What would you have changed

>make Granny Goodness and the Female Furies the villains
>have scenes of Granny Goodness on Apokolips letting the audience know what a New God is
>let the Mother Box actually ping and make the boom tubes sound better
>have one Mother Box on earth instead of three and Granny wants it because humans don't deserve the Source
>have Hal or Orion join and he could also work as an exposition dump

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MzSe_K2lgoY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What would you have changed

remove the kinoman

You mean Hack Snideman, or JosSJWhedon?

And Superman?

>GG and the Furies are beating the shit out of the League
>off screen: "My Pa told me to never it a lady"
>GG goes flying
>"But I'd think he'd make an exception"

not hide fucking superman from the promotional material as if it's a secret he'll be coming back anyway

>Granny Goodness and the Female Furies the villains

This. GG and the Furies could have been breakout characters like Harley Quinn. It would be nice for New Gods characters to have some mainstream love.

>remove cyborg
>make not edgy aquaman
>change flash actor
>remove Lois Lane
>Insert Lobo

>make superman,Batman and wonder woman before BvS
>Make superman/wonder woman/batman 2 and flash/cyborg/aquaman before justice league
>make the characters apparence/personality the most loyal to the source possible
>don't kill superman at BvS

Snyder. Whedon didnt do anything wrong. Hell, people shoukd be grateful for his efforts. The RottenTomatoes score could have been a lot lower without his intervention. But like a terminal illness, Whedon couldn't save Justice League, he merely eased the suffering for as long as he could

have more movies set in the present time between BvS and JL. I just don't feel the impact of Superman's return when it was only 1 year ago. Aquaman and Flash should have had movies to introduce us to their personalities and lore, cyborg was in fact a perfect introduction in JL since his background had more relevance in the plot of the movie than the rest of the cast. I'm sorry but Superman immediately bodying Steppenwolf just reinforces the joke that he doesn't need the league

This would imply it was salvageable. Its very foundation is shit. Only right answer would have been a hard reboot. Everything is wrong.

>Whedon didn't do anything wrong
>people should be grateful
>caring about RT scores
Oh my god, just end yourself.

fire everyone and start form scratch

This
>pessimistic uncharismatic superman
>batman shooting dozens of people
>wonder woman giving up humanity for 100 years
>aquaman and flash look and act NOTHING like comic counterparts
>cyborg design is a fucking joke

They are not Justice League, they're snyder donut steel version of the characters created to be the opposite of their comic version.

he's right, all the best scenes, like Superman v the JL, were Whedon's doing

We will never have a sexy live-action Lashina. :( Would that this movie have been made in the 80s. We would have had a look like this.

Does Clark even call Jonathan "Pa" or is it "my father"? Because "Pa" seems too affectionate and antiquated for the Snyderverse.

No that fight was a Snyder scene, Whedon just changed the lighting in post.

I thought superman was more charismatic in this the in either of the previous films

>not put Zack Snyder in charge
is really the only step you need.

No in Snyder's version Superman whipped it out and took a piss in Aquaman's face and then farted in Batman's mouth

>make Granny Goodness and the Female Furies the villains
This is exactly what I would have changed. Steppenwolf is cool and all but he just lacks the charisma Granny has. The Furies also give the league members good individual or team up fights and better spice up the action.

I don't know why people think that scene was Wheadon. There's no CGI lip and Batfleck isn't bloated.

That's fucking hilarious, upvoted.

>Three weekends
>Hasn't passed what Avengers had in me weekend Domestically

At least it'll make it's money back over time.

Not kill him in his second movie.

user... this movie isn't making more than $700 million. It's a failure

I didn't say it wasn't a failure, I said overtime it'll make it's money back.

Jesus Christ

is predicted that it need to make 600 to 750 millions to break ever with all the costs in the production and advsertiment.

However it would still means that WB didn't got one cent making this movie, they wasted a year to get no money at all. Technically that means losing hundreds of millions since they could have used this time to make a movie that profit.

my main issue with the movie is how it deals with characters. I don't mind the plot being a bit dumb.

