Itt: titles deserving of an ominbus or general re-release

>itt: titles deserving of an ominbus or general re-release

I'm hoping at some point they'll do one for all the individual marvel family titles, but I'm not getting my hopes up

>Warlord was literally DC's second best selling title at one point
>They refuse to reprint it or do anything new with him
Fuck these fools

Fuck yeah, Warlord. Is there any reason in particular why they haven't reprinted it yet? Some rights issue or whatever?

Personally, I'd love to see them finish the Jonah Hex Showcase collection, and at some point reprint V2 in bigger books.

We need Hex for sure yeah. They should start doing a series like Marvel's Epic Collections. Not everything has to be an omnibus, they're probably way cheaper to print than an HC and it would get these comics out to people who want to have them.

Trav is showing up next year.

Royalty issues is why they won't reprint it. Anything published between 1976-1998 has to be renegotiated because the royalty rate is to Hugh for a lot of books to make money in TPB.

It's why a lot of bug name DC books from that era haven't been collected.

That said, two Warlord TPBs do exist. One from the 90s and a Showcase Present TPB

Amazing Spider-Girl

I get what the artist was going for with this but what a complete failure.

Howard Chaykin's Blackhawk

My fucking man.
I love Hex and would kill for omnis.
I’ve even considered binding trades.

>Epic Collections
I want them for Killraven and Warlock.

Absolutely impossible I know.
But what I wouldn’t give.

And don’t tell me about those shit tier censored recolored Marvel ones.

I'm still hoping for any kind of collection for Shade, the Changing Man. They at least put digital versions up, but the entire series has never been collected (19 out of 70 issues made it to trade).

only the first 50 issues matter too

Ostrander Suicide Squad.
I know they're still making their way through the trades but Ostrander trades always do shit.

John Rogers Blue Beetle.
HOLY FUCK LET CASUALS WHO LIKE JAIME READ A GOOD SERIES WITH HIM.Rebirth and New52 tarnished comic Jaime

Ostrander's Wasteland
Ostrander's Martian Manhunter
Ostrander's The Spectre
Ostrander's Hawkworld
just kidding they're all cancelled

O'Neil's Question

>no Firestorm ever

I don't even know why the fuck Epic Collections exist if they're not being used for Gerber's Defenders

I hope someday they'll make a nice line of omnis or big paperbacks containing all of America's Best Comics.
It would be shame if they let these stories completely out of print like they almost already are.
Also that promethea omnibus with the fucking fold out pages that I'm still waiting for.

I get the feeling that might happen down the line considering they're using Tom Strong.

I wonder what the deal is with him. Did he have a great contract in the 1980s-1990s or something?

It can't be that or they wouldn't solicit it.
Most likely it doesn't have enough sales or preorders but I think they're dumb for expecting high sales on his books.
Suicide squad trades also got canned and are only now coming out because of the movie.

Annihilation. The thing is nearly $400 on the secondary market.

Just give me a Deluxe Edition with the 3 core Ambush Bug minis. That's all I ask.

>like Marvel's Epic Collections
Collect a bunch of stuff in really random orders and then abandon stuff without fully collecting the entire run?

is that true? i remember my dad loved that book but i didn't know it did so well

I'd buy it.

Lobo's getting a nice trade collection coming up soon, Irwin might follow.

We'll see about that...

They're still putting them out, they supposedly will collect everything eventually. The point is to do the stuff that hasn't been reprinted before early to make sure they get to it so it isn't just one of Marvel's million other attempts at a reprint line that dies off after printing the first 50 issues of everything.