That was needlessly dark

That was needlessly dark

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ulluzh0PYIE
youtube.com/watch?v=gWnjW53ZMcM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I liked that twist. I actually didn’t see it coming.

it's a movie revolving around dead people user.

Non spic here, explain god.

Was it like Live Action Beauty and the Beast, every inanimate object dying scene needlessly dark?

mexicans are a bunch of pagans larping as catholics.

probably won't see the movie so curious as well whats the twist

Mate it fits the movie and it's something that's rarely done
Look up Jimmy Savile.

Its not that, the twist was good. Its once your forgotten IRL you fade into oblivion never thought a childrens film would delve into such and exsistential and depressing concept, let alone pixar

So they are based on
>Pedro Infante
>Jorge Negrete
>?

Oh, fuck you.
This must have been one of the 5 movies you've seen in your life if you honestly think the twist was good.
It was predictable as all fuck.

Wait I thought De la Cruz was Not-Infante.

Inside out already kinda did that. You’re right though as it’s a lot more depressing in this one as it hits home the fact that no one loves/cares about you.

Well that's obvious ese your loved ones keep you alive in their memories, if no one remembers you who can guarantee you ever existed?

Well which the are we talking about? If you’re talking about Hector then yeah that was pretty obvious. On the other hand I didn’t expect the murder seen and you’re lying if you say you saw that coming.

Its pretty deep for a kids film when you think about it. You are never truly dead unless you are forgotten both literally and figuratively.

In inside out it was an imaginary friend. In this it was actual dead people. Someone on Sup Forums a few months ago brought that concept up for a story idea they had, and when that scene happend in the film i just sank. I dont understand why they thought it was a good idea to put it into the film.

why do skeletons have hair?

They actually say that in the trailer. I was taken aback by that.

Scene. My bad

To be fair, you don't love/care about the living. So it's fine.

The darkest part of this movie for me is the beginning where you saw dead children running around.

Because the other conflict of Migel slowly turning into a skeleton had no real weight to it. The movie needed another driving force for the plot to move forward other then Migels selfish desire to be a musician.

I didnt see that trailer then. I just saw it tonight and when the skeleton just faded away after hearing hector play for him i cried a little. Dont get me wrong i love sad movies especially when animated films do that, but i thought that was a bit too dark even for them. In a way im actually impressed disney didnt stop them, because not only being depressing from a philisophical point of view that could also be viewed as sacreligious. I dont know how id explain that if i had a kid.

I love people user. Wheather they love me back is the real question.

>Migels selfish desire to be a musician.
This is why Mexico is still a third world country.

He's so charming and charismatic though

makes sense dumbass

you think 99% of the world pop will be remembered 200 years from now?

im damn sure even shit like superman won't last another 200 years, not to mention movies or videogames. you have to do something fucking crazy like lead rome or make the nuke or kill 6 million [REDACTED] *Irishmen* to stand out

I think that was enough drive, even then they couldve shown him seeing his fsmily worried about him and they couldve used that as a driving force. Still, within a few hundred years all the main characters will be nonexsistant.

Favorite Scene?
>Talent Show scene with Hector and Migel singing was God tier.

Superman is a modern myth user. I have faith at least Superman will be remembered.

>you need to have liberal arts students taking on billions a semester in debt for shitty art schools to be a first world country
They're a third world country because of the drugs and the retards who worship it

It's kind of annoying, lately, it seems like a lot of shows are pushing the oblivion angle. Rick and Morty, the MCU Netflix shows, even that Dr. Who spinoff show. Like, I want to live life and not think about that, and yet so many shows are rubbing it in my face that there's nothing after life. Hell, the Netflix MCU shows doing that outright contradicts the universe that has the SOUL gem in it.

It doesnt make sense when the concept of an afterlife implies youre there forever. Heaven and hell is like Sup Forums for normies. The idea that you fade into oblivion when your forgotten about is a realatively new concept, and one i think was too dark for a film like that. Also, superheros are going to be here for centuries, i mean there more popular now and theyve been around for 80 years

BONED.COM

Well, to me, the one in the middle looks a lot like Pedro Infante, the one on the left looks like Jorge Negrete, I have no idea who is the one on the right supposed to be.

