What are some of your favorite animated pilots that never became shows, Sup Forums?

What are some of your favorite animated pilots that never became shows, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QPtjK5W6Too
youtube.com/watch?v=GaqjS_IvLpg
youtube.com/watch?v=fJRGLJv2PnI
youtube.com/watch?v=_Ek5VaDTpcE
youtube.com/watch?v=o7fR6gLQ2C8
youtube.com/watch?v=5Otaq2tmNMM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=idT98H8TK-U
youtube.com/watch?v=NdrHY9zCsQk
youtube.com/watch?v=ZKpAtqwx9NQ
youtube.com/watch?v=a9XkB7OlPsU
youtube.com/watch?v=lIF8VdoWKCk&pbjreload=10
youtube.com/watch?v=5tVFu821sNQ&pbjreload=10
youtube.com/watch?v=GvOzsy1CucQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HGTRi2f84mo
vimeo.com/18602528
vimeo.com/122866087
m.youtube.com/watch?v=kZePHlH2duk
youtube.com/watch?v=4gK0uNlLa3s
youtube.com/watch?v=4bCqfJ5Qdh4
youtube.com/watch?v=7PoKWKqFE_M
youtube.com/watch?v=1qGgG0A_-So
youtube.com/watch?v=q3XJiqxCdTg
youtube.com/watch?v=e97lay2ywqM
youtube.com/watch?v=YcchrgJgryo
youtube.com/watch?v=0l940bPkV1o
youtube.com/watch?v=nwgp4vr35t8
youtube.com/watch?v=bfQXN6eeJdY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this one

youtube.com/watch?v=QPtjK5W6Too
felt like it had potential

Korgoth of Barbaria.
youtube.com/watch?v=GaqjS_IvLpg

It's not even clear what happened to it, it looked like it was going to be made and then just wasn't. It's a shame too, because it feels like a niche in cartoons that has just never been properly filled since.

Galactic KND

youtube.com/watch?v=fJRGLJv2PnI
Not a pilot but still looked fantastic and promising

Never Forget.

Eh I'm kind of glad this never got made, the main character was annoying and the premise is already worn out after 1 episode

Unrelated to OP but anytime I mention what a cartoon nobody remembers this. Granted I'm 24 and usually ask people a little younger than me, but given the airdate I shouldn't remember most of these yet I do. Goddamn autism.

youtube.com/watch?v=_Ek5VaDTpcE

I only just found out about this pilot when someone made a thread about it a few weeks ago, and it's so fun and well drawn and interesting in every way. If only it got made.

This feels like if Don Bluth created a couple of animaniacs characters

youtube.com/watch?v=o7fR6gLQ2C8

it's a safe pick, sorry

It'll still get picked up somewhere, right?

Bubsy

no idea if this would have been good, but the animation makes me insanely curious.

Holy FUCKING shit! I have SEEN that when I was a wee lad, watching CN on one of the bonus cable channels!

what was it? i forgot

Amazing Screw On Head

Am certain I heard Adult Swim picked this up a while after this came out and then.....nothing. They just dropped it. Mother Mustang, what must I do.......ANSWER ME!

youtube.com/watch?v=5Otaq2tmNMM

m.youtube.com/watch?v=idT98H8TK-U

I really like this one, but as a short rather than a pilot. I have no idea how a show of this would've worked, but this pilot has a really neat animation style and nice music.

Kitty Bobo Show

Hey hey, it's the Mike Rula :D

This one:
youtube.com/watch?v=NdrHY9zCsQk
Danny Antonucci's still got it.

Yeah, from a Goodwill.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZKpAtqwx9NQ

Magic Children Doing Things

The creator found religion and was embarrassed by what he created.

>Goodwill
>good will
>trash people do not need
Why does that organization even exist? It does not work.

Wow, I could not be more physically angry.
Source right now before I cut your head off.

Captain Buzz Cheeply
youtube.com/watch?v=a9XkB7OlPsU
This would have made for a great late 90s show.

Jon Crumb?

I remember liking this too

a tie between youtube.com/watch?v=lIF8VdoWKCk&pbjreload=10 and
youtube.com/watch?v=5tVFu821sNQ&pbjreload=10

What is this? French?

wow, its incredible

sorry but you just have the most punchable face

I wish B.A.E. was more than a small webseries.

jhonen vasquez

Felt like it would had the Courage Cowardly Dog level of creativity and quality to it episode by episode with a few god-tier ones in there.

youtube.com/watch?v=GvOzsy1CucQ

Remind me of Tom & Jerry but not as dated to be honest. Even the new Tom & Jerry cartoon seem to stick with dated ideas for the most part.

Does Mina and the Count...count? It never became a full series, but it had shorts on What a Cartoon and Oh Yeah Cartoons.

It counts imo but there is surprisingly a decent amount of cartoons for something that never got officially made. I can see why no one would pick it up though, kinda weird to have a cartoon telling kids that it is ok to hang out with older adult strangers. Like as a pure cartoon it was great but I realistically can see why it should never exist as one.

It's nothing like courage the cowardly dog, courage the cowardly dog's artstyle is pretty unique and its something that you can tell is by Dilworth. This is just slapstick using an artstyle that was pretty generic for the 90's.

Yeah, What a Cartoon! birthed almost every popular 90's Cartoon Network show they had, so it's sad more people don't talk about how influential it was. Even the ones that didn't get picked up were original and weird enough they are still enjoyable. The only ones I remember being really snooze-tastic where the Flintstone ones.

this one
youtube.com/watch?v=HGTRi2f84mo

I think "it should never exist as one" is going too far, but I see what you mean. Reading the episode descriptions is reminding me of that guy on Sup Forums who was making a comic about a guy befriending a young girl who gives him relationship advice and goes on practice dates with him, and everyone started making fun of the guy, calling him a pedo.

