Is Apu a racist character with no redeeming qualities?

Is Apu a racist character with no redeeming qualities?

youtu.be/zGzvEqBvkP8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K6TLYwelOPk
youtube.com/watch?v=wcXbUzwoiic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is your mother a nigger-loving whore who has AIDS, you little shilling cunt?

No? He's a hard working man that's faithful to his wife and provides for his kids.

>people who grew up on a foreign language shouldn't have accent it's racist
Fuck you racist shit.

DESIGNATED

>faithful to his wife

Don't you talk shit about Apu!

Hehe

>Is Apu a racist character
kinda
>with no redeeming qualities?
no

Before this thread turns into shitposting I'll explain this guys motivation.
It's not really about Apu, It's about a guy still butthurt over racist bullying he received as a child, after obtaining some modicum of success and fame that most of the people who shit talked him will never see he now has to destroy the enduring monument to his humiliation. This entire thing is a guy going on an ego trip way beyond the station of a semi famous stand up comedian.

Everything is racist these days. Everything is sexist everything is bigoted everything is problematic everything is toxic. The better question is why should anyone give a shit any more

I wonder how many people who grow up to be successful gloat about it directly at their old bullies on Facebook.

This.

>with no redeeming qualities
Aren't niggers supposed to be like that?

If he's really stirring up this much ruckus, it'd be interesting to eventually get an Apu focused episode where I guess they address whatever's racist about him. What are they mad about? His accent? That can be changed, easily.

During his hall of fame induction, Michael Jordan invited an old classmate that never made it to the pros but got selected to the varsity team over him in high school.

never heard of him before this, in fact I cant even tell you what his name is from memory
his career will go nowhere

plus theres that double standard because theres the girl on youtube, again another shitter I Couldnt tell you her name, but I'm pretty sure her entire shtick is self depreciating racial humor against indians

This

We have this thread at least once a weekend that's all the discussion worth having.

Stop giving this crybaby idiots movie more publicity than it deserves

WTF I hate Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle now!

Yeah, but did you see his newest tantrum on Twitter?

I've only been paying the slightest attention, but Hari always came off as a douche. This tweet sealed it.

Also, that was in response to comments Hank made to TMZ.

Let's be honest.

I'd be fucking tempted by that as well.

You know whats funny? Apu as a stereotype is fucking hilarious.

Black gangsta?

Mexican drug dealer?

Yeah, those suck compared to "Indian who runs a store"

If we wanted a REAL Indian we should just find a serial Rapist and street shitter.

>I'm an adult with bigger things to deal with
>Literally makes a movie about how a cartoon character "Insults" him

Dome?

>be poo in loo
>favourite cartoon is classic simpsons
>pajeet wants to ban apu now

why can't we be more like mexicans who lol at stereotypes instead of crying into their curry, i'm actually kinda sad now

If getting mad about stereotyping in a fucking cartoon is no.1 on your racial problems facing society list, you're way too priviledged for your opinion to matter in the first place.

>when you realize white people have it way worse than indians

What happened to just tracking your bullies down and beating the shit out of them?

>I'm an adult
True mature adults don't use profanity and act overly hostile to people who disagree with them.

Ironic cause people in India are far worse than people in America

*in terms of racism.

What is a caste system? The guy on the cartoon has a funny voice you insensitive cunt

>we should stop giving this guy attention
>YEACH BUT DID YOU SEE HIS TWITTER?
>AND ARE YOU FOLLOWING HIM ON INSTAGRAM?
>AND HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT HIS TUMBLR?

>yeah but what about...
You're deflecting.

I will never be ashamed of laughing at retards. Go whine elsewhere.

>why can't we be more like mexicans
Mexicans basically started that "I am not a costume!' shit just because whitey wanted to wear a sombrero.

There's nothing to deflect you absolute mongoloid. There is no problem here. There is a non-problem here. If he really gave a shit about "his" people's plight, he'd make a movie about a real problem. But he's not going to do that, because he's just some unfunny attention whore looking to suck up more attention.

Also, this isn't a debate and it's not tumblr. Don't start busting out the book of fallacies on me. I only want you to realize you and your ilk are massive retards.

They're Betas. Success doesn't change that.

He's by far one of the least Flanderized characters on the show.

Apu & other characters like Toshi are not racist. They are cultural stereotypes; their complexion doesn't factor into characterization.

