Work On Your Art Thread

Work On Your Art Thread

Show Sup Forums your art, and we hopefully will be able to constructively critique and help you improve.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/p3vp7Hcv
docdroid.net/aWdaibc/prebible-internet.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Heres my inked image of the phantasm. How did i do?

bamp

most recent sketch page

bump

>Pink face
Work on those noses, tumblr syndrome can be a bad thing. Don't make them take up more than 50% of the face. If it's a preference for identifying male between female, as it stands out to the other pictures of females and I can only assume that's a male face, make the nose more masculine, not longer. It should never be that big unless that specific character in particular calls for it, and even then, a masculine face would be ions of improvement from a wide, bland face.
>Other Pictures
Nice job. Green chick's arms are broken and that hand is a bit too long with the proportions I'm looking at here. Nice lower bodies, you have a well enough understanding of anatomy to draw legs and center, so the most I can take out it is that your hands, arms, and faces need work. Something to push it to the next level, cause right now, I can see the features, but they're not that flashy or appealing to the eye. Remember that it's ok to stray from the norm, but it's also good to still be in line with the basics. When you're in line with the basics, it's a whole lot easier to stray from the path and start trying for faces that will really catch the eye.

Good job user. Though a bit bland, I'm sure a good transition to pixels or tons of improvements on penmanship can make her speak paragraphs about the discomfort she's feeling for being drawn in the first place.

Wonderful capture user, but I can see those stains! Try and work on your stroke-game per-say. Scratching is all well and good, but you'll never improve your muscle memory if you always scratch the line into existence, and the inconsistency of lines makes it painfully obvious. Practice strokes, draw circles, ovals, heck, random curves to get the feel for them, and be confident about the shape you want to make, or else you'll just be staring at a paper following the pen along the way. You must guide the pen, not the other way around!

I love to draw simplistic cartoons

Do you mean simple or do you like making cartoons that are bad on purpose?

fuck off, user.
You've been tagtailing me around Sup Forums like a child. Remember you have to be 18 yo or older to be here.

What should i do to improve (I draw hands decent trust me)

thanks, i kinda stopped practicing for a quite a while now.

Draw what you love, once you draw what you love you'll want to add to it and start finding new things to explore

What should i do to improve (I draw hands decent trust me.)

pretty good!

I've never seen you before.
I'm legitimately asking, simplistic literally means oversimplifying to the point it's TOO simple.
I'm not trying to insult you, just ask if that's an aesthetic you like to go for or if you just used the wrong word.

Yeah the nose, I wasn't going for Tumblr style. Just happened i guess.
That's for The crits. It gives me something to work off of and its a much better critique than ic even gave me lol.
Definitely gonna put some work in on the faces and limbs

Now I feel like a paranoid freak.
Sorry for my defensive behaviour, I've got an user giving me shit on Sup Forums or anywhere my drawings are posted. And to answer your question I do both, I choose a more simplistic esthetic or draw them badly on purpose but since I'm more fond of trying out different things I prefer going for esthetics.

Thank you!

WIP

Incredibles 2 is looking great

Thanks*

/ic/ is naturally filled with those very passionate for art. It unfortunately clouds their judgement when it comes to critiquing others, as they start to see specific artstyles as the only acceptable artstyles. Combine that with the plethora of guides that fortify realism and definition over creativity and the lively spark I love in drawings, and you get people who accept such dull aspects for what could be a still blooming artist. An outside perspective is always a help, from a former professional to someone completely unaware of artistic taste, because generally too much overflows the pallet and too little leads to a uncreative perspective.
What cute pictures! Your choice of aesthetics fits the work completely in my opinion. Though I can clearly see the stray strokes missed and erased over. Some say the dirty adds to the appeal, but I was always the one to erase mistakes completely as the bugged me to no end. It's completely up to you if you prefer the dirty artstyle or choose to clean up a bit. The lower body lacks some definition. I can't quite pinpoint it between misplacement or out of proportion, but your second picture shows like a lens. Skinny boy with very muscular legs? Feels off, as if he's lacking the muscle in other areas to back up the claim. Other than that, you seem to focus most on the upper portion of the body, because It's very appealing to the eye, even at a standpoint. If anything at all? Try and look at muscles some more, get a feel for how someone could get such legs with no upper body work out, because it seems almost impossible to me, unless you were going for regular legs in which case, fix the extra growths. To me, that looks like a boy who has the legs of a runner, but the upper body of a weak boy.

He is a she tho...

Oh... OH! Huh... I'm sorry, it completely slipped my mind. I really should read filenames more, and with such well... boyish features, it's honestly hard to tell. Physique of a boy, looks of a boy besides the hair being slightly longer. As if the >draws girl, calls it a boy, meme was reversed. Very hard tomboy? No underlying factors besides the name, but the male and female do share face models, but the bodies appear different in small, but obvious details. Much more than the "lack of chest", whether for humor or otherwise, that just looked like a guy to me, albeit a very weak one with toned legs. Maybe you could do something to make her look more feminine without the tomboyish persona getting ruined? More rounded edges, but same style and looks could do the trick. Her body's just drawn like a guy's... something for you to figure out I suppose, it's just what I perceive from it at first glance, and when something has to be corrected by the artist, unintentional or not, is usually a bad sign. Never strive to confuse the viewer, because for all you know, they could be just looking at the art, as I did. So unless it's most definitely for humor's sake, you should fix it to a degree that you're still happy with it and the viewer can easily see the difference in genders.(which should be none by the looks of it, hopefully...)

Couple of random character designs I did recently.

Working on an space suit design.I really want to keep minimalistic and simple

Been updating my style more and more, veering to the more realistic side of things, drawing from life, using references and what not. Taking my time, the usual. I think it's gone well. Here's some stuff I did today.

This one leans more heavy on the reference than the other two do.

user please talk me out of continuing holy shit this is tedious

nice i love these threads

bump

im can't quite figure out what you're drawing yet. but it looks interesting. I'd say finish it.
the values are real nice though keep at it.

derivative but it came out okay

I'm quite happy with this cover

WE

>every time

dindus in SPAAAaaAaAAaACcEE

what did you expect

It's just it gets repetitive after the tenth is all.

You forgot the was.

These are more like rough sketches. I have been testing with brushes and colors.

The project:
>pastebin.com/p3vp7Hcv
>docdroid.net/aWdaibc/prebible-internet.pdf

Bump

Don't hesitate criticizing and giving tips.

Un français!

I sketch I got requested to do a few days ago

Deux Français!

A little sketch I got requested to do a few days ago

I like this one, the colours used in this is pretty good

Why would you bust your own butt on the ground like this?

I wouldn't worry about user trying to shame you with "tumblr" It looks fine.

And making this for a promo thing on a news site's instagram.

i made this yesterday

enjoy your moment of fame.
wow...so brave...so fierce...powerful

I wish people would be banned for improper use of ellipses.

Yeah you're right, it was my first time drawing something like that so I didn't really know what I was doing

>wow...so brave...so fierce...powerful
Can't tell if ironic

I love this. Can't make heads or tails of others comments but your art has a solid style I really like it super polished. Would pick up in a book store/10

Thanks!

In fact its available here : gumroad.com/juniba

Issue 2 is coming out in two days though, so you might as well subscribe and wait for it.

just some shitty progress