Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/97047936/

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/gW6sVuY9
pastebin.com/4hz0mTLN
pastebin.com/QMKTs2S1
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Chaptor
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Anglorilla
pastebin.com/tPht5Amy
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Nuclear_Knight
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Vixen_Six
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Last time:

-Trying to come up with Sorority of Sentinels characters for the GG setting
-Wine Elf adventures through /coc/ concluded
-Seasons Girls had more discussion, finally have some info on the wiki
-The Sup Forumsle plot rough outline was finished at 12 issues
-New pics
-Trading/info cards return
-Random character match ups
-New characters
-Some interest in the Supermoms
-Iron Girl, the Soviet spy who looks like Golden Girl, was created (pic related). Comic scripts followed.

Third week in a row we hit bump limit, and fast last time too.

Did some random cards during the week.

>-Seasons Girls had more discussion, finally have some info on the wiki

Someone needs to draw "The Aristocrat Winter" vs "The Pleb Spring" in the style of Virgin and Chad.

>"The Aristocrat Winter" vs "The Pleb Spring"

Are people without secret yaoi dungeons even people at this point?

Neat, you named her.

I really should get his family on the wiki. So many number puns...

Gutter the bird does not get a lot of attention. I wonder what the resolution to his sub-plot should be.

Last thread he was pitted against Nyxiontus, I think they have that boredom of time abyss in common.

But unlike Nyx, Skull King is able to enjoy any and all sorts of conversations.

Good job on the cards.

Look at this cool customer.

>"The Aristocrat Winter" vs "The Pleb Spring"

I'm not trying to be a butt, or even a stickler for "imaginary" rules, but can the people doing lore/story put them in a public and editable pastebin? It really fucks with the thread's flow to pop in, and see walls of text.
Just a suggestion, feel free to ignore it, if it's trouble.

Yo, these are slick looking edits!
Since they have important info, these should be in The Sup Forumsnservatory right? Is our wiki dude here?

Lurker here seconding the pastebin. I had always assumed that I missed a pastebin in these threads but it just a rare occurrence like actually remembering discussions from previous threads.

I'm also the guy that started pitting two random characters together just to remember older designs like . I pitted him against the Fister and he made her re-think her current life-decisions. Should I keep doing this?

Fuck, meant to link and the Fister was Fistress.

Why not?

Like these charts. If you drew them, like your style.

Space for more important discussion, but screw it, it's dead at the moment.

There's no such thing as a publicly editable pastebin as far as I know. Some of the bigger things we've discussed this year like Bees Knees, Trine, and Sup Forumsle all have pastebins.
pastebin.com/gW6sVuY9
pastebin.com/4hz0mTLN
pastebin.com/QMKTs2S1

A google doc was attempted at one point or another, but it was repeatedly vandalized and not worth the effort, then the guy who made the doc locked it so they had to ask for permission just to view it.

>Is our wiki dude here?
I'll add them eventually. I'm notorious for taking my time when I update the wiki.

I tend to do it in waves.

I liked the random fights, makes you think on actually using the character. I used to try doing that in the threads before maybe 2 years ago. No one ever seemed all that interested though.

the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Chaptor
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Anglorilla

This was a cool random roll. Two intelligent beasts duking it out with swordplay. The gentleman Chaptor against the battle-ready Anglorilla.

How does it play out?

They are both pitted against each other by Madam Danger in her bid to bag at least one them.

Gentlemanly fisticuffs.

The whole Tantrum VS Blueblood fight was a product of randomly rolling.

pastebin.com/tPht5Amy

Let's combine both of these then.

Through a strange turn of events Chaptor finds himself captured and flung into the jungle. Not feeling at home at all, he tries his best to adapt and survive this primal place. Avoiding pitfalls, traps and the wildlife itself, Chaptor was almost unruffled but comes out each situation still dapper. And then a horrible cry rings out in the jungle. The sound of a lady in danger! He speeds off towards the cry.