>Keep Batman a bitter humorless cunt with some drops of inspiration and sarcasm along the way (DCAU Batman)
>replace Aquamomoa with actual Arthur
>do Cyborg with practical FX
>keep Barry's voice and tone consistent with the scene with his father. The reluctant hero thing where he needs a push from Batman is a nice touch though

Made it 2 hours of reenactments of ridiculous comic pages.

>Make Man Of Steel 2, The Batman and Wonder Woman before BVS, then make Flash and Aquaman. Then do Justice League

As someone who doesn't read much DC, those names are stupid. I guarantee you Warner Brothers will never put out an edgy summer blockbuster featuring villains called, "Granny Goodness and the Female Furies."

Maaaaybe they could just call her "Granny", but even that's pushing it.

Why the fuck is everyone suggesting Granny goodness all the sudden? Is it some popular bullshit opinion that some reddit faggot made up and then casuals started posting it on youtube videos to get thumbs up?
This. people don't give a shit about Snyder. Most of the shit people liked about the movies seem to be Whedon related.

Because she's more of a character than Steppenwulf. Not to mention she's more connected with the New Gods, Darkseid, and characters like Barda and Mister Miracle

Is shittposting, jsut like starro, those are ridiculous villains and a easy target for shitposting

WRONG
>Villain is Desaad, he can use Furies
>Goal: Acquire Kryptonian, box on earth is unknown
>Desaad reprogramming Superman, shows audience and him what New Gods are, what The Source is, and who Supes will serve "DIE FOR DARKSEID"
>Discovers Motherbox of Earth, after opening his boomtube reactivated it
>tries to take it for himself, sends parademons
>JL learn to use their abilities not to suck ass
>defeat Furies only for Desaad to unveil black suit Superman as distraction and tool to take over earth
>earth isn't fucking terra-formed
>BvS fight but with the whole team, team wins (Barry can sap speed, Bruce can weaken him and WW and Aquamoa finish him)
>Cyborg uses the Motherbox inside himself to restore Supes brain as its been lobotomized
>Desaad calls Furies and Lash, they fight until Supes is better, JL wins
>Supes and Cyborg are exposed to The Source for a moment
>weeks later Orion comes after the battle to claim the Motherbox for New Genesis, Green Lantern arrives to claim it for the Guardians
>Summit in the newly built Watchtower (reverse-engineered from New Gods shit, Motherbox, kryptonian ship, and cyborg)
>Everyone agrees that the Box will remain protected on Earth.
>Batman teases asking Cyborg for help on a defense program hes working on, based on MOTHER Box's AI
>GL and Flash joke around, WW & Orion flirt
>GL gets called away, "what do you mean the their city is just gone?"
>they go back to earth promising to reunite blah blah blah

>> Throw everything from the Snyderverse out the window
>> Remove Cyborg and put him in a Teen Titans movie
>> Have Ryan Reynolds as Barry Allen, recast Aquaman
>> Arnie Hammer as Hal Jordan, Dwayne Johnson as Martian Manhunter
>> No dead Superman, no BvS
>> The original seven fight Starro, no mother boxes
>> Post-credits scene. Willem Dafoe as the Joker sitting in his cell in Arkham Asylum. Nicholas Cage as Lex Luthor (using the costume from Alex Ross' Justice miniseries) teleports in, and they talk about how their enemies are now in league. Joker says "You're talking about a League of our own", while Luthor says "More like a Legion."
>> JL2 is a JLA versus LoD story with Luthor and Brainiac, combining Tower of Babel with Justice.
>> JL3 is a Crisis-type story involving Darkseid and Vandal Savage (old enemy of the JSA and Wonder Woman), drawing on Final Crisis and Rock of Ages. It would crossover with the Justice Society and be a homage to the annual teamups of the Silver Age.
>> Give Superman his red overpants back

I can’t see any possible outcome where this has proper context

I would started from scratch. First movie is a Braniac/Starro invasion. Make it light and campy, but still have it be genuine. None of that "lol comics armirite" shit in the Marvel movies. Post credits scene is Dan Turin finding Orion dying in a dumpster. His last words are "He is in you all." Do a bunch of solo films slowly building up to Darkseid and the New Gods with Intergang and shit. Final movie is a Mister Miracle exposition dump with Shilo Norman. Than do a two parter Darkseid invasion. Superman beats Darkseid after a long battle in the sun. Finds out he has cancer, then on to All-Star Superman

To be honest, I feel like you'd have to limit me in some way because there's way too much I'd change and I even enjoyed the movie to an extent.

