In most countries, the word "comics" is used only for American superhero comics

In most countries, the word "comics" is used only for American superhero comics.
The same way you say "manga" for Japanese comics.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QCbaMqyG2tA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well ain't that neat.

What point are you trying to make?

It's true, in the UK they call them "Gypsy-Rectangle Catalogues"

Those countries probably had a comic industry and/or didn't import american comics so often. So they used a word in their own language for comics.
In Spain the word was tebeo.

Thanks OP. Pretty cool to know. I'll remember that.

People who ask these questions are so annoying. Why does there have to be a point? It's a cool fact and that should always be appreciated.

>Comics means "capeshit" in most non-english country

That is indeed the case. The OP's justification for this is a french page. The french call their comics "Bandes Dessinees" (and, likewise, we call french comics BDs). So they use "manga" to refer to japanese comics and "comics" to refer to american comics.

It means "capeshit" in english too

Bandes dessinees for Franco-Belgium comics, literally means drawn stripes. a literal translation of comic strip. actually meaning more towards newpaper comic strips, and didn't evolve a new word for comic books, graphic novels, etc.

If we are going to use forced slang then it would shonenshit or shitnen?

I'm French and I always found this stupid.
There is no point dividing comics by nationalities like that.

I'm french too and I think it's a good thing. Le capeshit sera jamais aussi bon que nos bandes dessinés. C'est comme les étrangers, faut les garder séparé de nous.

Non.

oui

youtube.com/watch?v=QCbaMqyG2tA

Quand tu vas au Chinois c'est pas pour bouffer du kébab.

Exactement

>most countries
So France and Japan are "most countries"? Good to know.

Sauf qu'un Français qui va manger dans un restaurant Chinois n'y va pas pour manger de la cuisine faite en Chine par un Chinois, il y va pour manger de la cuisine faite avec certains ingrédients et utilisent certains codes culinaires.
Or, il n'y a pas de codes commun a l'ensemble de la BD Franco-Belge. Il y a plusieurs écoles avec des codes communs (Ligne claires, Marcinelle, Métal Hurlant...) mais ils ont beaucoup trop de différences entre eux pour tous les mettre dans le même panier.
Et puis si on commence a différencier les BDs es que ça veux dire que l'on devrait arrêter d'appeler Corto Maltese et compagnie des BDs car elles viennes d'Italie et donc sont des "Fumetti" ?

>Cet autisme :rire: