So what's the deal with young fella?

So what's the deal with young fella?

He's rather ballin'

It's chen chong the chinese superman. He gets his powers from being a chinese bootleg of Superman.

Where'd he come from
What's he do
What makes him ballin

Great character, very underrated comic.

>Where'd he come from
China
>What's he do
He doesn't have mastery of his powers, he channels them with his chi, and he's only recently come under the mentorship of I-Ching
>What makes him ballin
Still learning, but incredibly cocky. He started off as a very arrogant bully, the power went to his head, he was humbled, and is growing back. He's had a good character growth arc, both powers and personality wise.

He work at the Dairy Pranet
He work very hard
Must hide secret from Rois Rane

Read the comic. Seriously, do it.

He's a kid who's a bit of a cocky prick. By accident he saves some people from a super villain and gets on TV, he tries to come off as a heroic guy.

The Chinese government is trying to make their own version of the JLA and after seeing him on TV they pick him as the subject of their experiment to create a Superman.

If you like comics like early Spider-Man/Ultimate Spider-Man where you have a young hero whose character is developed over the course of the series as he learns to use his powers and how to be a better person, read New Super-Man.

His deal is being DC's best character right now.

>WITH THE AMAZING POWER OF OVERHYPE!

I'll give it a shot

>He work at the Dairy Pranet
>He work very hard
>Must hide secret from Rois Rane
In one of the recent issues he was sent back to China's past (in DC comics).

>trigram 0

What is this bullshit?

Is that Slam Bradley?
What's he doing there?

The character talking to Kenan is the Fu Manchu looking character from the cover of Detective Comics #1, and he is trying to convince Kenan that Americans/the American ideal is evil.

In a few pages it switches from the image of Slam beating up a bunch of generically evil "yellow menaces" and shows that it's actually Slam beating up a bunch of innocent Chinese immigrants.

It resolves with Kenan deciding that just because there was ignorance in the past doesn't mean they still need to be bitter today.

>TFW no God Hand Slam Bradley game

Didn't this guy get Catwomen pregnant? I could have sworn that while busting up Chinks he was impregnating Catwoman.

He's nothing like Spider-Man though.

Jason Todd and Outlaws disagree.

His son got Catwoman pregnant then died during the One Year Later timeskip, leaving her with a baby alone

I mean the series has the same appeal of seeing a character grow starting with their origin, feeling very self-contained and consistent.

Still when comparing Peter to Chinky Chang here, it falls apart and doesn't make it appealing. Peter's a nicer if not more honest kid, Kenan is like a blander version of Flash Tompson and way to over the top.

Why they call him Superman tho? he doesnt related to Kal-el and kryptonians why not just call him Ching Chong man or something

His son? How old is he? I could have sworn him and Babs dated. Who's the ex Gotham police officer with a limp that Babs was interested in? Or was that Slam's son too? Is that why he's called 'Slam" cause he "slams" all the women of Gotham?

But he and Catwoman did fuck right?

You must be fun at parties

The guy with the limp is Jason Bard.
> Is that why he's called 'Slam" cause he "slams" all the women of Gotham?
Yes.

Because part of it is a joke about Chinese knockoffs.

That guy's wrong. The continuity doesn't make a whole lotta sense but there was a Slam in Action Comics who was the son of the original one from the 30's, then the one in Catwoman was the original but he wasn't from the 30's, just an old detective who lived in Gotham who Batman knew. The one in Catwoman never mentions the son so most likely Brubaker either didn't know about him or didn't care.

Yes Selina and him banged.

Did I-Ching and O-Sensei ever fought?

So why is everyone posting pictures of Slam banging Chinks when we should be posting pictures of Slam banging Catwomen?

Well for one thing is his powerset is pretty similar to Supes except he has to channel his qi to use it. Also through science he was able to get Superbros qi after he died.

I mean, Kenan's a bully, so of course that argument wouldn't work on him.

Hell before he saw what was actually going on he was cheering Slam on

Possibly, they’re kind of delving into his backstory a we bit

Thats exactly why I hate this Superman, the point of young superheroes types like Spider-Man and Wally West is they were the nerds who stood up to bullying and put a message of making them weak.

This dude is a Bully that got superpowers to spit on the inspirational ways nerds fought back. He still fights with the factor of he's a douche who warms up a bit but never truly earns his gifts.

>I ching is part of chinese Superman.
Neat. Reminds me DC also used it for Shaolin robot's A.I.

>Blind man staring at a mirror.

DC needs to make an New Super-Man anime ASAP

Cool, DC has a lot of asian superhero and concepts so I'm glad Yang is using them.

The stuff after Brubaker left was terrible, but that Slam Bradley did have a son named Sam, and Sam was the father of her girl "Helena."

there's already enough nerds being heroes, it's fun watching the reverse of some ass who takes out his frustrations on others suddenly getting all this power and responsibility and public admiration and how he handles it

Man, Catwoman and JSA probably are tied for the worst dropoff in quality between authors of all time

Time out, Catwoman is Slam's son's baby mama?

Does Bruce know?

>nevermind that he's a young man learning to be a hero and use his powers for the first time, while at the same time discovering that his parents have an integral role in the super-science government plot he's unfolding...he's not "nice" like Spider-Man so they're "nothing alike"
kys retard

I think he's aware that Sam was the dad, mostly because he's Batman. I don't have a page with me to confirm that he 100% knew the identity.
She eventually gave the kid away for it to have a better life, and Bruce was part of that process. She even asked Zatanna to mind-wipe her memories of Helena, but Zat refused.

Post-Brubaker was really bad guys.

Bruce almost took care of the child.

Total cuck.

>t. bitter nerd

>Chinese Superhero
>Anime

It's kind of fun how both his parents sort of despise him for being a feckless imbecile, but don't take any responsibility for raising him super poorly.

When he's around better peers and mentors, their influence helps him move past that.

So he can channel Qi to use one power of Superman's at a time? That's pretty interesting, what's the mystery power associated with the head?

I still wished he was called something other then Superman since it's kinda confusing that there's two supermen in the same continuity. Why not call him Yin-Yang or something like that?

His name is written Super-Man, instead of Superman. The whole book is actually spoken in Mandarin, with blue text being English, so that spelling makes more sense that way.

Calling him something else would ruin the whole point of there "Chinese bootlegs" vibe they have going.

Head = Flight

In the comics Superman even gives him the okay to use the title and even calls on him if he needs assistance

The food variants are so nice

How many issues you think it will be New Super-Man and the Justice League of China before changing to Justice League of China?
I'm guessing 20-26 NSMJLC then hopefully 27-40 at least JLC.

Peter was an asshole when the mask came on. Anonymity brings out the worst in some people :^). He would've gotten worse if uncle didn't bite it.