Who do you want to play Doom in his stand alone movie or in the Mcu if Marvel gets the rights?

Who do you want to play Doom in his stand alone movie or in the Mcu if Marvel gets the rights?

Getting the voice right is critical.
I tried to watch a scene from the old F4 movies & omfg his voice was awful & so wrong for the character.

The obvious best choices, Mikkelsen & Fassbender are pretty much off the table.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/marvel/2017/11/24/ben-mendelsohn-doctor-doom-fantastic-four-dream-role/
comicbook.com/marvel/2017/11/28/ben-mendelsohn-yon-rogg-captain-marvel/
youtube.com/watch?v=qi86yeXB9pI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mark Strong as Dr Doom

Say what you will about this shit but honestly I liked the green glowing cracks in the armor.

>Marvel F4

Yeah...they would just make Doom a guy in normal street attire

They would "homage" comics doom by making him have a suit of armor on display in his place or something where he goes on a tangent about how primitive wearing armor is to Tony Stark

Pffffffaaahahahahaha
>Doom's appearance is just his exploration suit fused to his skin with green space goop.
I swear, no other comic character has had as fucked of a live-action treatment as Doom. Some have had awful interpretations, but what others have had TWO SEPARATE film adaptations that miss the mark of the character so completely?

>standalone

Doom is not a character who could carry his own film.

How does what you said have anything to do with the MCU?

Ian McShane

Zemo
Mandarin
MCU can't do villains

The fusing was a neat idea. Looked god-awful though, especially Ben just getting pelted with rocks.

Best casting choice ever.

I’ve been thinking about this.

They need to make him the big bad of the post-Thanos MCU, but he needs to appear often. Someone who can be cheesy but still a captivating villain, someone who doesn’t seem vain but can instead back up his threats.

With that said, I’d say Ashton Kutcher is their best bet, since they’ll make him quippy instead of over-the-top.

Doom is a character who could practically ONLY work if he was in his own film. Twice now, the filmmakers have been tasked with somehow introducing the Fantastic 4's powers and Doom as a villain, and twice they've felt the need to do this by tying Doom's origin to the accident that empowered the team. To introduce a time -traveling armored sorcerer inventor who's the monarch of his own country? You'd be better off just giving the guy his own movie to do that.

>Someone who can be cheesy
No seriously fuck you, we already ruined Ultron by doing that, he should be Empire Darth Vader in tone exactly.

>Kutcher
I’m retarded, I meant John Krasinski.

>Zemo
>Mandarin
What, two out of twenty? Did you miss the villain in the movie that literally just came out? Does this look like a company trying to tone down the their villains?

I dig it.

Suit wise just make EXACTLY THIS.
Use the same cloth style & color tones as the Doctor Strange outfits.
And don't let his eyes be visible except in serious close ups.

If they go with a older actor I'd say Jared Harris. I really liked his Moriarty.

Mads Mikkelsen

Hugo Weaving

actually strange would be a good franchise to introduce doom with, because the magic is already a give in and established
that means you just need to introduce the character himself and imply he's already a powerful sorcerer

>The fusing was a neat idea.
It really isn't. Doom getting his power in an accident is kind of at odds with the core of who the character is supposed to be. If he seeks out magic and technological knowledge himself, it reflects more on how ambitious he is.

He's not a hero. He doesn't have a compelling drama to carry a film forward. He's had stories in comics but they only work in the intertextual support basis created by surrounding comics, and frankly, his solo stuff all cobbled together would not a good movie make. No, he can't carry his own film.

Adrian Brody or Jude Law if you have some sort of brain-dead desire to show him out of the suit a lot.

If he's just a voice: Sir Anthony Hopkins. Alternately mild but magnetic and bombastic. Give him something to chew.

A more practical answer (and the one I would genuinly advocate for) is Latham Gaines.

Mads was already used but Lars is still a option.

He was great on Sherlock & House of Cards.

