I've been thinking about this a while now. I was wondering...

I've been thinking about this a while now. I was wondering, would it be justifiable homicide to shoot the joker on sight? Like if you were just some random jackass, walking down the street in Gotham, and you see the joker, not doing anything, would anyone convict you if you shot him then and there?

No you go to jail for murder, but if you rape him. I--er, the police will be willing to look the other way.

Gordon pls

GCPD would not care, but Batman will haunt you down for this.

No jury would convict you, especially not in Gotham.
Keep in mind, the Joker is a known mass-murdering lunatic with a body count either in the high hundreds or the thousands, you'd have every reason to believe that if he saw you, he'd pose a clear and present danger to your life. And if there were no witnesses, the courts would have to prove that the Joker posed no threat, which is impossible, because it's the fucking Joker. The DA probably wouldn't even bother pressing charges.

I would even if they sent me to jail, its like having the cure for cancer and keep it a secret, plus you would probably meet Batman

He needs to be raped. When he's raped he won't continue to commit crimes and murder anymore.

This brings up the question of how he goes about his daily life. Does he have goons do his groceries? Who goes out to hire the goons? Maybe he gets himself jailed so he can get fed without going out in public and getting shot?

>Commishposting still lives even to this day
those threads back in the day didn't realize what sort of latent monster they just created

he goes about his day as a regular person. He was a worker at Arkham for a while in the new 52 before endgame then he became a Meat butcher until bruce became batman again

batman will put you in jail because you killed his clown husbando

I always wanted the Joker to be killed by some random guy who didn’t even realize he was shooting the Joker. Like the Joker breaks into the house of a single Dad Cop with two kids, the cop acts in according with his training and instinct and shoots the Joker dead. Happy ending, Joker’s gone, and maybe this starts a Joker Gang like Batman beyond so you can still get the Clown thing going without having to keep upping the stakes and keep Writing more and more ridiculous reasons why Joker is dead yet.

Isn’t dead yet, rather.

Only Batman is allowed to rape the Joker, it doesn't work if someone else does it.

barbatos won't let Bruce or Joker die

>Hell no! No murder! By the book! The Joker must be stopped by the book! The kamasutra that is. He has to be raped in all of the most painful positions! Preferably by Batman, but hey, if some honest citizen wants to try it, they can go ahead, as long as they record the whole thing so that I can fa- I mean, so that all of Gotham can see justice be done.

>The Joker must be stopped by the book! The kamasutra that is.
I spat out my drink.

he sure is a fag

Devil’s advocate here, anyone who shoots the Joker would probably have a large portion of the criminal underworld looking for him, either to hire him to kill other villains or to off him before he killed anyone else. Hell, some people would probably just want to be the guy who avenged Joker or whatever. The guy who killed Joker would be looking over his shoulder the rest of his life.

So Batman saves him and gives him Batman tier witness protection treatment. Maybe even offworld.

Would Joker, if he had the opportunity, fart in Batman's face?

yes

>Batman protecting the guy that killed Joker
Yeah, sure, after bringing him in for trial and moping that no one bothered to convict him.

They should arrest him because the law doesn't make exceptions, but most likely the police wouldn't want to arrest him because people would have a fucking riot if they did.

Batman would probably take him in, but the police would "accidentally" let him slip through the cracks somehow, or if he were tried the jury would all vote not guilty. At that point Batman would be satisfied because he was absolved through the process of the law.

They really should just say fuck it and make the Joker immortal at this point. We're already way past the point where Joker's ever going to go back to being a grounded villain, and there's no way DC will ever kill him off. They may as well just go all the way just to get all the "hurr ewhy doesnt batman kdill the jasoker" faggots to shut the fuck up already.

Wasted over a shitty broken argument.

And so far, this meme is pretty much exclusive to Sup Forums. Probably because it's problematic by nature and thus other sites won't touch it.

I have the biggest jokerfanwank page in my mind. I've had it for years. Everyone would lose their shit, everyone of those
>batman is responsible for joker's murders
all of the frankfags that want killers instead of heroes, all of the oldfags who can't handle the fact joker got really popular with nolan, perfect page to piss them all off.
Wondie gets fed up. Wraps the lasso around the joker to see the true of his psyche, to see if there's even any shred of goodness in him, to get him to see/admit his evil, some shit like that.
We don't see what the joker says, just that's grinning and talking and tears run down diana's horrified face.
She falls on her knees, but knows enough is enough and snaps his neck. She stays there next to joker's necksnapped corpse. Then a few panels later, flames pass over joker. He stands up, all cheerfully and happy
>yeah, because sending someone like ME to hell, would totally not backfire
>I'd totally not find a way to get infernal powers and get rezzed
Then, he'd peck diana on the cheek, thank her for giving him this opportunity, and merrily walk away, eager to test his new powers, while diana is on her knees, shocked out of her mind

There. Top jokerwanking, millions of jokerfags celebrating, milions of antijokerfags screaming.
Perfect, superb, top of the line, no one can top it.

Both Batman and Joker need to be demythologized back to simply two crazy assholes, one in a batsuit and the other in clown makeup. The sheer level of Jokerwankery in the past decade has been hard to bear across all media.

How many times have the police shown up at a crime scene, maybe Batman's tied the crooks to a telephone pole or something, and the cops just have to let them go because they have literally no evidence or witnesses? Must get annoying for the cops.

Idk why but my sides collapsed while reading this.
The thought of batman gliding away all triumphant while the police have to go through an arduous process just gets me.

Doesn't matter now that he has confirmed wolverine tier healing plit armor

Pre nu52, Joker's body count was in the thousands, yes. It was years back, but someone worked out some interesting math for that. Basically, it was statistically likely that every single person in Gotham knew someone that had been killed by the Joker. Not necessarily on a personal level, but 'that waitress at the restaurant I like', or 'that cabby I see who's always singing off-key to the radio' or 'the bellhop who said good morning to me that one time'. That kind of thing. So yeah, at one point Joker had killed enough people so that all the other millions of people in the city each knew of someone he'd killed.

There was another quote from a different forum I like. I can't quite remember how it goes, but something like:

"If I were a judge in Gotham, I'd rule it self-defence even if you shot the Joker in the back of the head from a half-mile away."