Fuck you, Hari Kondabolu

Fuck you, Hari Kondabolu.

>2017
>watching the simpsons

shiggy diggy my dude

This is why political activists need to be hunted down and executed.

>ranker.com

>mfw they can't take Apu out of the good Simpsons seasons, no matter how much they cry

I don’t even watch the new episodes and this makes me angry.

>remove the foreign guy
Yeah, that's not racist.

>may
A thread died for your fake news.

Okay, now get rid of Raj from Bing Bong Theory

>decades of complaints

How come we never heard any of them until SJWs became a thing?

>People being angry about things I don't care about makes me angry and I'm going to make sure EVERYONE KNOWS IT

Sup Forums has no self awareness

Yeah and I may take a shit in an hour

Doesn't mean it's going to happen

The show sucks now, who cares

Never underestimate the censor's ability to "correct" history.

because in the old days, people didn't give a shit about those people complaining

Now people don't give a shit about YOUR complaining instead. I find it amusing personally

Fake news.

>the simpsons
>A show still on after 30 years in defiance of god and ratings
>giving a shit

I wonder if the complainers ever realize they're only ever going to guarantee all white shows.

I would say the first characters that were removed were Troy McClure and Lionel Hutz, sucks how it happened but the show went on. Edna Krabapple passed away as well. This doesn't phase me one bit, the Simpsons is shit now anyways, it's been losing characters like Carl as well. I would have been annoyed if it was during the Simpsons' prime back then. Then again no one cared and people enjoyed things without getting offended and making a stupid documentary about it back then. That shitty literal who comedian won a battle not worth fighting about anyways.

tl;dr
Who the hell cares about the recent simpsons anymore?

Seconded

Didn't this exact thing happen a few years back?

Nothing came of it. He's drumming up publicity.

I know what you mean

This may not happen, but I want to say this anyway.

Brown people are taking away something from White people.

Two wrongs don't make a right? It was theirs to begin with.

I own all the DVDs for the golden age episodes, that's what I'm gonna show my nephews when they get a bit older.

Because back in the day people were happy to be included (seriously, when the fuck did any Indian character appear anywhere until Apu,) and nowadays people want to be included AND treated as amazing, smart, funny, unique individuals AND essentially be the star of the show.

Look, I'm not saying Apu doesn't embody a lot of Indian stereotypes, but at some point stereotypes and culture combine to create a character you can refer to. Apu has been treated better and gotten more focus than arguably Groundskeeper Willie and definitely more than Luigi, Fat Tony, Akira, Dr. Hibbert even.

Let me tell you as somebody who has worked with Indian immigrants: Apu is a flattering portrayal.

What's weird is that his "stereotype" isn't even racist. I live near multiple convenient stores ran by indian guys with expired food. Not even a chain-gas station. Private ones.

>Brown people are taking away something from White people.
*Yellow

They spend all this time complaining but they never do anything about it really. If you want a smart and overall great Indian character that Indian people can look up to create a cartoon or create some cartoons with a great Indian man or women who is one of or the main character, instead of telling others what they can and can't do with their cartoon characters.

The convenience store is the only slightly racist thing about him, and it's been well established that he loves it and is extremely successful as a result. Plus, he embodies the character of the cheap ass store owner more than the Indian with the 25 letter last name who pronounces everything wrong.

I mean, if Moe ran the Kwik-E-Mart and gave ten cents off expired baby food, would it be any worse? Or if Cletus got shot by Snake on a regular basis during robberies, would that be distasteful?

>Removing diversity to become less offensive

Hmmmmmmmmmm

what if this is just a ploy to get Motu Patlu on american tv

The heebs writing the Simpsons now have no spine.

I think they're butthurt that some asshole kids made fun of them using Apu as their reference because they're both Indian and kids will use any fucking excuse they can to give you shit. And some people never grow up, both the assholes, but also the nerds who think the world is out to get them and those same assholes will deny them jobs while saying "durka durka" behind their backs.

