Hellboy (Omnibus) Discussion

So I wanted to get into the Hellboy universe and considered buying the trades (1-12) but I just found out that there are supposed to be four Omnibus versions that will be released next year, collecting the Hellboy story. The problem is that all the descriptions that I have found seem to say that not all 12 trades will be collected in these things. Are the descriptions wrong or am I just missing something? I'd appreciate it if someone could explain

Also, Hellboy Discussion

Other urls found in this thread:

hellboy.wikia.com/wiki/Omnibus_Editions
twitter.com/AnonBabble

All I know is there putting all the Hellboy stories chronologically and the short stories get put in the other omnibus like hellboy in Mexico, midnight circus etc

so is that the "smart" way to read it or should I rather follow the current TPB reading order (release order)? sometimes, people recommend reading in release order instead of the chronological one

There's 6 omnis that are going to be released, 4 are the chronological main story from seed of destruction to hellboy in hell. The other 2 will collect all the trades with the shorter stories.
hellboy.wikia.com/wiki/Omnibus_Editions

The 4 Books are everything written by Mignola in chronological order and the rest of the short stories will be collected in two separate books

I was mainly interested in reading the volumes ranging from 1-12. If I like these, I'll consider getting the short stories as well as the BPRD books. I just don't know whether I'll get all the Volumes in the Omnis

You get all the volumes, from 1-12 volume 3,7,10 and 11 are the short stories which will now be separately collected alongside the graphic novels.

Now I get it, I was looking in the wrong place the entire time. Thanks mate

Doesn't some of the original volumes being short stories impair the reading of the overall story though or did the short stories make sense in the overall narrative? They could have brought out the original volumes in the chronological order to begin with

Just spend money on the library editions user, they are beautiful books and sometimes you can find them cheap on instocktrades

You guys keeping up with BPRD? You guys think anything is going to happen with Roger?

They add a lot to the universe and are just really good but most don't have any impact on the main story except give some background lore. I think their new omnis are a good way to collect them.
The trades are just like that because hellboy has been going since 1995 or something and Mignola did a lot of shorter stories with guest artists and such.

I fucking hope not they better let him Rest In Peace

they really are beautiful and I'd love to get those but they are unfortunately too expensive. Not an amerianon so I can't use instocktrades

I'm a library edition guy myself, and super fucking happy with them. I doubt the omnibi will be better collections.

Don't they ship worldwide?
Same proble as you buddy, i've only shopped with amazon so far tho, way easier. But i thought of instocktrades as a possibility

I wasn't implying the libraries are of the same quality. they should be a thousand times better quality wise but the price is actually what attracts me the most. I also like paperbacks so if the price is good and all the stories are collected, that seems like the better option for me

I checked, they do. unfortunately, the price for shipping is insane. I could buy two library editions for the shipping fee alone

If you guys are UK try SpeedyHen

Wait for the omnibus editions. They'll have everything in order and I'm sure the pricing will be a lot better than the stand alone trades.

Just checked the difference in shipping price. Holy shit, you're right.

Sadly i'm in South America user.

Don't hate me, but I really dislike Seed of Destruction. I think it's very boring.

t. I own every Hellboy Library edition.

If I was in the UK, I'd use booksetc. those have great prices most of the time

thanks. yeah, even on amazon, the books have an even smaller price than two of the regular volumes

I don't know where they came up with that insane shipping cost