/hyw/ How's Your Webcomic? #431?

Didn't see one up.
Don't know why one wasn't up yet.
This captcha is even harder to use these days
I hope no one posts one the exact moment I do!
post your work

Other urls found in this thread:

design.tutsplus.com/series/human-anatomy-fundamentals--cms-724
senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
shutterstock.com/
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/
tumblr.com/theme/39018
pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#
discord.gg/rXMbdqP
youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/
blambot.com/
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
capeworldcomics.com/
acidflowers.com/
Ctrlpaint.com
drawabox.com/
line-of-action.com/
quickposes.com/en
calligraphr.com
witchwayswitch.com
tapas.io/series/witchwayswitch
boysland.thewebcomic.com/archive/#ch_103685
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just drew my first finished panel for my comic. Baby steps.

last threadI keep getting an error

Heres a short list of sites that any new fucking autist or Coldfusion will find handy:
>*-Struggling to find that perfect FONT? Create your own using this link;
calligraphr.com

>*-Dont forget to brush up on that ANATOMY:
design.tutsplus.com/series/human-anatomy-fundamentals--cms-724

>*-Whats a list without some reference STOCK IMAGES?
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/

>*-Here's a big fat compilation of CHARACTER DESIGN REFERENCE:
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/ (surprisingly not a typo)

>Links to get a rough WEBSITE started up:
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Dos and Donts for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
>Contact sheet if anyone wants to put information down, like their site and webcomic:

>DISCORD CHAT going on:
discord.gg/rXMbdqP

>Wise words from John Cleese:
youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g

>Invisible Ink:
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf

>Paper Wings
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/

>Fonts for your webcomic on Blambot:
blambot.com/

>Writing Resources:

>Guide to promoting your comic:
miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/

>Comics for makin' comics!

>Got a new tablet and don't know how to use it? Also digital art:
Ctrlpaint.com

>drawabox
>Or just ask YouTube

Shit, I posted before this, sorry about that lads.

Could you delete this thread before there are too many replies?
This should be #432 and I'd like to clear up this numbering error sooner rather than later.

Thanks. I'll remake the thread if you don't mind.

to late apparently
just make the thread and link here

Fuck off Rob

Try deleting your posts image because I have the exact same one and I don't think there's a time limit on that

Who the hell is Rob

Your lines are great and each individual part is great. You just need to work on getting those nice and balanced and you'll be right as rain

That'll only get it deleted
let's just try to remember
to be honest this should be #433 or more. we had three #431s and two almost-threads in the meantime

Some elitist dude from the /hyw/ server that has everybody irritated with his "it's serious work, bois"

woops

>joining a general discord
Well there's your problem
And yet the only server I've ever been active in without drama is a general discord from /vp/, funny how that works
But no I know these threads aren't serious in the slightest, I'm just autistic about numbers

it also helps when trying to look at past threads to find a particular link or something.

New page is live.
Also, this is probably the last time i'll post about Jack Legend here.

Why's that?

Seems a bit too /trash/-y for Sup Forums, if you catch my drift. Not everyone wants to see furry shit, and I'll probably have a better shot talking about it somewhere else.
Also, I posted the wrong image in .

Bull. Other guys have posted furry comics before. Keep posting yours here, I actually like it.

>Upcoming matches

Alice vs Rococo (waiting for both)

Rain vs Milly (waiting for Milly)

Rosaura vs AYY LMAO (waiting for both)

>Concluded Matches

Hel vs Sarah (Sarah wins)

Vryka vs Bryte Suskind (Vryka wins, waiting for Bryte's surrender pic)

Working on lines and colours, nothing much.

>UPDATE

Angel (the dewd) vs Pam (Strawbles)

Strawbles has put up his fight. All we need is the dewd to post his and we can vote.

Good morning all.

capeworldcomics.com/

Here's a preview of the supporting cast of the first In the Power of Stardust issue.

Each one is a public domain superhero. Can you name all four (no points for recognizing the big man in the back).

Alright now things are getting interesting, work on your website atleast!

Another posting of my comic.

