire.com/folder/z53r0gq8a949z#z53r0gq8a949z
youtube.com/watch?v=PzFCmDyK-68
mediafire.com/folder/qqs3zd1s6hqjd/Revere
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anyway....

They're doing a giveaway where a random subscriber will win a years subscription of 2000AD comic.

So subscribe I guess? And if you win you can give it to me! :3

youtube.com/user/2000ADonline

I swear to grudd im not a 2000AD employee I just feel kinda bad for them.

Im a huge Dredd fan and think it's criminally overlooked

Damn well I'll sign up, I like their comics.

I don't think it helps that the dude who does all their videos on the channel has a lisp that's prominent enough that they have to hard code subtitles into their videos.

It's a shame because they do really good retrospective videos on lesser known characters to get people into good stories.

2000AD/Rebellion just released Rogue Trooper Redux on current systems and PC. Wish they did the same with their Aliens vs Predator games as well.

It's always been a thing that sells mainly in Britain and incidentally online/or other places. I think it's around 20k per issue in sales.

>20k per issue in sales
That aint that bad.
I bet the Case files also sell really well

Well do they actually release anything interesting on the channel? I don't subscribe to DC or Marvel channels simply because I have no interest in getting marketing BS spammed.

>to be a true fan you must watch all the youtube videos

>tfw Rebellion released their earning numbers
>their vidya division makes a fuckton more money than their publishing arm

Like... on one hand, I understand. Rebellion moved to digital-only releases through Steam and such so they don't have to pay any middlemen, and apparently that Battlezone VR game thing struck a nice nostalgia chord. And somehow Sniper Elite always sells well. But it's still a bit shocking to see just how much their vidya prop up the Galaxy's Greatest Comics finance-wise.
Let's hope this Treasury of British Comics collection helps them a bit.

Also, at the risk of over-shilling OP, there's a Christmas sale going on at the 2000AD shop right now. Only Dredd they have is the hardcover newspaper strips books, which is really fucking cool anyway, but they also have complete DR and Quinch by Moore/Davis at 8 bucks, the Devlin Waugh collections at 10 bucks each, Harlem Heroes, Flesh, Mega-City Undercover, some oddball collections (including one that has XTNCT), all for pretty good prices.
I'm waiting for November's card statement to close so I can buy half their fucking catalogue. Gimme dat sweet Nemesis: Deviant Edition hardcover...

Dude, NOBODY reads comics anymore.

Got a link?

The sniper elite games sell surprisingly well so I can understand that.

Sure but 1,000,000 view in 7 years for an established 40 year old comics company is pretty appalling

Anything that isn't the Big Two is pretty damn niche, really, innit? Plus I'd imagine a lot of people like myself are Americlaps or various other sorts of non-Brit-Cit residents so getting a hold of anything 2000AD related in the first place means either finding it online, lurking for Judge user storytimes, making Sup Forums threads that die within five posts oh god why do my threads always die so fast, or paying out the wazoo for subscriptions 'n shit.

I mean, gruddamn, I just looked it up last night and a two-year sub to the prog is like $300 burgerbux or some shit, that's a lot of fucking money, even if it is weekly!

Man, Venus is so fine...

Sorry, saw it on one of the 2000AD FB groups and can't find the thread now. Maybe in their forum.

Yeah, I was surprised to find that, always figured they were a niche and that WWII games weren't that big of a seller. But even if they are a cult series, I imagine being able to sell it straight to consumer means they keep all the sales cash.

How's RT Redux, anyway? Seems like a pretty average shooter, albeit not nearly as janky as Dredd vs Death's nonsensical ammo system and controls that I still haven't quite figured out. Loved the latter game anyway, just wish it wasn't apparently held together with virtual duct-tape.

I've wanted to get into it for a couple years, but like said that shipping is a killer. I guess subscribing it the least I can do for them.

>that spoiler
There, there. I was actually thinking of getting a digital sub for a hundred dollaros, but then the christmas sale showed up and fuuuck that.

It's much, much better than DvD. Gameplay has aged really well apart from some minor quibbles and it has a nice mix of tactics and quick reflexes. Final fight is kinda bullshit but otherwise it's good times. Worth checking out. The redux graphical update is *very* welcome.

But J-A, I thought your thing was pale girls with short black hair and a natural ability to kick your ass, not blue girls with crazy white mohawks (although she appears to have a dead squid on her head in that screenshot instead) and a genetically-engineered ability to kick your ass.

