So DC’s final boss is just some guy who wants to solve an autistic math equation?

So DC’s final boss is just some guy who wants to solve an autistic math equation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WasIt3RzC8A
youtube.com/watch?v=sjlsfrtkxOI
youtube.com/watch?v=e7LxbuaSxRA
youtube.com/watch?v=xNbc-px0lyg&t=57s
youtube.com/watch?v=mwETs2Xti6U
youtube.com/watch?v=ivXZnG7bZLM
youtube.com/watch?v=4cG4BNJBXBU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>DC's final boss
That's not the Empty Hand

>DC’s final boss is math
Truly the most feared villain of them all

Any common warlord can tediously conquer planets one at a time. He's not Mongul. Darkseid wants to impose his will on every sentient being in existence with one fell swoop.

Yes.

Darkseid isn't the Final Boss. Hell, he's not even really near that position. He's powerful beyond all belief, and is one of the mightiest threats the multivere has ever faced, but he's Mid-Boss tier at most. He isn't even a threat on the level of spoiler related, and that's just a mook.

Mandrakk is DC ultimate evil.

can't argue with that

That ain't Krona or Barry Allen

His father was a moron who tried to breach an impenetrable cosmic wall that devours anyone who comes close. It’s in the blood

This. Barry basically destroyed the entire universe. No one is worse than him.

No, he's a guy who wants to give order to the universe by having total control over every living being, which requires the removal of their free will, and to do so he needs math and shit.

I always disliked that the equation was revealed. It's silly. It should have remained as an unintelligible equation.

Empty Hand is the final boss.

Darkseid is inevitable. He is the hole in everything, the problem in every "fool-proof" plan. Darkseid is the bad day that makes someone like the Joker possible. His goal is to solve the anti-life equation, yes, but even that will not last. Darkseid is defeat. When you submit to Darkseid, you are admitting you will lose. He's a pretty fitting top-tier villain for a universe full of people who are constantly criticized for being too powerful.

Dark Matter from Kirby?

If this guys are corruption and love mutilating multiverses. Why didn't they just go to the Dark Multiverse and had a feast there?

I mean, they are archetypal nearly indestructible beings that represent all what is wrong with fiction and comics. They should in theory shit all over Barbatos or at the very least be pleased with him.

Is it because Empty Hand doesn't care for the Dark Multiverse?

It's because Dark Multiverse didn't exist as a concept back then.

It's too corrupted already? Maybe?

An autistic math equation that will supposedly hollow out the free will of those who hear it.

>Why didn't they just go to the Dark Multiverse and had a feast there?
Because it'd be, as the old meme goes, Pissing in an ocean of piss.

>dude the ultimate big bads are from some small fucking event that no other comic has ever referenced again
I hate morrisonfags

The obvious answer is that the Dark Multiverse hadn't been made yet, but you could just as easily imagine Empty Hand dismissing Universes that are already doomed as not worth his time.

All the universes of the Dark Multiverse eventually crumble apart on their own. Empty Hand wants to do the honors and judging by his throne on Earth 7, inhabit them after his job is done. Can't do that with a universe that crumbles to dust when shit gets out of hand.

It's because the Dark Multiverse is a place where Stories End. It's a place where they go to the over and over and over again, in never-ending cycles of decay and rot. The Gentry, for all their corruption and distortion, they seek to ensure that Stories can end up getting twisted and broken down all whilst lasting for as long as possible, to drag out every last bit of suffering and anguish from them before moving on to the next. In the Dark Multiverse, they'd get *some* sustenance from the suffering of its inhabitants, and they'd surely be please for a good bit by all these corrupted stories floating around, but their "joy" would quickly turn into annoyance when it turns out that none of the Dark Multiverse worlds last for very long at all, quickly during and getting reabsorbed into the whole. There's nothing that the Gentry could gain from the Dark Multiverse whatsoever, simply because of the places fundamental nature.

That doesn't make sense though, free will doesn't exist in real life

>We the Gentry have COMS TO....
>Aaaaaaaaaaannnd it’s gone.
>Fuck this multiverse let’s get out if here

>DC's Final Boss

I don't even think he's top 5 anymore

Kek

>autistic math equation
Seems like a hell of a problem if you ask me.

Darkseid is the final boss but there are secret bosses, the infamous midboss that is actually more difficult then the final boss, the super secret final boss that's nearly impossible to beat, and there's the DLC bosses that are just as powerful as Darkseid.

Darkseid and Anti-Monitor are the final bosses.
>One is so powerfull that took a bunch of universes to defeat him
>The other can destroy the multiverse with his mere presence,his true form.

I forgot new gods are supposed to be really big (travelling via boom tube scales them down).

so did the galactus vs darkseid comic goofed in their scaling of those two?