Apu is hardworking, humble, & a good person. He's Indian, but that's just who he is. There is more to a character than aesthetics.

Backfiring in the face of PC.

Who already had his daughters lined up to marry men older than them and maybe already lost a wife in a "kitchen fire".

Lets not forget his inborn superiority complex towards everyone else he meets.

Listen it's TOO LATE to complain about it (a cartoon) now.

You're 25+ years too late.

>making fun of stereotypes
>in the simpsons

NEVER

I'm sure those were Chicanos that have never set foot in Mexico.

When will the Scots rally against Groundskeeper Willie? He is 1000x more "offensive".

I hope the Simpsons writers write Apu out of the show in a way that shows how negative stereotypes actually work.

Apu publicly deficates in the Kwiki Mart carparpk because his bosses put "do not stand on the toilet seat while shitting" signs up in the rest room, to stop the mess he was constantly making in there. He is arrested for public indecency.

His defense in court largely comes down to "every single person in India does it".

After being found guilty he is deported. When he arrives back in India he and his entire family are burned to death in a taxi by hindu fundamentalists for being white christians.

Don't they consider him a national treasure?

In this context insult and offend are the same basic thing. He's being a total child.

>3000+ year cilivization and people
>jealous of a succesful version of themselves in a cartoon
I can't wait to tell Ajit on the shitting street later

He's trying to turn it from "me being offended" to "Hank Azaria being insulting". And yes, he is a brown snowflake.

youtube.com/watch?v=K6TLYwelOPk

See I'm fine with him being offended but Azaria was sincere. His plea for Apu to get lasting character development is also hysterical because Apu is one of the only Simpsons characters that has multiple status quo developments.

>first they came for net neutrality
>now they want to ruin the simpsons

This pisses me off more than I thought it would.

He is more of an Northern Scottish stereotype, he actually does Scotland more justice than the Glaswegian stereotypes.

>TruTV

Most of them probably don't give a shit as the kind of drive (and luck) needed for success doesn't really correlate with that autistic petty behavior. But it does bother them. You see things like "fuck the haters" often on celeb instagrams and shit.

>I'm an adult!

I wasn't aware that an adult has to declare this. Did he just turn 18 or something?

But Azaria wasn't insulting. Not even a little bit. He said we watched it and it's given us a lot to think about. Azaria was being polite and respectful. The poo in the loo is just being an entitled douche.

Indeed. That's why I said he's a brown snowflake.

This is Raj's revenge for you guys calling him a manlet

>it's ok to want fictional characters banned because they got you bullied as a kid
I wish I had known that back when people used to call me George of the Jungle because I had the same name.

Much better thing to do than man up and stop letting retarded insults bother you.

Yes. An excellent & incredibly accurate representation of his race. I never found his character funny and thought it ingeneous they could slip him in without raising the spectre of implied racism with the netwotk execs. Good job btw.

I can see Jordan pulling this sorta shit.

>I'm an adult! I'm not even mad!

Said every booty blasted manchild ever.

This. And it's not even an Indian thing. If it was, maybe he would care more about the fact that a cab driver was stoned to death because he dared to offer to pay for two guys to use a paid toilet instead of shitting on the road as they tend to do over there.

This is an Indian-American thing, where he grew up with an education and indoor plumbing in New York, and the kids he went to school with made fun of him based on their frame of reference, which happened to be a cartoon character and not the fact that he was of a lower caste or that his parents weren't as successful or that he was weak and easily hit by their literal sticks and stones and shit.

Bottom line, if he really had better things to do, he wouldn't define his entire career over this.

Scots fucking love the character

I don't know about Apu, but I know your mother is an irredeemable racist whore.

They sandwich this trash commercial in between Impractical Jokers. A real mood killer.

To be fair, if anyone's going to get irritable bowel syndrome...

>Bottom line, if he really had better things to do, he wouldn't define his entire career over this.
He's an entertainer in 2017; self indulgence and twitter beefs IS his careers. Except he's indian so he has to twitter chicken instead.

Yeah can't blame him

kill him off then. it would be funny. kill lisa too.

>this thread aagin

Most characters on the simpsons suck. Not sure why they're getting so bent out of shape over this. Look at Marge. Terrible representation of women and housewives. She has literally no agency/personality.

>Is Apu a racist character

No

> with no redeeming qualities?

Eh. He hasn't been fun since the octuplets so yes.

