Is Smallville still the best DC hero-based series?

It's weird as before so many people praised Arrow, Flash and Supergirl, as if they had created series based on heroes, they revolutionized the TV, only to spend two seasons to become trash, in compensation Smallville had in his last seasons some of his best stories. The best live action version of Lex Luthor and Lois Lane. Lois was much better than Felicity, Iris, and Lana. Oliver was much better at Smallville than at Arrow

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dmMcGLfU6Ns
youtu.be/tlm4sEAu0Rc?t=24s
youtube.com/watch?v=KAUmncOVWwM
youtube.com/watch?v=8OSIgpW-XUc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nigga I watched Smallville for a decade. It is great at times, but don't pretend Smallville didn't shat the bed itself with the drawn out Lana drama or the Doomsday shit

Like Supernatural the first 4-5 seasons > everything else in quality, but the memetic potential only rises from there.

I've been thinking about watching Smallville again.

I remember basically nothing, and I don't think I got past seaso 3 back when it was sill airing.

I have a pretty good "skip/watch" guide to the entire series done by some user a couple months back, so I think I'll follow that and see where it goes.

user please, take a sit over here Terri wants a word with you.

That show is Dawson's Creek for 4 seasons before becoming an actual Superman show.

No!!!

>skipping episodes when you rewatch a show
disgusting

Why am I always amused by Lois's inability to spell?

A lot of this show filler Why would you make this man suffer through that?

Smallville have some good things in the last couple of season, but it was filled with teen drama.

>filler
What?

Alison Mack is in that crazy sex cult
Kristin Kreuk left it

A lot of the show is fluff. You gonna make this man trek through shit like Pete Ross' Street Racing Episode? What are you a demon? Or how about that Chloe episode in season 5?

Doesn't Terri have got some frogs to eat?

TV series with more than 20 episodes per season often have tons of filler episodes, as in episodes that don't contribute at all to the overarching plot.

Why the fuck didn't they just hire the Smallville actor for Lex? Jesus Christ why Eisenberg? I like Jesse but he's fucking terrible for the role.

innocent until proven guilty

Companies don't like reusing live actors between continuities to avoid confusing casuals.

First season of Human Target > all.

didn't he get really pissed about something and swore off ever playing Lex again? And I don't think WB wanted to hire someone who was in GotG2 as their Lex Luthor

No, he actually says they were stupid for not asking him in this. It’s a fun watch:
youtu.be/dmMcGLfU6Ns

The Flash's dad is played by the Flash from the 90's show

No.

I liked it at the time but I wouldn't even call it a good show, much less the best DC show.

Outside of iZombie it's easily the best DC show to be on the CW

Its disgusting how much nostagliafaggotry there is for Smallville on Sup Forums lately.

It was shit for its time and its especially shit today. Just because the CW shows aren't good, it doesn't make Smallville magically good.

The DCW shows benefit from Smallville (and the fact that genre/episodic television is far more popular and, significantly, more accepted than it was when SV started); episodic shows with seasonal arcs, not just two parters, have become more accepted and even the gold standard even with things like Breaking Bad, True Blood, and The Sopranos - not just the current flavors of the month like GoT.

Smallville is essentially what comic books were in the 60s and 70s, the Kryto Freak of the Week was standard, acceptable TV fare (e.g. Star Trek lands on a planet, someone unimportant dies, shit happens, but they leave the planet and the main crew and ship itself proceeds safely and happily to the next planet, and repeat).

So measured by that, SV had it's moments. The Lana shit definitely was worse than the Iris/Barry drama, Felicity/Whomever crap, and all that other stuff. The one improvement SV had is that they trusted to Comic Book Science/Comic Book Logic that people would mysteriously not remember Clark had powers, whereas the DCW shows, especially Flash S2/S3 and LoT S1, and to a lesser extent Supergirl both seasons, had way too many people holding an idiot ball for plot drama/contrivance.

DCW also has the advantage of technical advances, not limited to just better CGI and even bigger budgets.

>Best Lois and Clark chemistry
youtu.be/tlm4sEAu0Rc?t=24s
>Best Lex
youtube.com/watch?v=KAUmncOVWwM
>Comfy fun moments
youtube.com/watch?v=8OSIgpW-XUc
>hottest Martha

>Is Smallville still the best DC hero-based series?
Unquestionably yes.

>The Lana shit definitely was worse than the Iris/Barry drama, Felicity/Whomever crap
In no fucking way was the Lana shit worse that Olicity.

The equivalent of if Olicity happened in Smallville would be if they killed Lois and Chloe won, while at the same time Chloe also became the main character and a better hero than Clark.

(nobody watched that show)

Alison is that you?

Arrow started off great.
Smallville Started off okay if you liked CW teen drams
Arrow was good but took a nosedive after S3
Smallville didn't become decent Super Hero TV until four seasons later and even then it was pretty shit.

so, i dunno, man......

you're young if you don't remember season finale of season 2 of smallville being a hit. It blew people away for television.

Go watch other stuff on network tv or even other shows on WB in 2002.

Everwood? Most of the other shows were so small potatoes in scope.

>Arrow started off great.
>Smallville Started off okay if you liked CW teen drams

You can't believe both of these things without being a hypocrite

No matter how bad the show, it can never really be appreciated fully unless it is watched in completion. To do otherwise is retarded.

Arrow felt like a Super Hero from the very start is what I'm getting at. Smallville was like Degrassi with super powers until he finished High School and even then they kept dragging the lifeless corpse of clarkxlana for as long as they could so he didn't really leave high school at all.

and plus Lana is far worse than Felicity ever could dream of being.

This. Clark/Lana was annoying and held him back, but Lana was a reasonably okay character in her own right, and she had genuine flaws (like not being able to let go of her dead parents).

Olicity is pure unmitigated trash, that was only matched by SV's final Lana arc which gave her kryptonite powers. But that was the arc that wrote her out so whatever.

>and plus Lana is far worse than Felicity ever could dream of being.
How can you lie like that and live with yourself? You've been outed Arrowfag.

Somehow managed to have a best Hawkman so far