If the majority of people working in animation want to see more racially diverse protagonists and things like strong...

If the majority of people working in animation want to see more racially diverse protagonists and things like strong female leads... Why don't they make them?

Other urls found in this thread:

sys.Sup
twitter.com/AnonBabble

its funny how op always includes their own tweet reply like it's supposed to be impressive

>If the majority of people working in animation want to see more racially diverse protagonists and things like strong female leads... Why don't they make them?

Go ahead and try to make decisions over the producer, director, script-writer and editor. See how long you remain in the company.

Hirsch is the piece of shit and there is a point to his argument but it's funny to see a dude with a shadman inspired art style complain about this.

Wow another jew (((Alex Hirsh))) complaining about white people and wanting more diversity...

>over the producer, director, script-writer and editor
Do those people suddenly not live in liberal Hollywood where they want more "diversity", too? Also, the creator absolutely has power to color their character something other than white when they're first pitching the show. I can think of some instances where shows have changed white characters to black or boy characters to girls, but can't think of any where they changed a black lead to white before the pilot was made.

>complains about roundface and beanmouth style
>uses roundface and beanmouth style

The guy responding never criticized the art or specifically bean mouth, just the lack of variety.

>complains about lack of variety
>attempts to be a professional artist but offers no variety

If he is upset about the lack of variety in cartoons he should go beyond the mold with his own art to start with and then bitch about others.

>le liberal hollywood meme
hollywood's only agenda is to make money
when hollywood piggybacks off a social movement it's because it's popular and profitable
and for the most part they just piggyback off the status quo which is why half the mcu are white guys named chris

>Hirsh complains about that
>And yet, his main characters were generic white leads too
>MFW he says something that stupid
Man, that's throwing stones in a glass house right there.

>Why don't they make them?
To answer your question, here's the main reason. They have no idea how to make interesting characters with dynamic personalities and either make the character into the most boring, milquetoast person with no conflicts and flaws. Or, they become the "Woke", Social Justice active, character that's more stereotype than character too.

Because people like to see their self-insert character take the lead. White male protags won't change until the industry gets overrun with black female midget cripples.

Because you've still got to sell it to a network whose executives are usually thirty years behind the times in their thinking processes.

This art represents Sup Forums artists.

How does that make you feel?

I doubt that's OPs but kudos if it was because the manlet got BTFO

Sup Forums can draw? Most of the time I see the Batman threads, it's filled with shit-tier artists too scared to post on /ic/.

>This art represents Sup Forums artists.
No it doesn't.

Twitter threads are cancer.
sys.Sup Forums.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=97193607

It's against the rules to say you've reported a thread.

>jew
Every time.

>Sup Forums
>making anything

People entering the animation world are actual fucking cunts. I wish the industry would ban whiny sjws on site.

>t. Hirsch

If you make a generic character, then you have some motivation to make it interesting in some way.

If you make a character a one-legged black lesbian, you probably think that your character is already interesting and you don't need to put any more work into it.

Hey mom can you buy me that game. The one with a black woman with an afro haircut. You know the one I mean.

Oh noes, a market segment that is made up of 90%+ white males has a white male protagonist!

Wake me when, say, romance novel covers don't look the exact same way. Trying to recall the last time I saw a skinny soyboy trying to rip a bodice.

Star vs. has both so why are you making a thread with an image that references them?

Gravity Falls had mostly white characters.
The latino was fat, stupid and ugly and a secondary character. The asian was a tertiary character, a weirdo and a stereotype.
Can someone ask Mr Hirsch why is he such a racist?

"No I don't son, since none of those games have black women as the main playable characters. Don't talk stupid shit, boy."

Why not play games where you can make your character anyway you want.

Those 4 guys look different. Don't blame other people because you're too fucking retarded and racist to differentiate people because of their skin color.

I'll never understand how people can make stupid joke characters and play a game with them. I tried it once and restarted the game 5 minutes in. I spend an autistic amount of time in character creators, tweaking and retweaking to get it just right. The character must also fit the world of the game.
Seeing people use random slider characters bothers me on an unreasonable level.

For something like Saints Row a goofy character fits.

What I’ll never get is why they include some that really shouldn’t count

Adam Jensen’s design isn’t what I think anyone would call generic, he counts only from a represational stand point.

And frank west only counts with their checklist through finding one of the few instances especially in the fucking nu-dead rising with him slightly frowning and not having a dumb grin on his face.

I get that they’re attacking lack of representation through design but they really chose some bad picks

Hmm... if only there was some non-white country that made videogames

Even assuming it is OP, which there's no proof of, he's not WRONG, is he?

The main characters were implied to be Jewish. Probably isn't advantageous for Hirsch's argument for them to have been generic middle-class suburbanites though.

