Is time in the cubes as bad as simply living in Mega City One? It seems like a pretty awful place to be

Is time in the cubes as bad as simply living in Mega City One? It seems like a pretty awful place to be.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Whk6MQDGpU4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Objectively safer but solitary confinement will drive anybody mad.

I feel like 10 years of alone time would be a welcome respite from a lifetime of drowning in people all around you.

No booze, whores, or other forms of entertainment. You are stuck in a small room and forced to watch “reform” videos every waking second of your stay

Eh, compared to other prison systems the cubes are humane. I would prefer to life in Mega City One though than a stay in the cubes.

It can't be that bad since everyone keeps going there.

And that's without counting all the possible break-outs, break-ins, yearly apocalyptic events...

Its not nesscary solitary confinement. Plenty of times we've seen inmates interacting with each other. Only the psychos like PJ Maybe seem to get solitary confinement.

But its still a loss of freedom, food selection, etc. So yea cubes suck.

No internet-equivalent websites to choose from, you're only allowed to watch controlled media, and you must do things that Megacity's Judge authorities have decided will help you become a normal accepted and productive member of society again.
Boredom from the lack of freedom is a terrible thing.

No booze, whores, or other forms of entertainment

Aren't most of those illegal in Mega City One anyway?

Synthi-booze, robo-whores (or aliens) and inane hobbies keep the populace happy!

They are legal, as long as you have the permits for them and consume them in legal amounts.
Unless the judges have decided that it's illegal, of course, like for example being allowed to keep a pet goldfish (FORBIDDEN).
But they have psychics helping them out to find out the general urban zeitgeist if their well-meaning restrictions are perhaps a little bit too soul-crushing, causing psychically receptive people to simply commit suicide and cause a commotion. Then the judges revoke the ban again (keeping goldfishes as pets is not FORBIDDEN anymore).
In the end, the judges have to somehow keep a 1 billion people megacity society working with their limited manpower.

You might get a nice Judge counseling you to sign up for euthanasia.

But yeah, sometimes, life in the cubes can be a fair bit healthier than life on the outside...

>1 billion

I got news for you, user...

On the other hand I get the impression that the Judges have been even harder hit than the citizenry.

Oh it's a drag, I know...
There's only one place to go...

Baby back where I come from~
youtube.com/watch?v=Whk6MQDGpU4

>to keep a pet goldfish

That would fall under impersonating a Judge, wouldn't it?