Nice, might end up picking it up at some point then. The new graphics are nice but having never played the original I won't have anything to compare it to and graphics aren't a huge deal for me anyway (lest I wouldn't spend as many hours as I do playing the original Quake).

Variety is the spice of life, m'man. Plus, blue grills are great.

Molcher can be a bit of an annoying dandy (not my words, a guy in the industry's), but I've really found the 2000AD ABC to be utterly fascinating, and its got me into a whole host of strips I never would've known about before it. Indigo Prime especially is a massive favourite, and I'm still trying to hunt a decent Revere download.

Tell me more, I've been a subscriber for ages.

Speaking of blue girls and videogames...

what's the need of an official 2000AD youtube channel?

Oh hi Grant!

>an annoying dandy
I am thoroughly unsurprised. But yeah, he's an energetic dude and the vids have been great. As for Revere, if you can find a link to the 2000AD Extreme editions, the entire thing was reprinted on issue 20.

Pimping. They usually post announcements, their podcast, and a series called "The ABCs of 2000AD" where they talk about series in alphabetical order. A few special features too, like an artist's corner where art droids show off how they draw a panel or page. Good stuff.

Regular updates and retrospectives. Their 40th Anniversary was this year so that got a lot of coverage, there's a podcast where they talk to heavy hitters in British writing and comics, there's the ABC which has been mentioned, which is pretty much ground zero if you're looking to break into something with 2000+ issues.

>I wanna be the buff blue girl...

I guess, even if Dolls- Venus in particular- go more into whyboner territory with less "she could snap you like a twig" than everyone's favorite dames in leather, and more "she is genetically predisposed to snap you like a twig and is in a questionable mental state already because you wanted to split your rations."

Oh nice, I was literally three seconds from reading that comic on your blog. Now I can read it here and close some of these tabs!

>Weapons rating: 100
100 out of what? 100? 255? Q? You can't just give a number like that, darn it.

Oh yeah. This is why I really love this particular story, because it's the only one that at least carried on the idea of Venus as very deranged. By the time she shows up again in Friday's RT, she's your standard macho gung-ho shooty chick. Still entertaining but... boy is creepy unhinged Venus a ton of fun.
Even if she does continue the dubious tradition of literally every woman in classic Rogue Trooper being insane or a traitor.

How does hair that size fit under that helmet?

youtube.com/watch?v=8TySMGu_QFE

Filthy, degenerate Souther genetic engineering.
That's how.

>[...] that great blue engine of a body. To feel its muscles working like oiled machinery and taste the sweat of its exertions.
I'll be in my bunk.

I love how fucking sleazy and creepy that whole narration is, and yet... yet... yeah. I can see it.

>Even if she does continue the dubious tradition of literally every woman in classic Rogue Trooper being insane or a traitor.
>Dredd has had multiple women fucking fawning over him- granted, the majority were kooks, but there was also DeMarco- but he's married to The Law and The Law Alone
>Rogue has at least shown interest in females (plus Helm's unfortunate triangle) but every single one of them is a backstabber of some sort
>Johnny has no goddamn luck with anything in life

>Indigo Prime especially is a massive favourite
as someone who's only read some of the bigger-name stuff in 2000ad other than dredd stuff over the years and only very recently got into the weekly progs (starting a bit after prog 2000 after seeing it storytimed here), i have no idea what the FUCK is going on in most of these series and they make my head hurt
brink i got into just fine, some of the other stuff was good, i'm STILL FUCKING WAITING FOR DEADWORLD TO COME BACK, but holy shit my head hurts

At least Johnny knew the joys of nearly-marital bliss in the retirement homestead love built. Even if it was just for a few months.
I know Rennie enjoyed trolling the fuck out of the fandom with those series of columns,
but man, he has a fucking point there.

It only gets creepy once he starts talking about becoming her, and even then, nothing wrong with some fantasy, right? "I wish to be the blue girl," so sayeth Christopher Troole, founder of Nortchan.

I mean, with art like that so greatly shows off the aforementioned blue engine of a body, it's only fair to have some words with it. I don't remember even liking toned/muscular yet curvy girls before reading stuff like 2000AD. Thank you, British comics!

>i have no idea what the FUCK is going on in most of these series and they make my head hurt

That feeling doesn't go away with Indigo Prime, but I'd say that the latest story isn't a great place to start.

Indigo Prime is a multiversal agency made up of dead people whose genes hold a "Rembrandt Index". Agents are assigned to reality glitches, time distortions and other hotzones of weirdness.