Hirsch speaks for noone, let alone "the majority".

The people who want to see racially diverse shows don't watch shows and don't pay for them.
No matter how you turn it in a minority is still a minority so putting them in a medium only drags minors benefits.
Not sure why the USA don't like girls MCs, though that's a local tradition of yours, Europe or Japan doesn't have that problem.

The sort of cunt who would say something like this is also the sort of cunt who would cry about "cultural appropriation" if a white man did use a different race protagonist.

There is no point trying to appease cunts. They're cunts. They will still whinge. Do what you fucking want and never consider them for a second.

>Hollywood
>Liberal
hahahahahaha
Your tribal titles are amusing before the almighty doller.

And Wildlands has character customization so it's even more of a non-issue

Can you list those with sources? Chances are, no one is going to be proud of a character who is originally supposed to be black turning white to appeal to a larger audience, but a character going white to black is more daring.

I smell hypocrisy.

Because the truth of the industry that no one wants to admit is that nonwhite protagonists don't sell. Games, movies, and shows with female and/or nonwhite protagonists have always historically done worse than ones with white male leads.

>Do those people suddenly not live in liberal Hollywood where they want more "diversity", too?

They live in Hollywood which cares about money first and foremost. Therefore cartoon shows are aimed at kids and with merchandise in mind. Kids don't like Tumblr trannies.

Uhhh...

Hollywood has proven time and again that they are willing to take a pay cut in order to push an agenda. Fin is the lowest selling star wars toy of all time out of all main character action figures. The female Ghostbuster toys sold like shit too and it's not like it took Sony by surprise that kids don't want to play with Melissa McCarthy and Leslie Jones looking action figures.

He’s basically complaining that there’s any generic white male protags at all. The biggest games of the year all had different styles of protagonist. Nier Automata a white haired chick, Assassin’s Creed Origins; an Egyptian dude, Prey; an asian man or woman, Nioh; a blond Irishman samurai, Cuphead; a dude with a fucking cup for a head, Mario Odyssey; a cartoon plumber, so on and so forth

Fuck Alex Hirsch, none of those games even did well. What a whiny bitch

>That Witch Hazel

Change her back, CHANGE HER BACK!

Why? This one looks much better.

The tweet was from last year.

He still only picked four guys lol

Isn't one of them from Ghost Recon Wildlands? you can build your own character in that game anyway.

People who are racist against whites should be taken outside and shot in the back of the head, like with all racists. No fuss, no problem.

>on sight

The moment he began with his identity politics bullshit, I realized he was a massive faggot. Too bad modern artists can't keep their personal shit apart from their professional lives.

What the fuck? Why? Finn is great and I'm not even black

Could be because he's a cowardly joke for half the movie. I hated Finn and I am black.

I never got why people think just because ancestors were racist that mean its fine to act racist towards anyone white looking.

Its the whole 'Every black man is a scared creature who needs help from everyone being racist to them and every white men are horrible evil racist monster'

Did even Lando sell better than him?
I swear to god captcha just fucking work

Jeez, What kind of black characters do you like?

Encouraging others to do so isn't saying that you did, to be fair.

How exactly did he get BTFO?
You’d have to be a retard to fall for that meme.

Considering the guy replying to Hirsch didn’t even use actual screen shots, I’d say it’s pretty wrong.

Because it's easier to butch previous stabilised characters to promote your agenda than create something original. You need to think to create something new and fun and feminists and their ilk are not know for this feature.

Hey Mom, can you buy me that game? The one with the only funny and well written black character to ever exist in video games? You know what I mean.

>Hating on Marina.

You ever thought that Sup Forums is the one who can’t separate the writer from their personal life?

That's not fair. North Americans can't wrap their heads around the idea that blacks exist outside of the US coasts and the southern states. Even Canadians can hardly believe that there are black Canadians. The idea of a black Scotsman already blows their minds so hard that they hardly notice Demoman's character. Asking American writers in general to even approach that level of competency is too much.

>Olivia
>black
And I thought TFags were benign retards.

They do, then spergs on Sup Forums won't read their comics / watch their works because "pandering".

So you're saying there isn't really a market for it?

An alarming number of people who make comics, or webcomics, or videos on games, think that being qualified to do any of those things means they're also qualified to discuss politics. Which wouldn't be a problem - go outside your perceived comfort zone and refuse to be pigeonholed - but their understanding of politics comes from friends parroting each other, or watered-down television comedy that wants to have its cake and eat it, or an eight-grader that thinks communism should have another chance and doesn't know the basics of finance and business beyond the definition of the words.

Pandering overpowers the taste of dark meat. But at this point I guess it's inescapable. Artists express themselves through their art, and I guess virtually every single artist alive nowadays needs to let you know that they took an Intro to Sociology course at one point in their lives, so Sup Forums should learn to accept it.

