Just found out Tartakovsky directs these

>Just found out Tartakovsky directs these
Why does nobody ever talk about them? Clearly someone likes them as there's a third one coming up.

We rather talk abut his better work. Or his failures.

Because the show is mindless shit. If Tartakovsky is directing, then he's phoning it in for a check.

Tartakovsky has nothing to do with the show. It's the movies he does.

We talk about the Vampire waifu all the time
Were you not here for spookytober?

>Clearly someone likes them
Adam Sandler movies are still fairly popular. He basically makes movies as an excuse to send him and his friends somewhere nice as a vacation, and he gets paid to do it because his movies still do well.

I will never have the most furious shits over this.

The concept art for the dad character looked really cool and full of character, but instead we got Adam Sandler in a dracula costume.

Damn, does tumblr or twitter draw fanart of those awesome concept designs? It feels like something they'd do.

Not that I've seen myself, but there are so many fan artists and hobbyists that I wouldn't be surprised if there's a dedicated community for 'what if' designs.

Honestly I kind of like the concept art for this movie but the final product looks so soulless and dull, I can't put my finger on why.

I mean, there's an insane amount of fanart for the black man Mercy concept. It seems possible.

>Honestly I kind of like the concept art for this movie but the final product looks so soulless and dull, I can't put my finger on why.
As for this, I can't help but feel that the transition from drawn art to CGI is largely responsible. CGI has really hurt animation.

top left is fucking perfection. God dammit, this is flynn rider concept art all over again.

It happens in a lot of places.

I don't think it's the CGI itself, but the execution.

You have shit like Rango that absolutely thrived on its awkward designs and was enhanced rather than diminished by being a CGI film.

I think films like the Hotel Transylvania movies are made as fast as possible and as cheaply as possible. Nobody's putting any love into the execution of this movie. Nobody is thinking about how the CGI can be made to be of service to the story, if that makes sense. I'm sure if it was 2D it would still be a piece of shit.

The worst part is that you can clearly see that the line of thought with these designs was that giving him a serious look would enhance the physical comedy.

is there any concept art that you see and you're GLAD it didn't end up being the final design?

Rafiki is the Beast? THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!

or pumbaa, apparently.

It might be unfair to use these, in the early stages I think they were throwing whatever they could at the wall to see what stuck.

>Shantae anime concept art.jpg

I can't stop laughing at this

They're well made, but do you really talk about well-made casserole?

There is something that's bothering me in this film: does werewolf mom have a fetish or something?

Sex for the purpose of procreation isn't a fetish.

It can be.

Still, in all movies and the animated series?

Because of Sandler. I just cant stand the guy on principle nowadays.

let be honest, if she wasnt in it or had a much worse design, would they even have made sequels?

look at zootopia's concept art. shit was depressing as fuck.

>Shantae anime
A bit redundant, no?

>If the movie wasn't as good, would they have made sequels?
Think about what you're asking.

If Lion King hadn't come later I would swear they were just using the characters as placeholders.

Maybe they looked at this concept art and thought "You know what, let's make a movie out of these too."