New to comics here. Is this comic worth reading?

How close is it to what they're doing in the MCU?

What are some good Marvel miniseries/TPBs I should check out?

Like Age of Ultron or Civil War it's just the premise, Thanos wants the Infinity gems to do something, in the comics it's him trying to impress death as he loves her, and in the movies it's for "balance" but we don't really know his motives yet so we'll have to wait and see

the infinity war movie is based on this comic with scenes and characters from the infinity graphic novel as well.

Fun comic, and I'm usually not a crossover guy. The George Perez issues are some of his finest work.

the first half is really slow paced, but once the heroes come face to face with Thanos, it's excellent

Just want to warn you: Thanos does everything he does because he wants a girlfriend.

>Earths mightiest heroes think they can take a guy who snapped his fingers and killed half of the multiverse
It really was a dumb idea on their parts.

Majority of what you read will not be in the film. That being said, it’s a great read. I suggest reading Thanos Quest before Infinity Gauntlet

You first need to read Thanos Quest. The movies will likely be wildly different merely from the fact that the comics greatly focus on Thanos. Even though the Avengers and other heroes are there, Thanos is the protagonist of the story.

They were a bit too eager to jump into a suicide mission. Adam was lucky they were gullible.

>How close is it to what they're doing in the MCU?

Probably as many standard deviations away as you can possible get while set being considered a deviation? Prepare to be disappointed after you read that and realize what Marvel COULD do but is too lazy and shallow to even try.

Also they could have made the movie poster look exactly like the comic cover there, with the lines forming from the stones... But watch them not do something cool like that too. It's asking too much.

>What are some good Marvel miniseries/TPBs I should check out?
I recommend Tom King's Vision, Ed Brubaker's Winter Soldier, Matt Fraction's Hawkeye, Lemire's Moon Knight, and Annihilation

Yes

>I recommend Tom King's Vision, Ed Brubaker's Winter Soldier, Matt Fraction's Hawkeye, Lemire's Moon Knight, and Annihilation
One of those is not like the others.

>not liking the REAL Hawkeye

Looks too good to be official.

Someone storytimed the whole miniseries on Sup Forums a few months back. It is damn well worth the read, especially if you are preparing for "Infinity War".

You can tell it's not from the guys watermark, and the fact that thanos doesn't look like that and neither does the movie logo.

Yeah that's what I'm talking about, it's not that hard of a concept, but simply too good for graphic designers who spend all day on twitter and tumblr and half ass their jobs to actually grasp.

Oh I know it's fake

Yeah I was agreeing.

Why are movie posters so shitty?

>Why are movie posters so shitty?

Like I said in that post, they're "graphic designer" type people who are just lazy people who like to use their macbooks to pretend their artists. They're like the type of people who aren't creative, but want others to think so since they have tattoos and piercings look like a creative person. But in reality they're just there to do the easier then possible and fuck off on social media all day.

this is not an avengers comic nor a crossover it's just a tale about thanos and is a good story

>balance
the comic also talk about it thanos even show the surfer examples of overgrowing life becoming cancer

he was certain thanos would once again provide an opening to his own defeat