I work at Comedy Central and have some South Park gossip for you

I work at Comedy Central and have some South Park gossip for you.

Parker and Stone legit planned to ignore Trump/Garrison this season. Really they did. But Comedy Central decided to be dicks and forced them to continue to make fun of Trump.

There are several Comedy Central executives who have massive hate boners for Parker and Stone. They irrationally blame them for Trump getting elected since "they didn't bash him enough" in the lead-up to the election. They know Daily Show and the Opposition are huge big titted flops. And that the two shows don't have the pull and influence that the John Stewart version of the Daily Show had or even the Colbert Report. So they want to fully leverage South Par to bash Trump and bash him hard.

Their leverage against South Park to make Parker and Stone bend the knee was two-fold:

1. Threaten to not renew the show once the current contract expires

2. Threaten to move the show to a dead zone timeslot (Friday night or Sunday night).

As such, this meant that several planned episodes had to be shelved. This included the planned AWESOMO and Woodland Critters sequel episodes (which hopefully might see the light of day late on).

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/news/book-of-mormon-recoup-267128
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Of also note, some of the elements from the last couple of episodes were originally planned for seasons nineteen and twenty.

Some of us at Comedy Central believe that the Heidi/Cartman relationship this season is supposed to mirror the current strained relationship between Comedy Central and Parker and Stone. The Doubling Down episode in particular, in terms of the sort of resigned "we can't fix it but we can't leave" apathy that has poisoned the relationship. Parker and Stone clearly want to leave, but don't want to deal with the consequences of leaving Comedy Central and the financial security that relationship gives them to do stuff like Book of Mormon. Similarly, Comedy Central is the abusive boyfriend who is gaslighting Parker and Stone to betray what they believe in, by way of veiled threats and "implications" that leaving Comedy Central will ensure they get tarred and feathered for the sins of Trump.

The Heidi/Kyle/Cartman love triangle was supposed to be Butters instead of Kyle. The original plan was that Butters would steal Heidi from Cartman at the end of seaon twenty. This would then kick off season twenty-one's original planned arc of Cartman Vs Butters.

The Woodland Creatures would return as a multi-episode trilogy arc story called "AWESOMEO Vs Woodland Critters". The plot would have ran around Halloween as the season's Halloween "episode(s)".

The plan would be that Heidi and Butters would write a play called "Woodland Critters vs AWESOMO", with Butters as the lead playing AWESOMO. The main four would end up playing the Woodland Creatures and there would be a lot of meta references to how badly the main four treat Butters over the years in the play's plot.

Who gives a shit south park is trash

lmao faggot

Portions of the plot for the WCvA arc would be incorporated in the "Son of A Witch" episode. In the trilogy script, the dads still do their "Jack and Crack" party week. And one dad does bring a spellbook with them (in the original script version, it's Randy who does). Randy creates a portal that summon the Woodland Critters to Earth and in the process, Kenny's dad is killed and Butter's dad is captured and gang-raped.

The Woodland Critters ultimately lay seige to the school on the night of the play. Randy is trying to cover up what happened and the Cartman/Butters feud comes to a head with Cartman beating up Butters, but at the cost of losing both of them Heidi (who gets killed by the Woodland Critters).

The script for Woodland Critters vs AWESOMO was sent to Comedy Central so standards and practices can review them (this is a case on trilogy episodes; since they are worked on ahead of the rest of the season). It's a pretty good three parter and it's a shame it was shelved due to Comedy Central.

PC Principal was originally supposed to be written out in season twenty by way of him falling for a new Vice Principal he hires. The Vice Principal seduces him, which allows her to terrorize the boys at schook/let the girls terrorize them with impunity as part of the aborted Gender War storyline. In the end, PC Principal is forced to take the fall for the Vice Principal when Garrison foils her scheme and reconciles the sexes.

Theyve hardley mentioned trump at all m8. I know your a buttmad Sup Forumsfag but this kind of blatent flas faggotry is pathetic even for your kind.

Prove it

>Parker and Stone legit planned to ignore Trump/Garrison this season. Really they did. But Comedy Central decided to be dicks and forced them to continue to make fun of Trump.

As if Matt and Trey give a shit what CC thinks. Try again.

100% bullshit. I hope you get ass cancer.

This is the kind of "my dad works at nintendo" rumor that even a mildly retarded middle schooler wouldn't fall for.

Matt and Trey aren't pushovers like this
example the South Park movie

>Theyve hardley mentioned trump at all m8
He's been a major character in like 3 of the episodes this season

>The Woodland Creatures would return as a multi-episode trilogy arc story called "AWESOMEO Vs Woodland Critters". The plot would have ran around Halloween as the season's Halloween "episode(s)".
>The plan would be that Heidi and Butters would write a play called "Woodland Critters vs AWESOMO", with Butters as the lead playing AWESOMO. The main four would end up playing the Woodland Creatures and there would be a lot of meta references to how badly the main four treat Butters over the years in the play's plot.