You do realize that when the apocalypse happens, nobody will be in the afterlife then.

I agree. I know when torchwood did it i felt it was needlessly edgy. I forgot how that translates to netflix. I mean, i personally think theres something afterwards, so i think all these people trying to say theres nothing are trying to look nihilistic and say its good writing

Why murricans get so over dramatic every time with this holiday? I get we have different cultures and all that but it shouldn't hit you like this.

We just remember that death is natural and reinforce the importance of family/friends as they keep you alive when you are gone.

the one on the right is Infante De la Cruz says their names out loud when introducing Miguel.

>The idea that you fade into oblivion when your forgotten about is a relatively new concept
Nigger the day of the death is a prehispanic celebration and believe it or not the core concept hasn't changed much.

I have never heard of the idea in day of the dead that if a family forgets someone they turn to oblivion in the afterlife. Arent most mexicans catholic anyways, so there views of the afterlife would be radically different then that in the movie?

The Netflix stuff happens in Iron Fist (Harold Mitchum talking about how there's just nothing) and then in Defenders (Sygorny talking to Elektra and how scary the blackness is)
Truthfully, I have a lot of weird thoughts on the matter, such as this scenario:

If I'm driving, and there's a truck next to my car, and I decide to just unbuckle my seat belt, open my car door and drive head first into the trucks' wheel, crushing my head instantly, at what moment would I lose any resemblance of memory? Would I go all the way up to the Truck Wheel and then stop existing? Or would I still be at the wheel and not perceive anything, not even knowing that I leaped out of the car?

But yeah, it really feels like a lot of shows are putting the "No Afterlife" thing in there because they want to seem edgy. I mean, Rick out of nowhere just goes "There's no afterlife! It's just blackness!"

Which actually makes me think of all these weird story ideas, like if someone went to oblivion and shine a light, would it cause the abyss to suddenly have thought? Would finding out what's in the darkness be scarier than just accepting it?

Of course, it's just a movie user. Most mexicans and south americans are catholics and we do believe in the afterlife.

>Arent most mexicans catholic anyways
Yes and no, mexicans believe in the virgin of Guadalupe first and foremost and she is the representation of an Aztec deity (Tonantzin) in a catholic shell, same shit they did with the day of the dead moving it from august to november 2nd.

I didnt watch all of defenders because i got bored and never got around to watching it again, but really? Thats fucking stupid, especially in a world where fucking ghost rider and dr strange exsist. Maybe some entity is traping souls or some shit. I really hope they dont take this concept to the movies

>What is the land of the forgotten
And what if most are catholic? This is how the tradition go, also I remind you that those who actually believe in the day of the death also are the kind of people who pray and worship the reaper and still think they are catholic.

I want to see a show where the afterlife is some cosmic horror, like great primoridal beasts and elder things reside there and constantly feast on mortals but since we already dead we just regrow our bodies

You'd think most people in the land of the dead would feel pretty bummed down if they saw a dead child wandering around.

Mexican Catholicism is not real Catholicism m8.

They are catholics user. Catholicism is a mix of the beliefs the conquerors brought with them and our pagan beliefs.

Yes, it's best catholicism.

To stay warm

I think I remember reading that there's actually a part of an ofrenda where people make offerings to people who don't have anyone to remember them, sort of like a charity thing. I guess they just didn't mention it in the movie because it would remove the threat

It's sort of the remnants of the "There is no magic, only science" attitude that was in the Marvel stuff before the Marvel Studios/Marvel split. Like how Asgardians are now just aliens, or how Agents of SHIELD kept saying there are no ghosts and shit. It's like this fear that writers would make people lose interest if magic stuff was real. I'm hoping that's being changed now, cause Ragnarok hinted at an afterlife, and we'll know for sure when the SOUL stone comes into play.

Also, just remembered, Bendis had this scene with Ganke talking to ULtimate Gwen Stacy, asking what's after life, and she responds "Infinite Nothing" which Ganke goes "I knew it!" to. He then kills Miles' mother, and any good writer would tie the two elements together, but Bendis doesn't.

OH, and even fucking BOB'S BURGERS pushes the no afterlife thing.

Well, there is the Good Place.

If a nuclear bomb goes off....do 80% of those people immediately go to oblivion?

THEY'RE DEAD YOU DINGUS

Why do we pity the dead?

>OH, and even fucking BOB'S BURGERS pushes the no afterlife thing.
Pretty sure they do it as a joke. I get what your saying though

This is literally the schtick behind Stephen King's Revival book. The afterlife is ruled over by weird ant-like creatures that've enslaved everybody there. This means that literally everybody in the Stephen King universe is ultimately condemned to a hellish fate worse than death.

I did not see the twist coming at all. When Miguel put the pieces together & thought Ernesto de la Cruz was his great-great grandfather, it was case closed in my mind. Same guitar, same build, etc. No wonder the great-great grandmother was so anti-music in a village that worships her former husband.

The twist was very well done. They wrapped up the fake-out early so the viewers didn't doubt the revelation to only show later that the foregone conclusion was incorrect.

Murricans fear el dia de muertos because their overly individualistic nature and weak ass family bonds guarantee that they will be forgotten within one generation.

Pretty much. We don't remember our ancestors, so we kind of expect the same.

The BONE ZONE!

>once your forgotten IRL you fade into oblivion
they never stated that in the movie, Hector just says that no one knows what happens when you are forgotten, for all we know they might go to one of the 13 aztec heavens after they are forgotten.

You should look up H. Bosch paintings, he did several depicting his visions of hell and they are almost exactly what you describe.

Real skeletal corpses do sometimes have hair, depending on how they decay.

I like the way Book of Life did it. When nobody remembers you, you just move on to the next step in the afterlife, the after afterlife.

I just here for the drunked skeletons

>kill 6 million [REDACTED] *Irishmen*
tis like another famine

>this
>dark
Why are Americans such pussies?

It's more that Disney has been keeping a majority of media kid-friendly so we're surprised they allowed a movie based around life after death to be made with their logo on it.

Who gives a shit? You're dead.

All this movie did for me was make me fall in love with Elsa all over again.

Exactly, you are death. That's the whole thing, even if your family carries your memory, you are death so why make a fuss about it?

Book of Life had that too.

>I have faith at least Superman will be remembered.

So do I.

>you are death

Nice.

Nah, man. At least you just get sent to Xibalba’s realm instead of oblivion

Three gay pedos trying to pick up a little boy.

And eventually they turned into ash.

They actually dissapear out of existance

Why gringos denied the concept of death so much?

They have an over-inflated sense of importance so they think their lives matter more than anything else.

It's even darker when you realize they will probably end up in the next afterlife (oblivion, or whatever comes next in the movie next) Since there memories more than likely die with there parents.

Whatever it takes not to get tortured by the Inquisition.

>worship the reaper

The reaper is an angel, and veneration is not worship.

I'm tired of the only science meme going on. Every god or monster being a alien too. It's so unoriginal and feels so edgy. It's become really cliche.

Were there any dead kids? I didn't see any.

fag

actual spoiler
the hero the kid worshipped became famous with the songs that he stole from the kids great grandfather after he killed him, sounds dark but the movie makes it seem less serious

imelda singing la llorona, i want to go and watch the movie again just for that scene

>tfw they didn't use La vikina in the actual film
what a shame
youtube.com/watch?v=ulluzh0PYIE

youtube.com/watch?v=gWnjW53ZMcM
It was obligatory.

>tfw it's more acceptable to hire a witch to put a hex on someone and curse them for the rest of their lives than being gay

That or in the context of the movie its about as useful as saying "Bless you" to someone whos getting stabbed 37 times in the abdomen.

Doesn't that mean 99.99999999% of the people who ever died, disappeared?

actually every famous (or infamous) people will be remember forever, cuz they did something remarkable in live.

So yeah, an average user like you and me we will be forgotten eventually.

Movie made me wish Day of the Dead was a common thing in the U.S.

It seems like a nice event, and the general aesthetic is nice too.