What the FUCK did they do to my Molly?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FX8RuHII718
ew.com/tv/2017/11/27/marvel-runaways-pride-frank-dean-kip-pardue/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pedo btfo

It's more about this being a totally different character

How's episode 4?
I got to through the third episode and in a show named "RUNAWAYS" no one had run away. So I've given up on it. Let me know when they actually run away, maybe I'll pick it back up then.

she isn't a super strong girl with crazy doomsayer parents?

I am so goddamn fucking sick of having all these ugly mutts shoved in my face. JUST. CAST. ATTRACTIVE. WHITE. PEOPLE. kthanksbye

Her parents are dead and she's Gert's adopted sister...she is super strong though and get' tired after. The only thing the dod accurately were the powers, everything else is off.

But I don't want to look at attractive white people.

What's wrong with you?

>Virtue signalling a mere minute after OP posted
you can stop that sock puppet game, OP

they made Molly older just to push her in the plot with all the school and all that I suppose, would be weird to no see her there, BUT she's ugly AF also, there's 120 millions of Mexicans and they can't find one cute, and could be shorter

>le 25% by 2050 gringo face

official rankings for the TV show:

>god tier
Chase
>good tier
Karolina, Alex, Gertrude
>disappointing so far tier
Nico
>shit tier
Molly

official rankings for the comics:

>elder god tier
Xavin
>god tier
Nico
>great tier
Chase, Gertrude, Victor
>good tier
Molly, Karolina, Alex
>shit tier
Klara

I don't really care if they cast a latina that speak proper english and is white, something like Bella Thorne, and don't change the name

Her personality is about as close to the comic you can get without actually being ridiculous, because her character's writing in the comic is absolutely ridiculous. She spends half the time speaking and acting like she's barely old enough to walk, yet she's supposed to be hitting puberty. The writers just had no idea how the hell a girl her age is supposed to act.

In the show she's immature, but to an extent that can still be believable.

If any character absolutely needed to be changed up for the adaptation to TV, it's Molly. (Though they could have gotten a girl who at least looked vaguely like her)

Spoken like someone who wasn't around for the "molly loli" threads back before Sup Forums went blue.

>ATTRACTIVE. WHITE. PEOPLE.

Gert's got a shovel for a face so it's not just Molly.

But that's accurate.

Still no running away.
Alex got kidnapped, probably by the gang guys.
Frank's probably gonna get offed
Gert's parents know Gert knows about Old Lace and are basically on her side.
Gert isn't skeptical of her parents at all
Chase and his dad had bonding time over nerd shit.
Molly whined.

They dropped the name of the show when talking about their parents using runaways for sacrifices.

I don't mean unattractive user. I mean her face is concave. That philitrum is nearly up her own nose too.

Isnt this what you wanted? Thats what live actions are like.

>using runaways for sacrifices

BOOOOOOO

I bet 5 cents they wont runaway till the end of the season or some BS like that.

She isn't cute. None of that is cute. She looks 30. Why do they all look 30.

>she's supposed to be hitting puberty.

She was like 10. Other than that, if I remember correctly, She was the one it took longest to convince her parents were evil (which admittedly isn't an issue because her parents are dead). And she was like a early version of Kamapa in that she wanted to be a hero ( Power Princess). Which to me seems reasonable when you're a 10 yr old girl. You want to make her older for reasons fine but the adopted shit is out of nowhere and I don't see what good it does. Outside of her power set and a pink cap with animal ears it's a different character. And her being like 2 years younger than everyone else compared to the way she's treated seems absurd to me. She's treated like a child in comparison to everyone else being around 17. I don't know how it is in schools now but there wasn't that huge a gap in how you treated a 13-14 yr old freshman when you were like a senior.

I'm not going to watch this show.

Yeah. That seems about right. If that. They world ending plot doesn't seem to exist so I don't know what their goal is.

I don't see why they couldn't have followed the comic plot to the letter but fleshed out the parents and characters more. It all feels like too many cooks.

He's not you.

HOW DARE HE NOT BE ME!

I know, right?

Good.
They can easily milk multiple seasons out of the first comic book run. It'll make it twice as heart-wrenching when they reveal that Alex was playing them the entire time.

