Is Flash really faster than Superman? Even Superman Thought Robot and Superman Strange Visitor?

Is Flash really faster than Superman? Even Superman Thought Robot and Superman Strange Visitor?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/superman-uses-the-cosmic-treadmill-rebirth-2.png
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Flash literally outran death when he was shot by a bullet that traveled through time

When was the last time superman ran so fast he created a whole new comic reboot?

Yes. He is.
The Flash is faster than Superman. By a lot.

he also outran death when he ran through time to the death and rebirth of the universe so he could beat someones instant teleportation

So how does anyone beat Flash then? He's infinitely faster than anyone else, but imagine yourself trying to beat someone who can think and react to the speed of sound

Spell it with me
C H A R I T Y

How is the Flash fast enough to beat the entire Justice League and eliminate all crime from Central City in Kingdom Come but not fast enough to evacuate all the heroes and villains from the nuke in Kingdom Come?

Don't think about it, the writers don't.

>Just trip him/anticipate him!

Fairly sure the robot is faster as it is literally plot. And Flash can't outrun the writers as they control him via plot.

A lot of Flash's villains have shit that specifically counters him, but outside of that I don't know much.

Those were different events, fag

Black Flash arc he ran out of the end of the universe, and into the next one back to this point.

In "The Human Race" he harnesses the speed of the entire human race and a planet of living radio waves to travel faster than instant teleportation to beat an alien at his stupid game

The real answer is: Flash is faster until the narrative calls for Superman to be faster.
Superman is always as strong/fast/invulnerable/intelligent as the narrative requires.

>he harnesses the speed of the entire human race
pbbbbt. Sounds like something a high school dropout or Fletcher Hanks would write.

my bad my memory merged the two stories for some reason

Yes,Flash is faster but at the end of the day,Superman becomes faster after achiving Godhood levels of power.
Besides,Superman can't move too fast while on Earth.

Yeah, these are Wally's two biggest feats and they're kind of bullshit. One is basically time shenanigans and in the other, he cheated.

However, Flashes are still faster than Big Blue. Just look at how long is takes them to get from point A to point B compared to Supes. It usually takes Clark a measurable amount of time to circle the globe, wheras Barry, Wally, and usually Jay can do it almost instantaneously, like in the recent rogues arc where Barry basically teleports from Corto Maltese to Central City (essentially Cuba to Kansas City), or when Jay does the same thing in JSA in a maximum of 2 seconds, but from Europe. They do this so reliably, and Superman almost never does.

Also Clark has no speed bullshit. He can't phase or travel through time. They say he can achieve lightspeed outside the atmosphere, but honestly even if he actually can then speedsters still have a top speed that's several times faster.

No, Superman just holds himself back so Flash doesn't feel useless.

I hate this retcon.

He got caught by Captain Marvel though when He was running maxed speed.

The Real Question tho is how Captain Marvel even jobs to Supes, given how OP his feats are.

Can someone give me the rundown on who "Superman Strange Visitor" is, I keep seeing him mentioned here recently

>speed of sound
He's far faster than that

Why, superfagtard?

Because it's just a forced way of trying to retroactively justify the purpose of a superhero who only has one of Superman's powers.
Would be more honest and less forced to just admit Superman is better across the board.

Wasn't there a time where they raced in space and Barry had some kind of platform to run on?

To be fair, Superman got his speed retconned since those races (No vibrating or time traveling under his own power). And in spite of his power growing a lot since his lower "Post-Crisis" levels, he never recovered anything close to his Pre-Crisis speed.

People only think Superman is faster, or even as fast, and they couldn't be more wrong. Sure, he only has one power, but his powerlevel with that one ability is hundreds of times higher than Clark's, and it's why he's considered so broken.

Flash is so fast it's actually kind of stupid.
Like, I eat a lot of shit and suspend my disbelief a lot in comics because you have to.
But fuck Flash. He abuses the privilege.

That's the point, the idea Flash is much faster than Superman was a retcon. What you're calling "wrong" is only "wrong" because a modern writer made a stupid retcon panel.

Because Supes is THEIR character, so the outside has to lose to him.

I mean DC didn't even give enough of a fuck to try and use Captain Marvel till 20 years after they won their court case which is where Marvel snuck in and created the naming mess we have now.

I like Superman as a character and franchise more but Flash being faster makes sense since it's a matter of specialization versus being good at everything.

