Is Family Guy good again?

Really liked this episode .

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DSlgP06hpaw
youtube.com/watch?v=m0Qes3HsybM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Family Guy was always decent. Only contrarian hipsters dislike it.

holy shit i hate family guy but i admit that was good

>again

How many times are you going to make this thread?

>Family Guy said something that I politically agree with which makes it a high quality show as opposed to when it says things that I politically disagree with!

No.
And it was never good. Half of the jokes of original Family Guy relied on "parody's" that were basically just straight up taking other sources jokes and excuse it as an "homage".

Family Guy was always mediocre at its best.

>ever

What happened? Also family guy once made an entire episode mostly defending republicans and Rush Limbaugh was portrayed as a honest intelligent man. The episode was all about being open minded about both parties ideas, imo it was far better than south park "hurr both sides are bad but trump is faaarrr worssse" bullshit

>Also family guy once made an entire episode mostly defending republicans and Rush Limbaugh was portrayed as a honest intelligent man.
It htought the episode was not so much about proping Rush, but rather to make fun of people like Brian, who care more about being contrarian rather than having opinion.

It made both political views sound rational though
This scene alone is better than anything south park gave us this couple of seasons
youtube.com/watch?v=DSlgP06hpaw

Brian identifies as a white man?

Is this the opposite of a fursona?

no, he's just literally white

No. This episode wasn't good either.

Did you just miss the the big dance number that was clearly making fun of Republicans?

>all these tumblrite replies
good job op

didn't they follow this episode up with 20 minutes of DRUMPF RUSSIA jokes?

>both sides are bad but trump is faaarrr worssse
This is unironically true, though

I'm not an American but purely in terms of Sup Forums shitposters, the Trump side is infinitely worse.

That's precisely why Sup Forums gives a shit about Sonic Boom all of a sudden

There was two short mentions of Trump in that Putin episode.
It was okay. I really liked the Wes Anderson parody episode. Family Guy is only good as background noise.
I thought we only cared about it because of meta jokes, not politics?

Epic win!
SJWs BTFO!
Tumblr BTFO!
/ourshow/

>family guy does an episode calling out SJWs
>the very next episode has the blandest "DRUMPF IS BAD!! RUSSIA IS BAD!!! PUTIN IS BAD!!!" plot you could come up with

That's a small group of people who actually give a shit about Sonic. After pic related, everyone's jumping on the bandwagon because they think it's a tumblr BTFO moment

Same as south park, your point?

Wow it's almost like those are two completely different issues that have nothing to do with each other

>episode one is mocking sjws/cucks/soyboys/liberals

>episode 2 is pro sjws/cucks/soyboys/liberals.

really fires them neurons.

so family guy is pretty much shitting on everyone.

business as usual.

Are there actually big privately owned roads in America? And if the public roads are in such bad shape, why don't they just toll those? You guys barely pay any taxes to begin with. Not to mention it lets those who use it pay for it and those that don't can skip it. What a fucking stupid place if this dumb video is any indication.

>WTF they dared to make fun of Trump?!!! Family guy isn't /our show/ anymore! Just wait till I tell my friends on Sup Forums about this betrayal! Kekistani forever xD

The point isn't that they made fun of Trump, the point is that the A-plot's entire """joke""" was
>RUSSIA IS LITERALLY EVIL AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IT IS CORRUPT
It was as preachy as... well, any other preachy episode of Family Guy.

>Kekistani
This shit annoys the fuck out of me. Normalfags are the worst. It's not a Sup Forums thing so much as a youtube/reddit thing.
As someone who lost it at the Les Baines crash the idea of a numerology frog was amusing. Then retards kept adding dumb shit to it, it got popular, became a "statement" and they ran it into the ground.
Pretty sad, honestly.

Seasons 1-2 were actually pretty good. Not great, but it had a couple funny moments

Russia under putin is evil as fuck though, they literally invaded and stollen territory and people from other country because that area had russian immigrants.

literally everyone makes fun of Trump all the time, there's nothing daring or even funny about it anymore, and anyone who thinks it is funny or daring is a slack jawed drooling mongoloid (you)

There was a Ride Along 2?

t. someone who wasn't even aware of the ukraine situation before it happened.
I was super happy when it all went down because I had called it for 6 months before it occurred. To make things super clear to you Russia reacted to American and European influence tampering with the Ukrainian political establishment. Neither esablishment is just, sure, but America and Europe rocked the boat and ousted the Russian puppet for theirs in a VERY obvious way, clearly not fearing Russia's reaction. Russia said fuck you and escelated to military and Europe and America shat themselves, called them bullies and realised that there's another kid on the block now.
Why do you think the anti-russia shit has popped back up? Because of Putin? Why didn't it appear immediately? Why only now?
tl;dr you're a fucking idiot who can't understand the amoral mechanisms by which geopolitics functions

That's American Dad.