Hah, wypipo can't be oppressed. They're all literal nazis, you see, and they need to have a frank conversation about it.

>tru tv
>I only ever see this talked about here.

Is this that fake news people talk about?

He is a comedy character designed to make fun of an absurd stereotype. This was never ambiguous and was always obvious.

OK, talk to you
South America, Australia, France, Germany, UK, Africa
Calling out around the world
Are you ready for a brand new beat
Summer's here and the time is right
For shitting in the streets
They're shitting in Chicago
Down in New Orleans
In New York City
All we need is shitting, sweet shitting
There'll be shitting everywhere
They'll be swinging, swaying, poop pureeing
shitting in the street, oh
It doesn't matter what you wear,
Just as long as you are there
So come on, every guy, grab a girl,
Everywhere, around the world
They'll be shitting, shitting in the street
It's an invitation across the nation, a chance for Folks to meet
They'll be laughing and singing, music swinging
shitting in the street
Philadelphia, PA
Baltimore in DC now
Don't forget the motor city
On the streets of Brazil
Back in the USSR
No matter where you are
All we need is shitting, sweet shitting
There'll be shitting everywhere
They'll be swinging, swaying, diarrhea spraying
shitting in the street, oh
It doesn't matter what you wear,
Just as long as you are there
So come on, every guy, grab a girl,
Everywhere, around the world
They'll be shitting, shitting in the street
Way down in L.A., everyday
shitting in the streets
Cross in China too
Me and you
shitting in the street
Don't you know
They'll be shitting
shitting in the street
shitting in the street

If anything it just makes him even more American.

Notice it's always those who never even set foot in the country of their heritage and not even slightly connected to the culture that bitch about "Cultural appropriation" and such
ie: Cunts that bitched about Iron Fist """whitewashing"""

Kek you forgot he cheated with the squishy lady?

Holy fuck. Is this real?

youtube.com/watch?v=wcXbUzwoiic

I hope this winds up getting the show canceled. Because if it's not something like this it's just going to keep going forever, until the heat death of the universe.

twitter was a mistake.

>There is more to a character than aesthetics.
This. There's also more to offensiveness than how a character looks, or who does their voice.

That documentary just shows that Hari has no idea what actually makes something offensive or not. Apu would be an offensive character is his Indian-ness was his source of humor, as in, if the show made him the object of ridicule for being Indian. It doesn't, it makes fun of his shady business practices, which have nothing to do with his ethnicity. If you compare that to examples, even within The Simpsons of characters like Cletus, Willie, or Luigi, it's pretty easy to see the difference. For the time he was introduced, as for being on a show like The Simpsons, Apu is a remarkably sensitive and inoffensive depiction of a brown person. Hell, Apu is still a better representation than most ethnic character get on TV.

Which is why Hari had to focus so hard on the representation angle. But guess what? Matt Groening has nothing to do with that. It's not The Simpson's fault that Apu was the only notable Indian character on TV, and it's pretty childish to blame Apu for whatever problems he faced growing up, especially for something the show had no control over. I would be more sympathetic to his criticism if this was different (and actually offensive character), but it just doesn't work for Apu.

This. The world would be so much better off without it.

I don't think Apu is a racist, I mean, to my knowledge, he's never discriminated against people because of their race.

>People who are bothered by things should just shut up

Good idea, why doesn't everyone in this thread lead by example

It happened to us with Speedy Gonzalez due to fucking whites and chicanos shitting stuff up, and it will happen to you!

Yeah, but the show is filled with racist caricatures. It's infortunate that he's the most iconic of them while there were so few Indian characters on TV. I don't know who is asking for him to be removed, but there's a way to have a conversation about him without removing him.

He doesn't want to ban him though. Where are you getting this from?

Opinion pieces aren't made because expressing these opinions are the most important thing to you the same way that posting here doesn't mean Sup Forums is the most important thing to us.

You first faggot.

>That woman

Dammit don’t let it go down like this. If it does, it’ll be one last fuck you to the long time audience that will forever taint the show, even the earlier seasons.

Yes, but my posts are not displayed in newspapers nor make the front page on youtube. At least until we have another goes ghost-type scenario.

>I'm an adult!
He said in response to Hank saying he's glad people are speaking their minds and respects their right to do so.

The problem isn't Apu. The problem is there has been no other indian representation as iconic as apu.