Is the title 2deep4u? The title is an allegory, the characters aren't literally running away to some far off "otherside" that is better then where they presently are. No. The Runaways is allegoric in nature to show the characters are running away from the destined fate as villains and to try not to live like their parents.

This shit isn't rocket science.

I'm really loving this show. Gonna go read the comics.

>I'm really loving this show

Why?

The cast is good, the parents and the kids. The kids act like kids, but not dumb ones. The mystery surrounding the parents is really intriguing. The show is also pretty good visually.

Is this a real line? I thought the "tumblr: the series" meme was a joke

That's just Gert being Gert

She's a little more Gert2

Not really specific but enjoy, I guess.

>The show is also pretty good visually.
Shakeycam

Now you won't unsee it.

>Squared doesn't work apparently.

Rude.
People bitch at her for it all the time though. She's really portrayed as being a bitch for it.

>try not to live like their parents

Teens going out of their way to not be there parents, what a unique take on childhood. Ground breaking insights to the nature of growing up. This certainly isn't EVERY teen drama sub plot.

youtube.com/watch?v=FX8RuHII718

In the comics they were literal runaways. When you call the show "Runaways", based on a comic about actual runaways, the audience is going to expect runaways. If you give me $5 for a piece of pie, you're not going to be happy with a picture of a piece of pie and a story about how it's deep allegory about fulfillment, nor the claim that you should be happy with the metaphorical pie.

Is Ward-Lord gonna be Skye's new love interest?

>People bitch at her for it all the time though. She's really portrayed as being a bitch for it.
Okay cool. I'm planning on binging it once all the episodes are out

Gert gets BTFO for her feminism bullshit all the time. She's also pretty low in the high school food chain, so it's not portraying SJWs in any sort of positive light.

Actually the director did state that the 1st season would be based off the first 18 issue so the season should end with the parents and alex dead and the kids on the run

>ywn see Nico cuck Gert by kiss raping Chase
>ywn see Staff of One menstruation jokes
>ywn see Victor getting his shit fucked up by Vision
>ywn see Xavin transforming into Nico for Karolina's benefit
>ywn see Geoffrey Wilder shank a prostitute in cold blood
>ywn see the Runaways make fun of Dagger's slutty 80s costume
>ywn see Molly punch Wolverine after having a fangasm

>Jon Bernthal shows up so Molly can punch him too

>the staff of one isn't magic but highly advanced tech because Marvel TV said 'no magic'
Retarded honestly

I don't get the point if it's not distinct from magic isn't it just magic.

Is that her? What the fuck sort of mutt is that?

You're kidding right? I was actually looking forward to this show once upon a time. Glad I didn't lift my general cape-shit ban (sans X-men, although if Disney get them back I'll have to add them) to watch it.

But the first run is all good stuff there is...

Its like they took Anthony Davis and gender swap him after de-aging him.

If Vaugn had created Runaways right now, that would probably be the way Gert would act. She'd actually probably be fater and one of the LBQT2BMSL

The fuck? Are they planning something else

>Gert gets BTFO for her feminism bullshit all the time.
In the comic or in the show? Because thus far, the show treats her rants as unironically right.

If Vaugn had tried create Runaways right now, Marvel wouldn't have let him.

>What the FUCK did they do to my Molly?
Fox owns her. Thus they needed a similar character.

I understand that.. But why did they feel the need to make Gert Latina too? When her parents absolutely are not. Just for the one references to her teaching Chase Spanish which she has yet to do and probably never will?

The Deans aren't aliens either, nor are the Yorkes' Time travellers.

They don't give a shit about anything. It's not to service the story. It's to service the stories they want to tell.

>She spends half the time speaking and acting like she's barely old enough to walk, yet she's supposed to be hitting puberty. The writers just had no idea how the hell a girl her age is supposed to act.
I distinctly remember one of the issues having characters call her out on that and implying it was an act.

Made her of age?

Gert isn't Latina. She just pays attention in class.

But she is. You can't pretend the actress isn't.

>I distinctly remember one of the issues having characters call her out on that and implying it was an act.

Yes. The Young version of Alex's dad called her out on it. It's manipulation. Kids do it all the time. Like a kid that waits to see if anyone is looking to cry. It works for someone who's 11 or 12 but in the show she's just whiny and no one really seems to care for her.

