We finally get someone in the industry who is as autistic as us about comics and you shit on him...

We finally get someone in the industry who is as autistic as us about comics and you shit on him. He actually has a passion for the material and you shun him. He works his ass off to faithfully adapt our favorite stories and you’re not satisfied.

This is why capeshit is trash. We don’t deserve Zack Snyder.

Other urls found in this thread:

atlassociety.org/commentary/commentary-blog/4141-virtue-of-selfishness
ew.com/article/2008/07/17/watchmen-chat-director-zack-snyder/3/
screenrant.com/zack-snyder-superman-thor/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Him reading the comics actually makes his judgement even worse though. Who the fuck picks The Dark Knight Returns to base a primarily Superman centric movie off of?

his adaptations are surface level at best

he literately doesn't know how to read

>Bat of manslaughter
>Man of murder

Yeah.... pass.

Snyder’s attachment to the comics is ironically what makes him so bad. Same shit with Whedon. It’s nuce they love the material but there comes a point where your calling to be a director needs to override your fanboyism. Nobody wants to watch your fan film.

A certain degree of detachment from the material is ideal. Look at Taika Waititi. He knows jack shit about Thor and still ended up making the best and most faithful Thor film.

He's like the coworker you have that fucks up 1/5 of all character names or backstories when you make the mistake of bringing up comics around them, but you play along because you don't want to embarrass them over not knowing which is which between Mister Miracle and Miracleman.

Most faithful my ass

Decent flick though, ‘sides from the fact that it isn’t funny at all

>Thor and still ended up making the best and most faithful Thor film.

Let's not get carried away. It wasn't bad, but the first is still the most Thor like.

It's a fucking shame Thor will never get a movie that's not better than "pretty good".

>Passion for the material
>Buys slabbed
You can't be serious

Remimder that MOS was made as a big FUCK YOU to the family of Superman's creator,to avoid govong them moneu for the character.

And such thing cursed their entire universe.

>We don’t deserve Zack Snyder
It's good to know that even Sup Forums isn't that bad.

The faithful adaptation is Watchmenn and that's because he just recreated the panels and copied the dialogue. That or he's retarded and thinks his movies are true to the comics in any sense or form.

Why did you post a picture of Mike Matei?

And yet he still missed the point and made a bad movie

>He actually has a passion for the material
He's not a Superman or a Batman fan, when he was a teenager he did read shit like Punisher but that's it, he never liked superheroes

For fuckes sake he called superman a broken character, that's why his superman is nothing like mainstream one.

Snyder might be a comics guy but he's not a superhero comics guy. He's more of a Heavy Metal kind of guy. That's what he should be making.

>He actually has a passion for the material
>Disregards important aspects of said material in favour of "oh I chose that cus it looked cool/edgy"

I know OP is bait, but him completely missing the point of watchmen was hilarious.

Reminder that she sacrificed herself to stop her dad from ruining our favourite characters.

even if he understood the comics, he's still a bad director and an even worse planner. who starts their cinematic universe off with batman in his dark knight returns phase?

Wasn't his son young Rorschach?

>who starts their cinematic universe off with batman in his dark knight returns phase?
And the Death of Superman.
That should be a 4th or 5th movie kind of thing.

If that's true(which it's not he's movies are surface level shit at best) then it just proves that autistic comic book obsession has no place in movies because it leads to shit like Zack Snyder.

Clumsy Thor was painful to watch. I liked the movie but I would have probably hated it if I gave the slightest shit about Thor

Do, please, explain how Superman snapping Zod's neck is "faithful to the comics," OP. Do, please, explain how "MARTHAAAAAAA!!!" is faithful to the comics. Do, please, how a jar of *Lex Luthor's piss" is "faithful to the comics."

Or you could step in front of a bus and save everyone lots of time. Saged for obvious bait.

He is an Ayn Rand asshole who will only think selfish people are good people. He will never understand selflessness and self sacrifice to save others you don't even know.

He made an amazing Watchmen movie but thats because they are all selfish thrill seeking assholes with mental disorders. He fucked up superman and batman because he made them selfish and spoiled. Batman would die to save his city and it's people and Superman is a moses analog about a baby sent away from home to save it and he will lead us people to better world. Superman is here to sacrifice himself to help others.

