X-23 thread

I started reading new wolverine and find
I actually like the new wolverine run, it's not as bad as some said.
But why is both Laura and Daken become much more normalized ? Laura no longer wear her Gothic seductive clothes style, instead she dress more and more normally and talk unlike she used to.
Daken also went from that evil baster big brother that you don't want anything to to with to that big brother that although is a jackass, still a very supportive family member and big brother that will back you up.
Does all these has to do with Loganas death ?

>But why is both Laura and Daken become much more normalized ? Laura no longer wear her Gothic seductive clothes style, instead she dress more and more normally and talk unlike she used to.
Muh character development. Sort of like with Stranger Things season 2 what they did with Eleven, she went from shy socially maladjusted experiment victim to hanging out with a gang of punks in Chicago and subsequently lost some of her charm. She became less someone you want to protect and more someone normal.

What about Daken personality ?

looks like its that time of month again.
the main problem with AN Wolverine in X-23's case is it was rapid character development shoved into trying to make her into an upbeat version of wolverine. which doesnt sound bad on paper but in practice it happened in the span of 2 issues. They literally cured her of her trigger scent/killed kimura and located her cousin in all of 20 pages shoving years of soul searching arcs into a cloning blues story. All this is also added with the fact that X-23 herself says in ANXmen she has been faking the behavior until she makes if FOR THE SAKE OF ANGEL OF ALL PEOPLE angel! is a harsh slap in the face to her self perseverance to do things for herself alone.
On the note of her dressing normally now thats also stupid as her past statements have been that she likes to dress like a goth and that was in her own series she established dressing in bright colors wasnt her thing, as well as in Circle of Four her antithesis was a cheerleader and she said that that would never be her HER ANTITHESIS!

so if you like the all new wolverine laura you probably havent read past material, and dont give me that natural progression into wolverine shit either. Laura has gone on the record saying she willl never and didnt ever want to be wolverine, she said this to dakan she said this to wolverine, even emma so in short FUCK ANwolverine

>looks like its that time of month again.
Is this referring to
?
I wasn't defending the changes, I was saying why people (including me) don't like it.

The only reason X stopped dressing Goth is they put her and Nico Minoru in the same book

This is great! It looks like what nornal sister will interact with one and the other

>character development

More like character debasement. She's nothing but a generic female with claws now.

At least they showed 11 going through the character development and learning how to English good and all that shit. They just one day said Laura was past all her bull.

FUCK OFF, WINGBAT!

How much was this edited?
The picture is obvious but what about the rest?

I like how we haven‘t seen her aunt and cousin in almost 10 years on page and yet after Laura rejoins with them we never even got a single conversation between the three. The previous arc went on a fucking space adventure to avoid it and now this current arc seems to pretend like these characters were never gone. You can‘t just introduce characters that have been missing for years into your book without doing anything with them. What‘s the fucking point of that.
I really dislike this fucking book. It pretends to make Laura more emotional, but it actually just ends up more devoid of emotion than ever.

>in almost 10 years
scratch that. It‘s over 10 years.

It‘s completely rewritten obviously.

No, it's just yet another attempt to capture the mythical "comic-reading women" market, so they have to make her relatable and make her a typical bland young adult who uses social media and teaches grrrrrrrrl powa to her clone so that she too may grow up to fight le patriarchy.
I wish she was more like Logan, all angry and in in pain from the claws tearing out of his hands all the time and prone to rage and violence, but she's just another bland teeheehee role model type. Boring.

Can we get a story that actually reassesses Laura‘s relationship with her mother?
I mean Sarah Kinney was basically either a mad scientist doing things for the hell of it or a genius without morals for hire. The fact that she stuck with the Facility even after Laura‘s birth and before she really could‘ve formed a bond with her makes me question was at the facility for about a decade if she worked on more than just Laura in the meantime.
The way she is characterised through her actions makes me think she could‘ve easily been a former rank and file member of AIM.
It‘s also unlikely that she didn‘t have a hand in at least some of the cruelties done to Laura even if it was just to prevent even worse things.
Keep in mind that Laura‘s only account of what really happened at the Facility is entirely her mother‘s own account.
And yet despite all of that, to Laura she‘s just her innocent mother and basically a saint.
I‘d really love to see a story that tries and subverts that.

Maybe I‘m antagonizing Sarah a bit too much here, but it still could make for an interesting story in my mind.

*The fact that she stuck with the Facility even after Laura‘s birth and before she really could‘ve formed a bond with her makes me question if she worked on more than just Laura in the meantime.

noto draws some of the best Laura