Why are holiday specials so best?

Why are holiday specials so best?

Also what are other christmas episdes/shows you guys like?

I remember watching specials of like the Flintstones and Scooby Doo as a kid and it warms my heart despite maybe being not very good.

>tfw no-one likes my thread

I like your thread. Holiday specials are always comfy especially Christmas and Halloween

>superman gets lead every christmas.

Because they are special and you ONLY get them one month a year.

Did you make that milk cup on paint or is that the original shot?

They're not always the best.

Shame on you. The Joker singing was kino.

clear now?

it's just the wrapping

party pooper.

I really didn't like that scene.
Something about Superman getting defensive about Santa was offputting.

is santa real in DC verse?

Holiday specials tend to evoke a sense of comfort in them, a moment of warmth with family and friends as the weather gets cold and the nights get long.

"Comfort and Joy" is one of my favorites, as it shows that not everyone celebrates the same holidays, and they still have reason to enjoy the day (Shayera and John's bar fight), to bring in new friends to celebrate along with you, despite their differences (J'onn and the Kents), and that even the worst of us might find a moment of good nature for the sake of kids who still have the innocence the villain had once (Ultra-Humanite and Flash). Even those who choose not to celebrate due to rough pasts are mentioned with Batman being on shift (though you know the Batkids probably were waiting for him the next day).

My all time favorite though, is the Muppet Family Christmas special from the late 80's. I have to look it up on Youtube every December, or it isn't the holiday season for me. It has all the warmth of the standard Christmas special, Muppet humor, and reminds me of a few drunken holiday mishaps with my own extended family over the years.

Yeah man.

Superman can fly around the world in a matter of seconds and works with a martian, another speedster, two intergalactic cops, and an immortal woman from an invisible island. Why wouldn't he believe in Santa?

dammit,i thought he was only canon to marvel.
(ininfity gauntlet made him nuts)

the others can be explained with science. Santa is "faith" thing.

I understand why he could and why he would want to.
But something about it was so off putting for some reason.

>the others can be explained with science. Santa is "faith" thing.
In terms of the DC animated universe, Santa could be explained by magic though. With ease. Superman has fought magic and interdimensional creatures before. There's no reason for him to not assume Santa is real.

Dude's probably his neighbor.

According to Robot Chicken, he is.

I've always been a fan of American Dad's christmas specials.

>One of the fastest beings on earth doesn't just open the present at super speed, see what it is, then rewrap it

>missing the point
Seeing that child-like enthusiasm in Clark was really nice.

>tfw getting older
>tfw remember being annoyed they always played that smurf christmas special when I was a kid
>tfw miss it now

Was it really on that much? I only remmeber seeing it twice. The villain was Satan or something right?

Children get to start their own little cults.

American Dad does some of the best. The one with Christmas past is my fave. The Rapture is a good one too.

>Also what are other christmas episdes/shows you guys like?