If I had to change everything:

>replace Cyborg with GL
>villain is Starro the Conqueror
>introduces Martian Manhunter as well (maybe even J'onn played by Ray Fisher, as I thought he was pretty damn good with what he had to work with)
>spend a bit more time in Atlantis and properly introduce Mera
>no New Gods whatsoever
>recast Barry and Aquaman, maybe Ryan Gosling as Arthur Curry
>make both actually act like themselves
>BvS never fucking happened, Superman is still alive
>every member but MM gets their own solo movie

If I HAD to save JL as it was:

>replace Steppenwolf with Granny Goodness, maybe throwing in Desaad and Glorious Godfrey as well, if not Kalibak
>Granny Goodness is mostly working by herself but with Parademons (I feel like the Female Furies should be saved for a JL sequel or a New Gods movie, although their inclusion could give us something new with a powerful supervillain team that aren't just analogous of the main characters and they could introduce Big Barda that way as well)
>movie also introduces Intergang, with them prepping up for Darkseid's invasion, their dealing with Apokalips, etc.
>Granny Goodness would be sent in to supervise them and help prepare the first phase of Darkseid's plan
>Superman isn't that much more powerful than the rest of the League. Still clearly more powerful, but the League sans Batman should be enough to at least restrain him for some time
>better fucking chemistry between Superman and Lois Lane
>Barry Allen isn't a fucking goofball and Aquaman isn't Loboquaman

LOL

I liked the part where the family in the farm house were the only representations of imperiled humanity so you knew in your gut nothing bad would happen to them, and the all armed themselves with Chekhov's gun and bugspray, and barricaded themselves in their house with Chekhov's chairs, shutters and assorted barricading material, and then they were never actually attacked by the creatures, their barricade was never broken down, they never had to fire their gun or bugspray, and they just left out the backdoor and got into their truck and drove away. That whole situation was a great example of the constant set-ups without payoffs that really kept me immersed in the whole reality of the screenplay from start to finish.

aquaman's comic look would be even worse with the tone of the movie

I agree with this but I also didn't HATE the movie either. WW shows us that it's possible that they can get the spirit of the characters right. I'm really iffy on Dudebroquaman and Bazinga Flash but if moving forward, they undergo some character grown and begin to act more like their comic book versions, I'm okay with that. The only exception is Superman, kinda. I honestly kinda feel like the well's already been poisoned with him. Almost all of his scenes were fucking bad, except for the one in the very beginning when he was talking to the kid and the race at the end with the Flash. They need to show him being less restrained in his Superman persona and having more fun, enjoying himself.

One thing I hated was that JL didn't retcon WW leaving humanity for 100 years. I was so upset when Batman gave her shit for it. They should've just quietly ignored that shit.

I'm willing to give them a chance.

Well, except for Lex Luthor and the Joker. They fucked them up so hard that I pretty much have no hope for either. The stinger at the very end just made me remember that they got the worst possible person to be Lex Luthor. Ruined the hype for Deathstroke and the Legion of Doom for me.

