You think we'll get a new campy Batman show soon? TTG is popular, maybe it'll convince Warner Brothers

You think we'll get a new campy Batman show soon? TTG is popular, maybe it'll convince Warner Brothers.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tFb2NExVIWU
youtube.com/watch?v=1lOkHWeyiBI
youtube.com/watch?v=F4zlC8jAISk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>silly batman series
>expected it to be shit
>it was fucking epic
youtube.com/watch?v=tFb2NExVIWU

Maybe not another show, but we're somehow getting more BtBatB next month
youtube.com/watch?v=1lOkHWeyiBI

I really hope this movie is our gateway to more BATB.

I MUST have that Crisis on Infinite Earths Musical.

I'm conflicted. On the one hand I'm all for more BATB, on the other hand this just seems like bland Scooby Doo antics take the central stage.

I hope so, edgy Joker needs to go.

Given the craziness of the Scooby Doo movies, I'm hopeful that the movie will be great.

Fucking this. I want Joker to be a cartoony asshole that throws ACME bombs and considers committing crimes an art form.

I understand wanting Joker to be a scary and formidable foe but I really think he should be a balance between Silver Age Prankster Joker and Murderous Psychopath Joker. Something like the TAS version was.

Eh, I don't mind a one-off like this, but BatB had a good, complete run. It's not the DC cartoon that needs a revival the most.

Could an edgy Joker work as a foil to a campy straight-man Bats? Like, say The Joker's just be some twisted fucking psychopath slasher in the same vein as Chucky or Freddy Krueger with a stupidly high body count, but Batman can just plot-hax the shit out of him effortlessly, then warmly offers him a chance to rehabilitate himself every time he wins.

the worst case was the Young Justice Joker. Seriously, where's the fun in that?
youtube.com/watch?v=F4zlC8jAISk

We have enough Batman. I'd rather see a show about someone else for once.

Brave and The Bold knew when to take the kid gloves off to give the viewers some serious moments. "We Are The Doom Patrol", the episode revolving around Joe Chill, and more. The camp and the seriousness was well-balanced.

With how TTGO is popular and how the DCEU's grim tone has been widely panned, I wouldn't trust a new, campy Batman series to deliver the same overall quality as Brave and The Bold.

Why not simply gave a new season to brave and bold instead?

Because it reached past syndication numbers and the showrunners are working on new things.

Also, unlike Green Lantern or Beware the Batman, or most action cartoons for that matter, it had a satisfying ending.

This is all true but I still would like that Crisis on Infinite Earths musical TV movie they originally had in the works. Brave and The Bold was a huge love letter to the whole DC Legacy so it only made since for it to have a TV movie based on Crisis on Infinite Earths like it was suppose to.

If WB considers doing anything else with BATB I hope it's that.

Gotham is campy as hell.

Justice League Action (except with Bruce - and a few others - probably because Conroy doesn't want to do it as conflicting with his tone and resume) - although it's not as good (partially due to running time) as BatB or the more humor based episodes of JLU like the Thanks Green Lantern episode with Booster.

I'd also prefer something else than a Batman based show.

Besides, they already have this; they have all those direct to DVD Lego Superhero movies, and they have the cachet of the Batman Lego movie to do that as a regular on-going. The main problem with the DVDs is that they have writers who are treating it as crap for pre-kinder and young elementary kids, versus something with more of a Lego Bats sensibility.

JLA was campy but now its dead.

I just want a new batman series to be honest.

whats the source on this crisis on infinite earths muscial i kerp seeing

I want them to revive Beware the Batman for a couple more seasons before moving on.