Shows you found too late

Shows you found too late.

This would've been awesome as a kid, unfortunately I only found out about it later.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LbUe_Jiyk7Q&list=PLkbwM4QkRdnN-80LMotQCb6vSnnIEFp7r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>redwall
Wasn’t this a book?

I liked it. Shame it never went on to the other books, like Rakkety-Tam or Eulalia!

a bunch of books, all in the same world but not in the same time or place

My bf loves this shit, spam until he wakes up, pls

is it good or just cheesy

i could go for a redwall cartoon after playing A Ghost of a Tale

there was a redwall movie?

Not really, no

Oh shit, I used to watch this at weekends. I think the books probably aged alot better, but it was still great at the time.

>my bf

Wait, Ghost of a Tale is out?

early access

fag

youtube.com/watch?v=LbUe_Jiyk7Q&list=PLkbwM4QkRdnN-80LMotQCb6vSnnIEFp7r

Get hyped for some goddamn animals with swords, Sup Forums.
>tfw none of the other books are gonna get any media even though they'd make a fantastic movie/tv series

I saw this when I was very young and for a long time I thought it was a dream I had. Then I found it again and it was magical.

You are now remembering the food descriptions.

You ever wonder where they got their dairy from?

This show was to scary on pbs, I remember watching the episode where they were running in the tunnels and the snake killed one of the girl mice, than the boy mouse went back to avenge her and chopped the snakes head off, gave me night mares.

I didn't have cable during MTV animation. I knew about Beavis and Butthead and Daria but completely missed Downtown and the Maxx.

My first time was on YouTube.

Coes and/or goats, dumbass

You should check out Sup Forums version
Kekkai Sensen
Blood Blockade Battlefront

thanks user, I think I actually will

I'd always ignored this show because it aired on an educational channel. The only other animated shows that aired there were for pre-school children, so I assumed it was also the case with this one.

>tfw Cyber 6 gave me my androgynous women fetish

patrician fetish for a patrician show tbqh

>generic weeb shit #37152482

They don't have cows or goats.

Season 1 is episodic, but has best girl. Season two is not episodic and generally extremely closer to ugly americans.

Nut milk, most likely.

i found Sup Forums too late
i came in just after flapjack and missed all the rule 63 art of him
and the discussion

Well sorta. Some books directly connect with each other.

mouseguard is getting a movie I believe.

I AM THAT IS.

Fuck yeah. Every Saturday morning I'd fire up the vcr and record channel 16 WUSF...grainy and snowy as shit but this was muh fuckin show. Weird how in my area WUSF didn't air Martin The Warrior, instead airing Mattimeo twice, then no more Redwall anything after Jan 2001.

>MFW I realized she's a clone of the old Nazi dude, but that only make it better

I love Egyptian stuff and that cat mummy is hot in a generic kind of way. I really needed this 12 years ago

Yeah I really loved Redwall as a kid but for some reason never finished the books. I just got distracted or something. It's an underrated series though.

Mouse Guard is stalling in development (not even in pre-production). I want to see it made more than anything, but it’s obvious there’s some trouble behind the scenes at the moment. Which is understandable; trying to make a quality animated film is always a risk.

>bf

Honestly I can't see Mouse Guard succeeding as a movie while staying true to the tone of the source material.

my bad, shoulda said "but not ALL in the same time or place"

Are there humans in the world of Redwall?

A big unconnected series, like Discworld

The first few were connected

I remember listening to the creator talk about it on a podcast. From what I heard it was a lot of scheduling problems.

MY SWORD WILL WIELD FOR ME

she was serious waifu material

Never watched the series but the books were fucking godly as a kid

same. wish they kept adapting books
i skipped those every time.

Why did an abbey have an armed militia? Shouldn't an abbey be all cloistered pacifist monks?

I would love to see Larry MacDougall do some new Redwall stuff. I've seen two pics form a project that never happened. And he has gotten better since those pictures.

I don't think all PBS stations carried it, I should have seen it, it would have been the right time, but I don't think mine had it. Yeah, Zoboomafoo was just such a superior show. Great choice you fucks.

I'd still love a CG redwall movie.

And here is a newer pic for comparison.

Personally, I feel like the *show* was made too late rather than finding it too late. I read the first five books of Redwall multiple times into my teen years and when this show came to PBS during college I...just felt like it was kind of a wash? The animation wasn't great for me and I felt like the fighting was toned down too much.

And Tim Curry or No Tim Curry, I felt it was criminal to adapt Martin the Warrior over Mossflower.

>strong black and white morality
>some races are inherently bad natured or evil
>strong themes of honor and compassion, but of steeling thy sword when necessary
>doesn't dumb down the drama despite being for kids

redpilled as fuck

Holy shit the badgers were all such badasses.

>"Come closer, sea rats. Let my blade kiss you to sleep. Ah, Ripfang my old enemy, got you! Now I embrace you as a friend. See."

>They watched as Boar went down under a mob of sea rats who were howling and screaming. The badger wielded his sword with a single paw. The other mighty paw held Ripfang close to his studded metal armor, crushing him to death

Trust me the animation is good

Man, I did love this show. It got me into reading the books and they were all so good. Would have loved to seen more set in universe.

I'm not holding out hopes for a movie at this point though.

>loved the books as a kid
>see this thread
>find myself now wondering if there's any good fanfiction

If this is one rabbit hole I should not go down, I need someone to tell me

Loved the books. Never knew there was an animation

Gary Whitta and David Petersen seemed to have a pretty good connection, so I don’t think a lack of staying true to the source would be a problem.

Yeah, makes sense.

>This would've been awesome as a kid
It was

>Wasn't this a book?
It is alot of books. It's also a couple of seasons worth of cartoon.

It's funny, when I got older and started reading A Song of Ice and Fire, I saw people complain about the food descriptions in those books. Redwall's were so long and numerous, I didn't even notice that GRRM's were prevalent enough to be considered excessive by most people.

They struggle with this in the first book. Eventually they all have to nut up.

Bumping this, I'm also curious. Loved the books as a kid, met Jacques once. Cool guy, funny.

Literally all the Spielberg animation I've only gotten into over the last two years. I've seriously fucking enjoyed
>animaniacs
>tiny toons
>an american tail
Next I'll probably watch freakazoid. I hope he comes back to do another cartoon soon. I heard there might be a reboot of animaniacs next year.

Check out all of Mouseguard

Ah yeah back when children's cartoons could be edgy and cute at the same time.

I'm not concerned about the filmmaker's intentions so much as how general audiences will respond to what Mouse Guard is offering. Remember Guardians of Ga'Hoole?

>Holy shit the badgers were all such badasses.
I'm rereading Lord Brocktree right now, and holy hell are badgers metal as fuck.

Got into it just before the revival, good show Shame Genndy didn't stick the landing.

I remember watching this as a kid on teletoon ended up ordering some of the books because of it don't remember much other than really liking it

also the third season(?) was dark as fuck the one where the fox pillages kidnaps and forces children into slavery I'm going to google what happened again but the foxes death was brutal

also I'm pretty sure you see the snakes head get chopped off in full details

I gotta rewatch/read this