Why would the water tribe be tanned when they live in the polar regions?

Given that they wouldn't be as exposed to solar radiation as the equatorial regions
>inb4 Sup Forums derail
Actually curious

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3417586/
scienceline.org/2007/06/ask-dricoll-inuiteskimos/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

its not a tan, have you seen how dark inuits get?

Same as real eskimos; inherited from more southerly-dwelling ancestors and never selected against (as in Europe) because they have a diet rich in Vitamin D to compensate for lack of sunlight.

This is the stupidest thread I have seen all year.

Because they needed a nation of browns otherwise people would say something about being a whites only world.

And thank God for that, because Katara is Cute as hell.

The Inuit are brown in real life because of the high albedo of snow.

A shame all Inuit look like shit.

The snow and ice reflects the sun, it's the same reason you can get snow blindness.

But the thing is there is a lot less uv radiation goes through the atmosphere as the rays get reflected, I can believe theverything vitamin D rich diet though

Jesus christ autocorrect is frustrating

You unbelievable dummy.

That's not a question professor

point I wanted to make is, why are they dark skinned? though i can take as a good answer

genetics nigger

The poles get less sunlight but they also get more uninterrupted sunlight with something like three months of constant daylight as well three months of constant night and six months of twilight.
Also the snow reflects light a bunch.
And finally eskimos didn't get their dark skin as an adaption to their environment it was a trait that had already existed in their gene pool from before they came to that region and it just never went away.

Turn it off then, braingenius.

might as well be asking why inuits/eskimos have tanned skin, since that's what the water tribe is clearly based off of

which I don't know the answer to. Probably genetics or whatever.

Snow and ice reflects a shitload of sunlight, so you actually do get a tan from living in that kind of environment.

If you ever go skiing, you can experience it for yourself.

Your skin doesn't tan when you EAT vitamin D. It has to be produced by your skin.

>legend of korra

I hate her too

But I still fap

Niggers, it's literally months of eternal day and night up there, being reflected directly at them by the snow.

maybe try google you fucking baiting nigger
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3417586/
scienceline.org/2007/06/ask-dricoll-inuiteskimos/

people go to ski can also get tan line , it is same for light skin people move to live at north pole .

>words cant hurt me these shades are gucci

i remember someone saying sunlight produces vitamin d but destroys folate. so the only way going full white is advantageous is if you also live off of grain and get more folate than you need.

Well they probably used to live on some tropical islands but then the fire nation attacked.