Guess what? I'm white, I was a quiet nerd, I was asked by black girls to raise the roof and if my "male anatomy" was as big as a hot dog, I had black guys pulling my chair's back to rock it and make it look like I was "rough riding." And I had white guys who put me in a locker and threw the dodgeball at my head and made fun of the way *I* talked, using Sunshine from Catdog as reference.

Point being, shit happens to everyone, and the real problem with Apu is that some crybabies are blaming their own insecurities on someone else's creation.

>It's progressive to infuse POC characters into everything
>It's also progressive to remove established POC characters

What, you're saying the other kind of Asians are the ones doing this?

>remove blackface character
>"hurr you're removing diversity"

What IS this asshole's argument anyway (I sure as hell ain't listening to his whining.)

He works at a mini mart? He has a long goofy last name? He had an arranged marriage? He doesn't speak perfect English?

The guy is as normalized as any other foreign character on the show.

Well you see if you remove them from sight then they cannot be offensive, or something.

Its why some of these young idiots are pro segregation

>Character has traditional Indian name, worships Indian gods, but also drinks beer, sings barbershop, and drives a Firebird
>"hurr blackface"

This. What exactly is there about Apu that offends SJWs? He loves his wife, only cheated on her ONCE and regretted it. He hasn't done anything to be triggering that group.

SJWs arent about standards, they're about being offended. If everything goes their way, they find something new to hate.

Watch them replace him with Ahmed the PhD Muslim tranny whose only jokes consist of trying to be snarky by insulting other characters. Watch them blame the character's unpopularity on racism/transphobia.

he's a successful small business owner. SJW's cant stand those

This. He's a mild interpretation of what Indians really are, and i mean the ones who came from India, not those people who a born from the children of those that came from India.

I always use Tracer from Overwatch as an example. In last year's Xmas comic they revealed she was gay, and half of tumblr whined that a) it happened in the comic that "barely anyone is going to see (the millions who play that game read the few and far between comics,) b) she was dating a pretty white girl, and c) that it was a start but simply not good enough.

Im a second generation indian and I agree with you

>SJWs arent about standards, they're about being offended

Wrong. Gumball had it right. They are about being self righteous about being offended.

For one thing, Apu actually speaks perfectly intelligible English. His accent might sound goofy but it's EXTREMELY toned down compared to real Indian accents, which are often so thick as to be nearly incomprehensible especially over the phone. My boss has lived and worked in America for almost 30 years and I can't understand him until I've had 2 cups of coffee, my brain just refuses to parse his goofy accent. I've known this guy for years, too.

why do we care about random made up shit from some nothing website

"ranker dot com" i mean really you stupid faggots?

>ranker.com
who

It extends beyond Indians though. As the Tru TV special pointed out, he is also an interpretation of immigrants in general.

They showed the episode of Habib, Habib and Habib last month and I didn't hear people bitch about that.

>Wake up and smell the Slim-Jims, Habib

It's always the Americanized New York hipster minorities that whine about how they're portrayed by American media, because you never see an Indian guy with highlights wearing an Armani Exchange coat that has an I'm With Her button on it on TV, yet the actual traditional still-live-in-their-native-country folks are the ones that think they're trash and full of literal evil that needs to literally be burned out of them.

In a very general sense, black people don't want to date other black people, Asian people distrust every other Asian race, and Indian people would literally shit on Hari in the street for dating a black girl. I cite as my sources: black guys I discord with, asian guys I play games with, and Hari's own wiki page that is rife with instances of how he was discriminated against that one time by some random no name.

>go to any convenient store
>managed and staffed by hard working indians

??? this is reality?
or just fantasy?

I only seen the first eps where she was on, but she was adorable as fuck. Didn't mind

>Okay, now get rid of Bing Bong Theory

It did always seem a little weird how he gets shot all day. Doens't that make him more american?

They only appear in one episode. For a show that at this point has a cult following that had been cancelled for twenty one years.

That makes him extremely American. Not only had he been shot so many times, a lot of those American bullets are still inside him.