Running at a breakneck speed, he notices something above following him through the trees. He can't get a clear sight on it with Chaptor running as fast as he can and his stalker climbing through the treeline even faster. Chaptor arrives at a clear field with machinery of destroyed trees at the perimeter. At the far end, he sees the back of a woman sobbing. As he walks closer towards the center of the cleared plot of land, he feels a presence sail through the air coming at him. Chaptor turns around drawing his blade to find a Anglorilla soaring over and past him with his greatsword swinging down towards the woman. CLICK! A four walled fence springs up from the ground trapping the two. Anglorilla crashes into the wall and gets shocked in the process.

The woman's sniffling cries turns to a soft chuckle as she turns around revealing herself to be Madam Danger. She says to the two that finally catching them feels empty, and the whole ordeal of getting these two animals was ultimately a chore. She would rather have them dead and tells them to fight to the death. Chaptor tries to talk the madwoman down as Anglorilla will have none of this shit anymore. He menacingly walks towards a ruffled Chaptor. Within distance, he throws his sword away and adopts a pugilist's stance. Chaptor stares him down and does the same, not to disgrace his challenge. Madam Danger begins yelling telling them to fight like the filthy beasts they were. They ignored her as they began guaging each other before they commence their duel.

>A google doc was attempted at one point or another
We could just have them for the duration of the thread, and since it's almost just 2 or 3 anons going back-and-forth, only them would be making any addition or changes.
At the end of the thread, one of them can just move the content to a pastebin.

The threads barely scrape post count anymore, so it's hardly necessary to bother about saving space.

So, what else do we need to decide on Iron Girl for her to win her space in the Sup Forumsnservatory wikia?

Remind me, is it possible for a GG and IG team-up against bigger threat to happen? Don't remember if The Code says otherwise

Ah, the perfect way to anger her. Engage in civilized fisticuffs.

Now, they have two swords and an electrified cage, child's play to use the swords as conductors to short out the cage.

As said, there's really no need for that. The threads exist to facilitate discussion. I don't know why you'd want to force discussion out of the threads when they're already slow enough as is.

More discussion really. See if anything about her is different by the end of this thread.

I'm seconding this. It's less clutter, and more thread, since it saves on bumps.

I'm certain that it's more akin to the wall of text user was mentioning.

>force discussion out
No one's shitting in your cereal, mate. Read user's post again I think Trine is some self-insert deviantart-tier ass-shit, but it's /coc/, so I respect that being here. But I am also going to hop in and agree that the last thread looked like fanfiction vomit with all the chunky worded posts.

We didn't even discuss Trine last thread.

And I fucking hate Bess Knees x VFT pairing with a passion but I don't make a point to shit on anyone who enjoys that.

I just ignore conversations that don't interest me.

These threads used to be filled with walls of text, if anything this is a return to form.

>I fucking hate Bess Knees x VFT pairing with a passion

You're a montser!

When I didn't see it up before thought someone had made it too early and it had ended up slipping off the board

If you like it, great for you. I'm not taking it away from you.

My point is you're always going to have people talking about shit you don't like or care about, you either accept that people like other stuff and talk about something else, or you turn into some obsessive weirdo.

People being annoyed with anons actually discussing something, having a REAL discussion about something and not just re-posting the same images with little to no substance in their posts, is something that I cannot understand.

So what if the thread has posts that you have to actually follow the conversation up to understand the context of? Why is that an issue? You can't just say "move to a google doc and don't post in the threads anymore" because that defeats the purpose of the threads.
You can't have new people just jump in an add something new or ask questions if all active discussion is forced into a google doc independent of the thread. That's just stagnation.

ha ha working on a Bees/Venus comic script in my free time

It's usually made sometime between 8am - 12pm EST.

Usually after 11am though.

Anyway, now that we have the 12 issue outline for Sup Forumsle sort of done, what happens now?

Haven't had the time to read the whole Pastebin over. But the most probable line of action would be three things.

>Jokes
I believe the idea was to make it a bit funny, so we need more of those.

>Involvement
We sort of had the story go through with a passe mentioning of what characters were in said story. we also had characters that sort of took the backseat to us pumping out the broad strokes. Specifically, the agent and Sup Forumsle himself come to mind.

>Editing
General stuff to see if things fit and don't fit anymore.

