Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld Final Part

It's finally here.
We travelled a long way with our young Amy Winston.
We grew, we loved, we hated, fought, we bleed, we died and became one with the whole of Gemworld.
But at last, all good things must come to an end.
And all good ends must become new beginings.

So lets do this, Amethystr, Princess of Gemworld Volume 3 chapter 3!

Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:
Part 4:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=itAOGRiYRLI
youtube.com/watch?v=shdiTRxTJb4
youtube.com/watch?v=pkd5mYvKWig
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>No.97208572

Amethyst really has a nice Art Nouveau aspect to many of her designs in this volume.

And now for the final issue.

youtube.com/watch?v=itAOGRiYRLI

Amethyst is making some freaky mutant corpse things, good for her.

A giant woman based on a gemstone. Where have I heard that before? Oh ya, rock lords

And that's all she wrote

If you curious about this shameless tease at the end here, it's a reference to a Legion of Super-Heroes storyline (or I guess you could also call it an event) called The Magic Wars and nobody got time for that and it has barely anything to do with Amethyst until she shows up at the end as a Deus Ex Machina to tell the characters what to do 'cuz apparently all of the magical realms of the DC universe are connected (and that's why Amethyst could go to Gemworld while she was sleeping, Gemworld is tecnically part of the Dreaming) and they stop magic from being destroyed, THE END.

That aside, I hope you enjoyed this little storytime which happend to me my first. I'll probably be back later down the month to Storytime Christmas with the Super-Heroes #2 so look foward to that.

Marry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a good night.

good show

youtube.com/watch?v=shdiTRxTJb4

To keep this thread alive for a bit, I am going to post Amethyst's first appearance from the new 52 reboot, Sword and Sorcery #0.

I find her original series to still be Amethyst's best one. The new 52 version is lacking in the same charm.

The Beowulf back up was the real winner of the Sword and Sorcery run.

So what happende here? is like they changed the writter and never bothered to ask where the story was going.
Some new OC that has never being mention before appear out of nowhere and steamroll over all the characters and cut short all the remaining plot threads? Anybody know what happened?

I know what this series was going for, but it didn't really strike a chord with me. It's similar to every time they try to do a gritty reboot of Wizard of Oz for the "modern fantasy" audience

Magic is like drugs, got it.

If I remember right, the writers switched from Cohn to Giffen, and it needed to be pushed into the Crisis event.

I remember when this came out and people reflected on this scene with no small amount of cynicism.

bam, magical blondes. And despite popular opinion not all blondes are magical.

Also pants. Everyone knows that in Sword and Sorcery pants are for the weak. It's a faux pas really.

This series had the most misleading covers possible

That's the end of this beginning.

Bump

Thanks user,
Halfway throu the second book seems like they changed the story. kind of cruel in a wayt hey retcon Citrine to be an asshole they droped the Carnelia plot and give a bad end to Amy parents.
Kind of a sour note to end.

Thanks for the storytime user.
I felt that the second part of vol 2 went out of the rails after Crissis of infinites earths and vol 3 ended on a downer with the parent divorcing and Emerald never returning home.
Posting cute Amy to end the thread on a nicer note.
youtube.com/watch?v=pkd5mYvKWig

Assorted musings was Drouhard shipping prince Garnet with queen Emerald? Is that why her version of the Emerald sisters are black?

Last bump. My country may be in the verge of a coup because the elections where rigged so the internet is probably going down soon Thanks again storytime user and everybody have a good night.

Thank you user.

Yikes. Good night. Be safe.

The 12-issue maxi was the best.