Damn, you superfagtards are the worst.

No, if you go back to silver age Barry then Flash is still way faster, golden age Jay might be too. If anyone, Superman is only faster than Wally and Bart.

I don't even like Superman that much, I just think it's forced and lame to try to pretend Flash was secretly much better at being fast. Would be better for the writers just to accept Flash as a less capable of subset of Superman's powers. Life isn't fair and comics don't need to be fair either.

>That's the point, the idea Flash is much faster than Superman was a retcon

Its funny a characterfag like you saying this when Superman originaly could only jump and not fly and was just slightly more fast than a locomotive.

Yeah, it's real funny, you sure showed me with that completely irrelevant piece of trivia about the 1930s.

I mean, it isn't just a "stupid retcon panel". Superman's speed got heavily reduced alongside all the changes of the Post-Crisis reboot, including some that basically make him a very different character compared to his Silve Age self (like arriving on Earth young enough he had no memories from Krypton unlike in the
Silver Age).

Yeah, the statement that Barry wasn't going all out on those races is recent, but it's the only explanation that could make them work in currenty continuity consdering how Superman's speed got heavily reduced, but The Flash's wasn't.

Note that immediatley Post-Crisis, it was actually retconned that they had never raced each other before (since Barry's speed wasn't reduced, unlike Superman's). IC brought back some Silver Age continuity, so the whole "we raced, but I wasn't going all out" is a retcon to attempt to explain them under the current continuity.

he can do anything when he's not on the job squad

If superman cannot fly at light speed, how the fuck does he travels between planets?

Don't remember that.But I remember in New 52 Action Comics,Brainiac was invading Earth and Superman needed to reach his spaceship,but he wasn't able to fly yet,so he ran so fast and used a ramp as leverage and he managed to skyrock himself to outer space.

He can fly a lot faster when he's in space but has to always reduce his flight while on earth to below speed of sound, or else the shockwaves would destroy everything around him

>Life isn't fair and comics don't need to be fair either.
Exactly, supertardfag. Just accept that Flash is faster than Superman and move on.

So he can be as fast as barry then.

He can fly way faster then speed of light.
If I not mistaken,Rebirth Superman managed to go back in time using the Cosmic Treadmill.

comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/superman-uses-the-cosmic-treadmill-rebirth-2.png

Barry can move WAY faster than the speed of light.

Rebirth Barry might have to use it, but I'm not sure. I forget if he did when he ran to the future to fight Thawne and I can't find scans of it. In any event, pre-Flashpoint Barry can time travel without having to use the cosmic treadmill.

So you only need shit like ice, mirror and boomerangs?

It's more like their tactics, but some of their weapons have anti-flash functions.
>Snart's gun can create a field of Absolute Zero to slow Flash's molecules down
>Supposedly Heat Wave's fire can melt The Flash's boots
>Mirror Master can either trap him in one of his mirrors or stall using hard-light copies of himself
>Thinker can straight-up outplan him, so can Snart sometimes
>Trickster has le pranx xD
Also he's going subsonic most of the time, otherwise he'd be causing insane amounts of property damage. So if you're fighting in a group or using some kind of beam-based weapon you might be able to hit him since he's vulnerable to the naked eye.

>Property damage
Nope, Flash's speedforce prevents this, he can go as fast as he wants and nothing around him will be destroyed, this is why he has an edge over Superman who always has to fly with caution

Those who can tap into the Speed Force don't need to use the CT,it would make sense if anyone without the Speed Force needed to use the CT to travel throught time,it would be "fair".

Funny how Superman never used his Freeze Breath or his Heat Vision on Flash,he is the perfect "Anti-Flash"(Superman is literally the "Anti-Justice League",literally the reverse Batman).

Flash has the power to outrun plotholes.

I'm talking about sonic booms, which he regularly creates.

Yes, but Barry had to initially until (possibly before) Flash: Rebirth. Wally stopped needing to use it, like when he just runs to the end of time to beat the Black Flash. It's a speed-based limitation that Superman hasn't overcome.

>Superman Thought Robot
to answer your question, no. Thought Robot is "faster".

>Superman is only faster than Wally
>faster than Wally

no

>So how does anyone beat Flash then?
Usually they don't since he's the good guy :^)

But most of Flash's enemies have shit that don't rely on hitting him physically (e.g. psychic powers, magic, holding Iris hostage, etc.) or they are speedsters themselves.