So a crazy dance of simultaneously adding meat and trimming the fat.That is if you want to work on it.

I would like more input.

Issue 0 seems to be the only one that's really "done" in that regard.

What sort of sense of humor does Sup Forumsle have or do you think he should have?

At this point, you might as well just replace the stats with the word "yes".

Does Winter have magical mistletoe that forces people under it to kiss?

She could say she does, but really she just forces the temperature down and uses wind to give them a shove. If they kiss or not depends on the angle of view.

Dont know, the code said that villians should be punished and vilians shouldnt be glorified.
Since she is russian, i dont think its that easy to make her herolike.

If IG can be portrayed as being selfish during the team up and looking to back-stab her the moment she no longer needs GG, then it could be code complaint.

Is there any example of Golden Hero hero+villain team up?

Golden Era* I meant, Golden Era

I feel like it wasn't a thing until the silver age, but we are on the line between gold and silver with the Golden Girl era, so it could work.

Perhaps an alien invader, a la Brainiac, whose technology detected the magic dwelling around Platinum City and came to:
1) Conquer it
2) Kidnap the sources of the energy to power his "doomsday device"
3) Find the ideal woman and make her his queen

the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Nuclear_Knight
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Vixen_Six

This is the next fight. A group of 6 rogue villians versus one powerful hero. The crux of the fight would have to be Nuclear Knight fending off Vixen Six's Nuclear Rex.

The third option feels positively Flash Gorden.

Some evil alien wants to marry Silver Queen after picking up Earth's tv broadcasting waves.

Iron Girl could help Golden Girl, but only because she was ordered to survey the spaceship and steal any possible alien gadget that may help the russians

And holy shit, can this team get some more recognition? They're combination of powers and personalities should be elaborated on some more.

Who is their sixth for this job?

An idea for them breaking into a super prison to bust someone out was floated several months ago.

Might be time to work on that idea some more.

The sixth of the job could be Chicken Divine to play it normally, or a more interesting turn would be to have one of Nuclear Knight's female villian be a new recruit to the V6. But I don't think he has any.

As for the prison idea, who was the person being busted out?

Okay, these are pretty cool.

That's the multi-million dollar question (as is their fee).

Depending on who it is could change who the sixth vixen is.

Since they're up against Nuclear Knight, then it'd be the prison floating around the floating city as that is the one closest to where the Justice Sup Forumsmrades are located.

So, it's
>The Satellite
A standalone landmass orbiting the Floating City, operated by the Justice Comrades. With no means of entrance or exit beyond designated shuttle travel, the Satellite's isolation is key to its security, being otherwise a low security facility. The Justice Comrades prioritize rehabilitation, and the Satellite's close proximity to Cove allows easy access to it by superheroes eager to work with the prisoners to try and turn their lives around, and even friends and family members of prisoners with visitation privileges.
Handles supercriminals believed to be of low danger to society, even if their powers are significant. Being as the staff is primarily superpowered, and the largest superhuman community on Earth (or just slightly above Earth, technically) is nearby, it's believed any possible outbreak can be suitably dealt with.

They might end up prisoners there themselves.

Do we have any solo femfalates with floating space travel powers?

>-Seasons Girls had more discussion, finally have some info on the wiki

Which one is the nerd?

I'm trying to search for villian's with spacial powers but none of them are female villians.

Maybe before they got there they took an anti-gravity beam from Squid Pro Quo.

>An Evil Conqueror Alien Warlord picks up soviet TV broadcasting waves of a show about the evil villains of America.

>Of course, these are all Russian propaganda were they turned the heroes into villains.

>The ECAW believes Silver Queen of Platinum City to be the ultimate evil, perfect to be his queen.

>He kidnaps her and it's up to Golden Girl to save her.

>Meanwhile, the Russians give Iron Girl the mission to infiltrate ECAW spaceship and steal whatever space gyzmo she can find.

>GG and IG are forced to work together inside the spaceship in order to survive it's security system

>Finally they beat ECAW and rescue SQ, ECAW escapes promising revenge

>When they return back to Platinum City, GG and SQ arrests IG and take custody of the space gadget she stole from ECAW

>Russian propaganda
That is unnecessary, I think it would feel even more like the 50's if he just fell in love with her because she is beautiful

Winter is a yaoi fangirl.

