Hey Arnold The Jungle Movie Bombed

Why did this movie flop?

Other urls found in this thread:

showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-friday-cable-originals-network-finals-11-24-2017.html
ourpastimes.com/how-do-television-shows-make-money-12322965.html
buzzfeed.com/docibrown96/nickelodeon-greenlits-a-rugrats-tv-movie-orders-a-38vov
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because kids don't know what Hey Arnold even is. And if they do, chances are they don't care anyway.

And most adults who watched it as kids are normalfags who don't care about cartoons anymore.

Nobody asked for a movie.

This. Most adults who wouldn't mind seeing it probably don't know it exists. I wish they would have just started airing reruns then made new episodes after a while.

Who was the target here?

Today's children have idea what is Hey Arnold.
Adult now probably don't give a fuck about it anymore.
Maybe some for nostalgia.

How does a made-for-tv movie "flop"? Nick would have secured advertising slots well in advance of airing, and it's received middling reviews at worst. What do you mean by "flop"?

>kids only watch established franchise because I was a special really intelligent and curios kid myself and there's no way other kids would be that mature
genZ is already talking like a 90 year old war veteran and most aren't even 20, what a world to live in.

>Nostalgia
Are you saying Hey Arnold doesnt hold up? Cause it actually does hold up

It's a cartoon-relic in theatrical-form amidst the era of CalArts and Netflix. As happy as I am for the creator, it really didn't stand a chance or make as much sense.

Pre-existing cartoons have had a bad rep in cinematic history anyways.

An entire, literal generation has gone by where the only thing Nickelodeon is known for is The Sponge.

It was rushed and had 0 advertising.

Says who??

he means someone posted the ratings for the movie from only one of nick's like half dozen separate channels that it aired on to make it look bad and now he's just shitposting and baiting for (you)s

a tv movie flopped? what?

It didn't. Why are you trying to push this? You've constantly done this the day it came out and said it failed. Why are you trying to rewrite what happened? The movie did fine and was loved by many fans, even though it had changed and the animation was different.

Found the nickfag.

Came here to post this. It wasn't properly marketed to kids and there aren't enough 90s kids willing to go out and see it.

It flopped. It flopped even harder than Hey Arnold: The Movie back in 2002

People streamed it

He should have gotten with the magic spic intsead of Helga desu. Fuck Helga.

No they didn't no one watched the movie. It didn't even get a million views

What's wrong with Helga?

>show from 1998 gets a sequel 20 years later

DAAAAHHHHHH I DUNNO BOSS

It got about 50,000 viewers which is a massive failure for the network

This has been the case for a while now. I blame the way the internet has accelerated the pace of social trends and awareness of how other people who aren't you act.

No, really, how does a TV movie "flop"? How does the ratings for a production that's already wrapped up have any effect on its future?

Did the movie air in other countries yet?

le why did tjm flop meme
le it only got 200 viewers
le i'm glad season 6 is dead nd buried

Why did you fags give these clowns attention?

Anons have been posting in too many JUSTice league threads and are applying box office logic to a televised movie that also had online sales.

TJM movie did flop. It didn't even crack a million viewers

where was she during the move?
i remember seeing her for a couple of seconds in one scene but that's about it.

No one watched it online

Couldn't afford the class trip because she comes from a low income single parent household.

Now you're just being a liar.

>It's a cartoon-relic in theatrical-form amidst the era of CalArts and Netflix.
Are you really saying the 90s wasn’t an era of CaLArts?

Why are you all blindly believing OP? Holy shit are you all mentally challenged?

Why are you lying so blatantly, dude? The ratings are in the threads, right now.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-friday-cable-originals-network-finals-11-24-2017.html

Probably this, since that's her canon background according to Craig Bartlett. Vaccinations and passports aren't cheap. And getting them on short notice when there is only one adult in the household is probably a scheduling nightmare.

Alternatively, they were pressed for screentime as is and Lila probably wouldn't be able to contribute much to the story other than additional romance drama.

Stop being a faggot.

Didn't Lila just sort of disappear from the show after Arnold got over her? It's really just a continuation of that.