Darkseid is completely pathetic and I've never understood why DCfags think he's impressive. He's a Skyfather level God who always loses to a random alien, if the Kryptonians were still around they'd beat the shit out of the New Gods.

Darkseid uses avatars to move through the multiverse(the Boom Tubes effect),but in the 5th dimension they are big,like REALLY BIG.

>so did the galactus vs darkseid comic goofed in their scaling of those two?
Not exactly,if Darkseid had managed to bring Galactus to the 5th Dimension,then Galactus would be fucked.

It depends m8,Pre-Crisis and "True Form" Darkseid where powerful enough to beat anyone in the Multiverse,but it depends from the writers.

>Darkseid is completely pathetic and I've never understood why DCfags think he's impressive.

youtube.com/watch?v=WasIt3RzC8A
youtube.com/watch?v=sjlsfrtkxOI
youtube.com/watch?v=e7LxbuaSxRA
youtube.com/watch?v=xNbc-px0lyg&t=57s
youtube.com/watch?v=mwETs2Xti6U
youtube.com/watch?v=ivXZnG7bZLM
youtube.com/watch?v=4cG4BNJBXBU

>DC starts stealing from Zelda

I've already seen a Thanos version of this thread. Oh well.

>free will doesn't exist in real life
GOOD, GOOD
ACCEPT DARKSEID AS YOUR SAVIOR

> free will doesn't exist in real life
Even in our dimension,Darkseid wins.

Even if I could take that seriously, what about Darkseid reminds you of real life?

Please just fuck off back to your board

the only cool thing about him is that he has the best eye beams in fiction

He also looks great in chairs.

Why does a new god have an advanced version one of superman’s most iconic abilities as his most iconic ability anyhow?

Heat Vision≠Omega Beam

So the anti-life equation is just universal mind control?
Kinda lame.

It's more than that, your will becomes Darkseid.

Just defeat Darkseid, and you win, freeing them all.
His normal method of simply brainwashing and conditioning all the people into willingly worshiping his persona as a cult is far more efficient.
There's no magical mindcontrol to be broken.

It's not mind control
It's the perfect argument for giving yourself to Darkseid willingly

Yuga Khan isn't canon ree

So what is the difference beetwen Mandrakk and Empty Hand goals and methods?

That's a specifically Morrison take on it.

Because the dark multiverse isn't being published

WHEN I SHITPOST, IT IS WITH 3 BILLION KEYBOARDS.

>end boss is Morrison's autism given form

No shit. Can someone give me a quick rundown of Mandarkk or whoever-the-fuck? What comic was he from?

He just did a better job building up their threat levels than what other writers have done recently, like how Darkseid War somehow just made both Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor look bad. It doesn't matter if other writers haven't really picked them up.

He's the final villain of Final Crisis, although most of the build up to his introduction actually was in the Superman Beyond tie-in mini-series (which was even included as part of the main series collected editions).

He's also a parody of the first superhero (along with The Phantom), Mandrake the Magician. He's a vampire monitor corrupted by his exposure to anti-story or something. I love Final Crisis and even I can't Morrison-speak this hard.

>Darkseid
>ultimate villain of DC

>The Great Evil Beast
>Lucifer Morningstar
>The First Fallen
>Anti Monitor
>Mandrakk
>Empty hand

This. It's stated in Multiversity that The Empty Hand/Anti-Ultra freed Darkseid from his tomb on Earth-51 to sow discord throughout the Multiverse in his various forms. Meaning that a) the "Real Darkseid" still hasn't appeared anywhere in Post-Final Crisis DC and b) these emanations of Darkseid/pseudo-Darkseids are unwitting tools of The Empty Hand.

Anti-Monitor got BTFO by the Real Darkseid in COIE

Lucifer runs a bar now

Mandrakk got defeated by Captain Carrot and some low-powered Green Lanterns

Try Again

I really hate how they solved the Anti-Life equation, which means how they exectued it.
It was a nice McGuffin while it lasted, but then it was an actual EQUATION, with the most moronic variables imaginable and making absolutely ZERO sense and being extremely underwhelming on top of that.
pic related

What the fuck that's not the picture I uploaded, this here is.

SPBP

Darkseid is only the Universal final boss. When shit gets multiversal he usually falls by the wayside

>Anti-Monitor got BTFO by the Real Darkseid in COIE
The real darkseid hid from him after he absorbed the anti universe.

Man, the Empty Hand definitely should be the final boss, but I don't feel like it counts since the other writers at DC clearly don't fucking care about it.

Same goes for the whole fragments of Darkseid being what shows up in comics, not actual Darkseid, since it's pretty obvious people like Johns don't care about any of that shit.

It's like if you make a final boss, but nobody actually cares and doesn't use it, is it really the final boss?

why can't you people just fuck off and die?

