You know Amy, anytime someone calls attention to the breaking of gender roles...

>You know Amy, anytime someone calls attention to the breaking of gender roles, it ultimately undermines the concept of gender equallity by implying that this is an exception and not the status quo

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1512192005045.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well he's not wrong.

Based Knuckles having the guts to call a girl out on matters relating to feminism.

This is clearly a man who holds his beliefs of his own accord and not a nu-male who only holds them to get laid. If he was, he would never question a woman.

>While you bring up a good point Knuckles, the fact is we don't live in a truly equal world yet. Of course I'd like to be seen first and foremost as a great athelete, acting as a representative of my gender can dispell various myths and stereotypes while inspiribg other young woman to go beyond their role. I applaud your dedication to egalitarian issues, though.

A thread died for this.

I miss second wave feminism; when it was about how we needed to find a standard of equal gender equality based on a new metric and not the one set by the Patriarchy, which also hurt and undermined men by making them emotional cripples that feared humanization.

Not whatever third (maybe now fourth) wave is, which is "people who disagree with me were born evil and are incapable of change".

Knuckles is right, but it's too on the nose for me to consider it good writing.

It feels like the writer created a situation in the show that he could use to display a personal opinion of his to a larger audience, since his twitter isn't popular enough or something.

How did they get away with this

>It feels like the writer created a situation in the show that he could use to display a personal opinion of his to a larger audience, since his twitter isn't popular enough or something

It isnt so much that as this show is simply written like Seinfeld meets Classic Simpsons so they can get away with a lot of things, no matter how controversial the statement is.

Dead timeslot so minimal audience.

>Would you please get off your soapbox and just kick the ball?

Boom is all about calling attention to cliches and meta-jokes.

The very idea that Knuckles has a nuanced opinion about feminism but is typically portrayed as a meathead is suppose to be funny on thr fact that even an idiot like him can understand basic gender politics.

>Echidnasplaining

>You said it, Sonic! Tell that SoyCuck and Combination Sandwich Maker/Sperm Receptacle to go back to crybaby tumblr-land if they can't play a real man's sport! Make Antthros Great Again!

Echindas are a marginalized race, you fucking Hedgehog Supremisist.

I'm aware of the show's writing style, my point is that Knuckles' remark just comes across as incredibly blatant commentary. The writers could have at least tried to implement it in a more clever fashion, but didn't.

It just seems lazy, imo. It gives off the impression that the writers were more focused on making sure their opinion was included instead of writing snappy dialogue, which the show is undeniably full of, so it makes this moment stand out that much more to me.

>play new bubsy game
>absolutely awful garbage
>erased it without even completing the first level

Why is this so hard to grasp? I swear to God, this is the direction we should be headed towards, not towards positive discrimination; that's just creating an even greater sense of segregation in society.

Exceptionalism must be encouraged and fostered until it no longer becomes exceptional.

No one can simply decide when that is. True equality will be achieved only when it becomes natural. Until that point, it should continue to be encouraged.

While your view is logical, Knuckles, logic in a vacuum often will not apply to the real world, where a problem's historicity must be accounted for and concessions to rationale are necessary. This is where conflict arises, as neither pure reason nor moralism can provide a realistic solution. Pure adherence to reason creates an inflexible and sluggish progression, while pure moralism sacrifices order.

>"Gasp! Is that an exclamation t-shit?! I've been pawing for that for ages! Please, accept the honor of trading for my 'Trashcan. Me Meow'"

Wasn't even that bad. It was just ok, but mostly short.

Okay, but when will someone start posting Sticks?

We live in a world where journalists actually threw a tantrum about this scene and led to

It's not surprising to me that Sup Forums fucking creams their jeans over this incredibly stupid statement, just because it's a cartoon man lecturing a cartoon women about feminism.
>You know Amy, saying that Barack Obama was the first black president undermines the concept of racial equality by implying that it was an exception and not the status quo.

>Exceptionalism must be encouraged and fostered until it no longer becomes exceptional.
Exceptionalism is what drives true progress and self-improvement. To diminish exceptionalism is to deny the notion that we can become better than what we currently are, both as individuals, and as a society. Complete and total equality is simply waiting for the weakest and slowest of us to catch up. It is a hinderance of progress.

WHY IS THE SONIC BOOM CARTOON SO FUCKING GOOD?

When's the Ankha costume for Menat in SFV?

Not an argument.

That's a false equivalency. Barack Obama was in fact the first black president; that's a pretty big deal in the world's history.
A girl beating a boy in sports shouldn't be a big deal nor be made an spectacle. Girls beat boys in sports all the time, and vice versa.

You're right. It was an observation, genius.

It's a cartoon man lecturing a cartoon woman whose characterization keeps see sawing from "fawning teenybopper" to "gurl power".

It's more like if a Mexican kid basically told Huey Freeman to turn it down a notch.

>any time someone calls attention to the breaking of gender roles
Yeah, what a context-specific statement that I'm unfairly generalizing.

^#!@

Your point being?

