ITT-villains who were objectively right

ITT-villains who were objectively right

So many iterations of him are just petty and stupid, but DCAU Lex was top tier.

I agree, Lex is my favorite villain. If you want to read another great version of him then read It's Superman! by Tom DeHaven, great book.

I objectively want to breed Poison Ivy

she wouldn't even need to use her pheromones on me

>I objectively want to breed Poison Ivy

this is the worst sentence I've read in years, congratulations on being a retard

Something about Ivy was always such a turn off for me, and Idk what it is.
I like redheads, and I don't mind the green skin or the villian thing.

Honestly, on out of all iterations of Iby, The Batman Poison Ivy is the one that I really hated, because it was this kid who just fucking did environmentalist crazy shit because she "read" somewhere. Reminds me too much on the idiots who go on tumblr and just reblog stupid shit without thinking.

Poison Ivy needs a rework, and fast. They focus too much on her being a "misunderstood anti-hero" bullshit, and she's paired with Harley too often which results in both shipping cancer and ultimately making Ivy stagnant. Go back to focusing on eco terrorist, have her be a serious problem for The Green, SOMETHING! Also I really dig the Atomic/Infinite Crisis design

Uma Thurman

what did he objectively mean by this

All-Star Superman Lex is also 10/10.

She'd probably just have like a flower suck your dick or make you fap into a Venus fly trap or something.

Fuck, forgot pic

I think the pale/green skin IS the turn-off from me. She looks better with normal flesh tones. Also, her green skin usually comes with powers, and I'd prefer it if Batman's superhuman enemies were as limited as possible.

get out ivyleague

I disagree the pale green skin is hot. And i dont mind superpowerd bat villains especially when they add variety in it. As cool as black mask and ventriloquist are you also need a ratcatcher and cornelious stirk

You would find it a nauseating way to die.

I don't think the Number Man gave a shit about anything except dicking around with the economies of the world.

You could also refocus her from being "harls girlfriend" to being someone who is trying their best to figure out where Pamala begins and where Poison Ivy starts. Think about it, there could be a fine line where her actions are her one and where the actions of plant take over. Somewhat of an anti-hero thriller.

>flowerjob

I’m not seeing a downside here. Flower petals are fuckin’ soft.

Well, she is a villain. Makes sense she'd be WRONG, right?

>have her be a serious problem for The Green
Why should she be a problem for the green? She should be like the evil counterpart of Swamp thing, nature savage and vengeful. While Swamp Thing works to preserve nature and keep a balance, Ivy works to reclaim the world for nature. Which means the wholesale destruction of cities and their infrastructure - not necessarily humans, though billions would inevitably die from the fallout if she had her way because yknow no electricity no modern shelter no medicine etc

Agreed.

I never fully understood why she was considered evil.
Outside of "re-education camps", her goal of uniting the kingom under one rule to combat outlaws and organize resources seemed completely sensible.

Thats the appeal of fascism.

And I don't mean like meme fascism like pussy antifa bitches think anyone who disagrees with them is a fascist, I mean she was a legitimate fascist, "a form of radical authoritarian nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce".

The good thing about fascism is, if the great leader is capable, then it tends to be a highly efficient and stable form of government.

The bad thing about fascism is the great leader is very seldom capable, and even when they are, it's stability and efficiency seldom outlives said great leader. The flaw of any government structured around a single charismatic individual, no matter how right and good and just and wise they are, is that these kinds of people are the exception - not the rule. Not just among dictators, but among human beings in general. It is therefore inevitable that if the Fascist state does not transition to a different form of government after it has solidified, it will eventually fail.

Avatar could have explored this but of course it didn't because it was written by dummies for children, and therefore had the nuance and depth of a rain puddle. We are essentially asked to simply take for granted that Kuvira is wrong and bad, simply by virtue of the similarities of her behavior to other historical strong-men and her willingness to weaponize the spirit realm.

The goverments and corporations in the marvel universe are evil and should be destroyed, and there are a lot of conspiracies going on. Death to Stark.

The only Luthor I know of that actually won was Red Son's Lex. The guy created the triple.

>Death to Stark.
Fuck off you Commie shit. Imma build my Mars Colonies, and they're gonna be GREAT! It's gonna be a YUGE success!

Shes a problem for The Green because she doesn't understand that its part of the delicate balance. If she had it her way, all fauna would be plant food for her mutated abominations. Her actions do more harm than good, and Swamp Thing is basically her superior shaking his head at her nonsense

>korra
Get out

Im really excited to see him in antman next year, i love that panel of him spouting conspiracy theories to other super villains in prison

GOAT

This.

I know the original ATLA wasn't perfect, but it was a kid's show. A shockingly, unnaturally good kid's show. It got away with what little it could on Nickolodeon, and made what it could get away with extremely effective. We didn't need to see Hama(old lady Bloodbender) getting her fingernails torn out during her time in prison, we didn't need to see her get waterboarded while tied up. Just seeing her in those inhumane conditions was enough to get across that the modern fire nation is a fucking problem that needs to be resolved.