>Fucked the universe because MUH MOMMY
Yeah, now that I think about it, that's some OMD level shit. We'll never see Superman's classic costume again because of this shit.

A lot of writers don't care for Morrison's high concept stuff because a lot of it doesn't really work in the context of continuous serialized fiction. There really isn't any difference between Mandrakk and The Empty Hand, the Gentry are so stripped down they're virtually interchangeable, the Monitors are basically a guy with practically zero editorial oversight bitching about editors controlling him and in practice aren't much different than the Gentry. Multiversity is just Superman Beyond except you're supposed to see the ending, which are the exact same contextually, as a tragedy.

Yu are wrong. The gentry are no problem

>Muh trucks
Move one faggot, every single superhero changed their uniforms.

So the dark multiverse is just unfilling chinese food?

>Yu are wrong. The gentry are no problem
>"Yu"
Highly suspicious wording there, 'friend. You wouldn't happen to be a giant demonic egg-shaped abomination now, would you?

>tfw "anti-life equation" will never be used in a movie
>except for Abraxas

>Same goes for the whole fragments of Darkseid being what shows up in comics, not actual Darkseid, since it's pretty obvious people like Johns don't care about any of that shit.

I mean, Johns was the one that broke the "only one version of each new God in the rebooted multiverse" rule in the first place. Morrison's explanation in multiversity just explains why that's possible. Although, yeah, I doubt we'll see him using Morrison's "true Darkseid" concept. I wouldn't rule it out though.

Johns made his Darkseid look pretty damn pathetic lately. I'm pretty sure as soon as any other writer gets to use him they'll want any excuse to get rid of all the Johns baggage.

>I mean, Johns was the one that broke the "only one version of each new God in the rebooted multiverse" rule in the first place.
Thank god, that shit was retarded.

So he's Madara

How would 2 Darkseids interact? They can see what other darkseids see and think?

Madara want to force everyone to sleep forever so there will be no fights anymore.

He's more similar to Matrix machines.

well he's in Wonder Woman and they still plan on showing how batman got babyseid for metal so I think we still have a few more months of Babyseid before Darkseid becomes an adult for real again

Marada got beat by goo Darkseid is more like Kaguya cause both of their Goos became their own boss level threat

By your logic the Joker is DC's big bad.

Joker is mostly a big event villain now, then he almsot dies and disappear for a couple of years.

I would describe it more as he is trying to hack the universe.

The appeal is in the details.
It's less mind control and more undeniable, objective proof that you should Die for Darkseid, or whatever depending on who is or is not using it. Like an eldritch knowledge sorta thing.

He's been a jobber for quite some time to facilitate the no-we're-totally-serious-this-time true final villain.

naw joker is small time. He's only a event villain cause he's too poplar and people would get sick of him if he's always there. Thats why they waited till doomsday clock to reveal the secret behind the 3 jokers

Remember when his omega beanz would just completely erase the existence of whoever it touched?
Now it's just a Superman eye laser.

So since this is a power level thread.

Who comes out on top.
Empty Hand or the True Darkseid? This ain't a karaoke battle by the way.

The Empty Hand. The true, final emanation of Darkseid was defeated by Superman and the Miracle Machine. The Empty Hand is beyond victories. It's the lack of new ideas, it's cultural indifference, it's when the Movie Universe drains the life and meaning of the comic universe and makes it into a pale, PopVinyl imitation of the richness of the characters we all know. There's a reason why Earth-Chibi are The Empty Hand's agents. The Empty Hand is real, and it has invaded Earth-33. Darkseid can't compete with that, he can just represent that kind of entropy within the stories themselves.

He actually pretty much is an adult already in Wonder Woman, but that's just Robinson cleaning up the Johns plot, not really his own take on a Darkseid centered story.

I mean some completely original story from another writer with Darkseid as the antagonist, like the Mister Miracle series, although actually tied to continuity (unless that ends up tying in somehow by the end).

(Which of course makes sense when you think about the Empty Hand being the one who freed Darkseid from his tomb -- i.e., DC has no new ideas so they just brought Darkseid back from the dead in the New 52)

>Man, this guy Barbatos is the worst host I ever seen

Darkseid Is.

Thank you for capitalizing it properly, sempai. Tom King BTFO

God them fighting should have been cool but that event was such a slog, it rivaled convergence

At least we got baby darkseid from it

>yes or no
>implying there is a choice

It also actually kind of made sense since it was fake, New-52-watered down Darkseid fighting Anti-Monitor. The Original Real Darkseid took that bitch down in 5 seconds in COIE. But yeah, a total waste of lots of potential for a lousy tease for Doomsday Clock.

At least we got Jessica Cruz out of it too, I guess?

the life equation at work, countering your apokoliptian bullshit