Most people would rather believe lies to laugh and shitpost than acknowledge the truth. Taking bait purposely to shitpost even more is a pastime here.

>Why are you all blindly believing OP?
Remember when SJ aired and people came out of the woodwork to trash the series? So much so that you can't talk about the show without it turning into people bashing it? That's what's happening now. That's what's been happening for years here.

Sup Forums can't enjoy anything anymore, will tear apart new shows and beloved old series' for (You)'s and bringing in company wars faggotry. Most of the people that like something, enjoy it when it airs and leaves this place soon after because it only takes less than 24 hours before the hatedom craws forward and starts to trash it for fun, and when you call them out on it they'll call you a company faggot or just ignore you.

Sup Forums hates everything and would rather see it fail, if only because that's all people seem to do here anymore, that and post outrage twitter comments and box office returns for movie threads.

Sup Forumsntrarians will never enjoy anything because that means they can't shitpost for (You)'s.

There was a Hey Arnold movie?

Normalfags do care about cartoons, it's just that Hey Arnold's standers are far to low to be passable for them.

>Because kids don't know what Hey Arnold even is.
This.
>Made $1.752 million
>Film costed $1 million to make and most of it was Dan Castellaneta's pay check.
It made back it's budget and made some money, digital sales most likely payed off the rest of the film's budget.
It got 1.752 million views.

That's the ratings. Ratings don't equate to what it made. TV is about ad revenue and it probably made it's budget in ad revenue.

Is anyone's enjoyment of the movie and hopes for a new series really that detrimentally impacted by the ratings that this TV movie got?

With in television it's 1 dollar per view.

so, has any new fanart been popping up recently?
I miss Limey

Nah. I enjoyed the movie, and I'll still remain hopeful for further continuation because we know there is interest. Ratings were fine so I'm not too concerned.

Haven't looked, but I hope so.
Limey had great stuff. On a side note, I got pulled back into the dreaded world of fanfiction as a result of this. No regrets.

A show makes money, not by viewership, but by how much a show sells in advertising from the commercials that they air or by how many subscriptions the channel has, if you're going by premium channels.

ourpastimes.com/how-do-television-shows-make-money-12322965.html

>flopped
How does a made for tv movie flop?

But heres the thing, this is not Disney XD, this is nick, a basic cable channel and those get money per views.

>No regrets.

Got any recommendations?

Can we stop having these bait threads?

Most Lila episodes were in the later seasons, though. She didn't even exist until midway through season 2.

So far I've only made it through one in the last week, it's a bit of a long one but I felt the author did well with it. Saw it recommended on another thread earlier in the week actually. Called "Tutoring Arnold." Apparently has an even longer sequel so...there goes my weekend.

Reminds me of the beavis and butthead revival. Its just didn't have a modern audience. Real bummer. I enjoyed both immensely.

Don't believe OP. It actually did well in ratings.

Oh. I still miss beavis and butthead.

Hey Arnold always sucked.

Someone from the show (Craig I think) said that he didn't want to have anyone between Arnold and Helga in the movie

Same. I think B&B revival would've worked better on Adult Swim.

Its always the same autist making these threads. They are so angry, that they had to make up a fake news story saying season six ain't happening, and then Craig himself had to come out and say it was a fake story. It also must be the same person who harps on TJM for re-using a few background shots of the city early on in the film. They have spammed their threads here for a week with the narrative that "the movie bombed guys" because they have a massive bug up their ass about its problems.

Hey, I know the movie has its problems, but the movie itself wasn't a total bomb. I only wish a few things had been left in, and the ended padded out an extra ten or so minutes.

>And most adults who watched it as kids are normalfags who don't care about cartoons anymore.
I suppose I fall into this range, and it sucks. But I simply do not have time to keep up with shows anymore. The last two I watched were Archer and BoJack, and even then, I am a full season behind on both. I think the last time I could have really enjoyed/been hyped about TJM would have been 2012. I was in my late 20s and still had a bit more free time to spare watching cartoons. Alot changed (for me) in five years, and that is also true for the demo watching Nickelodeon now. This movie needed to come sooner, so older fans could (still) enjoy it, and before newer kids basically "diluted" the mix not knowing what HA! was/is.