No Libertarian Ayn Rand Fan boy will ever get these concepts. It's beyond them. They can never get empathy and sacrifice for others who don't benefit them. Altruism is the ultimate criminal act in Ayn Rand Objectivism of which Snyder is a acolyte of.

atlassociety.org/commentary/commentary-blog/4141-virtue-of-selfishness

wait ... his daughter was asian? Adopted or is his wife also asian? Because if he is the typical alt-right white guy going for asian women i would laugh my ass off

This is bait right?

two of his children were adopted from China. Also wtf is this about Snyder being alt-right?

>amazing watchman
user please stop being a casual

>Because if he is the typical alt-right white guy going for asian women i would laugh my ass off

What the fuck are you even saying

The kind where Batman is a villain 80% of the movie.

Zack Snyder is the nerd all the other nerds kicked out of their clique because he's just too much of a fucking pain in the ass to deal with.

He loads his movies down with symbolism that, honestly, isn't very interesting or intellectual and calls it 'culturally relevant.'

His grasp of why superman is a fun character is nonexistant and any fondness he has of Batman comes from the darker side of things.

Which would be fine except that batman doesn't play well with others and Snyder isn't intelligent enough to find a way to make that work in a team.

He's got a real hard on for deconstructionism which largely isn't something most popcorn flick goers even want. They go to movies to see ironman crack wise and shoot lasers not watch Alfred buy tires and put them on the batmobile.

Bluntly speaking he has no idea why most people even like the characters or the comic books and is just masturbating onto films and scripts and then screeching autistically when it fails to pull in money.

Being Zack Snyder is suffering.

-Makes a movie about a character that normies don't like anymore,uses the "Le cool powers and action" to impress them
>"REEEEEE muh destruction."
>"Muh Suopman can never kill except for the Donner's version"

-Makes a movie with Evil Batman where he fights Superman
>"REEEEEE Muh Buttman doesn't kill."
>"REEEE used a character that only meant to kill and destroy too earlier"

-Makes Lex Luthor a threatening crazy son of a bitch where he actully wins at the end
>"REEEEEE not muh Luthor"

-Makes a JL movie planing in using the New Gods
>Daughter dies
>Movie is butchered
>"REEEEEE too lighthearted"

If I was a director,I would call Zack only to help with the image and action,but I would take all the blame if it turns out to be bad,poor guy got too much of the "reverse midas touch".

Snyder confirmed /thatguy/

Marvel is reddit, reddit is left

Anything else must be alt right

>implying I would put me in charge of cinematic adaptations

How much is Warner paying you? Because if it's more than minimum wage, you're being overpaid.

>faithfully

Shut the fuck up

Nigga you just went full retard

Fuck off Zack

Why's he always look like he's on the verge of tears?

I’m hoping it’s because he gets his ass beaten every single day

it's not like this thread started in a particularly intelligent place

Snyderfags don't need to be paid. They do it for free. Which is one of the many reasons why they are so very, very sad.

People here shit on each other all of the time, and their autism is of a higher level than anything Snyder is capable of. Why would they ever give anyone else any slack?

Imposter syndrome

No reason to drag it down to Sup Forums tho

t. Zack

Bvs was about post 9/11 america, which its pretty well known here that Frank milller went batshit crazy after 9/11, thus you use frabk miller batman to show how far he's fallen

No one ever wanted a Holy Terror movie tho

>He actually has a passion for the material and you shun him.
How can you be so stupid as to believe this after seeing any of his movies?

He literally said that Dark Knight Returns was perfect to make a Superman movie off of if your Superman is the exact opposite of the one in the comic. He was 100% correct. If you know Superman, you'd agree too.

>Snyder’s attachment to the comics is ironically what makes him so bad.
For business, maybe. I love his films though. I wish they had found a way to balance it out instead of Whedoning up his film. If only Whedon had kept his promise.

>he called superman a broken character

Source?