I know this is fanfac and shit, but that would be kind of cool. Basically Butters calling out the gang for being assholes, which would tie into the season 18 plot of everyone hating Stan and co.

Butters doing what Kyle has done this season makes more sense, when you think about it.

Butters is a ticking time bomb as it is, and if Cartman humiliated him and got Heidi killed, plus the humiliation of his dad being raped by animals, he could go full on super-villain.

Hell, they could even have him using his troll farm army to rile up Garrison to bait him into nuking Canada.

So why don't Matt and Trey go public and tell the execs to go fuck themselves then?

Same reason they didn't just walk from the show when 201 got censored.

Parker and Stone are many things, but poor fags they aren't. They've gotten too used to the steady stream of money South Park provides them to ever go back to being poor fags.

Remember, they basically bankrupted themselves doing Book of Mormon and it took them two years to make their money back. And they were lucky, as most musicals take YEARS to earn their producers money back. Plus, Trey married his hooker and now has to feed her and her kids by other men, along with paying off his drug dealer for his and his wife's weekly fix.

So basically they fucked themselves to death by not building up enough savings for when shit ever shit the fan

RIP

But Trump never sexually abused Paul Ryan. That's something only President GARRISON would do.

I'd give you a "cool story bro" but honestly it's not that cool. Mostly it reads like bad fanfiction.

Hey OP
If you're not a lying faggot spoil us on how the next episode goes.
No vague details, give us a specific joke that nobody can predict or just clear cut what happens

Yeah load of crap OP confirmed for fag

>I work at Comedy Central and have some South Park gossip for you.
The Nintendo Switch will have Sunshine 2, my dad works at noa

>bankrupted themselves doing Book of Mormon
>bankrupted themselves doing a Tony-award winning musical that still has shows to this day
I'm pretty sure that did the opposite of bankrupting them, user.

But Book of Mormon made back its budget in just 8 months.
hollywoodreporter.com/news/book-of-mormon-recoup-267128

stop larping and go to bed underage

>This included the planned AWESOMO and Woodland Critters sequel episodes
Aaaaaaand this is where it stopped being believable.

But even ignoring that, Matt and Trey have enough money now they can just leave and do something else if they want to.

this please. make our week.

I mean, Mr. Garrison's personality in the show is basically unchanged. He's just President now, instead of the 4th grade teacher.

And it doesn't seem like he's getting criticized that much. Only thing I remember was Butters lightly prodding him with the wall and the immigrants, which I thought wasn't much of an insult than just facts.

Hell, in season 20, Mr. Garrison explicitly tells the people not to vote for him. What more could these "producers" want?

OP is a huge lying faggot.

Matt and Trey have never been scared of Comedy Central. They even said that they are just going to make episodes until CC cancels them and they wouldn't give a shit.

Well yeah, Trump hasn't actually done anything Garrison's been doing even in S19/20
But he's clearly Trump's stand-in and everyone seems to agree that Doubling Down was about how Trump supporters are doubling down on their "abusive relationship" with Trump due to ridicule, or whatever

Honestly I really don’t know why Matt and Trey never tells CC to fuck themselves and leave

Because they still like making South Park?

>10 weeks of work in a year
>Makes probably the same amount as a full years salary along with any other pet projects like book of mormon.

Gee I wonder why. Any other animation company takes a full year to make a set of episodes, they do the same amount of work in 10 weeks and probably get paid in the same amount from how much they saved in costs.

>10 weeks of work in a year

Wasn't 10 weeks the midseason break? Didn't they start shortening the season to work on their videogame and play?

Man. I miss the longer seasons senpai.

My dad works at Trey Parker and Matt Stone, next episode is just Butters just dabbing for 22 minutes

He gets grounded in the end

They started doing 14 episodes a season in 2004. That's like an extra 4 weeks of work compared to the 10 they shit out now. So I doubt they did it because of any extra projects and they just went down to 10 episodes based on what they wanted to do, or because of a contract.

As far as as your question of mid-season breaks, typically when they did the half season break it was at the end of April. The season would typically start in March, end in April, and then start up in October or last week of September. So it was longer than 10 weeks.