Not the current strain you're comparing them to, no.

Sure are some credible sources you have here.
Get some gum for your bad breath, since you are talking out of your ass.

I enjoyed the b&b revival.

People had been asking for this movie for years

*ending padded out

That is not remotely how cable channels work. Are you trolling or just exceptionally poorly informed?

buzzfeed.com/docibrown96/nickelodeon-greenlits-a-rugrats-tv-movie-orders-a-38vov

HEY FOOTBALL HEADS LOOKS LIKE NICK GREENLIT A SIXTH SEASON

>I enjoyed the b&b revival.
So did I. MTV obviously didn't care for it, though.

>Why did this movie flop?
Because it was over a decade too late.

>Rugrats getting a movie
Out of all the things Nick are bringing back, this is probably the only one I don't give a shit about.
I mean, I liked Rugrats, but for crying out loud. Rugrats had 170+ half-hours, and 3 theatrical movies. What could they possibly do thats interesting for a revival?

It didn't flop.

And lets not forget that Rugrats also had two spinoffs, one of which that lasted for 50+ episodes.

>implying the internet would lie to me

It's illegal to lie on the internet, everyone knows that.

Holy fuck it's real

>Rugrats movie
Yeah you know, I could go without that. That series is probably one of the only old ones that should just stay dead.

However, 13 half hours of Hey Arnold coming in the next 2 years? I'm freaking ecstatic!

From what I saw the first showing was at 2 AM on Teen Nick and the only other showing was the next weekend at 9 PM

There were only a few, albeit very vocal, people asking for this movie.

Hey Arnold is barely remembered by 20 year olds let alone kids.

The people who remember Hey Arnold grew up and don't care about cartoons anymore.

The people who wanted the movie aren't going to see it until it's streamed online.

Then why does he have Arnold hold hands with princess green eyes?

Nick greenlit season 6 and a new Rugrats movie so suck it memelords.

>reddit spacing

Who cares how it did in terms of ratings. It happened. That's all (if not at least the most) that matters.

I'm sure this is how a lot of the fans feel, and likely how the people behind the show feel as well.

There were only a few, albeit very vocal, people asking for this movie. Hey Arnold is barely remembered by 20 year olds let alone kids. The people who remember Hey Arnold grew up and don't care about cartoons anymore. The people who wanted the movie aren't going to see it until it's streamed online.

But they made this because of petitions of fans asking them to make this movie.

It was meant to be made a long time ago.

Because OP is a hatefag.

I have Elementary and Middle School aged siblings who like Hey Arnold just because Nick airs it for Teen Nick or Nick at Night or whatever the late night slot is called. I know anecdotal evidence isn't shit but old nostalgiapals aren't the only audience.

Pretty sure they couldn't get the voice actor back.

It didn't bomb though

Something ridiculous like over 100,000 fans asked for this movie to be made.

Is there any art of Jungle loli yet

Well, three reasons:
1.) Modern kids don't care about this shit. They're too busy watching Steven Universe and Loud House, assuming they're not rotting their brains with Pewds and Markiplier.
2.) Most people who grew up with HA have better things to do. Hell, it came on while I was at work and I ended up torrenting the thing.
3.) It just wasn't very good. It was too safe and just lacked the grimy, jazzy edge that HA always possessed. 90s cartoons always seemed to have a grim feeling to their plotlines, like Land Before Time gave you the sense their journey was futile and that the kids were just going to starve to death, Goofy's terrible relationship with Max in both movies (that's still hard for me to watch) or the sense of impending damnation with All Dogs go to Heaven. The Jungle Movie just didn't have it.

>Nickelodeon has also told Buzzfeed exclusivelly , that it has orderded 13 half hours of a brand new Hey Arnold series, the new season will pick up after the movie left off and will focus on Arnold's new life living with his parents and his new relationship with Helga. The new series will have more of a continuing storyline compared to the old series back in 1996-2004 where it was more of a bunch of standalone episodes. The new season will have Craig Bartlett serve as Executive Producer and will set to premier on Nickelodeon somewhere in 2019.

No fucking way. This is too good to be true.