She destroyed a bathroom and nothing ever came of it.

Actually, even worse, the actress is 14, the fuck is wrong with you guys,

The show

Fuck off Joss

she looks like Anthony Burch with a unibrow

>Xavin
>elder god tier
Really?

Wait, there's supposed to be magic, aliens and time travellers? Why would they remove all that?

the show lets you know she's a loser that nobody takes seriously

Haven‘t watched the show. Did they seriously not do the actual start of runaways? Why the fuck? That whole situation is written gold. I‘d think most people can remember getting dumped with the kids of whoever their parents were having a party with. The idea of that turning into some sinister cult thing followed by the rapid reveal of everyone‘s powers was the absolute best part about this comic.

The whole point of Runaways was that every family was a unique aspect of supervillainy.

Crime bosses
Time travellers
Aliens
Mutants
Mad scientists
Sorcerors.

All of them teamed up to summon elder gods so their respective only children could rule the earth.

wasn't nico's mom in dr strange?

She's supposed to be cute. Not an ugly ass Frieda Kahlo-wannabe.

Ugly bitch would be better with her hair dyed red and plaing Wolfsbane.

Chase looks too buff for me but that's probably because of the art I'm used to.

Karolina's ok. Alex is perfect. Gert is exactly as I envisioned her. Fucking punchable.

Nico looks too old. And too pudgy. Way too old.

Molly is a fucking hag.

No, it's the difference between analog and digital. Just because you make the pixels so small you can't see them doesn't make it analog.

>Deans aren't aliens
>Yorkes' aren't Time travellers
>Minoru guy isn't a sorcerer
>Geoff Wilder isn't as evil as he should be
>Only dadStein is superinventor
>Hayes' don't exist/ded

WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO

Live action was a mistake

>they aren't runaways

So if I'm gathering things correctly they wanted to make a random high school cape series that some producer had conceived, and are using the name runaways for promotional reasons

I'm somehow shocked and not shocked at the same time

Molly vs Old Lace looked quite good.

Yes, but Victor Stein is being played by based James Marsters. And I liked the twist with the Fistigons.

What? No, that's all in the show.

Triggered, much? The original Runaways were always multi-racial, which is no surprise since they're all from Commiefornia. Hell, one of them is even an alien, and I ain't talking about Victor.

Marvel or whoever makes this realized that casting a pre-teen actress would be awkward, since they can hit puberty any time and their voice and body could change at any moment while filming, which would be awkward when the actress looks totally different between the pilot and finale.

Everyone either completely ignores her or calls her out for being an annoying bitch, she's also portrayed as an enormous hypocrite who claims to be all against the patriarchy but then submissively lusts after the masculine straight white male dick.

>The Deans aren't aliens either, nor are the Yorkes' Time travellers.
How do you know? We know virtually nothing about them yet. We have know indication where Old Lace or Karolina's powers came from

>Fox owns her
No they don't.

It's not easy being a 30 year old preteen.

The actors said so.

ew.com/tv/2017/11/27/marvel-runaways-pride-frank-dean-kip-pardue/

Also Gert's parents made Old Lace. They say it. Were you even watching?

So is this show worth watching?

But i'd rather just judge a show based on a screencap with text over it

Worth is relative. People read comics because there's boobs on the cover. It doesn't mean it's any good. People also like hot messes because something about it tickles their fancy.

Watch the first one, if you don't like them don't watch it?

Or do like me and watch it to complain about it.

Second best MCU show

Are there any more webms? I freaking love this show.

Pleb list.
Leapfrog and Topher not listed

It is, but Gert is constantly laughed at and shown to be a hypocrite.

I'm surprised, honestly. Shocked even. The show really pokes at braindead SJW kids for being braindead. I expected the show to go the other direction and take her nonsense seriously.

(examples: everyone cringes or mocks Gert when she goes on a rant. nobody is interested in signing up for her radfem club. when someone does show up for it, she both leaves them hanging and one of the members is shown as being racist towards Karolina. Gert sexually assaults Chase with x-ray goggles, then wears a lead apron to protect herself from the same and cringe-worthy declares its patriarchy-payback. No, the show is really holding Gert up to be the fool.)

retard