Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IGZYvpwK8Kw
youtu.be/XGx_aKaY-PE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cute!

The Mantlo stuff is cool.

>Marvel shit
He's mediocre, just like everything Marvel does

I liked "Tactical genius confident bad-ass" rocket.
Not so much "Blam! i murdered you" catchphrase rocket.

He makes me blush

he's still a tactical genius

He was cute enough for the first 20 years of his publishing history, all 7-8 appearances.

He was cool in the DnA GotG run.

He was funny for the first GotG movie.

Bendis run + GOTG2 + everything else since 2014: He's insufferable and I immediately hate every scene and comic panel he appears in.

Can't wait for him to refer to Thanos as "some humanoid GRAPE?!" twenty times in Infinity War.

Movie version is okay.

Comics version is a shithead. Too much 'space biker' in him to not try to backstab anyone not already a friend

That's fine.
"Blam. I murdered you." is still a dumb catchphrase and sounds like it was written by a 12 year old.

I sometimes imagine the things he would say if someone was fucking his asshole.

when did he say that

I liked Young's portrayal of him

Bendis troed to push it as a catchphrase for some time.

to many times to count

Are there any comic panels of him mooning anyone?

Cool guy

main him in that disaster of a fighting game

Yeah or him cleaning himself haha

Unless you're talking about Rocket Racoon, of course.

Basically this. But he wasn't that bad in GoTG2. The whole "trying to push people away" thing was handled poorly, but most of his scenes were good.

There's a couple in e621

I would fuck his asshole

Is any of it canon, or just fanart?

>Mooning image
>Canon

Guy Gardner has a mooning scene, why can't Rocket?

this exactly

that's one sexy raccoon
thats one sexy Football

and a a lot of shipping with this guy, rocketxquill/rocketxgroot are far better

>a cgi raccoon crying has better performance and more deep than the JL

>living animal made to care for the mentally ill
it made sense
shut your fucking mouth you Sup Forumsedditor faggot

Raccoons have really sensitive hands, right? Would holding hands with him be a really intense experience for him?

Lewd

>I never asked to be made
I just want to pet him and tell him he's a good squirrel.

He's a trash panda you slut

Movie Rocket is more toned down.

thats fucked up mang

would you pet this user?

>Quill and Gamora
>Drax and Mantis

So he's doomed to a relationship with a tree?

id be down with that its a lot less weird than the other ships at least

what the fuck is wrong with both of their faces? Rockets looks like it's several sizes too small for his head and Groot looks stretched and warped in an odd fashion, never mind his little twig arms in the background.

>A Pickle and Peanut reaction image

Bless you user

Factually incorrect, rocket/blackjack is the perfect ship.

We have the internet now

There's no fucking excuse for a professional artist not to know how to draw a fucking raccoon

Looks like it's a typical raccoon behavior.

Rocket used to be ugly, he is now a cute a fuzzy creature for obvious reasons, some comic artists have trouble when they try to draw things that are not human especially when they have such odd styles.

>comics
>professional artists
choose one and only one

Otters are fine too I guess but as for other uplifts I don't think we're gonna see rabbits or walruses. Looks like the key in making a good animal-based character is choosing an animal that already shows some resemblance to humans like using "hands" or primitive tools.

one of rockets tivals in his comics is a rabbit

There were like two artists during the Giffen/DnA era of cosmic comics that knew how to draw a raccoon. The rest thought drawing a rabid beaver was acceptable.

Yeah but today making things "realistic" is in fashion.
That being said I like that Rocket in the movies looks like an animal rather than raccoon-like alien. In earlier version of the script he wasn't even supposed to talk for real instead using some voice synthesizer like in Up.

animals that use their hands creep me out

It's cute

it feels almost unnatural, like if i were seeing a demon posses a doll.

opposable thumbs are actually on quite a few species and being able to manipulate stuff with your hands is super fucking useful

user does this look demonic to you?