Did you like because it took the piss out of a group of people you hate?

Nah but I feel like the episode was really underselling how offensive Brians joke was. Yeah, yeah SJWs are evil, over reactionary, virtue signalling twats. I got that, but that doesn't make the whole "Lol white college graduates are too good for black movies" any less horrible.

Oh and what the fuck was all that shilling for Baywatch?

I never saw that. I saw them make a Chris Chan joke and people said "hey this show might be pretty cool."

Actually they didn't make fun of trump at all

Sup Forums itself makes more fun of trump than any show on Sup Forums
its just in a different way

It's your mindset that prevents people from figuring out they can be married and like meat.

Family guy has always been fine. They just have awful preachy episodes that fail at everything.

Can't speak from personal experience but I've heard a bunch of people say it's been getting better lately.

Nigger what? No one likes Brian, I liked seeing him suffer, it was just funny.

>not liking FG makes you a tumblrite

There's no doubt in my mind that you only found it funny because you agree with it politically. This was disgustingly preachy.

wow its almost like you can hate SJWs and Trump at the same time. weird.

You have made this exact post, verbatim, in every family guy thread referencing this episode. With the exact same image.

>projecting your pathetic politics this hard
No one gave a shit except shitposters and retards taken in by them. There wasn't a sudden surge of people, maybe a handful at most.

Yeah, but you must be a complete moron to believe the russian conspiracy shit

fuck off reddit

>Rush Limbaugh was portrayed as a honest intelligent man

That's pretty fucked up. Are you saying you agree with that?

youtube.com/watch?v=m0Qes3HsybM
>I sure hope candy comes out of that

Still my favorite line in the series

Yeah I feel it was never as good, or at least consistently as good, as then. Also it got...mean? I don't know I don't LIKE anyone on the show where before you had Peter and Brian running the show at least being likable on some levels

>Yeah, but you must be a complete moron to believe the russian conspiracy shit
Yeah, several high level members of Trump's cabinet have been discovered to have a direct connection to Russia that they deliberately kept secret, and his ousted National Security advisor just plead guilty to lying to cover up such a connection, but beyond that it's all just bullshit.

Note that Michael Flynn lied to the FBI after the election. Not during.

It's been good again since like season 14 or 15. Sup Forums just likes to shit on it for the sake of shitting on it.

>boo brian griffin, boo, liar
South Park did it better.

Shut

up?

You really think Klaus was the first person the CIA put in an animal's body?

>but trump is worse tho

>"hurr both sides are bad but trump is faaarrr worssse" bullshit

I think it's possible to be a principled, honest, decent and patriotic right-winger or left-winger. I think that progressives and conservatives represent a sort of necessary "push and pull" within society, edging forward worthwhile social causes and advising temperance, respectively. I think, too, that both sides have people who regard politics as nothing but a zero-sum team sport where making sure the other guys lose is more important than benefiting society as a whole.

But Trump isn't ANY of these things. He's entirely absent any guiding principles aside from spite, greed and pride. You can't even put a guy like that on a political spectrum. He's not in it for any cause other than himself.

>likes le funny depressed fat man
>thinks he gets a say in quality

Good one.

My reaction to a lot of third films these days.

Wow an educated and well thought opinion in Sup Forums that isn't filled to burst with the word cuck or poltard. Good going. But in all seriousness I agree. The problem is that alot of Trump's supporters I think are ignorant to the fact that he's in it for himself and believe that he's their bulldozer bringing down the "swamp". It's kinda scary to realize so many people just want it to crash and burn

>family guy does an episode calling out SJWs
>the very next episode has the blandest "DRUMPF IS BAD!! RUSSIA IS BAD!!! PUTIN IS BAD!!!" plot you could come up with

So what you're saying is, Seth Macfarlane is a liberal?

>artist I'm not particularly fond of.

