So, how bad are you expecting this to fuck up MCU and Sony

So, how bad are you expecting this to fuck up MCU and Sony

I mean its like Sony learnt nothing after ASM2

Bro I'm sure starting a shared universe around a character whose core value is being a straight twist and subversion of other well know character (who won't be making an appearance in said new SU) is a foolproof idea

>Spider-Manless Spider-Man Cinematic Universe
Zero chance of it being worth a shit. I kind of wonder if this is Sony's way of trying to softly muscle more Sony films into the MCU, but I don't think they are that smart. It sucks because when they come out and are inevitably trash, they won't be accepted as canon and Feige will refuse to touch any character or anything featured in them anywhere down the line.

>Spider-Manless Spider-Man Cinematic Universe

Wasnt it confirmed to be apart of MCU because Sony plans to bring this character in a futue Spidey stand alone movie

You do realize Villains have had multiple spinoffs in comics before you know.

>Zero chance of it being worth a shit. I kind of wonder if this is Sony's way of trying to softly muscle more Sony films into the MCU

The smarter route would have been to make this a standalone movie and then maybe do a spiderverse sorta thing later on

No.

Wait, read that wrong. Yes, Spideylessverse is not a part of the MCU.

Also doing Agent Venom for this? All of these Spideyless movies seem to be centered around tactical mission shit. Going by Silver/Black and now Venom. Did I miss when Sony couldn't just do a Counterstrike universe or MGS?

Not like this though

This "Villain's" existence is based on events with the original protaganist and its unliekly they are going to include that event

To complicate matters further the protagonist is part of a cinematic universe in a symbiotic partnership (see what I did there!) with its original Creator company.

This movie somehow has to fit all that in that mess

No one realized that the official social media account was calling him Tom Hardly, until production finally began weeks later. So I doubt anyone at Sony really care about this beyond what mountains of money they think they see at the end.

How will it work?
I mean Venom gets some of Spideys powers and the spiderlogo... so does this happen offscreen or what?

Certainly but
>Sony film division
>Smart

>Bane takes venom
Venom?

What is the bodycount for this little endeavor anyway? Last I remember it was
>Venom
>Carnage
>Chameleon
>Silver Sable
>Black Cat
>Kraven
>Mysterio

Maybe they'll give up on it after Venom fails so they'll only have wasted Venom and Carnage but I'd wager they probably won't. That's also not accounting for the fact that they'll probably waste a character or two on some kind of a cameo or post-credits scene for their planned trash heaps because it's all connected bros!

What would be the plot of this if its just venom?

The MCU people will disavow any connection to it from their universe if they're smart, and Sony will take the fall.

The Venom Symbiote/Suit/Whatever is gonna be based on the tacticool Venom from Ultimate.
It's not gonna have Spidey's Powers

It's Venom and Carnage
It's been said it's going to have elements from Lethal Protector

In terms of movie popularity though, this character was in the worst Spider-Man movie of the original trilogy 10 years ago, and this is a recast version in a completely different iteration. Venom isn't even nearly as popular as he used to be, and I don't know why Sony is banking on this as a viable franchise to make them money.

Venom's such a small part of Spider-Man 3 and it was so long ago I don't think the general public even remembers.

The next stage of Baneposting will arrive soon.

I don't think SoNY understands connected storytelling

Morbius movie planned too

Venom is the second most popular Spider-Man character

I mean, I think the second most known about Spider-Man character is Mary Jane, followed by J Jonah Jameson or Uncle Ben. When you talk about popularity, you mean popularity with people who read the comics, or watch the cartoons, like we do. What do the vast majority of people who would be in a superhero movie's audience know about Venom? They'd know he was in one of the Worst Spider-Man movies, or they'd know nothing at all.

Older comic book reader here (most of my collecting was done in the early 80's).
Venom is pretty shit and maybe the 30th villain I'd like to see in a movie adaptation of a Spider-Man story, let alone a standalone film.

Fuck Venom. He's the prequel to edgy 90's garbage that nearly sunk the entire industry.

I still pray every day that this movie gets canceled for the third time.

With what we know so far and Sony's track record, there's no way it won't be a piece of shit.

I personally don't much care for the character either. Raimi was right.

forgot to include that the worst thing about this is Venomfags are the kind of fans who will defend this to the death no matter how shitty the idea is, every post on reddit about interviews where execs say "VENOM WILL BE BRUTAL, CARNAGE WILL BE SCARY AND POWERFUL" gets a million upvotes

they don't care that the character makes no sense outside the context of Spider-Man, the fanboys will defend it to death and claim any naysayer is a disney soyboy or something

I mean it's Sony. When do you expect them to make any smart decisions

Other than what the other guy said about SM3, the only thing people know about Venom is him being in MvC

You never know. People thought Deadpool and logan would be shit without the Xmen. Sometimes being isolated is better and lighting in a bottle happens and gives you some pretty good movies.

that's very different, those are clearly set up within the existing X-Men timeline (granted a timeline full of plot holes that makes no sense, but we've come to accept that a long time ago.)

What they're doing with the Venom movie would be like doing a movie about Magneto or the Phoenix in a world with no other mutants, just them and their powers reacting to the real world.

As characters they rely on a world of mutants for context, the same way Venom relies on Spider-Man. Alone he's just some random goo monster, they may as well just make up an original character and have it stand alone, rather than piss off the fans they're trying to cater to.

Not a single person thought those would be shit without X-Men. People begged for Deadpool after the teaser leak and just the words "based on Old Man Logan" was enough to get people hype

Then why are there so many venom shirts?

I think its going to be a total trainwreck unless they somehow time slide it to a spidey-venom encounter

It's not part of the MCU, so probably not at all?

Shock left turn: The Sony Spider-verse films are part of Fox's X-men universe.

Baneom

especially considering that changes made to Sony upper management was not promising

I cant wait to watch this, along with all the mcu fags bitching and moaning

>give rights back to marvel!!

Legally I think Sony is allowed to connect any of their Marvel properties to MCU

They aint got anything else that they have full contreol over to get a part of the delicious pie that is MCU Box office

But Venom arc was great in the SM TAS

Once filming has started there is no going back, if studio has to cut losses even though it knows that it will bomb then it has to do so by finishing the movie and just take the box office they get

>the only thing people know about Venom is him being in MvC

I'm sure a lot of people grew up to 90s animated series and being introduced to Venom there

As far as we know, They can do that with Spidey. But from what I understand, the venom stuff is going to be separate from the MCU. Basically, Holland-Spidey is going to be part of two cinematic universes.

Tom Hardy can do no wrong.
Topher would have been a better Spider-man than Toby.
He was also the only interesting part of Predators

Isn't Venom like Avi Arad's pet character? Like wasn't he the one who shoved him into Spider-Man 3?

Yup, guess who is one of the producers of this movie

I've literally never seen someone walking around in a venom shirt.

This film will end up being kino

It's like poetry, isn't?

100% going to fuck it up because these dumbasses think they can just slap the name of a popular character on something and that's all it takes and it's done.

>they won't be accepted as canon and Feige will refuse to touch any character or anything featured in them anywhere down the line.

This too. They have the perfect opportunity to use the venom/symbiote in Infinity War because it's the closest they'll get to doing Secret Wars. But nope, they aren't that smart. They have no one who really cares about Spider-Man or the comics involved in this production at all.

It's going to suck so bad Sup Forums's going to try to meme-pretend it's the greatest thing ever to piss itself off with bait.

Brody did a pretty good job in Predators. But yea, Topher made it watchable.