People made Apu impersonations when he was a kid
Seriously, he and a couple of other Indians can't get over it
Also he's voiced by a white guy so that's "black face"

I'll bite.
This site is anonymous, so no one will know. And no one is regularly combing through the archives here. No one that wants to grandstand will post here.

The entire basis of the problem seems to be "it's a white guy doing the voice".

Whoosh.

Apu is more American than any of those pinko bastards.
But when Phil Lamarr or Keith David voice everyone, that's ok? It's voice ACTING for a reason.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

You fucking guy.

He's even been forced to go to Mexico to retrieve stolen goods. We're talking 100% integration into the ways and customs here.

You know what? Do it.
Do a final episode where Apu's kids are getting older and he doesn't want to raise them in Springfield any more so he takes his family and moves away, and he sells the Kwik-E-Mart to some greek guy named Stavros or a Korean or something.

Remove the character. Let the complainers have a "win" and then in a year they'll beg for Apu to come back.

So when will they get rid of Lou and Carl?

Phil Lamaar and Keith David weren't voice actors when Apu was invented. And that's the thing. This is a guy whining about getting teased like 20 years ago.

You'd be doing me a favor, but I think we'd run out of people between the ages of 14 and 24.

And nothing of value will be lost.

Now user, that's different
It's because those characters nationalities and race aren't used for comedy
Apu is the modern equivalent of a minstrel show except with an Indian man instead of a black one.
His entire joke and life is being stereotypically Indian and that's played strictly as comedy

What about the childlike innocence of us 27 year olds?

Just like everyone else in the show?

They don't have to, because there's multiple black guys. The guy's complaint is that Apu and his relatives are the only Indians in Springfield so they represent the entire race.
I mean, it's a GOOD representation, but bitches gonna bitch. I'm willing to bet Kondominium is just angling for a guest appearance or to get to write an episode.

Fingers crossed, another established character may be removed due to massive butthurt, rendering an already ruined show even less recognizable. Let him leave the gas chamber.
In fact, keep removing characters until there's nobody left. Let it finally end.

Without political activists, you'll be able to live in your bubble forever.

>decades of complaints from fans

>After decades of complaints by fans

I love revisionist history.

Dude's a stereotype, so what? Fant Tony's a stereotype, Mayor Quimby is a stereotype, Chief Wiggum, most of the senior citizens are stereotypes. What are cartoonists supposed to do when planning every character for a series they didn't expect would last very long? Not take shortcuts?

We were close when Shearer almost quit. We can now only hope that one of the actors dying will be the nail in the coffin.

I disagree.
Hindus tend to be hard to deal with. Sikhs are bro-tier, though.

That's another weird thing. Sikhs tend to be quiet and cool, and they fit in pretty well while maintaining both their own culture, and a respect for others.

Hindus rented my church's space for a gathering and were offended by the crosses everywhere.

Apparently "making fun of everybody" doesn't work based on the logic that some stereotypes are just more offensive than others.

I mean, I get it, I just think comedy should be a free-for-all, at least when it's actually funny. But making it that way would allow a bunch of extremely unfunny people to spout cringe-worthy racism so I'm not sure it's worth it.

Apu isn't a sikh.

No complaints about
>Tony and his gang
>Willie
>Cletus
but for some damn reason Apu is the offensive one

Just like how Wiggum is a stereotypical useless fat cop, Barney is a stereotypical drunk, Willie is a stereotypical Scot (who's depiction would be screamed at as racist if an Englishman did it), etc.

>Hindus tend to be hard to deal with

That's a new one. As long as you're not in a movie theatre I don't see the issue.

God help you if you're in a movie theatre though.

Because they're all white.
Well, yellow, but you know.

What racism?

Stopped watching for years removing Apu just gurantee me never picking it up in the future.

What?

>one family representing an entire race
Who's doing the stereotyping again?

We've lived too long.

>Ruuuule 34? What a time to be alive.

I hope the man is making efforts to remove Samurai Jack from the air, if he is bitching about a character being voiced from someone outside of their race.

Cry more, bitch

chan has no self awareness
>Sup Forums user points out lack of self awareness
Oh the irony