ITT: The New Age of DC (cont.)

Will you be pulling any of the new DC push?

I myself may get The Terrifics and Immortal Men.

Also I didn’t know DiDio was writing one. Is he any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

dccomics.com/blog/2017/11/29/the-new-age-of-dc-heroes
multiversitycomics.com/news/nycc-17-grant-morrison-sideways/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sideways and Terrifics

I support the creation of new characters so I'll give them all a shot reading them online, then if I like any I'll buy the trade

Didio is a mediocre writer for the most part

Anyway I'll see how Terrifics is but I'm not excited about Lemire on team books

Brimstone looks kinda cool. I dunno I'll wait until I see previews.

>Dan Didio writing Spider-man

No thank you.

Op here
I think I'm going to do the same desu, you never know what might be randomly gold in the bunch
Now that you say it, has he written a team book before? Was he bad on it?

I'll check out the Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider and Defenders. Maybe Spider-man for the art.

Depends if Lemire does my man some justice

Will check out the Terrifics

Real talk, why and when is Plastic man an egg in Metal? What did I miss?

which one is defenders?

Kinda suprised how mediocre this lineup looks

It's the only thing that can contain him...

Silly putty comes in an egg

I'll give all of them a try but realistically I predict I'll only be reading the Terrifics and Silencer by the third issue

>has he written a team book before?
Boy, has he
Was he bad on it?
BOY ARE THEY

>Extraordinary X Men
>Justice League Dark
>Justice League United
>Teen Titans Earth One

We all know none of these will last longe, but which is dying first? Which is lasting the longest? My money is in Damage dies first and Terrifics lasts longer.

The Unexpected. It's Classic Defenders (Hulk, Silver Surfer, Doctor Strange and Namor) not modern Defenders.

Terrifics and Immortal Men will last the longest.

Immortal Men will just last a long time because Jim Lee will cause massive delays. I'm expecting all these books to last 2 years max and Jim Lee will turn in his 5th and final issue then.

I do look forward to the jokes about Immortal Men book living a long time due to Lee's slowness

Sideways,Terrifics and Challengers are all books I'd buy.

Everything else I'll check out here first

>Teen Titans Earth One
Going from his run on animal man to that was something else for me.

The sad thing is it's one of the better team books he's written. His X Men one was a literally tragedy.

The Terrifics look like the only book worth buying

So, are the people buying Terrifics just hoping for the best, or do you guys not know that Lemire sucks at team books?

So, they lost cinema race and decided to lost comic race too? WHY THE FUCK DO YOU NEED NEW CHARACTERS? YOU HAVE THOUSANDS OF THEM ALREADY. JUST USE FEW GOOD ONES.

This is Rebirth Magic Lemire, not Marvel Shill Lemire.

The unexpected has me somewhat interested. I am also curious about how DC got Spider-man.

>Fairly hyped
* Damage -- Venditti is usually pretty readable when he's unshackled (see: his Valiant work); a well-used Tony S Daniel might make for a solid house-style-y series
* New Challengers -- Metal is Snyder's baby after all, so you might as well read his aftermath run
* The Terrifics -- FF plus Lemire plus Reis minus Marvel = probably readable

>Tentatively hyped
* Sideways -- conceptually interesting, and Didio is at least an entertainingly mediocre writer
* The Silencer -- JRJR under DC's version of the Marvel Method could be cool; it helped create one of the best works in the TDKR saga in decades
* The Curse of Brimstone -- another Jordan series, but with him as the sole writer. Could be interesting, although I want to read more of his writing before I say I'm hyped

>lol no
* The Immortal Men -- Lee and Tynion are mediocre as fuck, and are clearly bad when their partners are mediocre/bad, too
* The Unexpected -- I'm both happy and sad that people are now aware that Orlando is the definitive example of a "so blah and mediocre that it hurts" kind of writer.

