Any more comics like this? Where the interpretation is open ended

Any more comics like this? Where the interpretation is open ended.

Like this

Loss

maybe this

Oh, like this?

Is Asay the greatest post-modern cartoonist we've ever had?

>Either Asay is pro-toke or is such a corporate shill he openly defends unambiguous criminals.
I can honestly see him doing the second more than the first but I feel like he'd atleast whitewash their criminality.

Wat

Everyone bitches about this comic, but it's right.

It's not saying don't have hobbies and interests.
It's saying if that hobby is the primary thing about you, and the main thing you're looking for in a relationship is someone to share that with you (I want a nerdy gf who plays games/likes comics!) it's not going to work out because what you're looking for is an accessory.

In that image, the couch and table represent that the guy has created a public self, a social self, a side that people not interested in his hobby/interests can share and feel comfortable in. He can have a conversation that isn't about video games. He can have a good time with someone without going straight to video games. If him and that girl don't both enjoy video games, they could still have a relationship based on their personalities and not just shared hobbies.

If your relationship is based on "I'm attracted to this person and she plays video games", it's not going to be a good relationship.

Yeah Alright, Rowntree.
I still don't really get that, it seems really vague. And what he actually types out is even worse than what you said.

I love this picture but I still have no idea why it exists.

Ah, the ol' "Here are the possibilities, I'm not even going to hint at which I prefer

Basically a relationship is not just enjoying hobbies together. If you just want someone who likes the same things as you and does them with you, that's not really a relationship, it's a fantasy girl.

Yeah again, that's not really a helpful how to.
Is really all he's trying to say is "there's more to liking things and that's why you're a piece of shit"?

Meanwhile the comic over at gives the opposite message.

Well they're different people to be fair.

But both probably equally full of shit.

Nah, it's not saying that liking things is bad or that the guy is a piece of shit. There's just not really a space in his life for someone else to fit, so expecting someone to come along and slot right into his hobby is unrealistic.

In the bottom panel, the guy has his hobbies that he does by himself, but he also has space for someone else to come and "sit". It's not just him enjoying his hobby while she watched or the two of them enjoying the hobby together. If she's not interested in his hobby, they can potentially still connect on a personal level.

In a relationship, you're looking for someone to complement yourself and add something to your life, not someone to come enjoy your hobbies with you.

I don't think it's necessarily contradictory, because as you see the two people are enjoying different things. They obviously like each other as people first and so are able to enjoy each other's company despite not doing the same thing.

Of course, both people could potentially enjoy games and talking about games, but again they must have a personal connection first and be able to enjoy each other's personalities, with the video games just being an activity they can both enjoy instead of the thing their relationship revolves around.

user what they typed out is literally "Posting a list of things you like on your dating profile makes you a Relationship Hitler."

>REEEEE SWORDS the artist

It was made to counter reddit & memey tier beliefs that love is just chemicals.

The left one, the guy is stronger so he can make more chores in the house

what is a relationship then

I don't get it.

a mature relationship is with someone you share your life with. your life being the part where you eat, shit, work, vacation, go shopping, pay bills, make decisions, meet new people, eat and shit again, remind each other about the mold under the counter, make tough decisions, etc.

Meeting someone and trying to start a relationship is about how much you enjoy the other person and what they look like and what they do, but whether than relationship lasts or not is dependent on whether you can stand them; whether you can allow them to take the half of your life that you spend alone away from you.

People who build an entire persona around their hobbies or interests often have trouble putting work into a relationship because these interests have always been solitary, even if they tell themselves they aren't.

i have mold in my bathroom but i just ignore it

it's been there for like three years

my inner and outer /diy/ is triggered

That really doesn't sound like the shit you put in your Persona Lobby.