My dad works at Nintendo, he confirmed Randy for smash

>CC cancelling their cheap-to-make, successful show just when the franchise is releasing more games
>around the same time they lose all their other golden geese like Jon Stewart, Colbert Report, and Key and Peele
>and all attempts to replace those shows have failed or only achieve a fraction of the success
OP, that's retarded. Comedy Central may be stupid, but even they know cancelling South Park is the equivalent of scorching their own network.

south kino

>AWESOMEO Vs Woodland Critters
Someone draw this

Does CC even have a show that could feasibly replace South Park? All their attempts to make another cartoon usually fail after 1 to 3 seasons.

Not when every new show has been the same fucking thing of "FUCK BLUMPF" and unfunny hosts

Bullshit, Matt and Trey have threatened to leave before over shit like when CC wanted to stop them doing a muhammad episode
They are rich enough to have 'fuck you' money and ratings don't concern them

Best post in the thread

What even is South Park's budget? I always assumed it was low because of the small staff, 1-week production time compared to 9 months like other cartoons, and no expensive voice actors like Tara Strong or Phil Lamarr. But how does their budget compare to other animated series? For instance, how does its budget compare to Rick and Morty's?

Trey and Matt would be billionaires if they made cute Karen episodes!

They got a lot more staffers to work on the show since the documentary came out. Making a small group make a show in a week is just plain cruel.

I actually do work in a writers room for a low end youtube red show. Regardless, writers rooms all work much the same. The only way you could know any of this is if you were also in the writing room which means you're either on staff as a south park writer, or blowing smoke.

My guess is you're an underage blowing smoke.

>I actually do work in a writers room for a low end youtube red show
I hope your next job is better.

Me too mate, shit sucks. I'm hoping for tech work on a better production, but youtube was willing to hire post-grad students for a good buck so I figured what the hell. It won't take off, there's nothing of value worth saving from any of these productions.

1 to 2 grand.

There was one interview where Matt/Trey said they wanted to back to episodes where would Cartman fuck with Butters. I did think it was weird how we haven't seen any hint of that yet. Maybe next season. And I do get "this shits getting old" vibes from the latest episodes. The skits where Terrance and Phillip are doing the same shit only this time they're really old really spoke to me.

"this shit's getting old" moments happen every now and then. Like in that Cancelled episode where the Joozians mention how shows that last more than 100 episodes get stale and rely on wacky and stupid plotlines, as the show itself was nearing its 100th episode. Or in Quest for Ratings, where all the kids are in a writers' room bored with no ideas and ultimate decide to bail.

Synopsis in less than 18 hours! god I’m pathetic

it's okay we're all pathetic here user

Speak for yourself faggot. The only pathetic ones are the shipping faggots and fetishists. I enjoy south park but as an actual adult and not an autistic 15 year old anime fan.

It’s the only thing I’ve been looking forward to lately. I was very pleased with last week that we got heavy stuff, I hope the finale doesn’t disappoint.

>watching old episodes
>stan and kyle playing together as best friends
oh fuck it hurts

Predictions for where we go from here:

>Kyle dies
>Back to normal, but Canada is wasteland
>Queef sisters in "not without my cervix"
>Timeskip

I predict that literally none of those will happen

Must feel nice to not make a prediction yourself lest you be wrong.

I predict
>kyle does not die
>no time reversal
>no timeskip

Is it really easier to believe all that bullshit rather than believe that Parker and Stone changed their mind about commenting on the elephant in the room? That they maybe thought people would be sick of hearing about Trump but then decided they wanted to do a different, slightly more sympathetic angle covering the "why" behind Trump supporters?

Keep pissing in your mouth, gargling it, and calling the noise "leaks" while hoping idiots looking for confirmation bias believe you.

How often did south park do full page freeze frame text like this?

is that cartman and heidi?

I want the Heidi/Cartman relationship to die. Honestly, Cartman's character is revolving around his girlfriend at this point. It has been going on for two seasons, and I wish it would change. Fat Heidi was the best thing to happen to this plot so far, but it can't keep going. As much as I hate things resolving with a time reversal, if it meant returning Heidi back to background, I'd accept it.

Nah, it's Mackey and Choksondick, from "Proper Condom Use".

The only reason the cartman/heidi relationship won't die this week will be if they have more ideas for episodes about the two of them together
which is actually possible if this week doesn't involve them two of them working together on some malicious scheme. There's actually a bunch they can do with two cartmans that work together in a dysfunctional yet stable relationship (which is what they seem to be now)

Sure, but, they'll have to be rid of her eventually? And what is the better way to it? In a season finale.
TFBW had the best Cartman, and that game involved no Heidi whatsoever.
I don't know. Not sure if we want another season of Heidi, even if she's just a more assertive copy of Cartman. This kinda kills Cartman's character.
New season had pretty good moments overall, but most people agree that the weakest points were Randy episodes and plots focusing on Heidi/Cartman.

