Clark has got to be Bruce's best man. Right?

Clark has got to be Bruce's best man. Right?

Other urls found in this thread:

hipcast.com/podcast/H1y8Jb
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why would a billionaire playboy from Gotham be friends with a journalist from Metropolis?

Like in all things Duke is Bruce's best man

I kinda assumed dick would be but clark is a good choice also

Clark would functionally make a terrible best man. He doesn't know shit about organizing parties (bachelor or wedding) and he's the type of nigga that would cry during the toast he's delivering. Not what a swanky urbanite/crimefighter wants in a best man. A better choice would be Dick Grayson.

Dick is like a son to Bruce that's just weird.

>Groom is having an affair with his best man

I'd read it.

They obviously met when he was doing coverage or something.

Can a Groom have a best man?

I'd say it would be Alfred first, then dick, third Supes.

It's probably gonna be a private ceremony for the league
Maybe a public one later for the media

Someone call for a best man?

But who will I get money for the strippers from? What end of his rich/broke cycle is Ollie at right now?

the new arc of batman, after he proposed to selina is about him and clark and titled superfriends or something. What do you think? Of course it'll be about him asking to be his best man

Museum gathering. Charity event. Billionaires and media can meet anywhere. Hell Bruce could have noticed him through his writing first.

If it's anyone but Alfred I'll be pissed.

Older kids are the best man most of the time when dad is older.

It should be, but Johns isnt big into their friendship and he is the one giving editorial advice.

Alfred is like a father.

Not going to work bro

yeah, alfred's like his father and dick's like his son. So they don't fit. (But alfred will walk selina down the isle). It'll be clark

Y'know, I'm all for knocking Batman down a peg, but Johns is so clumsy and petty whenever he goes about it.

Dick is more like a little brother imo

No.

Yup

If Alfred walks Selina down the isle i'm gonna cry...
Best dad for everyone

Not in anything public. Might be a groomsman if they can come up with a good enough explanation.

Do Ollie and Bruce even like each other at all? Or Hal and Bruce?

If I was Bruce I would probably pick Dick for best man. But if I was a super hero getting married and had to pick a best man it would probably be Guy Gardner or Hal Jordan.

>Clark has got to be Bruce's best man. Right?
King says no.
hipcast.com/podcast/H1y8Jb

. Batman and Catwoman will have an argument over who Batman’s best friend is: Catwoman says his best friend is Superman. Batman says his best friend is James Gordon.

Why would a billionaire playboy marry Selina kyle who is publicly known to be the crimmal Catwoman?

This sounds exactly like what a frivolous, rich idiot would do.

Sperman is too poor to hang out? -

>batman thinks gordon is his best friend
What the fuck is this garbage?
Selina is currently thought as a mass murder

>Batman says his best friend is James Gordon
Huh

I'm probably in the minority here, but I kinda prefer when the Batman and Superman cast don't mix too much.

I think Batman and Superman should have a professional relationship in the JLA, but I'm not a huge fan of them being literally "best friends".

I haven't read the issue where Clark and Lois get married, but I would imagine Jimmy Olsen being the best man as opposed to Bruce? Just seems more realistic.

Bruce doesn't seem to have many male friends his own age, but maybe Dick could be best man since he's an adult now? Or Gordon -I know that might be a little weird, but they are on quite familiar terms with each other, even if they're not "best friends". In Batman's first ever appearance Bruce and Gordon were hanging out together socially.

Or what about Lucious Fox?

Yeah, you are a minority, and your taste is shit

>Selina is currently thought as a mass murder
Did they not clear her name at the end of that arc? I honestly forget.

Batcat die !

Plenty of people are the best man/maid of honor at their parent's wedding.

Yeah. Jason is the first one that came off as a father/son relationship.

>he's the type of nigga that would cry during the toast he's delivering

>Superman
>not able to be stoic af when needed

King once again fucking things up.

Bruce and Gordon Are not close what so ever. Gordon and Bruce will never be close. Their relationship is that of Batman and gordon not with Bruce. That's fucking stupid. Bruce hangs out with Clark all time publicly.

>>batman thinks gordon is his best friend
>What the fuck is this garbage?
I could see Bruce autistically not understanding the difference between ally and friend

Hal and Bruce don't really get along at all save for occasional team ups.

Oliver and Bruce don't really get along that much either, but better than Hal and Bruce.

I'm going to call this Bruce being in denial. But I don't think Clark could viably BE his best man anyway, because there's too many differences of social strata between them really. It strains credibility a bit too much. Furthermore, Clark isn't the sort of person you'd want arranging a bucks' night like you would expect a billionare playboy to throw, and the bucks' night is the responsibility of the best man assisted by groomsmen.

Why the hell would Alfred walk her down the aisle, he's not HER father figure. Why wouldn't it be Ted Grant?

