youtube.com/watch?v=kJLQ3efGG4k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

THAT’S

He's probably want this song at the party

Legend.

>That's a pretty sexy little girl
was Walt /ourguy/?

Walt was everyone's guy.

Who would win in a brawl, Walt or Miyazaki?

Walt, Miyazaki is just a grouch.

well, Walt has political power but Miyazaki has sexual powers

?!?!

It's funny but it makes perfect sense in the context of the movie. The girl was supposed to be sexy, because that's what awakens Mowglis humanity and convinces him to leave the jungle.

Reminder that Walt Disney was completey amoral shithead who made a list of everyone in his company that ever crossed him, and presented them all to the HUAC with the claim that they were all communists regardless of whatever their actual politics were.
He was an obsessive over control who made life hell for the artists who were actually responsible for all the parts of his work that we like.

Yeah but no one cares, we like the movies he made possible and those are the things that actually affect our lives.

At least he wasn't greedy like studio execs are nowadays.

He was greedy, and in fact when his studio started getting successful he agreed to make propaganda for the American government in order to avoid dealing with his artists trying to get a fucking raise.

His company is even worse now because of the way they have abused our copyright and trademark system, routinely fucking the public domain in the ass.

I do like many of their properties (or IMO, many things that they consider their property which I believe should have been in the public domain decades ago), but generally I'm happier to give my money and time to more independent companies and artists that aren't fucking the public in the ass.

thehistoryblogger.blogspot.com/2007/08/disneys-involvement-in-huac-1947.html

historymatters.gmu.edu/d/6458

jimhillmedia.com/alumni1/b/jim_korkis/archive/2003/08/18/1071.aspx

"The Testimony of Walter E. Disney Before the House Committee on Un-American Activities (24 October 1947)." Dictionary of American History. . Encyclopedia.com. 5 Dec. 2017

Seriously, fuck Disney.

Disney started making propaganda films BECAUSE they was losing money. All their movies (especially Fantasia) were flopping hard. Government contracts were the only things that were stable. Why do you think WB and UPA made them too?

1947 Walt Disney Testifies at HUAC
youtube.com/watch?v=kJLQ3efGG4k

I was having trouble finding original documents but this video is solid.

Eh. I can separate the man from his work.

When he's right, he's right.

I'm inclined to celebrate the work, and in this case not the man, and I'm especially inclined to investigate the history of supposedly great figures.

My own grandfather on my father's side always viewed Thomas Jefferson as a personal hero when he was growing up, but he kept up to date on historical research about Thomas Jefferson, especially the well researched and now accepted fact that Jefferson impregnated Sally Hemings, his half-sister and slave, and through his own actions doomed his own children to remain in bondage.

For my grandfather, all that was good in America was in Thomas Jefferson, and all that was evil was also in him (including the inclination to rationalize racism), and he wanted to understand both, he wanted his children and grandchildren to understand that too.

As much as I I like some of the works Disney was involved in, I don't want to sweep history under the rug, and throwing those you view as your enemies under the bus in front of the House Un-American Activities Committee does not leave me inclined to celebrate the man.