>a screenshot of some YT guy is actually you

Literally Mission Hill for furries.

>Here i sit with a grandest p-pp- uh, poobahs of idiots the likes of which bu-ba, BIG cHITTY HAS SEEN IN THIS MILLENNIUM!
>I want this mad buh, velmer stop RIGHT NOW!

Commander Cork

I imagined this would've taken place during different time periods like ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece, the Middle Ages, WW2, etc.

Screw-On Head was so good. They really preserved the comic's feel.

vimeo.com/18602528

vimeo.com/122866087

apparently there was not enough budget and/or too costly to produce

I found this cartoon quite disturbing because in the end he murdered the Eskimo couple and was likely going to get the death penalty.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kZePHlH2duk

youtube.com/watch?v=4gK0uNlLa3s

People like to think they aren't in the worst timeline until you realize Big Bang Theory got picked up and Eltingville Club didn't.

Christ I remember all of these. How often did cartoon network replay these? I know they weren't one-off plays because I recall seeing these repeat often.

This is my favorite as well. I've seen this pilot so many times and it never stops being entertaining. I think a lot of that is owed to how great the voice cast is.

top of head i got 2:

youtube.com/watch?v=4bCqfJ5Qdh4

youtube.com/watch?v=7PoKWKqFE_M

as a side note, found of ralph bakshi made a cartoon pilot...and it feels nothing like a kid`s cartoon.
youtube.com/watch?v=1qGgG0A_-So

[citation needed]

Eh, it kind of lacks the same bite that comics have.

It makes more sense for the Eltingville Club to stand united against everyone else in their quest to make comics worse for the general population, anyway. Having them be actual (albeit still dysfunctional and self-destructive) friends is more entertaining than 4 guys that hate each other.

I still love the comics though desu

Never even seen this and I've seen most of these pilots.

Very Important House. Disney/Titmouse.

This is pretty much The Anime Club but expanded to cover every nerdy topic and I like it a lot.

Wow I've seen nearly all of the what a cartoon pilots. Don't think I've ever seen a goddamn Bakshi cartoon. Holy crap.

I feel like an Eltingville TV series wouldn't have worked that well. I think today a movie would work better, especially considering how normalized geek shit is nowadays.

I`m honestly surprised Ralph Bakshi making a "tame, kid-friendly oriented" cartoon still ended up like this.
Loved the entire pilot, but definitely felt like i could have fit into more of an adult-swim lineup.

Ralph is unable to produce anything family-friendly. Must have drugs and prostitutes. MUST.

firedogs 2 is pretty family friendly

youtube.com/watch?v=q3XJiqxCdTg

i still wonder to this day if a cartoon with a silent protagonist would work with today`s kids?

d'aw, this girl is really cute

Huh, this is pretty nice. In a soothing kind of way.
It's easy to forget how goddamn TALKATIVE shows are these days.

this looks like a Futurama rip off

Apparently, this pilot was never intended to be greenlit. Which is a shame since it looks really interesting with it's past-future subplot gimmick.

Pic related is what the creator decided to work on instead.

i like this simplicity, its fantastically brilliant

>youtube.com/watch?v=1qGgG0A_-So
what i'm getting from this is that I should learn to pick up trumpet and get me some puss

i thought it did get picked up? the creator has been saying it has.

Gorgeous. What happened to it?

>Read about Korgoth of Barbaria
>People go on and on about how "it's a shame it was never picked up"
>Finally decide to check it out
>mfw it's another lame "SERIOUS BUT TOTALLY NOT LE SERIOUS BECAUSE IT'S LE FUNNY" shitshow like Archer or Venture Bros or Rick & Morty

Is this honestly the best American animation can produce? Poop jokes and violence?

I'm glad this shit was never picked up, it's already bad enough dealing with fans of those aforementioned cancertoons, but this would have just been another annoying notch in Adult Swim's subpar offerings. This is the kind of joke I'd expect if the show had been picked up:

>>Korgoth has violent diarrhea, so he uses a giant monsters head as a toilet like he's Duke Nukem LMAO

Is this truly worth lamenting over?

Shorts that were actually pitched to networks or just any animation that sets up a longer storyline?

youtube.com/watch?v=YcchrgJgryo
youtube.com/watch?v=0l940bPkV1o

3 Dog Band.
only for this scene.

Taken on its own as a half-hour parody of the "Conan" films, "Korgoth" is fine. But had "Korgoth" gotten the greenlight, it would have become a bore of constant shit, gore, and sex jokes chained together by a threadbare plot that maybe would've gotten "deeper" during the season finalé. The same thing literally happened to "Superjail" and "Metalocalypse" - although the latter had just enough of a compelling overall plot that gave some sense of worth to the constant stream of ultraviolence.

>Is this honestly the best American animation can produce? Poop jokes and violence?

Yes, it is. Seriously, the closest that American animation has come to producing a truly "adult" show is, believe it or not, "King of the Hill".

youtube.com/watch?v=nwgp4vr35t8
It still hurts.

I can see why this didn't get greenlit. It's pretty much just any slice of life/ "F.r.i.e.n.d.s" type show with furries.

>that redhead

planet kate youtube.com/watch?v=bfQXN6eeJdY

Deadtime Stories

The project got dropped probably because of budget. Ankama is trying yet to get the rights of the cartoon to resume its development.

Is this Neo Yokio?

Amazing Screw on Head