I agree, I'm ready for cartman to be on his own again but I get the feeling that given how attached they are to continuity now they might be reluctant to kill her off for good

They don't need to get rid of her at all, she can just fade into being "Cartman's girlfriend" as a character.

Yeah we will ask you a question only someone who works for CC will know the answer

This guy is speaking the truth. Trust me my dad works at Nintendo.

The nuking scene was funny as fuck. I hope i'm not in a restaurant or something when NK drops its A-Bomb so i wont laugh my ass of thinking about this scene

Can it really be the best cartman if he gets Mitch Conner involved?

It would take quite a bit of fading. The two have been attached at the hip since they got together, and probably will be even more so now that Heidi’s getting clingy

>I work at Comedy Central

Sorry, I stopped at there.

Mitch conner was funny in FBW

Craig is left handed?

Then why didn't they do that already? Why bring her up almost every episode, why make her the center for several episodes in a row? Because she can't just become "Cartman's background girlfriend". Because then her character loses its point. Wendy has a personality outside of Stan. Charlotte didn't have a personality outside of Butters, and now she is (most likely) gone. Heidi not only was an empty character since day one, she is now a character completely devoid of her traits, serving only as Eric Cartman's female copy. Just like Vice Principal Woman and Miss Conduct. They have no reason to exist except for being female versions of their love interests.
And characters built like that just become pointless. They eventually get boring and then completely forgotten. Because every episode involving them has to be about their relationship with their partner. Nobody wants a "Cartman x Heidi" show. There is no point in having a female copy of a character.

I don't think they care about little details like that

>tfw this is all a "female ghostbusters" parallel

>his head is more circular than oblong
A disturbing sight. Good thing liane turned him back

I'm pretty sure than in class shots Craig writes with his right hand like all the kids.

>They irrationally blame them for Trump getting elected since "they didn't bash him enough" in the lead-up to the election.
I know you're full of shit and all but I don't understand why people keep pushing this crap. I keep seeing people say this and I don't get it. They had two entire seasons of shitting on GarrisonTrump.

I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder

It's just the focus of the season. You are overthinking this shit way too much. Ignoring the serialization segment, she will get focus this season, by next episode something will happen that will resolve this shit or by next season it will go back to a status quo. Like how cartman went back to status quo from last season. Matt and trey just want to mix things up, that's all they want to do now. They are tired of the status quo, but at the same time are a slave to it because too much change will fuck the dynamic of the show. Just like why they brought back kenny after killing him off. They have always changed things up, chokesondik is another one. Crabtree dying. She will fade out after she stops being flavor of the season and they come up with a new idea next season to focus on. Matt and trey have a fetish for serialization and will keep trying to do it on a smaller scale like the heidi thing.

No you don't understand user
Just because the episode on the eve of the election had garrison literally outright say "vote for hillary" doesn't mean they couldn't have done more to stop trump

I worked on SP as a sound designer for 3 years during seasons 3-6. What does Trey wear every Sunday jam session no matter what?

>Just like why they brought back kenny after killing him off.
I always assumed this was done to get the people bitching off their back and so Kenny could continue to be merchandised. They waited like 7 years after that to do something with him and his main gimmick is barely used these days.

Because they are mad they lost and instead of admitting the person they dislike to be a superior and more charismatic candidate and giving them any sort of positive compliment that would make them look good compared to Hillary. They would rather blame everything including the wind for why he won and clearly it was a pure fluke that wouldn't of happened if it wasn't for these mythical factors that they keep reaching for.

I mean yeah, but I'm sure their popularity was fading as well. Timmy wasn't a good supporting character to the dynamic. Kenny could offer more than "TIMMAH" but they got thier jollies, changed things up and brought back the status quo. Like the whole you're getting old episodes were just two episode arc to express mat and treys feelings to producing the series. It's always the same shit but different. They are sick of the same shit, it's boring and they hate it. But in reality like how the episode ends, they admit they are salves the status quo and must go back to because a major altering event like stan breaking away from cartman/kyle/kenny would totally fuck things up and they gotta keep taking right turns to keep going.

Timmy wasn't a supporting character in season 6 it was Butters, and then later Tweek, and then Kenny's soul. And Butters offered a lot to the group dynamic.

>They do this for a season, how do you feel?

This was made by one of the artists working on the show.

One episode would be amusing but any more than that is too much.

>yfw there are no teenagers in south park, only adults and kids

>Stan looking chad as fuck there

are these guys not teens?
Also Skyler

6th graders are not teens. There were 8th graders but they were retroactively made 6th graders at some point.

They look collage aged. So no. I'd rather see them as 6th graders or hell, even go as far as 9th grade.

Scott Tenorman and his friends are supposed to be 9th graders.