Reposting in case there's any good constructive criticism.

More spinoff stuff

Dewd hurry up and post your entry so you can lose.

Preview for the next page of Witchway's Witch

Well user, in the end, I ended up doing it by hand.

T _T

Does Sup Forums allow one to make dumping comics for his own webcomic? Not that I have one but im curious.

Nice.

dump threads*

Making single panel comics about an undead mercenary

>tfw trying to learn how to draw bodies in 3 dimensions
this is gonna take a while

This is how he'll dress for most of it

Im just trying it out of nowhere by drawing a practice comic. Im 50 pages so far and im not sure if im getting better or not but I think I am, just barely. Im also using drawabox but im not sure if its helping me either.

thats one of the trickiest things about art, there's no way to tell for sure you're improving

acidflowers.com/

Got about 3-10 daily readers so I guess you could say it's going alright

Fuck that looks good.

Cheers, I need to fiddle around with the settings in manga studio more.

Guys what's the secret to getting smooth consistent lines in Manga Studio?

Thank you!

practice

and learning when to just let it go so you don't spend two days cleaning up lines when you need to move onto shading/tones/color

I've tidied up the resource list, checking and updating urls, and reorganising things a little.
----------

Here's a list of sites that any new webcomic artist or writer will find handy:

> /hyw/ CONTACT SHEET - add your webcomic site, contact information, etc

> /hyw/ DISCORD CHAT
discord.gg/rXMbdqP

> DRAWING PRACTICE and TUTORIALS
Ctrlpaint.com
drawabox.com/
line-of-action.com/
quickposes.com/en

> STOCK IMAGES and REFERENCE
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/
Character Design: pinterest.com/characterdesigh/

> FONTS
Blambot: blambot.com/
Create your own: calligraphr.com

> WEBSITE
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Dos and Donts for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
Promoting your comic: miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/

> ART and WRITING RESOURCES

> PODCASTS and VIDEOS
John Cleese on Creativity: youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g

New page of Witchway's Witch!

And as always
witchwayswitch.com
tapas.io/series/witchwayswitch

Incredible!

Your lines are pretty pixelated, so be sure to go to brush settings and select weak or moderate Anti-Aliasing.

Be sure to also have a decent (~10-15) Stabilization under Correction.

Live!

Each line in that speech balloon is longer than the one above it. Drop a line break into "to call off // your dog?" to make the text block more oval shaped.

Thanks Nyamo, that means a lot coming from you!

Ah, a new character! Neat!

Witchways' cast seems to consist of 99% cute girls and 1% chupacabra.

That's the general idea. There'll definitely be male characters, though.

he's thinkin' what we're all sayin'!

we call them 'storytimes'

This is a very special pair of CYOAs and I love them.

I'm certain you've missed a few, but sure let's go with this. One of the #431s (or was it another #430?) was really brief.

I'm so glad you do

So who do you think is going to win the bikini tournament thread?

Nyamo and Mitch

Still waiting for their proper submission though

I think I'll be able to tell that after end of this roud

Rain's already got her submission in. I want Nyamo/Mitch to hurry up to. I don't see the rabbit girl winning this one.

art nit pick

your face boundaries/jaw lines never move to match the rest of the emotions you put in your faces, clearly, it's a style, so feel free to ignore but it does irk the hell outa me

Mix matched this one. Fuck drawing tiny skyscrapers.

I'll keep that in mind for the future.

dude you made them a lot uglier and gave them man-faces

I think these particular characters are supposed to have very pointy chins, but that is good advice overall in general

The what?

You are clearly Rob Liefeld.

boysland.thewebcomic.com/archive/#ch_103685

New chapter is up.

This is looking really promising, love the cover art!

This shit is amazing, I'm seriously impressed! Do you have a place you're posting this?

I'm also in love with this design, also the name makes me chuckle.

A new waifu appears!