A+ solution is excellent.
Introducing Doom outside of a F4 movie is the best way to treat him. Tying him into their origin movie would be... why even bother?

But user, the busy production schedule of House of Cards will surely take up all of his time!

>crtl+F Idris
>No results
I'm proud, Sup Forums

I love Idis Elba. I have no qualms about making Doom black. But I don't see the point in casting him in EVERYTHING. It makes for a boring discussion too.

Idris Elba?

He's already playing Heimdall.

>making Doom black
>SJWs send Feige a bomb for being a racist

The movie could have Doom as a B-villain competing for Sorcerer Supreme to protect Latveria from any and all threats.

>Marvel gets the rights
>Doom is a quippy, one-dimensional villain who is defeated via jobbing
NO RICHARDS NO

>Fool! Doom shall toot as he pleases!
I think they should go with a classical mad scientist voice. Like reedy and old time science fictiony.

please god give it to The Mendo

comicbook.com/marvel/2017/11/24/ben-mendelsohn-doctor-doom-fantastic-four-dream-role/

>He's not a hero. He doesn't have a compelling drama to carry a film forward
The compelling Drama could be found in the fact he ISN'T a hero. Give him a 'hero' movie where he is distinctly unheroic. A film about him returning to his home in europe to liberate it, only to eventually become the kind of tyrant he hated. The large ham doom megalomaniac persona can even be something he assumes to inspire his people, only to find the act consumes him somewhere along the way

Eh... I liked him in R1 but didn't feel he had the air of wise competent smugness Doom needs.

This is honestly the best answer.

What about the opening?

Ironically Idris would be great for doom because voice and because doom spends all his time in a mask anyway

Lets be frank though, the one true person to be Doom is Tom Hardy

I'm guessing you haven't seen Bloodline? My reason for seeing his capability to play Doom comes from Bloodline. He was kinda disappointing in R1...which i blame on the writing/directing/dramatic pecking order in that movie, rather than his acting skills.

Doom is a fucking PUNK.

Everyone talks about how horrible a villain he is, yet every damn one of his reads, at least the ones that I've seen or been suggested to see by Sup Forums, depict him as more of a fucking antihero than an actual villain.

Joker -- Killed Jason Todd, paralyzed Barbara, killed Sarah, etc.

Magneto -- Ripped Wolverine's fucking skeleton out

Green Goblin -- Killed Gwen Stacy, all of the psychological damage to his own fucking son

Doom -- The nigga delivered Reed Richards' child.

His big "act of villainy" there was just NAMING THE GIRL. Sure, you can toss out the whole "oh well he was proving that he could do something that Richards couldn't, he could help his family when Richards could not", or the bs "Oh well he's a classy motherfucker dohoho/he's an honorable villain" crap out there, but when it comes down to it, Doom hasn't done SHIT.

That all being said, Doom crying at 9/11 wasn't any sort of break in character or anything to me. Hell, I would even go as far to say that it was entirely IN character.

See

>Voice is deep, echos, booming with power, but also able to talk lightly with authority.
>Keeps the mask on, never takes it off.
>Green cape and tunic.
>Uses both tech, sorcery, and has a blaster.

That's all I fucking want.

He butchered & Frankenstein monstered a bunch of Asgardians.

I GO WHERE THE WINDS HOWL

idris elba

Assuming they're going for Doom as an older man rather than a 'young Doom' type origin story. I reckon Ralph Fiennes would be pretty damn good.

Just go with Mikkelsen, nobody cares about Cecilius.

His brother would be better as Doom anyways.

Superman

Superman Returns and MoS/BvS

He once skinned the only woman he ever loved to make an armor.

I was gonna say Hugo weaving but I forgot they already wasted him as the red skull

Was that series good?

>miss the mark of the character
Well memed.

The real reason he delivered and named Valeria was to make her his fucking familiar.

