NEW MUTANTS: DEAD SOULS

When supernatural threats loom over the Marvel Universe, a new team of mutants emerges to stand on the front lines.

Beginning in March, writer Matt Rosenberg and artist Adam Gorham unite for NEW MUTANTS: DEAD SOULS, a six-issue limited series that has friends old and new coming together to contend with the paranormal.

“To me, the New Mutants exemplify everything I love about [super hero teams],” shares Rosenberg. “They are true underdogs, doubted and dismissed, but always ready to prove themselves. They’re the weirdos, the outcasts, the leftovers, and the misfits, but they are there for the people who need them.”

Each installment of NEW MUTANTS: DEAD SOULS features a standalone story with the offbeat group butting up against things that go bump in the night. Karma summons New Mutants alums Magik, Wolfsbane, Rictor, and Boom Boom along with X-Factor veteran Strong Guy–but does the mind-controlling mutant have more in mind than simply protecting the innocent from the forces of darkness?

“They’re constantly in way over their heads, but always rise above,” says Rosenberg of the team. “Our series takes all of that, collects some of the best New Mutants alongside oddballs better known for their time with X-Factor and X-Force, and throws them into a mission they aren’t at all ready for. We pack it full of nods to the history of the team and hints about their future, an enough creepy moments, epic battles, offbeat humor, and dysfunctional family dynamics to make a book worth of the title ‘New Mutants.'”

Starting in March, meet up with some old pals for a dive into darkness with NEW MUTANTS: DEAD SOULS from Matt Rosenberg and Adam Gorham!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I34uOs0aaZI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Rosenberg
The "fuck the X-Men" guy? Why should I trust him on this?

>New Mutants vs Ghosts

Just in time for the movie, SYNERGY PREVAILS!

>The "fuck the X-Men" guy
If you read any of his interview X-men are his favorite characters.

SYNERGY
Y
N
E
R
G
Y

He seems to be the go to guy for Marvel to throw miniseries at, like how Robinson keeps doing random fill-in shit at DC.
One day Rosenberg might have a series that lasts longer than a year.

He seems to be a huge magikfag, and he managed to fit her into his Secret Warriors book.

>Magik in New Mutants outfit.
YES

It's SYNERGY but with different team

>Magik is not in her slut outfit
Based Rosenberg

His Punisher has a good chance to be more than miniseries

>"fuck the X-Men" guy
>the guy who's so much of an X-Fag he can barely write an Inhumans' book without a character related to the X-Men in every issue
Sure thing.

Obviously. Only a true X-men fan would say "fuck the X-men." I would never want someone that "liked" the X-men to write the X-men.

I like this entire team but Magik

Are strong guy and magik the only ones without souls there?

didnt strong guy killed Rahne son ?

Didn't your dad rape your mom?

Not every writer is self-inserting. What exactly wrong with inhuman saying that?

you have to be 18+ to post on this board.

Honestly, I think if they never mention Rahne getting dog pregnant again, I'd be happy.

but they both returned their soul back

I'm glad that it's not just the core 9 members and that they're digging into X-Factor and X-Force

I need Cypher and Catseye.

And Madrox.

So happy that Matthew Rosenverg iswriting New Mutants rather than Al Ewing

>obvious movie cash in
>only 2 movie characters

Poor Dani

I love Boom Boom being there

>literally using characters from his Secret Warriors
Based Rosenberg

x-bump

Has Madrox shown up since x-factor ended?

They killed him IvX and he said "btw I'm the real Jamie" but he didn't have his M tattoo so that can be ignored.

The writer of this series hinted that something is coming up for Dani.

Rosenberg?

>Karma
Yay

>rest of the characters
Meh

>Rosenberg
I know literally nothing about anything he's written.

This is why you follow writers, not title names

>not trusting rosenberg
don't make me do it..

The story will go in this direction,d the characters were not picked randomly, and solicitations already mention Frost Giants (an asgardian creature)

Illyana is a Hell Lord
Dani which may make an appearance, is a Valkyrie
Rahne was pregant from Himrahi, son of the Fenrir worlf, and had a demigod son called Tier
Rictor also fucked Rahne even though he is into dudes
Boom Boom met Himrahi in the 80s when she went to Asgard
Strong Guy killed Tier, the son of Rahne and Himrahi, and replaced Mephisto as hell lord

I am pretty sure Strong Guy doesn't have a soul, and Magik may not have a soul (not sure about that one)

>Magik may not have a soul (not sure about that one)
They got her her soul back, but until Bendis changed her characterization on a whim, she was still broken mentally.

his Marvel work has been mostly alright.
Secret Warriors started weak and got better, Punisher had a really good first issue.

his indie stuff is great though. 4 Kids Walk into a Bank, and We Can Never Go Home Again

Boom Boom is a cute

its a 6 issue mini

wait a heck, I thought secret warriors was inhuman filth?

This artist is good, but he is even better at designs or redesigns, than simply at just drawing.
This is the best Strong Guy has ever looked, and Dark Beast and Sinister are looking pretty pimping in Secret Warriors.

right now it has both Sinister, Dark Beast, and also Magik.
It looks like the guy wants to write an xmen book but he was told to write an inhumans book

I will give it achance and just a chance becuase of Strong Guy.

>Guido got his soul back
How?

>Catseye
My nigga

/ll/?

What?

