I COCKED UP, gonna need a fifth thread to wrap up Morrison's New X-Men run

I COCKED UP, gonna need a fifth thread to wrap up Morrison's New X-Men run.

All 40 something other issues are in

Did this just turn into NTR?

>Tommmmmm
;-;7

DAMN, OP. You fast

As you can see here, Ernst is Cassandra Nova, Morrison explicitely tells you so

Why do people hate this explanation for mutant hate so much? It fits with the Evolutionary War theme of the franchise

IT'S OVER

Unless someone wants me to dump Austen's run too

X

>a perfect specimen like Emma will never ask you if you want to inherit the Earth

jdimsa

get some sleep

and Austen gets storytimed every year in the storytime of pain

LMAO at the third mail
>Jean stays dead for a couple of years
if only you knew, pal...

I don't get it

the future she woke up in is so shit, she is eliminating that timeline.
she discovers the reason everything went to shit is Scott became a lonely depressed drunk after her death.
She changes the past, by making Scott accept Emma's offer, instead of rejecting her, which is what he originally did.

Quentin Quire tells her If you want to grow a new future to replace the one you cut away, you have to water it with your heart's blood.

then she says

Ha, live Scott, live (this last live was said by the Phoenix, not Jean, the black dialogue bubbles are his)

in the next page, Scott accepts Emma. Jean made Emma and Scott be together. Without her intervention, Scott would have rejected Emma to die as a depressed alcoholic guy. And that is enough to avoid the post apocalyptic Sublime future.

Deserves everything for being Jean Grey fan.

Because it's a fucking cop out. Just like "humanity's dying for some reason oh well!", it's a total reversal of the themes of the x-men.I'd be fine with Sublime as A villain, but THE villain weakens the whole franchise.

Hell, look where Morrison's stuff led.

Honestly the "Scott and Jean are bad for each other." stuff is so...ugh.

He outright says "We suck as a couple." like five times to make the reader accept it and then has Jean fucking go back in time to push his OTP together.

the 90s cartoon and the movies had made the Logan-Jean-Scott triangle a thing again when this was published

iirc it was the Marvel editors who wanted Jean dead. Morrison probably just wanted a wife swap, Jean with Logan, and Scott with Emma

Silvestri Beast is best Beast

All Beasts are good (as in good character) Beasts

Beast is good
Dark Beast is good
Sublime Beast is good
and even teen Beast could be good if he becomes full time magic Beast

I mostly meant the artist's rendition of him. The only real problem with Cat Beast was that everyone had differently terrible renditions of him, IMO. These last issues were good under that aspect though.

Bump

>rejecting Emma causes a bad future
LITERALLY best girl

She is indeed.

bump

It's the kind of explanation that can't be referenced or alluded to again, because it more or less undermines whatever motivation X-Men villains have to oopose them. It would work as a final answer to the question, but it creates more trouble than it's worth in an ongoing setting.

>Why do people hate this explanation for mutant
because it didn't need any explanation in the first place?

So if Jean pushed Scott to love Emma... why is she mad right now?

I really like this Beast tbbqh
pretty hot

Because Hopeless didn't understood the point Morrison was trying to explain. That or he didn't read Morrison's run.

It's sad that this was supposed to be a 6 issue story. A lot got left out, I imagine.

Thanks.

wait, wasn't last thread about a bunch of kids hopped up on mutie drugs and teenage hormones? how did we get to beast talking about purifying the world and shit? and what's with the bugs

yeah, this run ranged from average at best to terrible at worst.

I'd definitely say good at best but yeah the lows are pretty low.

love how they made readers sit through 3 and a half issues of terrible art and nonsensical story before bothering to give any context to what was happening.

I'd say E is for Extinction was definitely the peak.
Assault on Weapon Plus is the nadir art-wise, Planet X is the nadir writing-wise
Emma is still best girl though.