This thread is proof positive that Sup Forums doesn't have a sense of humor

But you're falling into the trap of viewing the situation purely from a theoretical view without recognizing we live in an imperfect world. Certain exceptional individuals, born into circumstances beyond their control, might never reach their fullest potential, and we as a society would be poorer for the loss. Not everyone can be exceptional, but all should be granted the chance to reach their fullest potential, and sometimes that means giving underprivileged individuals a leg up that others may not require.

No one cared about it so the writer's went nuts and turned it into an sol show jammed full of social satire and making fun of the Sonic series itself

It's not a false equivalency because it's a sweeping generalization that is obviously incorrect to literally anyone who doesn't want a pat on the back from a Sonic cartoon for being smarter than all those crazy feminists.

Who the fuck are you people?

Struth, mate! Why don’t ya sod off, ya right cunt

WHEN WILL WE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!

Look, we're trying to have a conversation here, if you want to just spout buzzwords go back to the comments section.

How so? It's pointing out that asking for equality while claiming attention for doing the exact same thing as another fellow human of a different condition is hypocritical.

Based Doomguy

What you are describing is literally the exact process by which social progress is fashioned. It's like saying that Rosa Parks is a hypocrite, because she didn't just refused to give up her seat, she did so in imitation of Claudette Colvin, a young black woman who happened to be an unwed mother and therefore was unsuitable as the public face of a social movement. By your logic, Parks just wanted attention and therefore wasn't a true progressive.

sage for I don't want to bump this shit thread again.

And from that day on Knckles has been called a MRA.

You've actually simply state my intended point more lucidly than I did in that sentence. I did not intend to imply we should not always encourage exceptionalism and meritocracy, but instead that I believe there will be a point at which gender equality means we won't have to commend a woman simply for accomplishing something out of the ordinary for her gender.

I do not think it's a stupid statement, because it demonstrates a logical and rational mindset. However, as I wrote, rational thinking must be combined with an educated one that can put those ideas in the context of reality.

I recognize that my own strength is in logical thinking, but am not knowledgeable enough about society, culture, psychology and government to effectively make those ideas realistic, and so I am always open to both refutation and addition by ones with more knowledge than I on those subjects. My own opinions are based on consensus and research rather than solely my personal view.

WA-HOO!

However those were revolutionary movements because they introduced a change never seen before and as such they deserve acclaim. A woman who proves she can do the same as a man, such is the case here, in something mundane and most importantly, something that has already been proven to be possible, doesn't deserve any acclaim. It is a step back in the creation of equality.
All movements start with a push; that deserves to attract attention.
However, all actions that serve to perpetuate a movement, such as a woman working in an office should be normalized as soon as possible and thus given neither negative nor positive attention.
Stop talking about female gamers; talk about gamers. Stop talking about female workers; talk about workers.
We are all different and that's a fact, but in order to see each other as equal as possible we should try to obviate those differences unless it's completely necessary, for example, when pointing out some sort of discrimination related to that difference.
I hope I've managed to get my point across.

>this fucking thread

I hear what you're saying and I agree to an extent. My examples may be hyperbolic but they illustrate my point in well-known historical contexts. However, I don't necessarily think that they constitute exceptions that prove the rule. You're speaking accurately of policy which applies to contexts where gender equality is already well established, but it's not so easy to tell when and where such a context is. Even one believer in traditionalist gender roles can create an environment where feminism ought to be explicitly asserted, i.e. in a household or a hostile workplace enviromment. Anyway, my objection is to the demonstratably false maxim which every mouthbreathing neckbeard who watches this show pretends is the ultimate takedown of feminism.

I like Sticks. Also the satire and meta humor, or whatever.

holy shit

I see your points and I agree with them. However, the moments when equality must be asserted are those that unfortunately have been led stray from normalization. A different sort of normalization might occur, though, one in which a particular gender (for example) is supposed to be put down by the other.
>Yeah, every new female employee has to go through a few months of groping before the boss stops; no biggie, you'll get used to it
>Yeah, the boss here likes to fondle guy's asses. She's like that, don't think too much about it.
That's the issue with creating a new status quo; while better than the previous one you can easily fuck it up and create another situation where we reach a new silent consensus that if not as bad as the original it's still far from being equal.

Of course, that's not what Knuckles is saying; he's barely grasping the surface of a very complex subject. However, I think that particular statement is the first step in the right direction.

This is the only thing I can contribute to this Knuckles Thread
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1512192005045.webm

Good talk, user. I agree. Congrats on getting somone to see your side of an issue on Sup Forums, a rare event by any metric.

Then draw more of her, Plague.

Same goes to you; you've brought up some arguments I had never really given too much thought to. From now on I'll keep them in mind.

What do you want a 21 gun salute?

>It feels like the writer created a situation in the show that he could use to display a personal opinion of his to a larger audience, since his twitter isn't popular enough or something.
Welcome to the world of modern cartoons.

Fucking kek!

I mean Amy going femminist poster girl and getting mildly owned for it is a running gag in the show, it feels slightly more in character when you remember they've been rolling their eyes at her for two years now.