Op reporting in
Dang was Justice League Dark really bad? I was gonna read it
Sad but true
You know the answer to that question

>people still trying to push the rebirth magic meme

Lobdell not being complete shit like before and Humphries being entertainingly mediocre doesn't mean they are good

>mfw DC does Marvel better

The teams are shit though.

Lemire is the best writer there and he's on a team book because DC didn't learn from the last team books he was on.

Terrifics sure
Maybe Sideways

Immortal men is where Batman who Lmaos ends up

Damage looks awesome, DC need more superhero big monsters

I will surely buy it

>Literally a Fantastic Four expy
>Literally a Spider-Man expy
Can't these fags be more original?

Who's the cutie in the top right?

>new CotU

Terrifics only

Terrifics seems the obvious go-to

Really? That's the only ones you see? What about Hulk, Punisher, X-Men?

>X-Men and Fantastic Four
>Literally a Doom Patrol expy
>Deadpool
>Literally a Deathstroke expy
>Ant Man
>Literally a Doll Man and Atom expy
>Thanos
>Literally a Darksied expy
>The Avengers
>Literally a JSA expy

Can't these faggots be more original?

Same. Terrifics looks genuinely good and I'll buy anything for that sexy Rocafort art

No, Marvel universe is literally a DC rip off
>superhumans wearing colorful tights fight the same criminals wearing even more colorful tights every week

Terrifics and Sideways.

Sideways looks and sounds neat and I really want to see what Damage does different from Hulk.

Terrifics I can get into cause I know the characters, I don't know about the rest of the books.

I'll give Ant-Man a pass because he could talk to bugs and shit, and they also took his size changing gimmick both ways and made him fuckhuge as well.

Gonna check them all out, but I only expect I'll stick with The Terrifics.

I am giving Sideways a chance just for Rocafort.

People are interested in Terrifics because there's a demand for a Fantastic Four book that Marvel refuses to fill. Beyond that everything is just hoping against hope that it's decent.

Not like his solo capeshit is any good.

Also the art will be good.

Isn't being artist-driven part of the line's intended appeal?

sideways is the one morrison is going to write for a while right?

>why and when is Plastic man an egg in Metal?
Unknown. Popular theory is that he's in their "incubating" because he lost control of his powers. The narrative in the main Metal books hints that he's going to break out and do something important. The egg shape itself is a reference to his appearance in The Dark Knight Strikes Again.

He's definitely contributed some ideas to it, unsure if he'll take on full writing duties though.

I will check them all out, but excited only for Morrison penned issues. New Challengers sounds the most intriguing to me, followed by Brimstone.

Detective Comics was a rip off from the Shadow

Give FF rights back to DC. Definitely picking u p Terrifics

Hahaha
No
Only Deadpool was similar in intention, but even than he was completly different.
And Ant Manis spot on.

I just realized renaming this from Dark Matter to New Age of DC Heroes was probably a reference to the Marvel Age.

So am I the only one checking out The Unexpected for that sweet, sweet Sook art?

JRJR, Daniel, and Jim Lee are shit.

Shaner and Rocafort are probably the best ones in the line.

Ryan Sook draws circles around those two.

I'm currently onboard for I think at least a .cbr try on all of them.

Damage’s design reminds me of Badrock

Will probably __buy the first issues of each.

I'm excited for The Terrifics and The Imortal Men

>being excited for Tynion shit
>buying Tynion shit
But why?

I like a fair amount of Tynion's stuff

You're gay.

>only pointing out Fantastic Four and Spider-man
user, all of them except New Challengers are Marvel expies.

Silver Surfer

Challengers was the prototype for Fantastic Four

What's The Unexpected and Brimstone? Haven't heard of those.
Also who is in the new Challengers?

What the hell happened to that guy who drew Robinson's crappy Justice book. The story was garbage but the art was fantastic.