Why trying so hard with this, user

I'm curious about that too, Not insulting the choice, but it seems just short of baffling that anyone would choose to specifically do fanfiction of this movie, and even then changing it so that it's more similar to the kind of stories that that movie was a sanitized version of
It would be like if someone did a bloody comic with fantastic fight choreography and based it on this

Fixed!

great jorb

Oh! I love him already. I have a soft spot for undeads and I have no clue why. Looking forward to more.

Yes. It's for a comic tournament I am hosting on DA (AATR5). We go live tomorrow.

Whoa, major plot swerves here!

Excellent, I'll look into it then so I can read it. Loving the artwork so far. What's the general premise?

Finally picking up some pace haha. The kids are out of the woods (literally)

There are two stupidly simple reasons - I love what I'm doing, and I am big sucker for some good plot. Let me remind you that mortal kombat cartoon (and HT likewise) was made and still exist basicly for toys and merchendise. Since I have nothing else to do with my life, and I saw some good potential in this simple story - I'm just doing it.

Works for me. I guess the only reason we're surprised is we don't see the potential you see.

been a while since i came back here.

got some more sketches to show to those interested.

That's because /vp/ is pure.

Question- Would you guys follow a webcomic that updated once a month but one chapter at a time? I get frustrated with one page an update comics, and it's absolutely not something I'd like to do for my own comic. I can't realistically draw one chapter a week, but I can do a chapter a month no problem. I just worry about readers becoming disinterested when my comic would update so much less frequently than others.

This looks a little familiar but not very. what's your comic again?
It's certainly an interesting style, kinda 'if jhonen tried drawing anime'

I read some comics like that. They get the job done but i'd much rather read a quarter-chapter a week, or at least a half-chapter a fortnight

I...didn't even consider doing something in the middle. You're a genius, user. I could finish two chapters before launch so I'd have buffer pages and spread them out so we'd still get through a chapter a month. It still gets rid of the issue where webcomics I've been following for years are still in the beginning. Nice.

>you're a genius user
Indeed. and only then
Can't take credit for the idea though, some other comics do that. The new popular model for comics whose every page gets across very little (like a published comic book would) and need to be read in batches is to publish something like 5-12 pages in one go, as often as that is feasible. Our resident The Sisters does that, plus just about anything on webtoons. The updates are a bit short to be considered chapters, but they manage to come out every week or every other week.

I'm currently working on a webcomic but not sure what direction I should take this.

The plot is about a deceased grandmother who leaves Heaven despite angels telling her not to. Yet she does this to help her stressful grandson who feels that the world on his shoulders.

Yet instead of coming back as her normal old self, she comes back as a MUCH younger version of herself, like 10-12.

So basically, she'll live with him and do the same old grandma stuff that she used to do before she died.

But I wanna know if I should make this as strips with the child granny doing cute stuff for the grandson or make a story from this? Personally, I'd like to just do strips of her doing cute granny stuff. What do you guys think?

Looks like I won't be able to get everything done by my deadline, but in the very least I'll try to get the bare minimum (15 seconds of animation, background, sound) done.

On the bright side, if I come back next semester, I'll be able to work on it again. I just hope I can convince some poor sap to help me with it.

That's freaking cute. If you just wanna do funny strips, that's fine. As long as the premise is established in the title so that each page makes sense on its own.
There's no reason you can't make a story later. Plenty of good comics start as strips then transition. Others are ongoing stories but insert funny strips once in a while as a break/treat.
this reminds me of Mamono Hunter Yohko in the best way

if they don't go gaga over this, you're in the wrong school, strawds.

Strips are just fine. If you want to make a story from it later on, that's still open to you. It sounds good, I hope to see more of it.

>if they don't go gaga over this, you're in the wrong school, strawds.

I have some fantastic competition, but I can only hope I don't lose out to the gay furry love story one of the students is working on. I just... can't bear thinking about losing to a gay furry love story. I'm sorry if I sound petty, but... c'mon man.

Artists travel to an alternate dimension where they can summon their characters and fight.

Pick related is the page title placard.

This is really cool user. I like this style.

I hope it's judged more by the art, but... yeah, I hear that

The guy is actually a decent artist. I don't know about animator, but I've seen a few of his furry drawings, they're well done.