He's hot.

...Huh, a bear would make a great antagonist for Rocket.

I really like the "chaotic, fast-working, scrapper tech genius" rocket from the movies, I think even more than I liked the DnA rocket, and I liked the DnA rocket a lot. I think emphasizing that aspect of the character does a good job of making up for his small size to make him and essential team member in a way that just giving him a big gun alone doesn't. It also leaves Peter to be the tactician of the group, which is also good, because it offsets Peter's emotional immaturity, and makes him seem useful as well.

>rocket raccoon will never be your cute fluffy angry short boyfriend

About a thousand times since 2012

They are making a living drawing art. They are by definition professional artists, you autist.

Raccoons do not have opposable thumbs.

I know, but they do use their "hands" to manipulate shit and this is a rocket raccoon thread so that's why I posted a raccoon gif

I agree. While the professional soldier Rocket in DNA was good it was let down by awful art and was pretty one dimensional with no character growth. Movie Rocket already has more development than any version of comic Rocket.

A large portion of a raccoon's brain is devoted to the sense of touch and they have hairs above their claws that act as whiskers and let them feel things before they touch them. They have clever little hands and if they had opposable thumbs it would actually be kind of scary.

>literally has like 7 different backstories
>none of them are canon

>that ear twitch
so cute

I read only a little bit of the current GotG series but although the entire cast seem to look more like their movie versions comic Rocket seems more sex obsessed unlike movie Rocket.

joke is that comic artist is not a legitimate profession

I like happy Rocket.

Yeah his waifu said so.

Love Rocket, he's basically not an edgelord, he's comedic and he does get fucked up sometimes. He's balanced. Reletable on what's going on with his own life. So ya know. Good shit.

Rocket is canon gay

Speaking of Rocket, what the fuck happened to Bradley Cooper? He dropped off the map almost completely.
In fact I'd be money that that comic was based on that pic you just posted

we have to thank Bendis for adding such a depth changing twist and bringing new life to the medium and muh dick

>groot says it
Ok I laughed

You don't get to decide what is and what is not a legitimate profession.

if there was an otter hero what would his name be

Otter-Maton

bruce

He got type cast as a raccoon.

He's a great companion for space adventures
>Tech/weapon skills
>Good banter
>Soft for cuddling with while sleeping through space travel

'e's a bretty cool guy, he fucks trees and doesn't afraid of anything

They need to bring the otter back.

>"Annihilator class."
>That whole mini

DnA should have been put out to pasture after that one. What a fumble.

rocket is for tactical schemes, he is not for cuddling nor petting

I know there are things like style, time management, and the such but holy hell it's a raccoon. Literally a Raccoon. What kind of artist gets a job when they can't draw something you can pull up on google image?

I still wonder why they haven't had Lylla in the comics after GoG movies got big. You'd think they would use the character as a replacement type character for Rocket.

I would pet Cosmo in the back there.

Isn't like half of Alpha Strike bears?

Lylla.

>wanting to pet an anthro freak
fuck off furfag this is a rocket thread

I love each and every one of the shorts
youtu.be/IGZYvpwK8Kw
Young's design is so dynamic and cute, i love that bushy tail, love them big old eyes, love the scrawny frame he has... I just want to hug him and get a gun up my ass.

youtu.be/XGx_aKaY-PE
>in the teaser he's sleeping on Groot's legs
CUTE!
CUUUUUUUTE!!

She was in one story that was a little to wacky before her name appeared as an easter egg in the movie. Then the game. She was fine they should get her VA for the movies/shows maybe she'll become a standard character now. Her relationship with Rocket is potentially interesting. It's fine when he's a lonely sad guy but adding her creates new possibilities because she's the only one who can understand his problems. Doesn't have to be romantic it can work as a thing between two freaks of nature. Gunn said that would be weird but it seems he changed his mind and teased her appearance somwhere along the way in either vol. 3 or Rocket solo movie.