Jimmy is SUPERMAN's pal, not Clark's. People tend to forget this. Most versions of Jimmy never even know Clark's secret identity either. It's a distanced relationship. Conversely, Bruce knows pretty much everything about Clark, Superman, and Kal-El. They face life and death situations together on a regular basis, and would literally die for each other. Nohomo.

Even if they did, Bruce better careful because no that anytime Catwoman fucks around with Harley or tries stealing some shit people know it's Mr wayne's new bride.

>I'm not a huge fan of them being literally "best friends"
I've not read a worst take in a long time.

Going to add that I could see Bruce inviting Clark to it, and it gives Clark a good excuse to be with his friend. Since a reporter "covering" Bruce Wayne's bachelor party wouldn't be far out of kilter, and Clark is a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist and author, or I think he's supposed to be anyway. So technically, while it might in some cases be seen as demeaning to do celebrity-magazine reporting, on the other hand it is Bruce Wayne we're talking about here, and I could see Bruce acting the persona of "clearly I need only the best journalists to report on the magnificence of my bachelor party" or whatever.

>Bruce and Gordon Are not close what so ever. Gordon and Bruce will never be close.

Hey King, hows it going not understanding the characters you write for? You and Bendis getting along ?I figured you guys will have a lot in common.

>Conversely, Bruce knows pretty much everything about Clark, Superman, and Kal-El.

And Bruce is the first human friend that he has that he sees as an absolute equal, not only in heroic therms, but their autism collecting shit, the secret boy's club. Both grow up isolated in different ways, clark had to hide his potential while Bruce was pushing himself towards something greater than anyone else around. Bruce learned Kryptonian so he could talk with Clark. IMO even their fights make no fucking sense if they are not close friends and superman doesnt gives him full access to alien toys.

>Batman says his best friend is James Gordon.

so Bruce is going to ask Gordon to be his best man even though Gordon barely knows Bruce?

Cool old ass scan. I have Scan of Bruce sleeping with Dick 60 so years ago. I'm going to use it to make a point about something that has no relevance to modern Batman.

Thomas Jr is Bruce's best Man

When he was laying the smack down on Clark in TDKR, do you think he considered that to be his "best friend"? When he was taunting him about being the one man to beat him?

In the DCAU, how often do you think Bruce and Clark reached out to each other after retirement? I know Clark had Starro attatched, but Bruce didn't find his absence weird at all?

Why wasn't Bruce the best man at Clark's wedding?

When Jason Todd died, Clark wasn't at the funeral and only guessed he was Robin after the fact.

Why didn't Superman warrant even a mention of namedrop in the Arkham games or Nolan films?

I think when Bruce has some apple pie at the Kent farm it should be an occasion, not something that happens all the time.

When Clark shows up at Wayne manor, Bruce should assume it's about business, not a social call.

They absolutely care for each other, but I don't think they should be supporting characters in each other's books outside stuff like JLA. It's jarring as fuck when Batman tosses the Robins in Superman's freezer before going off to fight Bane solo.

This is all the proof you need its Clark.

>Oliver and Bruce don't really get along that much either
Oliver and his family are probably among the most loyal people to batman and the batfamily (over superman) only Martian Manhunter and and Kyle Rayner can be said to be closer.

But for the record back in the day, bruce wayne was the owner of the dialy planet and wasnt shy to stop by and visit Lois and Clark.

I think Batman should be Bruce's best man.

Batcat fags.

>Bruce refuse to serve pie at his wedding because he got traumatized by Clark's stare

Superman is his best friend Alfred is like his father Just watch the Justice League episode where Clark "dies".

Watch Superman/Batman Public Enemies.-

That's terrible, god i hated that retarded image it just makes me think of all the stuff that was lost after n52.
This shit is newer, but i just hate the idea of superman and batman hanging with the suits on, i get it's intended to be comedy.

Clark and Jimmy see each other daily at work.

Historically, Jimmy is a very important part of Superman's supporting cast, which is why it's such bullshit that he was killed like that in the BvS.

Sure, Jimmy may not know Superman's secret identity, but Superman has a shitton of affection for him. Only Jimmy gets a signal watch. I imagine Clark feels a lot more human when he's with Jimmy at a football game or talking about work than when he's hanging out in a cold Batcave. Lois knows Jimmy better too.

Jon's godfather is Perry -not Bruce or Alfred or Gordon.

user They are best friends Their Sons are best friends so fuck off

Bruce doesnt have kryptonian teeths to chew Lois cooking.

This whole Gordon thing and Catwoman being the one to suggest Superman is just classic King. Trying to steal things away from characters to make Selina looks better. Fucking hate this faggot and he made me hate Catwoman. What the fuck is wrong with retard and how can DC be so retarded to let him keep writing the characters he doesn't understand.

only best friends share the bed.

>I think when Bruce has some apple pie at the Kent farm it should be an occasion, not something that happens all the time.

When the ma and pa kent were alive Bruce was invited all the time.

Look at how uncomfortable Batman is. He probably feels ridiculous in full costume in a well lit room where nobody is intimidated by him and he can't just disappear. If I recall correctly, this is minutes after he had his ass handed to him by a kid.