> it ultimately undermines the concept of gender equallity by implying that this is an exception and not the status quo

Wait, what? Did I read that right, or is the writer of this show an illiterate, did he just re-summarize this?

>the breaking of gender roles

Because that's literally what "breaking gender" roles is, it's not implying, it's directly stating that it's an exception, hence the "BREAKING" part, while the "gender roles" is already the stated status quo...Is the writer a fucking retard who likes to be repetitive? What the fuck is going on in this sentence?

The point is that gender roles have already been broken and further breaking is irrelevant.

What you both ignore is the fact that without a main political drive foreseeing and controlling the needs of society, we won't ever have any acknowledgements in developing any unforeseen social behaviours. The human is an egoist, he craves only for himself and therefore he disposes or usurps any means of political organization to achieve his needs, this is embodied in our behaviour and even in the progression of our genes. True egalitarianism will never come to fruition given these circunstances as the human mind doesn't allow it, therefore we must need a social structure to balance out our selfish needs but still have someone or something propel our ethics so we can still be selfless to analyze the problems in society and fight for what we need.

The answer lies in the heart of battle.

I feel like you didn't watch the scene. The entire point was that Knuckles, a big idiot that always flaunts "chicks dig me and my muscles," somehow had a very intuitive opinion about a topic he probably shouldn't.

Why is Knuckles so based?

>Patriarchy

Isn't real. Just because daddy doesn't like the choices you made, doesn't mean there is an oppressive tyrannical regimes of dads trying to undermine you.

I like how later it was confirmed in court that Sonics legal middle name is in fact The

The trannycal regimes of dads are worse though

How do they keep getting away with it?!

Got the Democracy one?

anyone have that one where Amy talks about girls being bad at video games?

because no one watches Boomerang

BABY FUCK
BABY FUCK

>That episode where Sticks became a newscaster
>That entire episode was about fake news

How do they get away with this

IT'S AAWWWWWWWWWWWWW-RIIIIIGHT!

Just because you're okay with the notion that you're suppose to grow up to have no real emotional connections to anything, have a job good enough to have a wife who will willing stop having a life or personality just so you can knock her up with at least 2 children, who you aren't suppose to actually bond with as they're suppose to naturally fear and respect you, while at the same time purposefully shun learning how to cook, clean, balance a check book, interact with you're own children, or how to treat your wife as anything more than a secondary mother you get to fuck at the cost of you not being actually considered a real man if you don't do this flawlessly doesn't mean that everyone else is okay with it.

They openly mocked autism. They perfected it with the hitting himself.

The absolute madmen

reminder to work on your self awareness, anons.

>Mark

nice

It really bothers me how they just dubbed the first season in Spanish.

The last dubbed episode was recorded on May 2016 so at this point I think it’s cancelled here.

I love Boom. This dynamic of two ideologues having a conversation about nothing and Sonic just wanting to enjoy his pasttime is probably too meta for any other now.

>Knuckles is right, but it's too on the nose for me to consider it good writing.
That's the joke. Knuckles and Amy are being absurd egotists for even thinking about this during a game. Like this minor non-infraction is more important than what they're doing at the moment.
Sonic just wants to play the game like a normal person.

Claiming that if a certain individual is exceptional, all within that individuals group is exceptional, is statistically and fundamentally flawed. This is why as Knuckles claimed, solely focusing on one individual seems more like a grasp for straws than an actual argument.

To prove the exceptionalism of a group, you have to show how the group as a whole positively contributes to their sector of the establishment. This can be done by creating a larger sample-size with better representation of a group. Society can vastly improve social progress by focusing on groups as a whole, rather than focusing on an individual in a group.

In conclusion, exceptionalism is hindered when you generalize a group in a positive way. As it reeks of desperation rather than accomplishment. Look at the whole instead of the individual.

> Wahoo!

>Yippee!

See and
No one important watches this show so the writer's could get away with a lot of jokes that would have been canned on any other show

That is true that politics in an influence, however, the fact of the matter is that outdated social norms and prejudices still influence the decisions of the government, and ultimately, the populace. Having a proper system of checks and balances can help remedy this, but there still is the risk of that very system being corrupted by the very thing its designed to overcome.

And while battle is necessary at times, it is important to chose which battles can be fought, and which ones NEED to be fought.

Sonic doing a great job of representing how much I wish politics hadn't crept into literally all aspects of modern life.

>the fact of the matter is that outdated social norms and prejudices still influence the decisions of the government, and ultimately, the populace.
And yet hat you call "outdated social norms" are often times based on the biological differences between the two genders, causing people to prioritize their lives in different ways and ultimately leading to many of the so-called stereotypes that some have made it their business to decry.

The best thing about Boom is that the stories are so cliche yet the character interactions is what makes it so wonderful. You can have an episode with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Sticks, Egghead, Orbot and Cubot stuck in one room and it would still be hillarious.

Wasn't this an episode? Eggman and someone else stuck on an elevator or something?

That's what I'm talking about.

There's one where Eggman becomes Sonic and Tails' roommate.

Who the fuck are you?

I can't hit girls. They're soft.