Actually it was a pretty good episode, made fun of the left and the right. But it was a fluke, the rest of the season is bad

Family Guy honestly isn't bad at all, ot just has Really Terrible episodes that it's easy to point at and scream "that's the whole series".
And honestly a lot of people are babies who can't handle a bit of reasonable grossout, political stuff that isn't layered like that of South Park but more naive in a way, and stuff like that. They don't like "mean shows", but it's up to taste in the end.
I've always liked it, and I do agree that it's been getting better. Although I still don't trust that rapscallion Sulkin.

last season was 90% garbage

That can't be Shadman, it's not wank material.

Guys, Brian's back home!

Seasons 1-3 are legitimately good, no use trying to pretend otherwise.

>i-it was alright I... I guess; i-i-it's not like I LIKED it or anything
>b-baka

THAT'S RIGHT MEG!

OUR DOG BRIAN GRIFFIN IS DEAD!

Eh, they felt kinda boring, predictable and cheesy. I actually prefer nuFG.

I'd respectfully disagree. Trump's support doesn't come out of spite, greed, and pride, but is rather a reactionary response to the politics of the 90s and 00s. The "push and pull" you describe has been largely absent over the last twenty years as the line between progressives and conservatives has become indistinguishably blurred on all but a handful of issues. Both parties became about advancing globalism at the expense of domestic economic issues, both parties became about expanding federal power at the expense of state and personal liberties, both parties became advocating replacement migration at the expense of the native population, etc, etc, etc.

Trump is the natural reaction to that, a few tens of millions of disgruntled Americans, who feel patronized and ignored by their own representatives, lobbed a proverbial hand grenade into the middle of the whole mess in hopes that at the very least it might get their attention and wake them from their complacency.

I think Trump's presidency has, so far, been relatively benign. He's tried to follow through with a few campaign promises, dealt with a few crises, basically par for the course for most presidents in their first term. I think the idea that he's somehow been a complete fucking disaster is coming more as a result of the 24/7 outrage the media's been pushing for the last eleven months over every tweet, public event, and scoop of ice cream than as a result of anything he's actually done in his capacity as POTUS.

Same shit happened with gamers and Pewdiepie.

So I liked this episode, I liked that it continued past this episode, nut the resolution in the new episode just showed Family Guy is still trash.

Oh well at least they tried something new, but they clearly didn't have enough ideas to carry it forward longer. I think if they had waited and had Brian move back in for a christmas special it could've had a better payoff.

>I think the idea that he's somehow been a complete fucking disaster is coming more as a result of the 24/7 outrage the media's been pushing for the last eleven months over every tweet, public event, and scoop of ice cream than as a result of anything he's actually done in his capacity as POTUS.

This just irks me more than anything because it was entirely predictable too. I said last year the media would do this and I'm not saying that because I'm toting my own horn, I'm saying they're so damn corrupt one can automatically bet on and assume their corruption and bias. I just saw how Fox News treated Obama, where they made everything he did out to be a scandal and applied it to everywhere else for that prediction.

Lo and behold -- present day media.

When they have personal bias against somehow, it shows through like a dumpster fire. They make it up as they go along so anything the POTUS does, even if it's what past POTUS' have done or just normal, suddenly becomes a problem and a scandal.

Alt-Right are the new SJWs. They're a shitty group that gets butthurt constantly and projects their extremely specific and autistic world view onto everyone else any culture itself and any time you call them out on their irrationality and stupidity they act like you're part of their designated enemy group because it's impossible to just think they're a fucking annoying subculture.

I don't know about the conspiracy shit but man Putin looks like he eats baby souls

Pretty much, I doubt half the people you see losing their shit about 'Trump this' and 'Trump that' would even give a shit if the media weren't spending every day throwing a fit about how he likes his steak or how much he fed someone's fish.

NO BABY SOULS, IS TURNIP AND VODKA, MAKE YOU STRONG, PUT HAIR ON CHEST

not enough support from press for that

>if you complain about blatant racism against blacks or Hispanics, you're a SJW
>if you complain about blatant racism against Whites you're an Alt-Righter

Only seen the episode yesterday, bro. Poor Euro country here

TY

Then it seems like more and more people are starting to share your opinion

What happened in sonic boom that made poltards so giddy? Sonic looks at the camera and says "I hate niggers 16/88 hitler did nothing wrong"?

>abloobloo russia stronk russia should be free to have puppet leader in ukraine!!!111

Russian shill detected, come back to Sup Forums

Also putin decided crimea was worth crippling their economy and turning russia into a third world shithole. What a fucking moron.

>cabinet members pleading guilty to doing this shit
>"it's just a conspiracy"

epic

Getting rid of net neutrality is not benign.

shit, I've got a tattoo to remove