Yeah, if they can't find someone with the powers they need, they can always find some tech to steal to get the job done.

Maybe he thinks it'll be a challenge?

>Issue 0 seems to be the only one that's really "done" in that regard.
I'm flattered, but even that has pieces that need filling in.

>What sort of sense of humor does Sup Forumsle have or do you think he should have?
I feel there should be jokes about people not understanding Sup Forumsles situation, the heartlessness of film industry, etc. Anything you think would make a few good jokes?

Why is Arctic Vice's wiki page more about her dad than her?

I can only put on the page what we discuss.

Who isn't a nerd nowadays.

I'm coming up blank with jokes. Fight scenes come better to me.

>I think Trine is some self-insert deviantart-tier ass-shit

Oh god, you're right.
But how are we going to redesign the characters/restructure the narratives since I think it's already gained traction as a story?

To be honest, it could go straight to the OC threads without any problems. It doesn't intersect with any other part of /coc/, so it's basically just the one guy's project with input from here. Removing it wouldn't affect it or /coc/ in any way, there are no connections to tear.

I had planned for it to intersect with other /coc/ once it got to the second part. I'm using it as a way to tell a time travel story where time travel isn't total fucking bullshit.

Why do you have to hate on Trine? I have fun working on that.

It was offered to be a crossover later on in the story but it really got fleshed out by WriterAnon and honestly, it would actually work as a solo BUT WriterAnon and I got some plans expanding it even though it may be an Elseworlds /coc/.

I imagine the negativity is that it feels entirely like a separate project. Most of /coc/ isn't invested in the character or the story, because it's very much "someone else's thing". Even crossing it over into /coc/ later on would feel like more of an intrusion than an integration.

It actually works fine in the setting.

It's not any more or less ridiculous then any of the other stuff we already have in it.

I just don't get why it attracts this kind of response.

That's dumb as hell. Almost everything in /coc/ started off as its own thing. Bees Knees was its own thing, Appladay was its own thing, Chaptor was its own thing.

Almost everything used to start like that.

No, no, not just "its own thing", it's "someone else's thing". There's a huge difference. It feels like it belongs to a single person.

It's approached the /coc/ model completely backwards compared to most /coc/ content. Usually it starts out from a prompt that's built around by the community, fleshed out in the threads, and then finalized by an artist stylizing it. Trine started as one person's work that they brought in and are now expecting /coc/ to do the finishing touches on. It comes across as "do my work for me" rather than "let's build something together".

You know you yourself can add some plot points into Trine, right?

It just sounds like that to you because very VERY few people actually contribute hence the less ideas getting rejected.

He came in here asking for thoughts on an idea he had, then drew art based on feedback to the idea, willingly accepted changes to it with no fuss, and hasn't been an ass in anyway.

Seriously guys. What gives?

Keep in mind this was over a year and a half ago now.

>Seriously guys. What gives?
What gives what, my dude? You want people to mollycoddle the guy?

Here's the "nice" version:
Trine is bland and weak.

There. A much softer blow.

And?

A lot of /coc/ stuff is like that. We still come back week after week despite that. No one is making you talk about Trine, any one talking about Trine dosn't make it so you can't talk about what you want to talk about.

What do you even come to these threads to talk about? What's your draw?

lol /coc/ stuff, dingus, what else? It's right there on the thread's subject.
People are just voicing an opinion, and that opinion is a negative one towards a piece of work, and that piece of work is Trine.

If you're going to feel sorry for someone else, and whine on their behalf, at least put some effort in you're whiteknighting.

Basically, the fact one person has had sole authorial and artistic control over the project and that it isn't connected to the rest of the setting in any way just doesn't make it feel like a congruous part of /coc/. Trying to slot some little details in here and there won't change the overall vibe.

This is why a lot of artists who make concept stuff here, I've noticed, try to make character designs which are intrinsically linked to some part of the setting from the very start or very close to it. That's supposed to act as the hook for the greater idea. The exception are the group alt-universes which take off and THEN get artistic attention.

user, I'm not the Trine artist, and I've pretty much come up with most of the current details in the narrative.