>97240062
Wrong.
Snyder is a dumbass faggot who only views DC characters as ICONs instead of legitimate characters. He doesn't understand how much work writers have had to do over the years to make these otherwise cardboard capecucks palatable and interesting.
His movies are just a series of unearned epic-looking kodak moments. He has no understanding of why people actually like DC beyond the surface level of iconography.
He's the kind of retard who would argue that Superman is best CHARACTER because he has the best POWERS. Fans like Snyder have been cancer on the comics community since its inception and are what has held it back for so long.
Seriously fuck this moron he got exactly what he deserved. I wish his daughter was alive to just to see how miserably he failed. And then fucking died immediately again.

the hero we deserved

>when you're so mad you have to make Snyder fanfiction to justify your hate
glad I'll never be this autistic

no that's a pretty accurate description. He's all flash, no substance.

I thought Sami with spider-man was the best balance. He loved the material and did the best he could with what he had to bring it to the big screen. His only downfall was trying to ignore Venom fans + coporate for 3 movies and having a massive hard on for the early era comics.

>ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: First 300, now Watchmen — have you always been a comics fan?

>ZACK SNYDER: I came to comic books through my mother. I loved fantasy art — I love Frank Frazetta [the famed illustrator known for adult-oriented, sword-and-sorcery, and sci-fi imagery]. I went to boarding school. You weren’t allowed too many posters up, and everything I set up was slightly inappropriate. Frazetta’s naked girls, ripped up guys — the kids were like, ”What the hell?!” They had their Boy George posters up, I had crazy Frazetta. My mother saw I was into this comic called Heavy Metal magazine, so she got me a subscription. You could call it ”high-brow” comics, but to me, that comic book was just pretty sexy! I had a buddy who tried getting me into ”normal” comic books, but I was all like, ”No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn’t really doing it for me.” I was a little broken, that way. So when Watchmen came along, I was, ”This is more my scene.”

>Snyder thinks Heavy Metal is high-brow
that fits

>ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: When you finally read it, what did you think?

>ZACK SNYDER: Watchmen is like the music you feel is written just for you. ”That’s my song, no one else gets that but me.” That’s why the fan base is so rabid, because they feel personal about it. The difference between Watchmen and a normal comic book is this: With Batman’s Gotham City, you are transported to another world where that superhero makes sense; Watchmen comes at it in a different way, it almost superimposes its heroes on your world, which then changes how you view your world through its prism. That’s the genius of this book. That’s what we try and do in the movie. The movie is a challenge — sort of like the book is a challenge — to your icons, your morality, how you perceive pop culture, how you perceive mythology, and for that matter, how you perceive God. It was absolutely genius that Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons did all of that in the context of a superhero story. That was a revolution for a lot of people. You sit down to read something that’s ”just a comic book,” and then you’re, like, ”Holy s—, my mind got blown!”

>Lets make a Superman movie that has Superman been the exact opposite thing of what everyone likes about the character, lets also hire the shittiest possible VFX company ever!
Such kino.

>About the violence: You have a scene in your movie where Dr. Manhattan incinerates a bad guy — and your camera dotes of the bloody, chunky aftermath. That’s pretty intense for a superhero movie.

>That’s Superman gone bad. If Superman grabbed your arm and pulled really hard, he’d pull your arm out of your socket. That’s the thing you don’t see in a Superman movie. But in Watchmen, what you get is, like, ”I’m a Superman, and I really want to help mankind — but I just tore this guy in half by accident. People call me a ‘superhero,’ but I don’t even know what that means. I just blew this guy to bits! That’s heroic?”

He doesn't read comics, fuck off.

Oh, wait... Sup Forums doesn't read comics. I guess he is /ourguy/ after all.

Source FYI: ew.com/article/2008/07/17/watchmen-chat-director-zack-snyder/3/

Not even close. Dude even referenced deep cut stories like “The Man Who Destroyed Krypton”

that user is right about everything, snydercucks like you got no arguments, you fucking casuals pretending to read comic, go back to Sup Forums DCEU current state is all your fault

screenrant.com/zack-snyder-superman-thor/

>You could call it ”high-brow” comics, but to me, that comic book was just pretty sexy! I had a buddy who tried getting me into ”normal” comic books, but I was all like, ”No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn’t really doing it for me.” I was a little broken, that way. So when Watchmen came along, I was, ”This is more my scene.”
That's worse than not liking comics in general

They are truth to the politics and central ideas of the comic. Only shallow faggots that believe it was against violence didn't get it.

