Moral Orel

Who wants to get dark? I love this show not because it's dark just to be dark, but because it actually says something with it's less than mirthful themes. Watching it again, I really can't get over how terrible a father Clay is. Someone who can on the surface say they are there for their son, but looking just a tad deeper reveals quite a disgusting relationship. However, I can't help but feel sorry for Clay, because his father sort of did the same thing, only in a different way.

Season 3 is what got the show cancelled, as execs hated how dark it was, they wanted more funny. I don't see where they are coming from however as the show is still hilarious, it just knows when it's time to be funny and when it's time to critically examine the nature of father/son relationships, our relationship with god, and a variety of other issues. So there's an actually topic, what are you favorite episodes of Moral Orel?

Other urls found in this thread:

moralorel.wikia.com/wiki/Raped
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I don't see where they are coming from however as the show is still hilarious.

It really wasn't. It was still good, but it wasn't nearly as funny as previous seasons.

So I can see why Adult Swim, who wants comedy, wouldn't want to keep paying for it when it stopped being comedic.

Dumb made gave me quite a feel or two

Still, why can't there be room for a show that does both? I mean other as shows have successfully married comedy and sensitive topics/themes.

I have really bad epilepsy. One day I had a seizure so bad I stopped breathing and was pronounced dead for two minutes. I watched the entirety of this show for the first time three months ago, and a scene made my heart sink. When Orel gets struck by lightning and dies, that dark, blackish crimson void he ends up in is what I experienced when I was dead. It was horrifying to see it again.

At least Nurse Bendy gets a happy ending. Alone made me feel so bad for her.

>Still, why can't there be room for a show that does both? I

There can be.

However in its final season, Moral Orel had pretty much given up on the comedy and was going for other stuff. There was the occasional humorous instance, but the show was no longer really a comedy.

Well that and anime action.

>>Well that and anime action.

Meant to say that Adult Swim prioritizes shows that have lots of comedy. Well that and anime action.

To me it felt like they wanted to wrap up the show with the 3rd season, since every character arc was finished.

Christ user, I can't even imagine. What making me frightened about my own mortality is that I don't know if what you've described is it. Is that just what happened in your case or is that all we have to look forward to when we die, just a void. Nothing. Complete emptiness. I shudder to think.

>To me it felt like they wanted to wrap up the show with the 3rd season, since every character arc was finished.

3rd season wasn't intended to be the last. They wanted to go for at least another season. However while they were in season 3, Adult Swim made not of the dramatic shift in focus away from comedy and decided they weren't going to keep paying for 20 episode seasons of a show that was no longer a comedy, so they negotiated for a couple more episodes that would let them wrap things up and just let the show end.

If its any consolation, I was only dead for a short period as with Orel, so it could be my brain slowly decaying instead of my consciousness leaving my body.

Ah, I didn't research into it further since it seemed to wrap it up well enough in my eyes. I am glad I finally watched it, I saw it always airing and on commercials but never watched it as a kid.

I thought the episode where the adults stop trying to give Orel advice and parts of the episode where Clay doesn't let him go to church funny

Welp, they say the head remains at least 5 minutes working frantically even after the body has given up. Some weird spooky shit.

Has anyone else read the script for “raped”?

Is it up anywhere? I'd be happy to read them

Hold on, I have the link somewhere

moralorel.wikia.com/wiki/Raped

yeah, that was he 3rd episode of the season. The episodes before that were funny too.

The episode after that was "Alone". There's one more funny episode where Doughy gets a gun, and then all the rest are the more serious episodes.

Decay wouldn't set in so quickly, the bacteria that eat flesh would need to move into your body first