Why was Mabel such a bad character? most of the writing in this show was good...

Why was Mabel such a bad character? most of the writing in this show was good, but she was always selfish and cause the events of the finale to happen, with no one even mentioning that it was her fault or that she should take any responsibility for it. Weirdmagedon 2 is all about Dipper trying to convince Mabel to not be selfish. Bill even calls her out in the puppet episode. I get that her and Dipper are parallels, intelligence and compassion, but she seems more compassionate for herself than for anyone else.

You'd understand if you had a sister.

She wasnt, your just a pathetic cunt who thinks its edgy to hate on the cute character

why are you remaking this tired subject?

Sisters are always bitches. I know this because I have one and I am one.

>most of the writing in this show was good, but she was always selfish and cause the events of the finale to happen, with no one even mentioning that it was her fault or that she should take any responsibility for it
>complaining that the writing is an actual realistic portrayal of having a sister

Sisters get away with things and get to make up rules that suit them at any particular moment

Hirsch based Mabel off his real twin sister and I think in trying to make sure people loved Mabel like he loves his sister, he ended up making her kind of grating if you watch the episodes in succession. She's selfish but that's how girls Mabel's age are (go visit a starbucks after school and hang out a minute. Teenaged girls think they are the FUCKING BEST THING EVER, especially when they're comfortable around friends or family and don't censor themselves.

I understand the hate but also don't fault Hirsch for writing her that way since it's pretty accurate.

>Why was Mabel such a bad character?
Nope. The thing is, Mabel is about enjoy the moments and Dipper wish his kid/teen moments end up faster. Dipper wants to be an adult because he feels he's ridiculed as a kid (and he's kinda right), Mabel enjoys the fact she's a kid.

I think one of the points of GF is, you have to accept even your closest friend is very different of you, but he/she is still your closest friend, which applies to both sets of twins in the show. Plot aside, you're kinda compelled to cheer for the twins, it's just sounds like Dipper is the impaired one because he's the protagonist to Mabel's deuteragonist.

What genre(s) of music do you think Dipper and/or Mabel would listen to?

Inconsistent writing

If I were Dipper in Weirdmageddon Pt.2 I would've told Mabel right away that Ford was kidnapped / possibly killed, and Stanley, Candy & Grenda are in danger and need their help. If she still refused to leave than she's just a irredeemable piece of shit.

>Dipper is the impaired one because he's the protagonist to Mabel's deuteragonist.
How so?

You... DO realize you're ragging on a 12 year old for being immature, right?

Do sisters usually cause events of finales to happen?

>most of the writing in this show was good

it was written from the pov of nice guy™ Dipper.

The problem is not Mabel being immature, it's her getting preferential treatment.

It's a common boner with writers. If you have two main characters, you show one as successful (Mabel as a social well adjusted being) and the other struggling (Dipper's awkwardness and all), so you'll cheer for the awkward one as the one you want to see "win" for a change.

Dipper: Pop girls band music, maybe jazz
Mabel: All of them, mainly rock

She's just a rambunctious little girl character, you take this cartoon way too seriously.

>Its okay cause i know its wrong

the show is written from the pov of the male, dipper is genuine and mabel is a projection

>Dipper
ABBA-esque bands, Top 40 musicians, and some alt-rock, such as TMBG and REM

>Mabel
Boy bands and Top 40 musicians

Mabel was mad because she was based on a real woman.

/thread

>All of them, mainly rock
>not all of them except country and rap

How book smart is Dipper?

Season 2 was garbage

Alex Hirsch is an Sjw antifa virtue signaler nu male cuck (not even shit posting) so there's that.

Everybody's guess is that Disney kept him in line during season 1 but they gave him full control for season 2.

Mabel was based on Alex, Dipper was based on his sister.
We're never really shown. He has above average deductive skills and apparently has an affinity for math, but we're never shown how smart he exactly is. He's no prodigy like Ford was.

Well my sister killed me, so that was kind of a finale

>it's another GF circlejerk thread

Weirdmageddon Part II was completely missed opportunity. We should have gotten Gravity Falls meets "For The Man Who Has Everything", instead we got more wacky Mabel shit.

But no one's even mentioned shipping yet.

Which is why realism is not necessarily a good thing. Real life is filled with awful people and questionable shit everywhere that would make for a real mess of a story.

Dipper had to give up the one single chance he had of being with Wendy just so she could have a pig, as well as the one chance to fulfill his lifelong dream with Ford just to get her to escape her own nightmare fantasy realm by ensuring that he'd always be with her and give up anything and everything for her. Hell, we can even include giving up the chance to make the world a better place when Waddles became a super genius if we want. We could include a LOT of things.

But what did Mabel ever give up for Dipper? What did she do for him in the endgame? Not a damn thing. She just acts like a spoiled brat to the 11th power and gets her way for it with no consequences, whether she's called out on it or not.

That's what makes her so irritating and what makes the finale even more frustrating. Her being based off of Alex's real twin sister doesn't automatically make it better or okay. The whole universe feels centered around Mabel whenever she gets upset and wants something and it bends over backwards to make sure she gets it at the expense of others. Mainly Dipper.

Fantasy or not, that's bullshit.

Above average

>cause the events of the finale to happen
It was not really her fault.
You don't get how stories work.

This. Fuck realism, I want a good story SU also suffers from this because of muh realistic portrayal of trauma impairs a character´s development

This realistic portrayal meme needs to die

Why nobody gets that this is true?

>Why nobody gets that this is true?
But everybody does user. Look at yourself, it's been almost two years since the show is over, yet you're still here with the likes of you, constantly making and visiting these threads, circlejerking each other about how that one little girl character from a kids cartoon acted like a bitch and that made you butthurt. Why are you trying to pose yourself as some sort of a minority/victim, when in reality, every single GF thread on this board pretty mich boils down to "I hate Mabel and want to fug Pacifica also Hirsch is a hack"?

Well, that´s right. Maybe I should say why Mabelfags are such obnoxious apologists