Sci-fi comics

I just finished The Forever War and I loved it. Highly recommended.

Do you know any other good sci-fi comics?

What kind of SF?

Im not well versed in the different types of sci-fi.
I liked The Forewer War because it was "realistic" and it explored cool concepts like the relativity of time during space travel and the late stages of the human civilization in the last issues. Also, war is cool.

So... something like that? Is that called hard scifi?

I don't think I can help you for that. I'm more into "wild" SF like what you see in Métal Hurlant.
Maybe Universal War One?

Will give it a try, thanks

>Hyperion will never have a Moebius illustrated complete adaptation

FUGG MAN

Euro comics tend to be more Sci Fi than mainstream US apart from the few here and there and some Aliens/Predator books. Star Wars is trash and the new EU is garbage

Jeff Lemire and Dustin Nguyen's comic "Descender" is pretty good

how does it land

>Star Wars is trash and the new EU is garbage.

Now I won't got as far as to say that, but I will say that Star Wars is making it hard for anyone looking to do SF in the mainstream these days. Everyone is so accustomed to Star Wars that almost anything that doesn't look like Star Wars isn't worth seeing to them.

You could have levied this exact same complaint in 1980

Star Wars really is THE pop culture phenomenon, eh? I can't see it dying as a franchise for the next couple of decades. Hell, it lasted this long, who's to say it won't last twice that time?

Prophet. Really fantastic story, art, and setting

Black Science

Valérian and Laureline
The Metabarons
The Worlds of Aldebaran
aama

Thanks. What about The Incal? Is it any good?

It's Moebius.

How would you even began to authentically present something as fucked as Hyperion?

There was that french comic storytimed not long ago, of some dude traveling around with a "mule" robot thing.
Also, temple of the past is great. Hell, any adaptation based off the work of Stefan Wul is pretty good.

Saga is pretty great.

>What about The Incal? Is it any good?
Art is fantastic, and while it has some rather interesting and creative ideas i don't think it has aged that well. Still i would say Moebius art makes it worth of reading.

It suffers from two big problems. The plot is pretty nonsensical and is just one cool sci-fi idea after the other without a whole lot keeping it together, and then every subsequent sci-fi property ripped off one of those ideas and dug deeper into it.

Hmm. Dream team-

Moebius on art. Sandman era Gaiman on writing and golden age Moore on story boards.

The Eternaut

There is a comic of The Forecer War?

seconding this.

2000 AD has amazing stuff if you're willing to embrace the pupiness of it. Dredd, Rouge Troper, Bad Company, etc.

Fear Agent
Most of 2000 A.D. (Even Slaine during the Time Killer arc)
Grimjack
Nexus

OP here, I finished Universal War One, the story was ok but didnt like the characters too much.

I started Aldebaran and Im liking it very much. Reminds me a little bit to Solaris, from Stanislaw Lem

Thanks for the suggestions

Another Haldeman novel, "Buying Time", was made into a graphic novel by Haldeman & Marvano, the same artist who did "Forever War".

Not many people know about it because they renamed it "Dallas Barr" after the hero.
There's a process which can turn a person young again. Only the very rich can afford it and the price is set at 99% of their assets. They check that you haven't squirrelled away a few millions in some offshore account. So you come out poor, but young, and ready to start building a new fortune to cover your next rejuvenation.

It's on-line as a scanlation in 6 parts.

They made The Forever War into a comic?

Yeah. Somewhat condensed, of course, but fairly faithful. Haldeman gets credit and not merely as "based on the story by..."

Obligatory Kirby plug, especially Kamandi. Omac is also more compelling seen as a sci-fi comic rather than a superhero comic.

Why did you put such a good scenario in my mind? Now I'm sad because it'll never happen.

Pic related is very good and untranslated

Yeah Omac has so cool ideas and really gives you a glimpse into THE WORLD THAT'S COMING.

Have you read Metabarons?