Perhaps have cyborgs body actually be a motherbox. Have there only be one more motherboard and it's the ones the atlanteabs have. For some reason other motherbox is in danger of exploding/ evil atlantean wants to use it to destroy surface dwellers.
Sea levels start rising, random sea creature attacks in gotham, ocean destroying things.
Aquaman's sonar picks up a high pitch whine that he follows to Gotham harbor.
Aquamans first introduction is in fight sequence with evil atlantean.
Wind up on peer/land.
Villain about to win ( drops some line about how weak the blood line of the former queen was/ how weak half bloods are)
When villain about to kill Aquaman flash pulls/drags Aquaman out of way.
Flash explains he's felt massive surges of energy in pulses coming from gotham city.
Says he's traced it to an underwater facility that he cant access.
Flash and Aquaman attempt to infiltrate, cant get in but see an old logo for Wayne industries.
Break into Wayne manor/ confront Wayne at Wayne industries:
If break into Wayne manor: flash heads to kitchen and opens fridge ( closes and fridge and Batman is standing right beside him.
Flash back to Aquaman: breaking sound is heard. Aqua man runs to find flash's hands and feet glued To floor/ tied up on floor with a gag on his mouth.
Aquaman looks around Batman throws bottle of knockout gas, doesn't work. Aquaman charges. Fight ensues with Batman throwing punches and then anything he can get his hands on. Aquaman gets Batman in death hold.
Aquaman: " whats wrong, cant fly?"
Batman hits own chest ( charging hum)
Batman: " I can conduct"
Shoots cable into pools of water Aquaman is standing in.
Aquaman knocked out.
Flash and Aquaman wake up in cage designed to keep them inside.
Batman over speaker/ walks in / looks through see through cage walk.
" we've been waiting for you."
Wonder woman steps out of corner.
Batman explains the energy pulses and tremors.
Aquaman Begrudgingly agree to work together.

Rest of movie I haven't figured out yet but superman won't be in it.
Final shot/ end credit scene is a shadowy figure digging up superman's grave. Opens casket, pause, laughs meniachly, pan/zoom to empty casket. End scene

Not that relevant, but by god that's a terrible poster

Batman shooting people isn't even the core issue. He's basically comic relief in JL and it comes across as cringeworthy.

Superman jokes about how he should've stayed dead, WW is bland without a superior actor to bounce off of, Cyborg's design is god awful and Flash and Aquaman are discount Spider-Man and Thor, respectively. Not that I hate their portrayals, but they're blatantly false.

He is, but know that's not saying much

>Batman shooting people isn't even the core issue. He's basically comic relief in JL and it comes across as cringeworthy.
I hated this shit so much. Seemed so jarring considering how seriously he took himself in BvS and how he was killing people left and right there.
>Superman jokes about how he should've stayed dead
I fucking hated this. I'm not opposed to Superman actually being funny or saying something a little out-of-character every once in a while for the sake of humor but this just didn't sound like Superman at all.
>WW is bland without a superior actor to bounce off of,
Agreed with this.
>Cyborg's design is god awful
At least the end teased hard plating for his body. Still didn't look so good though.
>Flash and Aquaman are discount Spider-Man and Thor, respectively.
Flash was obnoxious but Aquaman, while pretty OoC, wasn't so bad and I didn't really get Thor vibes from him. They clearly tried to make him more of a "cool" dude to make normies accept him though.

No Superman.

I'm not joking. Remove Superman in this movie. The very, very first Avengers comic didn't have Captain America. And the movie, imho, was doing good with Batman and his league doing their best to combat a far superior force to them. It had tension. It had concern. There was a fear Steppenwulf could actually win. And hell, the League already had their IMBA superpower: Wonder Woman had the power of a Greek Goddess.

I haven't seen the film yet vut I would not have made motherboxs so dam important.i know it's Johns fault for making cyborgs origin one but still.

Doesn't this film need a good 6 and a half million to break even?
They might fucking lose money on this shit.

Have Flash be a guy who hides his fear and insecurities behind actual humor instead of just being awkward
While I liked Aquaman nothing he did had much of an impact as if they were prepared to write him out of the movie at any time, so either come up with an acceptably contrived reason for him to be there or take him out
Tone down the CGI on Cyborg to the point where he's still inhuman and freaky but not physically hard to look at

Directors.

That's why people keep comparing DCEU superman to that video?
youtube.com/watch?v=MzSe_K2lgoY

How do you feel about

Like how marvel hid Spider-Man from the civil war promos?

>>Batman teases asking Cyborg for help on a defense program hes working on, based on MOTHER Box's AI
"I picture a suit of armour around the world"
It was done in Age of Ultron, mate.

But he wasn't hidden

>WW shows us that it's possible that they can get the spirit of the characters right.
They had to retcon all snyder ideas though