Rahne, Emma and Fantomex seem to be in the top 10 of xmen characters that trigger people.

Rahne gets the
-reeeeeeee I hate religion, I hate having a god botherer in my gay jew black minority analogy comic
Emma gets
-reeeeeeee she was a villain, she killed firestars pony, she broke up Jean's marriage
Fantomex gets
-reeeeeeeeee he killed a kid, why are you using him instead of Gambit?, muh betsy

He also killed Darkstar, but no one seems to care.

well, she is alive again.
did he really kill her? It's been years since I read it but I think I remember maddrox and banshee in a tunnel getting attacked by a weapon x/weapon plus monster, I thought that thing killed her.

morrison also killed a mutant who was warpaths girlfriend in his annual, a hispanic chick who could compress stuff

What's Fantomex supposed to be?

Rahne would also get some hate from being furrybait. And Emma's just unpleasant sometimes.

Morrison also wanted to kill Rogue

I know Sunspot and Cannonball are in Avengers so they won't show up but why isn't Dani there?

Please leave Rahne alone, she suffered enough for two or three lifetimes and was only now starting to find peace in her religion again.

More specifically, he wanted to replace her with something closer to the movie/Evolution version of Rogue, a quiet insecure girl as opposed to a massive flirt with a big chest.

emma and fantomex should hook up just for sharing same color pattern, ability to trigger people, and being assholes

ive seen people in boards say they won't pick up a book if it features rahne.
Rosenberg confirmed in twitter that he will treat in this book the issue of Guido killing Rahne's son.
Rahne's son would be a good legacy character if they ever decide to kill her. it goes back to the claremont run.

When you put it that way, it doesn't sound that bad.

>-reeeeeeee I hate religion, I hate having a god botherer in my gay jew black minority analogy comic
Nobody actually hates her for this.

I will fight you

I just don't like Rogue because of her powers and personality. The only version I actually liked was the Evolution version.

>“They are true underdogs, doubted and dismissed, but always ready to prove themselves. They’re the weirdos, the outcasts, the leftovers, and the misfits, but they are there for the people who need them.”
They are The Doom Patrol?

well yeah, if you are a marvel guy, because they keep playing musical chairs. DC writers stay on their books usually

I think user means Lesbian Loli?

What the fuck? No, that's just the only pic I have found of Catseye so far.

Not you, user, /ll/ user.

>shitty New Mutants movie synergy book
Who could have foreseen

Care to share more with us user?
The book isn't even out yet.

It's a current X-Men title as well as, again, a movie synergy title.

It is going to be worthless.

Not a whole lot of stuff for her.

Was she a cat who could transform into human or a human who could transform into a cat?

Yes.

Even her name is sexy.

>Rictor also fucked Rahne even though he is into dudes
Rictor's bi. Now I know in comics that's usually just a cheap way to make a straight character gay but still, bisexual.

I hate Rahne because I think she's an overall shitty character who's not particularly interesting to read about.

I hate Fantomex because he's just an annoying faggot who everyone pushes as Gambit on steroids in terms of attitude except unlike what Morrison I believe intended they think you're still supposed to find him cool.

Emma's great though.

youtube.com/watch?v=I34uOs0aaZI

Emma is a murderous, cheating cunt.

t. Jean Grey

at least Rahne's still around

Prove it

I hate her because of Kyle/Yost. The whole pregnancy thing was pure cringe.

Good point. When's the last time anyone used Skids.

I thought that was a Peter David thing?

Reminder when she LIED

That was something

How long its been

No flatscan allowed

Kyle and Yost had her meet her Asgardian Wolf Prince ex boyfriend in X-Force and they spent like a weekend yiffing it up, she got pregnant in that book, but being pregnant with a demigod wolfcub was nearly killing her and she got a temporary power up from Elixir who made her as tough as her kid. And then she left the team afterwards to rejoin X-Factor

It was PAD who had her throw up the baby at birth and try to kill the kid almost immediately. He also added the whole "7 billionth soul and born to usher in a war between Hell Lords" crap. Which was weird since the kid was already half mutant half Asgardian

Is that Rictor on the cover and how did he get his powers back?

Wanda gave Rictor his powers back in Children's Crusade when she got her memories back.

He was the only mutant she managed to repower before she lost the Life Force that let her cast "No More Mutants" in the first place. Apparently she can't undo her own spell without that powerup

>nods to the history of the team
>karma

maybe Spiral and Viper will show up since she had to deal with them in the 3 part beast miniseries

Maybe Karma absorbing her brother will finally get dealt with.

thx user

that beast miniseries was stressful. beast doesn't have any energy projection and he always has to think of other ways to solve problems.

interesting thing: apparently beast has concussive force powers in mojoworld. either that or the artist was being over the top

>the manhattan underground

no contact with the morlocks?

She had a cameo in X-Men: Blue. The team released her and a bunch of mutants like Random from a prison Emma put them. Don't know if someone ever plans to actually use her again

So is this going to be good?

I think so

the story and characters aren't random. he probably pitched the mini and they approved it now because of the new mutants movie

magik is a hell lord, strong guy was a hell lord, rahne had a baby from as asgardian god who was going to kill all the hell lords, the only kinda random one is boom boom

Skids is someone I really wish would get used more.

>No Dani
>No Canonball

>Fagctor
>Jubilee-lite

No thanks.

so you're glad it's not actually the New Mutants, just Magik and some random X-characters?