The new show is a fucking wreck, written by two "Artists" desperately trying to surpass the original on every level and failing. They power-scaled the fuck out of everything, added a mary-sue metalbender village, nonsensical metalbender police force, boring pro-bending matches(It's like the writers never watched sports anime before deciding they wanted to write the bestest one ever of all time ever), and the most excessive spirit BS ever. God, the anti-humanism of the spirit stuff is disgusting. And they didn't even help defend republic city! That's like the one thing annoyingly hypocritical nature metaphors are SUPPOSED to do, to try and earn their keep! It's so fucking dumb it hurts!

I think the worst part is that I can't discuss how much it sucks with anyone I know. Everyone is either full "omg doesnt care its just a cartoon stop having standards and tastes its cringey and elitist! your tastes aren't superior! also i liked it and my tastes are superior so fuck off" or they already know it's shit and agree with everything I say about why it's shit.

I just wish there were SOME good things about LOK, so there'd be something to talk about.

>because she doesn't understand that its part of the delicate balance.
To be fair, neither does the green.

Forget the eco-terrorist angle altogether, Poison ivy's best characterzation was always being a stone cold bitch who manipulates people.

you mean DCEU

>him

Oh, you don’t know?

>its going to be a girl
Fucking dropped

Young Justice Lex is also pretty amazing. What a smug motherfucker. The only reason he’s not the best is because we’ve never seen him interact with Superman.

Or she'd make fun of you for being a little faggot and fuck your ass with some sort of phallic plant, all the while berating you and pumping you full of aphrodisiacs so that you cum over and over again.

>everything Ghost said is factual correct

I don't know if I'm prepared for a female Ghost, but I read she still will be a paranoid anti-corporate terrorist - so... maybe it will work.

Press is now saying that it's a "romantic comedy," so expect her to be a jilted ex lover, maybe a member of an old heist crew

Jesus, literally EVERYBODY hates Stark at this point. How did he manage that?

Mostly what said. Although not forget the ecoterrorist angle completely, I think Ivy works best in sort of a noir setting. Someone who can manipulate people with sex appeal and pheromones. Someone who can poison someone with a touch, a prod, or a kiss.
I'd go more for her earlier portrayals where she was always disguised as someone or other so you simply never knew who could trust. I feel like her control over plants and the like should honestly be a secondary power. Like a last ditch effort kinda thing whcih she only uses to snare people, make getaways or even combine them with her natural athleticism so that she can bewilder someone or give herself a home field advantage.

>Sticking your dick into what is essentially a sentient cocktail of toxins.
I think it'd be easier to just kill yourself, user.

>d

maybe in the animated batman she was redeemable I have no idea about her in the comics. That ep where she tried to have a good life with plant clone people was a lil sad.

lol forget herpes this dude would have a serious case of poison ivy on the dick

seriously. Why doesn't anyone mention him in these threads?

What would this Poison Ivy smell like? Flowery? A thick smell of pine? Like rotten vegetables?

What does a Nuclear Fallout smells like?

>Waifufags, everyone.
She literally. Feeds people. To plants. Occasionally they'll give her a morality pet like Harley or those orphan kids, but she never stops being a vindictive murderous cunt.

There typically polluters so they deserve it

Keep telling yourself that buddy. I'm sure Audrey II with tits will return your love one of these days.

Ivy is just Harley's lesbian friend with benefits these days. The whole ecoterrorism thing is out the window.

Hearing "Poison Ivy to the rescue!" in that toy commercial gave me a headache on the spot.

Well God's and Monsters Lex also "won"... somehow.

I know I shouldn't be, but I'm really fucking sick of lesbians. They're in everything, and they're always there at the expense of something more interesting.

Harley Quinn's one and only interesting thing is that she's a cool-ish woman(Or idiotic slutty famewhore) the Joker turned into his bitch. Seeing some loser go though the stages of learning to live life without being controlled by a man, it's fucking boring. You could do the "Harley recovers" plots with a woman Sportsmaster captured, seduced, and press-ganged into becoming Hockqueen, and it wouldn't change a thing. You could even set her up with... I don't know, The Riddler. He suddenly has a hot cousin now, so they can be in lesbians with each other if the editor's demanding lesbians again.

The Joker's gimmick was that he's a crazy unpredictable chaotic asshole. Whether that means he'll do something stupid involving smiling fish or try to "Prove" everyone's secretly one bad day away from going insane and evil like him depends on a metaphorical coin toss. Do him right and he's a fun character. But when you focus too much on Harleen, you can't make The Joker fun for fear of making the feminists think you consider brainslaving a girl fun. There's a reason why villains and their goons stay bad instead of trying to join the Justice League as some kind of backup second squad.

