NICK IS OFFICIALLY BRINGING BACK RUGRATS, AND ARNOLD AS WELL

buzzfeed.com/docibrown96/nickelodeon-greenlits-a-rugrats-tv-movie-orders-a-38vov

HOLY FUCK IT'S REALLY HAPPENING Sup Forums

but..but Chuckie is dead.

Dude we knew that since 2015.

This fucking sucks though.

Arnold actually demanded a conclusion, not more episodes. And Rugrats became shitty after Dil was introduced.

>This post has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone create a post.

That's one reliable source you got there.

>Buzfeed
>Greenlits
>If you're a 90s and 2000s kids who grew up with great shows like Rugrats and Hey Arnold

Probably them as adults now.

>This post has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed
It's good enough for me.

As long as the Original Creater and Writers have 100% control ill be fine with it.

And before anyone gets crazy, Nick doesn't do "continuations" of old shows. It's kinda the first time they have done this which has shown to be ok. Just look at the Jungle Movie and the Rocko teaser. They atleast have the respect for OG creators and Voices to come back. Or in Arnold's case, fine clone voices. Which is good.

CN on the other had give zero fucks and fuck shit up. Lets give it a chance first.

God, shut up, okay? Christ, is it so fucking wrong to have a little goddamn hope for something good to happen in the sea of shit that is modern cartoons? Fuck off.

Fuck new ideas, let's just keep reviving le ebin 90s cartoons

>is it so fucking wrong to have a little goddamn hope for something good to happen in the sea of shit that is modern cartoons?
Actually yes, it's better not have expectations and then be pleasantly surprised rather than having hope and then feeling disappointed.

>having hope for modern cartoons

Hi tumblr

this but unironically

Tumblr fucking loves modern cartoons

I know for a fact that Rugrats is coming back.

And Fox is selling everything but their news division to Disney in the new year.

Screencap this.

>Hope for a modern reboot of an old cartoon that would most likely have very few or none of the original staff working on it.

Hope is one thing, delusion is another.

Everytime I see a clickbait title in a thread about a cartoon revival I assume it's timbox

Didn't Grandpa die twice?

Also, I am not sure how I feel about a Rugrats reboot in this current time. It's even older then HA! and has been off the popular radar since about the time it aired its last new episode in 2004. This was also around the time that Spongebob completely wrecked Rugrats in terms of popularity, snagging its #1 spot as longest running and most loved Nicktoon.

Rugrats already had its comeback, people forget it was already canned in 1994 but brought back after fans demanded it. It had its time in the sun. How do you even bring back Rugrats after All Grown Up exists? I mean really? I also never liked AGU because all the babies fell into every schoolkid stereotype and became boring and annoying as hell. I often thought if the babies of Rugrats saw what they would become in AGU, that they would neck themselves in the bars of their playpen.

At this rate it *really* feels as if Nick is just trying to cashgrab on its prime years, but like with HA! TJM, it came waaaay to fuckin late for the generation that grew up with it. As a kid born in the mid 80s I would have already liked these reboots back at the start of the 2010s. I would have had time for them. I'm an adult now, ain't got time for that...watching cartoons 'n shit.

Where does it end? Doug reboot? Thornberry's is too late now because of Tim Curry's issues. As Told By Ginger as adults?

>I assume it's timbox
The article has a "picture" of the upcoming rugrats movie and it's literally a timbox drawing, and if it had just been greenlit there wouldn't be any screencaps yet

How is it timbox? He watches Dexter's Lab not Rugrats

But those years were great for Nick

Welp it looks like we've entered a third dark age

As much as I loved Rugrats I can't really see where they would go with it.

At least Angelica's Preschool Daze could open up a lot of episodes. What haven't the Rugrats done? Really I'm getting a "Simpsons did it" vibe

Maybe if they were aged up as well to like preschool/kindergarten

>more rugrats after over ten years with them
No, leave it in the 1990s and bring Aaa real monsters back instead

>they bring back these two
>they don't bring back Danny Phantom
Fuck you Nickelodeon.

So if they did it this way I'd be okay with a rugrats reboot
>All the original cast are adults
>Show focuses on a new cast of babies, so kids today don't have to 100% know the now adult cast of characters to enjoy it but there's enough in jokes from the adults for it to be enjoyable).

Only downside is Grandpa Lou would probably be dead and nowhere to be found and he honestly made some of those original episodes.

They'd have to either 100% reboot it, which would probably suck, or let grandpa lou be dead or an extremely old ass fucking man.

As for Hey Arnold, I'm on the fence. I want more because the movie didn't satiate my want for more of Helga and her miserable ass life but the movie also seemingly concluded it well enough that I don't really know how it'd continue, especially since Arnold doesn't really seem to return Helga's feelings by the end of the movie, he just wants to try to thank her for everything she did for him (not even just in the movie either).

I dunno. If it goes along the lines of The Patakis and focuses more on Helga's life I'll be okay with it, as long as Craig stays on board.

Fuck off Timbox

>Doug reboot
Not while Disney still owns the rights.

Alright! The reboots that literally no one asked for!

He's been drawing Rugrats for awhile, there's been Dipper and Rugrats pictures posted as OPs before for some cartoon he makes

None of you retards are even fucking reading the link or else you'd know it's fake.

Chuckie was recast with Nancy Cartwright before the show even ended.

Stu and/or Didi has the crazy ass grandparent. I think that's an easy enough solution.

Never do cocaine.

It just wouldn't be the same to me. I dunno. Maybe.

>This post has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone create a post.

This article might as well be fan fiction. I could post my own Buzzfeed article saying Nick had decided to buy Disney Channel from Disney, and it would be just as unverified.

and Sup Forums would believe it because they dont even click the damn link

I guess Rugrats will be a reboot(characters going back to being toddlers again) and Arnold will be a continuation.

Apparently Sup Forums is so fucking gullible they will believe even random blogs with no sources. Does nobody on this board have a shred of incredulity?

this is a bad idea

Its funny that buzzfeed wants to be legit, but allows this kind of blatant fake news to just be posted.

The news isn't fake it isn't true

I meant it is true

>Nickelodeon is so incompetent at making decent new cartoons they have to revive long-dead shit to remain relevant

I only want to continue watching hey Arnold because i'm curious on how the Helga/Arnold relationship is going to play out.

Just have Stu be the crazy grandparent now in the sense he's cheerfully snarky on everything. Obviously he won't be a carbon-copy of Lou, but he'd be a source of hilarity as one I'd imagine.

Chuckie was recast when Cavanaugh retired in the early 2000s, same as Dexter

Klasky and Csupo must be over joyed to be relevant once more.

>over 30 people not even clicking the link or seeing any of the posts saying it's false if they don't want to click buzzfeed
>this number continues to fucking rise

Stu is also dead, you realize

Incredibly skeptical about this.

For starters, it says anyone can edit the article, and the article was created by Johnathon Jacobs, and this is his only post on that site.

Also, he mis-spelled "exclusively" in the article, which is another red flag.

It's been 2 hours and no other news sites have reported on it. I'd wait it out and see what happens. But I think this is fake.