All Hail King Julien

The final season just premiered today.
How did you feel about that six season run?

Other urls found in this thread:

collider.com/all-hail-king-julien-season-5-mitch-watson-interview/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's actually over? How did it end? Did he fuck Clover?

Clover and Sage get married and she leaves with him to become queen of the mountain lemurs.

I haven't watched season six besides the premiere, but I've enjoyed it more than I thought.

It's kind of a weird season.
Like the showrunner always wanted to do something like Exiled and now that he got it done, they aren't entirely sure what to follow it with.

it ended EXACTLY as it shoud!

Glorious!

Hey, they could've done another arc. But maybe they also felt exhausted after doing Exiled or something, I dunno.

I do know that the show as originally pitched was supposed to be something closer to Exiled, but Netflix said no. Keep in mind that binging wasn't that popular at the time, and AHKJ is actually one of the earliest Netflix originals to exist.

Yeah, I guess.
There's also that prequel clean up melancholy that comes with the show starting to clean up the loose ends.

collider.com/all-hail-king-julien-season-5-mitch-watson-interview/

>What’s next for you?

>Watson: There is a project, but I can’t tell you what it is or what network it’s going to be on. We’ve been working on it for almost a year. There are a lot of the same writers working on it, and there are also a lot of new writers working on it. All new storyboard artists, some of the same CG people, all new directors. I’m not getting to work with my buddy Bret Haaland, who I desperately wanted to work with, because they pulled him away to work on something else. I’m very happy with the way it’s coming out. It’s a different type of show from Julien; it’s not quite as crazy or wacky. It’s been a good experience. It’s a serialized show with a much bigger scope, still a comedy. If you like Season 5 of Julien, you’ll like this show.

I suppose this is the upcoming Kung Fu Panda show.

Bump

I do like how they get rid of Mort's wife after a season of her just being there.

Is this the Jungle Movie of All Hail King Julien?

The show is very bright compared to the movie, isn't it?

No, because no one had to wait for a decade.

>6 seasons
Is the show that good? Where does it air to warrant the ratings to keep it going despite subpar source material

It's pretty good and I didn't really like the Madagascar movies.

The show is technically only three production seasons long, but they split them in half to six, so they don't air a season a year. Dreamworks and Netflix worked out a deal where the former has to make a specific amount of episodes per show for the latter. The episode order for AHKJ is 78, just like Voltron, Puss in Boots, and other Dreamworks Netflix shows.

Like the Croods

Being just Eep telling Guy stories about their time with other tribes.

Nah that's an Amazon venture in 2D animation.

Oh is it too much to hope for a Megamind series?

Alex looks a lot better in the show render.

Its got its own style, has done some great episodes lampooning pop culture.

He mentioned the Kung Fu Panda thing on a podcast a few weeks ago.

Fuck me, 2D KFP or Megamind would be great, though.

how is that Puss in Boots show?

It's a bit more actiony and story driven than Julien, but that works to its advantage and it really grows into the batch format after a somewhat rocky start.
Its final season is also due one of these days, which comes with the same prequel weight hanging over its head that like Julien has to say goodbye to his best friend, so will Puss have to say goodbye to his true love.

It airs in Germany and gets some fairly nice ratings. Dreamworks shows in general generate some fairly nice money in Germany throught merch and ratings.

>We had to rewrite an episode because the political parody was leaning a little too hard to one side
Huh, I wonder which one that was.

I was pretty cold on it when it started, but it started shaping up nicely in later seasons. The choose-your-own-adventure episode was kinda cheap, though. You can use the menu to make an alternate choice if you regret it, and it doesn't even work on laptops, where you'd think would be the priority.

Yeah, a little weird, but it was an experiment to begin with.
I imagine their analytics said that it working on phones and game consoles would be suitable enough.

>a Glass Menagerie reference

Didn't expect that, but I think they mixed up that reference between Tom and his sister.

Wait, it was still on?

It comes out with new seasons every six months or so. It lasted three years total.