Batman would no doubt prefer to discuss business with Superman on a dark rooftop in private.

I don't think this image "proves" that they are best friends, I think it shows Batman being uncomfortably exposed and vulnerable. Their stories are (and should be) thematically very different in scope and themes.

I can recall one occasion off the top of my head, and that was in the Superman/Batman book.

Damian is a (relatively) new character who doesn't have any other friends by virtue of his upbringing. Jon is a brand new character who doesn't have any friends because he's new to town. It's easier to mash them together than Clark and Bruce outside of superheroics.

I distinctly remember the end of a Superman/Batman comic where they were both eating dinner at the Kents, and Bruce was grumbling or something before Martha told him to be quiet and eat his pie.

He was quiet and ate his pie.

Dickfags BTFO

Why would he? There's no real reason for them to be friends besides the dumbass logic that of course the two best superheros would be best buddies. Mutual respect sure, but why would you be friends with the mentally unstable furry who spends his free time thinking up ways to kill you and your family?

Bat-cat fags.

>. Mutual respect sure, but why would you be friends with the mentally unstable furry who spends his free time thinking up ways to kill you and your family?

And there it is... this isnt about if they should be friends but you hating a fictional character, now shut up.

So do you just not read comics with the both of them, or what?

>mentally unstable furry
Oh I see you base your opinions of the characters on memes

Damifag is that you? I only ask because what you're posting makes 0 sense in context with what you're replying to and it seems like you're just repeating insults you heard someone use.

All Batman plans are to stop not kill
Clark understands Bruce reasons and even supports them by letting him hold on to krytonite
Bruce and Clark understand eachother better than anyone
Go take a dick in you're mouth King you are a shitty writer

OMG Since when Gordon is Bruce’s best friend? Like, it’s fucking canon in almost all (if not actually all) universes of DC. Gordon is a father figure for him! A very important father figure, but not a best friend. like, geez.

Got to be Clark

It probably should be Dick, but if the wedding is public then Dick seems like the obvious choice and if it is private then Clark. I have no idea why it would be Gordon.

>Gordon is a father figure for him!
What the fuck are you talking about? I agree he's not his best friend but this has literally never been the case.

Since King decided to make Batman look like a faggot so King's perfect waifu Selina can be the fan favorite and do and say the things that are right.

Have you seen those guys saying that the reason why people don't like earth one is something about not being batgod? and then when it's pointed out that year one, the nolan movies and mask of the phantasm all have extremely nerfed batmen they would just ignore it?

That's the kind of person you are dealing with. he deosnt want batman and superman being close due his own hatred for the character, it's not about arguments.

>His disguise was Bruce Wayne. He WAS Batman. You're parading around in his skin.
This is stupid on so many levels. One, the whole "Bruce Wayne is the disguise" thing is always stupid. Yes the playboy persona is a disguise, but that doesn't mean his entire identity as a Wayne is. Second, Bruce has explicitly told Dick to don the cowl in the past so Clark's objection is completely unwarranted.

Yes, that is the one and only instance I'm thinking of too. I think she told him to eat his peas, not pie, but I could be wrong.

I'm not saying Bruce NEVER visited the Kent farm for dinner, but when we both think of the same instance, that hardly qualifies as Bruce being invited "all the time".

There's also another page that gets posted all the time where Ma Kent says something along the lines of "I bet Batman never does this kind of thing to his parents" and Clark looks awkward.

Batman isn't as close to the Kent's as you think, and he doesn't drop by for pie "all the time."

So stupid. Clark would be proud of Dick carrying on the mantle, and it's really none of his business anyway.

It should be his long time friend Thomas Elliot

Has Hush done anything since new 52 happened?

Guys, you're all wrong. Joker is going to be his best man. I don't know how, but it will happen.

He played a fairly major role in Eternal

Sounds like you need to chill the fuck out

Hush was a pretty shit villain desu, the story was just fun because it uses most of Batman's rogues gallery.

true but still

Winnick a shit. All of his stuff is Identity Crisis-lite imagination-less forced drama, Batwing is the only decent thing he's ever done, maaaaybe Outsiders.

>Laying the smackdown on Clark

You mean the fight in which he was holding back almost completely and could've taken Bruce out quite easily but doesn't because they're best friends? Apparently you and everyone else were too stupid to notice so Moore had to spell it out in DKR3.

>Why wasn't Bruce the best man at Clark's wedding?
"Oh hey billionaire playboy guy thanks for coming to this lowly reporter's wedding." And even then, where in Rebirth was the wedding depicted?

>Why didn't Superman warrant even a mention of namedrop in the Arkham games or Nolan films?
Because the Justice League was mentioned and also Batman continues to want to solve everything by himself. And as for the Nolan films, they probably weren't contractually able to mention Superman stuff since super powers weren't exactly something AROUND in the Nolan films.

Heart of Hush was great though

Anyone know that the source series/issue is for this?