The comic steps away from comic violence to make it realistic, Snyder is in a different medium and makes the violent actions of the characters matter. Most capeshit has extreme violence without consequences, Snyder shows how a God fighting in Vietnam would look like, how breaking a man's arm looks. Is ugly, only a shallow fuckwould think it's about looking cool. Watchmen it's subversive against cape movies just as the comic was to mainstream capeshit. And more important the action plays a role into the pacing of a 3 hours movie as opposed as a 12 month's novel.

>Muh Suopman can never kill except for the Donner's version
I'm guessing you weren't around in the late 70's or early 80's. Throwing a villain into a bottomless pit was a common way of AVOIDING killing them so you could bring them back in a sequel. People walked out of those theaters expecting to see General Zod show up again with a revenge plot and a contrived explanation for how he survived the fall. That's why there wasn't even an off-screen sound effect for them hitting the bottom. Superman snapping Zod's neck was the exact opposite of that. It was a very dead body falling to the floor in the middle of the screen.

Also the only comic movie that was ever actually faithful was Sin City.

Fuck off capeshit faggot. Thats the reaction of everyone who started reading fantasy and European comics and moved to capeshit later.

Fuck you casuals have no reading comprehension.

>We don’t deserve Zack Snyder.
Yes we do. Because we suck.

>He knows jack shit about Thor
Source? Are you making this assumption because he took liberties in his adaptations like you say he should?

Yep.

just because someone likes the subject doesn't mean they have the capacity to work with it well

like fan fiction. he might love the characters, but he's a shit storyteller and sucked the life out of all of them just to have a "cool scene" that fits a personal fantasy.

he's not good at movies.

when marvlets attack

>aesthetics, buff dudes, violence and sex
>Watchmen presented a satisfying blow to the stoopid kiddy superhero genre
>muh deep realism
>muh destructive Superman

It was over before it even started

>Thats the reaction of everyone who started reading fantasy and European comics and moved to capeshit later.
No it isn't.

Go fuck yourself

It's true user both him and goyer have said they don't like the comics in the lead up to man of steel during interviews.

It is capeshitter. And Snyder was saying he got into capeshit thanks to watchmen.

I grew on on heavy metal. I didn't got into capeshit until I was 20 thanks to Morrison.

It isn't. It's not because you and Snyder felt a story without sex and violence is lame that it's the case for everyone who grew up reading stories that had sex and violence in them.
t. continental Yuro

I get why people convince themselves his movies are better than they actually are.

He is (or at least can be) genuinely good at capturing the look and energy of comic book action scenes.

It's something that pretty much no other cape movies manage.
But that is literally his only strength as a director, and it's not nearly enough to carry a movie.

>Thats the reaction of everyone who started reading fantasy and European comics and moved to capeshit later.
No it ins't snydercuck casual, your claim hol no basis at all gtfo

>projecting his experiences into the general population
>throwing random insults without any logic

YOU ARE LITERALLY AUTISTIC

Dude's one of those fags that only reads the "graphic novels", he's said this.

He's trying so hard to deconstruct like Moore and Miller, but he's so shit at it and no one wants it.

What point did he miss again? I'm not shilling him I just genuinely forget. I saw that turd in theaters and all I remember is being angry for the entire thing.

>And Snyder was saying he got into capeshit thanks to watchmen.
Oh now I see what Johns real message with Rebirth and Doomsday Clock is...

>Everyone says that about [Christopher Nolan’s] Batman Begins. "Batman’s dark." I’m like, okay, "No, Batman’s cool." He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that’s how that would go.

>We don’t deserve Zack Snyder.
Don't give me that. With BvS:DoJ Zack shows he has a poor understanding of Superman's powers and the fact that he stands for truth, justice, and the American way. BvS was a soulless film and a film without structure.

Snyder's never read a comic in his fucking life though.

He's autistic alright but not about comics. He doesn't give a shit about them. You'd know it if you did, but you're obviously from Sup Forums.

>shallow faggots
It's ironic how you say this and then proceed to display a pretty shallow understanding of the comic.

As someone who started reading European first and superheroes later, I should tell you that's bullshit. First off, because European doesn't mean tits & gore. Second, because nobody's retarded enough to read a superhero comic expecting sex and murder everywhere.