Yes

Disney has money to burn and Sony is incompetent.

Those Japanese look mighty white to me.

Sup Forums should learn not to go full superheroes every time there’s a ethnic character or gay character in the spotlight but I guess that’s not too much to ask.

>An alarming number of people who make comics, or webcomics, or videos on games, think that being qualified to do any of those things means they're also qualified to discuss politics.

And suddenly now this is a problem? Either your stupid, naive or underage if you think this.

>And suddenly now this is a problem?

Just pointing out something that's been trending for about a decade now, but especially prevalent over the past half-decade, and relevant to the OP. Don't get mad.

But here’s the thing; so long as their not putting these ideas in their works, I don’t really see a problem of them holding these opinions.

I follow Alex Hirsch for GF, not what he thinks of Trump. I recognize Watsuki as a terrible person but I can still enjoy Rurouni Kenshin nonetheless.

Sup Forums seems to get too caught up in what creators say rather than what they put out.

Both of this guys are idiots.
First off those guys who alex tweeted look nothing alike except the fact that they are handsome so maybe alex is compensating for something.
Second,head shapes dont equal same style. Youre a retard if you think star looks like she belongs in SU or that dipper would fit in gumball.

>relevant to the OP
OP just wants to shitpost, not actually have a meaningful discussion.

>I wish the industry would ban whiny sjws

>Implying you'd be able to hold a job there by putting "I HATE NIGGERS" on your resume.

I like Finn, but he's fairly undercooked and gets sidelined pretty hard by the end of TFA. Boyega gives it socks, but he probably IS the least important of the actually important characters. It's no surprise then that he gets treated as such.

I kind of imagine a lack of interesting character design plays a part as well. Finn's just a dude in a jacket. No lightsaber, no cool armor, not an alien. etc. I'm not a toy guy, but I'm willing to bet stuff like Vader and the Stormtroopers still absolutely crush everything else in sales just because they look fucking awesome.

Entertainment media is a platform for messaging so it's natural.

Also your image says what most people read when someone posts "I'm so sick of politics in _____": "I'm so sick of liberal politics in _____".

>can't handle truth
>OMG YOU ARE A KID SILENCE HIM HE WANTED TO USE TOXIC THINKING
No, you fuck off, fanatic.

Technically, Dipper would fit in with Gumball, but that’s because Gumball uses all types media and styles for it’s show.

Counterpoint: As people who consider themselves to be "globalists", maybe they're just following the German tradition of artistry. German artists have to dip into politics about everything because the whole country is unofficially conscripted into policing itself, out of fear for making another Nazi regime. So Germany's artists take the mantra of "everything is politics, and politics is everything" to its limit, and produce the shittiest takes on virtually everything, because they're pretty ignorant about everything outside of their art. Seems like artists in the US have stumbled into the same thing.

C'mon, user, you know this is the setup to that stupid "all good writers were woke" spiel that pops up. Do you really want to spark up intellectually dishonest comparisons between Jack Kirby and Max Bemis, Ursula Kroeber Le Guin and Gabby Rivera, or Don DeLillo and Max Landis?

What part of that was remotely fanatic?

>half-decade
Do you remember the Bush years?

>silence him
Aren't you trying to "silence" him by your own definition? Aren't you encouraging hugbox culture by silencing opposition?

>Also your image says what most people read when someone posts "I'm so sick of politics in _____": "I'm so sick of liberal politics in _____".
>"triggered" and attack helicopter jokes

>Do you remember the Bush years?

Yeah, and I'm not looking forward to another 8 years of low-hanging fruit in TV and comics. But looking at the internet commentary from 2000-08 and 2012-7 is like night and day in terms of 'woke' commentary or Sup Forums commentary or people projecting to distract from the skeletons in their closets.

There are no conservative politics in video games, silly. "Conservatives aren't creative", and so on. Besides, most of those complaints are about execution.

I don't think anyone remembers the Bush years. If they did, then the people who called him a fascist back in the day wouldn't be sucking his dick every time he paints a portrait today.

Alex Hisrch is a faggot, Christ.

We’re all bigger faggots for posting in a twitter thread.

The reason why I hate the so-called "anti war" movement in America. Thankfully it didn't manifest to the scope of the malignant tumor that is the 60s.

A more accurate statement would be
Hey mom can you buy me that game? The one with the generic stronk redhead waifubait? You know the one I mean.

>be me
>born in 97
>man, i sure wish america would stay out of a war for at least a couple years in my lifetime
>go to doctor
>i have cancer
>doc tells me it's called the
so-called "anti war" movement malignant tumor that is the 60s
>oh shit
>am dead
>rip