It doesn't matter that he was in Mr Doctor if they never show his face.

i want that son of a bitch to appear in infinity war

Sam Riley

Eh. I liked it, but it was cancelled very quickly. McShane nailed it and the idea of making a political thriller based on the Books of Samuel would've worked if it hadn't been on NBC.

>the Asgaradian butchering
>making his former lover fall for him and kill her as she professes her love just to make a magic suit out of her skin
>killed a bunch of children as a show of power
>crippled a boy as a message to his people and refused to let him get help or medical attention.
>murder man's lover out of jealously but played it as making him stronger
>sent Franklyn Richards to hell
>has rape most of the pretty young girls of his country because he can

Doom is fuck up.

The original Supreme Gentleman

>A film about him returning to his home in europe to liberate it, only to eventually become the kind of tyrant he hated.
I came back to this thread to post something like this.One thing I think could be interesting to play on is how tyrants can be distinct from each other. I was looking into Latveria's established lore a while back, and I found that many of its natural features have been named after Doom, or his mother, or someone important to Doom. And that idea could be an interesting thing to explore: That while doom brings prosperity and stability to Latveria, it's all on his terms to be point that their very culture and heritage has been subsumed to him, has been turned into a temple to Doom's ego. A fitting tragic arc: he comes back to save Latveria, but ends up essentially erasing it, and replacing it with himself.

Alright, let's see if torrents still work.

what are the best dr doom run comic run ?

And on the very next page, Doom hypnotizes her to believe he had raped her instead of actually proceeding with the rape because Doom wants to keep up appearances that he's a horrible tyrant but doesn't actually have the stomach for the worst aspects of it.

What a fag, holy shit

Armor looks too medieval

I think Christoph Walz could pull it off.

Say what

Jeremy Irons, now that he'll be free from any further DCEU commitments.

Or maybe Werner Herzog.

That's the fucking point.

>wanting the most boring ever to play a bombastic character

*most boring actor

Should look like that and no like a gray Iron Man

Imagine having such shit taste?

Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

Doom is player by a tall and jacked dude and dubbed by some big name with a booming and imposing voice, is never shown before becoming Doom.

Honestly? CIA

I think for Doom, a good script is far far more important
meh
>The obvious best choices, Mikkelsen & Fassbender are pretty much off the table.
I'd prefer someone younger, personally

it's not going to be on netflix, user

comicbook.com/marvel/2017/11/28/ben-mendelsohn-yon-rogg-captain-marvel/
>It seems that assumptions about Ben Mendelsohn’s villain in Captain Marvel being a Skrull may have been a bit off the mark as a new rumor suggests the Rogue One star is playing a villain of Kree origin and one vital to Carol Danvers’ history.

According to sources speaking to That Hashtag Show, Mendelsohn will be a playing the Kree Colonel Yon-Rogg, a jealous rival of Mar-Vell, the Kree hero who will reportedly be played by Jude Law in the film. Yon-Rogg’s pompous and ambitious personality isn’t a far cry from Orson Krennic, the Star Wars villain Mendelsohn played in Rogue One, and his physical appearance is a perfect fit for how Yon-Rogg is drawn in Marvel Comics.

It's zero effort. It's not interesting. It looks boring. His armor can be fancy and ornate and have elements that harken back to a tradition armor but just slapping him into a renaissance fair costume is lame.

I want him to be just a CGI metal suit. Anybody can voice him.

Too old, man

The Baneposting following announcement of the casting would crash this board with no survivors

>the user with no taste

that's why I posted

Dude read more comics.

Not for the voice.

The tears of doomfags if doom had banevoice.. we need this

>The tears of doomfags

Nigga, I would love that. Still better than any other portrayal of DOOM in film.

>Nobody mentioned Simon Templeman yet
Doom needs not to have a face to gaze at. Doom needs a voice to match his grandiose.
youtube.com/watch?v=qi86yeXB9pI

Mads Mikkelsen :(