How Smith plays with the multiversal concept is with crossovers. The new strip, for instance, is a sequel to a completely different story, as the title character of Revere turns up as an agent. Like I said, I'm still looking for that story, so even I don't get what's going on with it. Another Indigo Prime story isn't even an Indigo Prime story until the end, when the protag dies and then joins the agency.

If you're just starting out with strips, I'd recommend Torquemada's folder:
mediafire.com/folder/z53r0gq8a949z#z53r0gq8a949z

And for Indigo Prime:
youtube.com/watch?v=PzFCmDyK-68

user, you seem like the guy to ask, do you have a link for John Smith's Revere?

I'm not Judge user, but this should do you - three stories and a Meg article.
mediafire.com/folder/qqs3zd1s6hqjd/Revere

>it's cold outside
>I woke up too early to get a full night of sleep and couldn't get back to sleep, but made some good coffee
>I've got a blanket on and a bunch of comics to read on screen, with a 2000ad thread open in the other window
It's probably illegal to be this comfy.

Not in hand, but--
Thanks for the save!

Yeah, Simpson's painted art is really good. He'd later go on to draw Dave Gibbons reboot of Rogue Trooper, "War Machine", which is absolutely sublime and well worth checking out. Even if it doesn't have any Venus in it.

As someone who's read every issue of 2000ad i can tell you Indigo Prime still doesn't make much sense

>"War Machine"
I think that one was also storytimed here a while back, and was one of the things that helped show me there's a whole bunch of other cool shit in 2000ad's history other than the tales of MC1.

Have the filthy Southers flirted with ideas like flexible hair?

Most hair is flexible. Do you mean prehensile hair?

That's clearly a wig anyway. Orange hair, that's just silly!

You're welcome

Thank you retroactively.

What are some decent 2000AD stories that have been collected and aren't Dredd or Dredd spin-off titles? Wouldn't mind adding to my shelf some.

Didn't DeMarco end up falling for friggin' Jack Point? How far do you fall to go from making googly-eyes to the #1 street judge MC1 has ever seen to the guy in a clown nose who's most concerned with what color underwear the Chief Judge wears?

Big stuff or smaller stuff? Big stuff being Dredd, Rogue Trooper, Johnny Alpha, Slaine, basically the bread'n'butter that've made the prog most famous.

Nemesis the Warlock.
Nikolia Dante
Leviathan
Halo Jones

Is it supposed to be white or orange? Help us, Judge user, I don't know enough to know which one is canon.

>2000AD waifu tiers are directly correlated with a scale of "how easily and badly can they beat you up"
>the higher on the chart they go, the less art there is

Aren't they mostly just rehashes of the previous game? IIRC every single one of 'em has a separate 'Kill Hitler' DLC.

>mfw The complete case files aren't on sale

Go digital, it's drm free, you don't have to use an app and it's half the price I think.

Rogue Trooper is secret gay propaganda of the Epaminondas/Theban Band bent.

The current run was Kek-W trying his best imitation of John Smith but it's not like the older stuff was more comprehensible.

On which note Slaine is so fucking boring right now and Mills is literally picking up a cheque for writing a fat slab of nothing week on week.

Jack Point transitioned more and more into hardboiled badass as his strip went on.

Only trve kvlt mvrderheads correctly waifu Tyranny Rex and pre-timeskip Durham Red though.

still our guy though

Uhh, well yeah, Rebellion is a video game company that bought 2000AD because the owners were fans. They can monetize the properties through video games and perhaps now through tv shows, the magazines and reprints are ok if they don't lose money, Rebellion never depended on them

They have a game on the switch too. You know if it's any good?

I don't think it's workin'. Shame she isn't as toned as the previously posted comic with her ingame model apparently, I shouldn't have to turn to gruddamn Skyrim mods for this type of thing.

The patrician choice, however, is Crest.

How about a quick 2000ad storytime?
I'll start with some Rogue Trooper action.

Though Nikolai Dante more than makes up for the other protagonists lady troubles.

Another mainstay of the Galaxy's greatest comics, Slaine

And this is Sinister/Dexter, Download's foremost masters of the whacks lyrical

>900 miles per second
Uhhhh.

Probably 2000ad's best know strip after Dredd, Strontium Dog tells the story of Jonny Alpha, mutant bounty hunter. They say he'll track a man through hell itself for the right price, or in this case into history...

Did they edit out the 'NY' from Alpha's badge? The John part is spaced kind of odd.

It's most likely just a mistake

>born, phonetically Adolf Shekel-grubber