...Now I want a story where a bunch of DC villains and thugs "turn good" and decide they want to work for the Justice League as a backup second squad, they all fucking suck at being good, and it's one big comedy.

>t. Kyle's mom

Is it not the otherside of the bad boy, "I think I can change him" cliche? I can "make her an honest woman" sort of deal, though less rooted in morality change?

>rooted
Dohoho

The Batman Adventures comics made that episode be her redemption and the green Ivy from TNBA be a plant clone she made to keep Harley company.

but he doesn't have big titties so I'm skeptical.

Didn't she originally present herself as a vegetarian; wouldn't have made more sense if she were a carnivore?

But that is literally exactly what the Green wants and the only reason they don't get what they want is due to the other Kingdoms counter-balancing them, and Alec bring able to tell them to fuck off.

That's the central twist of Ivy, that when she's at her most murderous and seemingly delusional, she's at her closest to doing what the Green wants, though not what it needs.

But isnt the entire point of choosing a human, a child of The Red, so their Avatar shows restraint? Even the Parliament of Trees knows this. The rest of The Green however wants to run wild. But I do think Ivy should pop up more in Swamp Thing related arcs, and perhaps get more creative in her designs

That picture is pretty much Black Orchid. Anyone know what her deal was in New52? I never finished her old ongoing series and never read JL:D

Well yeah, I'm not saying she -should- be carrying on that way, I'm just saying that due to her circumstances (and assuming we're talking about her most powerful incarnations) she doesn't really count as "evil" or even necessarily "human" since she can talk to plants and they really are telling her to kill and Swamp Thing should really be taking responsibility for her and teach her that like 90% of the time she probably shouldn't listen to them.

Ivy isnt a good person, she's a mutant who values a flower's life over a child

Not always, like during No Man's Land for example. And I'm saying that those priorities are directly in line with the Green's, particularly their post-Flashpoint versions, not to vindicate her but because they also suck, and her primary failing is having less will power/ability to see beyond the Green's most shortsighted and petty desires, despite him being just a disembodied consciousness that makes a body out of whatever plant life is handy

There was this one shot in the 80's called Luthor: The Unofficial Biography. Great read and portrayal of old Lex.

"It's just a cartoon" probably has the worst application there is when it come to Korra since the reason the first series was loved so much was because effort and attention went into the show.

As for the thread itself, it amazes me how poorly they handled Vaatu and Braava's characterizations considering they ultimately decide Vaatu was right. The whole point of Yin/Yang philosophy is that they're two halves to a complete whole. Jackie Chan handled it the way it's supposed, where both halves ultimately aren't evil but also can't properly operate apart.
It's pretty clear that Season 2 on some level was supposed to go along these lines, where Raava's original desire to keep humans and spirits apart was becoming outdated and Vaatu's desire to bridge the worlds was more in line with how Republic City bridged the nations.
The whole point is that harmony only exists if both halves work together and EITHER one in excess is unhealthy.
But instead it's written in the western mentality of good and evil, Vaatu is evil and bad and needs to be crushed so that Raava can win and stay on top for as long as possible. Fuck, for a spirit of pure chaos, some how Vaatu has the power to just force spirits into doing his bidding because he needs to have a generic evil army on top of it all.

All of this would've been avoided if he just changed his name to something more normal. I get that you've got pride for your home country but don't blame us cuz your name sounds silly in our culture. Anyway he's fucking dead so whatever.

Cant wait to see what theyre doing in Ward

Kuvira was right, just had a shitty approach about it

Also the mecha was cringy

I didn't even notice.

You know what I find funny?
That when it comes to entities representing abstract forces, Western, individualistic cultures are more likely to go for the 'Too much Chaos is evil' approach than Japan, where 'Too much Law is Evil' is more common than it is in the West.
This tends to reverse itself when it comes to organizations as story forces.

weird thought: Ivy and Ra's are both environmentalists if I recall, right?

Have they ever done a teamup?

>Ra's wows Ivy with a collection of plants he's kept alive in a greenhouse that have long been thought extinct

Ra's would likely consider Ivy as an abomination to existence and have her killed. He's all about the whole "nuke everything, start over with the chosen few" mentality.

Injustice 2 is doing just that is the reason why Harley and Ivy break up

Came here to post this.

I'm honestly surprised Ra's didn't appear as a playable character in Injustice. Would've preferred him over Damian, honestly.

Okay this looks really cool.

Is that you Mr Dini?

Her best ending could have been her No man's land story

Remember that time Stark actually did have mind altering satellites? And She-Hulk called him out on it? Of course you don't.

He was the Mary Sue of the show, so fucking cringey at times,

He's the Bumblebee/Wolverine/Batman of the series

They can't let Ra hang out with metas...

in one of the most stupid plots ever

Honestly this character looks like he came from the essence of Kingdom Hearts. (and I don't mean just from this picture)