Update: just finished Savage Things (Justin Jordan's recent Vertigo series), and I can say I'm hype for The Curse of Brimstone.

dccomics.com/blog/2017/11/29/the-new-age-of-dc-heroes

>THE UNEXPECTED orbits around a group of heroes who yearn to show the world that they’re more than the sum of their past mistakes. It centers in on something we all face every day, wrestling with our pasts and the compromises we’ve made. THE UNEXPECTED is offering a second chance for these heroes, even if they don’t all know they want one.

>Joe Chamberlain is not just your average kid trying to get by in his chewed up and forgotten small town of York Hill—he also unknowingly made a deal with the devil that cursed him into BRIMSTONE! Now with the power of fire and destruction in the palms of his hands, Brimstone can turn his town around and seek revenge on the devil who cursed him—but in order to maintain his heroic form, Joe has to endure every second of the fiery pain burning from the inside out!

>no ascended wizard GM
none of them

That unexpected description is pretty unclear. For example I'm not sure if they are villains turned good or failed heroes. Also it mentions no actual characters.

Do we know WHICH devil Brimstone made the deal with?

Damage, Curse of Brimstone, and the Terrifics looks cool.

New Challengers and Sideways could be interesting.

>The Unexpected
Classic Defenders

>Brimstone
Ghost Rider

>Do we know WHICH devil Brimstone made the deal with?
Mephistopheles

Definitely pulling Terrifics. I think everyone is pulling that
Personally I'll also test out Sideways and Damage. The rest I'll read storytime and decide from then on

>Maybe Spider-man for the art.
Morrison is writing the second arc. I don’t think he ever wrote Spider-Man before so it should be interesting.

Morrison? GRANT Morrison? shieeet

Figures, since Sideways deals with multiversal/dimensional stuff

but man Morrison/Rocafort? definitely buying that

The Animal Man run wasn't even that good.

I was too late to save OMAC. I won’t fail Damage!

The Terrifica
Sideways
DAMAGE

Nigga proof, don't get my hopes up like that

I give him a freebie on the X-Men solely because it seemed that editorial was really balls deep in those books at the time
Shit like Death of X and IvX are so wildly different from the ongoing narrative right up until that point that I can't believe it wasn't meddling from up above.

His other team books are pretty shit though

Yup
multiversitycomics.com/news/nycc-17-grant-morrison-sideways/

he doesn't even use a compass!

He's helping with Sideways

Wew, DiDio then Morrison? They are really putting a lot of weight on Sideways

So what Marvel series are each of these supposed to be?

I’ve read that Sideways is basically Spidey and the Terrifics are F4, but what are the rest?

So bets on when half of these will be cancelled? When the other half will get cancelled?

I think The Silencer will go first.

What are new Challengers? Challengers of the unknown? I mean they did use Challenger mountain in Metal. Picking up the Terrifics and maybe Damage. What's the unexpected about? Don't like Orlando so avoiding that one

Damage = Hulk
The Unexpected = Defenders
The Immortal Men = X-men
The Silencer = Black Widow/Punisher
Curse of Brimstone = Ghost Rider
Sideways = Spider-man
The Terrifics = Fantastic Four

New Challengers is just a modern Challengers of the Unknown. Since CotU is often considered a proto-Fantastic Four, you could argue that it's also a F4 expie but it's a bit less blatant in that regard than the others. Sideway's motto is literally "with great abilities comes great liability." Jim Lee referred to The Immortal Men as "how he would have done 90s X-men." They're using the Marvel Method on these books. "The New Age of Heroes" was the tagline for arguable the most popular Marvel game.

Doesn't DC already have an "Immortal Man"?
The guy who keeps his memories when he dies and reincarnates?

>Andy Kubert
Any relation to the late Joe Kubert?

One of his sons. Adam's little brother.

I'm gonna be buying it for Shaner's art, largely.

Most looking forward to Sideways, Terrifics, Brimstone, and New Challengers. I'll give Immortal Men and Unexpected a shot. Probably won't read Damage and Silencer at all unless they turn out to be really good.