You seem to be under the impression that it's just been the one user who occasionally draws the characters.
I enjoy bouncing ideas off of him, but it's a far cry from being a solo project.

I don't see why you care this much about something you don't like, but seeing how this is the only conversation that is presenting itself to me this week in /coc/...

Why don't you participate in the world building of the Trine plot?

Why do you care so much if, when the topic comes up, people are saying that Trine is shit?
And it's like you said, nobody is stopping you from enjoying it, even when people express their dislike of it. You're saying you didn't even come up with it, right? Why are to taking it so hard?

Because the topic didn't come up, it was just some user saying how much they think it's dA trash out of the blue. Most /coc/ stuff is dA tier at best to begin with.
Why would anyone bring up something they don't want to talk about?

Also, this seems to be the only way to keep the thread bumped since the guy who dislikes it dosen't want to change the subject to something they actually want to discuss.

But in the end, it's you pitching to that artist. It's not an open project, it's submitting ideas to an editor.

>Why don't you participate in the world building of the Trine plot?
Why would I? There's not much compelling reason to, I don't have any emotional investment in it. If you imagine that I'm sitting here fuming, desperate to get rid of Trine, you're mistaken. I'm only passing along my observations. I've only kept on in this argument because you have as well.

>the guy
There seem to be at least three detractors, I think.

Then why not tell me what you actually want to talk about so we can talk about that?

The Seasons, I guess.

So Summer got the power by accident, Autumn was recruited.

What about Spring and Winter? Winter's family home was being haunted or something, wasn't it?

Spring obviously got hers first. We had been toying with the idea of one of them actually having a bit of pagan knowledge, right? What if Spring ended up performing the rites by virtue of them being passed down as a folklore ritual for something or other?

Winter was contacted as a prospective candidate and leveraged her candidacy as a means by which to get her family home sorted out. It wasn't quite that it was haunted, it had a bunch of heirlooms with some amount of magical power that got caught up in the Inversion.

It could be fun if Spring knows it all as folklore, and whenever she infodumps ends it with a "like, duh, everybody knows that."

Is she a cultural Pagan or a "Shut up, DAD" high-school Wiccan that gets proved right by sheer luck in the brand she adopted?

So summer is the the only one that got accidental powers? Others where mostly trained to wield them or got some sort of initiation.
Is summer the main character? She could stand in for explaining the setting very well.

It's slightly looser than that.
Spring is either the only one who had some actual idea of she was doing, or she got hers by sheer happenstance.
Summer was led by the spirit of her weapon.
Fall was hastily chosen because Britainment had gotten their act together enough to realize there was something extremely important that had completely slipped their minds.
Winter had a bit more preparation altogether, and is probably from a family with a history of magic and loyalty to the crown.

I'd say Fall may have had the least going for her.

One suggestion had been that Spring and Summer had met up even before Fall had been chosen. I think something like that works better if Spring does actually know what she's talking about, at least a little. Then the obvious follow through is that Spring tracked down Summer by way of magic after Summer had done the rites. They work together for a while with Spring teaching Summer some things before Britainment establishes Fall in the position, and then they come to Britainment seeking her. I think it works out more where Fall would be the main character.

Britainment wants Fall as the leader because she's the one most responsive to working as part of Britainment. Spring butts heads with her because she was the first to get powers and she's initially resistant to even work with Britainment. Summer is good natured, and open to working with Britainment, but not a natural leader. Winter is pragmatic and calculating, and more classically knowledgeable than the others but the sort who prefers not to be thought of as leading even when she's pulling the strings.

Fall is one of my favorite of the designs.

Spirit of the previous Summer girl's weapon is a bit of a stretch.
More like the magical personification of the weapon's stored magical energy.

This is going to sound bad, and I'm sorry, and I hope this doesn't sound shitty, but she looks "too" Asian.

She's the daughter of a Gurkha, so she would look kind of Asian.

What does Nepal look like in magic soaked /coc/ Europe?

Not sure, but Nepal is a fucking long way away from Europe.